Author Topic: EL: Toulouse v Liverpool 3-2 Donnum 36 Dallinga 58 OG Cassares 73, Magri 75 Jota  (Read 18013 times)

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Yeah, standard rawk, totally missing the point.
Go on genius, what point did I miss exactly?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Go on genius, what point did I miss exactly?

The "I told you so!" point.

A very very very very important one.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
So lets have it right, all is rainbows and good times...but if something goes wrong it's the fault of the fans who say we went into the season undercooked...okay,.Lets get commolli back in should we

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
The only real issue I have from tonight is Endo. He was supposed to provide the steel and be the bulldog we needed out there and he was flat out bad. Bad Cody isn’t great either but I’ve beaten that horse to death. Aside from that don’t really care all that much, makeshift lineup and the French made it into a dogfight we weren’t expecting. Oh well, on to Brentford.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If we weren't expecting a dogfight - that's a problem.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I've thought about this and concluded...we'll make it out of the group. Who gives a fuck at the end of the day?

The whole point of group stages is to get out of the group.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
So lets have it right, all is rainbows and good times...but if something goes wrong it's the fault of the fans who say we went into the season undercooked...okay,.Lets get commolli back in should we
All I can see is you calling anyone who disagrees with your take a soppy twat, not a great start if you want a proper discussion.

Things may not be exactly as we’d like them to be but we’re several steps forward from last season, although I think the majority would probably say we could do with a world class 6 who is a 6, not an 8 naturally.
We tried to get one of the few that possibly fall into that bracket for around £100m but it didn’t work out. He’s not exactly setting the world alight so far.

Up until the last couple of games we have on the whole been playing well and building on a solid start. I think tiredness and injuries are probably playing a part in that.

All in all I’d hardly say it was time to highlight the summers transfers as pitiful and start to point the finger at other supporters who prefer to look at things more positively than you
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thankfully didnt wake up at 4am to watch this. 

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How do we manage to stir up so many emotions in a Europa league group stage.  Would bloody love to win this trophy.

The handball was harsh, but I put it more down to the nonsense rules than the officials.  Hard for them not to give that the way things are.  I don't care if it sounds sour grapes but it's the sort of thing that would likely not be checked if it was the Mancs in the Premier League.

As for the performance it underlined what a lot of people have thought for a while anyway - that we don't have much in defence outside of our first choice.  There was a midfield rebuild this summer and I'm sure a few defenders coming in next summer .. January would be nice though.  A long term injury to Virg doesn't bear thinking about right now.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I've thought about this and concluded...we'll make it out of the group. Who gives a fuck at the end of the day?

It is. Would have liked to have wrapped up the group by now though because now we have to go strong in at least one more group game.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size

The whole point is to top the group. There are consequences for coming second in the group.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
We needed a result and performance like that. Not really arsed(no really, I'm not) since we're goo d enough to get out of the group.
Roll on the next game.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Maybe the absolute knobs who were so quick to justify our pitiful £80 odd million net outlay for the summer (again), and were so quick to backslap our transfer committee (again) will wind their necks in and start finally listening to the people who said I told you so (again)...any other team who starts well and it's all 'well lets wait until later in the season and see how their squad does'...that's our squad, you soppy twats

Or perhaps you could judge the players for a little longer than a few weeks before kicking off. I will say once we get past the international week we get a proper fluency in our games as the matches come at us quicker, then perhaps people will see some players in a different light.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jogi

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Hi Guys,

Can anybody who was in the stadium explain me why the team lost control totally  in 2nd half?

There was this big mistake by Tsimikas, but Toulouse is not a top team. Our quality is much higher.
I think it was because of a lack in concentration. But hard to say in TV.
Thanks if somebody can give an insight

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
Hi Guys,

Can anybody who was in the stadium explain me why the team lost control totally  in 2nd half?

There was this big mistake by Tsimikas, but Toulouse is not a top team. Our quality is much higher.

It’s all well good saying they are not a top team but football is played on the pitch not and paper. We need to go into every much expecting fight especially away from home. Being outfought and outworked is unacceptable and it’s happened two games in a row against poor sides.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Hi Guys,

Klopp said it best, if you dont win your challenges and your battles, you can forget it. We lost too many battles and possession in the wrong moments and we suffered for it.

We have to do better against Brentford because the sight of a team who doesnt graft and is too concerned at getting themselves dirty will be a delight for them.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
Klopp said it best, if you dont win your challenges and your battles, you can forget it. We lost too many battles and possession in the wrong moments and we suffered for it.

We have to do better against Brentford because the sight of a team who doesnt graft and is too concerned at getting themselves dirty will be a delight for them.

The amount of misplaced passes is a concern. Against Bournemouth in gale force winds was understandable but against Luton and Toulouse it is not. Say what you want about Jones but he rarely if ever gives the ball away. If you have the ball the opposition can’t hurt you with it.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Maybe all the "too good for this competition" comments rubbed off on the players?

Ultimately won't matter but a significant kick up the arse nonetheless.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
Thankfully didnt wake up at 4am to watch this.

It was so awful, I didn't want to wake up this morning at all!!!!

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
Hi Guys,

The team wanted it more. The fans wanted it more. Put under pressure, we failed the test.

I am on the train back to Paris and have just seen ten minute highlights. The ref was a rabbit in the headlights after Quansah’s goal and I think the goal should have stood. I also think the “goal” they had disallowed was very harsh too.

I was in with the Toulouse fans in the section next to the away fans. They were sound even if they have no concept of actually sitting in the same seat, or row even, that they have been allocated. I also think that, like in Paris, there were a few (a few only) locals who had got in without a ticket. I tried my absolute best to be respectful and not a pain the arse but, it has to be said, I lost the plot after the equaliser. The Toulouse fans around me just smiled when the ref went to the monitor after giving the goal first.

Good trip mind and Toulouse is a lovely place. Bizarrely, before the game I was chatting to a French Toulouse fan who spoke English with a very strange accent. A bit like the Pink Panther. He predicted 3-2, based on hope rather than expectation. His Dad is from Stockport and his favourite English team - Man Utd  ::)

Offline wah00ey

• Gappy Gumbo, especially at the back.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay away from Twitter, it's no good for anyone.
Seems to me as soon as the media start talking us up, we turn to shit.  We were OK 3 weeks ago when we were totally under the radar and it was all about Saudi, Spuds and the Arse.
Look up "Odious" in the dictionary and Martin Samuel is the given definition.  Call me Klopphooey please.

Offline Gladbach73

• Anny Roader

Don’t know if it has been posted before, but I’ve taken this from IFAB’s own directive. Look at the last paragraph repeated below.

We’ve been screwed (again) never mind about the poor performance.

“Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence.”

So the onfield referee correctly gave the goal and pointed to the centre circle. VAR incorrectly applied the laws of the game according to IFAB. Just get rid now, it stop the spontaneous celebration of a goal. I’m rapidly falling out of love with this game after going to the game since 1964.
"If Everton were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains"

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
This place is great. Couple of bad results (a draw and a loss with a heavily rotated squad away in Europe) and all the usual suspects are out in force. They've had to wait until November to be able to crawl out from their holes and shout 'I told you so!' about this and that and how they were right in the summer and we didn't spend enough money and this player is shite and that player will never be good enough. Absolutely fucking pathetic

We twatted these at Anfield with a rotated team dominating them. They were always going to be up for it at home against European royalty. This is the biggest game of that entire squads career so far and our hardest game in the group so it was never going to be a walkover. Some lads struggled out there but we rallied together and fought back and should be coming away from there with a point if not for a ref (and ref team) who wanted to decide the result and be centre of the attention as usual

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
This place is great. Couple of bad results (a draw and a loss with a heavily rotated squad away in Europe) and all the usual suspects are out in force. They've had to wait until November to be able to crawl out from their holes and shout 'I told you so!' about this and that and how they were right in the summer and we didn't spend enough money and this player is shite and that player will never be good enough. Absolutely fucking pathetic

We twatted these at Anfield with a rotated team dominating them. They were always going to be up for it at home against European royalty. This is the biggest game of that entire squads career so far and our hardest game in the group so it was never going to be a walkover. Some lads struggled out there but we rallied together and fought back and should be coming away from there with a point if not for a ref (and ref team) who wanted to decide the result and be centre of the attention as usual

Plus all they say is spend more money.

Why do the dishes when you could buy new ones?

Fella above saying 80m was misspent amused me. I'm a fan of our midfield now personally. It's going to evolve and evolve. Szoboszlai is our best midfielder for years.

We're not out the group.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
We were shit, but ultimately we are still going to progress from the top of that group with one more win. Obviously the disallowed equaliser was shammbolic and nonsensical, but they had two disallowed goals on top of that. They were better and wanted it more. As Klopp said, we deserved to lose.

Don’t know if it has been posted before, but I’ve taken this from IFAB’s own directive. Look at the last paragraph repeated below.

“Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence.”

So the onfield referee correctly gave the goal and pointed to the centre circle. VAR incorrectly applied the laws of the game according to IFAB. Just get rid now, it stop the spontaneous celebration of a goal. I’m rapidly falling out of love with this game after going to the game since 1964.

It puts paid to the idea that only English referees are incapable of working VAR. Scrap the whole thing. It doesn't belong in footy, and never did. The only reason it was introduced is because social media, the 24/7 news cycle, and the devolution of punditry into social-media friendly "talking points" meant a cacaphony of noise over every single bad or contentious refereeing decision. We still have that cacaphony of noise over VAR, so it has solved nothing.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
That was half-arsed. I hope the travelling support enjoyed the food & drink. Feel sorry for Quansah getting his first goal robbed from him.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
The rules were incorrectly applied, it is unbelievable that such gross and unprecedented errors have hit us twice in the same season. We should be demanding an explanation from UEFA.

That being said, that was a shocking performance.

In particular I think McAllister, Gakpo, Tsimikas and Endo were terrible. There is no excuse, all four are experienced international players and yet they were all outfought by a middling French team. It's not acceptable. Then we bring on the big guns and there is little if any improvement.

Toulouse and Luton have had success by just packing the middle of the pitch and letting us have space out wide, they allow us percentage crosses from wide knowing we have little aerial threat in the middle. Brentford will do the same and I am hoping the dismal last two performances are not the start of a trend.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Great game of football. Caught up with a mate and we're both going through a little bit of a rough time.

Toulouse played tremendously well and it was great to see some of our kids get the chance on a big stage.

The result in the end didn't go our way, but the fight and determination from our players was great to see. The fact they were gutted at the end showed just how much they cared too.

We're doing great in this competition and a little blip looks like it's going to drive them on and we've certainly got lessons to learn.

Great game of football. Deserved win to Tolouse. Thought the officials did really well in a difficult match and we're top of the group.

Had a great day out yesterday watching it. Happy days. Let's hope we bring what we learned yesterday into our next matches and I think it's looking pretty good.

:)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
Over here (France), every comment last night was that the decision was correct to disallow the goal, same again this morning. A large part of that is regular media reading a prompter line gave them that info, but the sports pundits are all saying the same thing. Not one that I have heard expressed any doubts or said they'd like a second look etc. The only "neutral" take was that VAR had sanctionned a handball by Mac, with no further comment, in one of the l'Equipe articles.

No point in mentionning the RMC commentary we had to endure on French TV either, it was so lopsided and partisan.

Actually, apart from ourselves in here and some social media, there's been no mention of it at all in the various reports I've read. We can't be the only ones that know or care what the handball rules are? I'd be embarassed if that was disallowed up the other end of the pitch, it's just an incorrect application of pretty clear rules that stinks of widespread incompetence in the refereeing bodies, general indifference to the proper application of the rules by the wider footballing community, and a startling rise in a partisanism that would prefer to see opponents screwed by bad decisions than beaten fairly just to better thumb their noses and laugh.

In the end, we'll qualify, so who cares? The better team won, so who cares? All these things are important. If not now, then in a couple of games time or at the end of the season etc. It's important that you have an off-day and still claw yuor way back to get a draw. That the other team were "better" should never be a consideration. You score the goals or you don't. If they are illegal, they should be chalked off, if they are legal, they should stand. It's really not any more complicated than that.

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
French football is gone
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
What I don't understand at all is why the Diaz goal against Tottenham and this last night, where no shade of grey is involved, just a straight 100% mistake, does not lead to a post match reinstatement of the goal.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
French football is gone

They did well yesterday, it's just the top tier that's struggling because the level of domestic competition doesn't prepare teams adequately for the competition of the CL.

All moaning about the ref aside, I was very impressed by Toulouse yesterday. Until the OG, they looked pretty good: Fast, organised, disciplined. They also score 2 more that were just offside, so they had obviously done their homework and were clearly sticking to a plan. They were value for their win, up until the point that they should have had a draw by the laws of the game.

Add in the end of game fatigue that they managed to overcome up to the fifth minute of additional time without resorting to much time wasting antics, I mean, well done. And I'm not being sarcastic, they overachieved all game and it was almost fun to watch (almost because we were just so poor). Toulouse are playing badly in an average league and still pulled out that performance? No wonder they celebrated like they just won the final.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
What I don't understand at all is why the Diaz goal against Tottenham and this last night, where no shade of grey is involved, just a straight 100% mistake, does not lead to a post match reinstatement of the goal.

Because you don't know how that goal would have affected the remainder of the game and because there was only a one goal difference in the result.

Last nights game was one where, if we were going to lose a game, that was it - whats important now is making sure we don't make it no wins in 3 at the weekend and let it become the start of a bad run.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Last night, possibly given it was close to being the last kick of the game.

They can’t go back to a disallowed goal in the first half of a game and after full time and a goal to the score. Spurs would have a huge case to say they’d have done things differently had the Diaz goal stood (they might not have done, they might have continued to huff and puff but you can retrospectively add a goal.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan

[/quote]
But you know that we can't play well in every game right? We were poor but still deserved a point. Both things can be true.

And you do know that poor decisions that cost us points can have a tangible impact on our momentum?
Am I pissed off 100 percent, does it effect us 100percent.

The last two games have been down to our play, which for me is what I'm more focused on. If we had played anything like decent we wouldn't have needed that decision in the last minute.

When I'm teaching I constantly bang on about controling the controllable, everthing else is a distraction (which is exactly what Klopp will be doing)

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
The amount of misplaced passes is a concern. Against Bournemouth in gale force winds was understandable but against Luton and Toulouse it is not. Say what you want about Jones but he rarely if ever gives the ball away. If you have the ball the opposition can’t hurt you with it.
👍

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Shipping 3 goals to a middle of the table French side was a surprise if not  a shock. Truly highlights the class and organisation skills of irreplaceable VVD and Alisson.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
It's a cliché but Klopp, his coaches and some of the players will have learnt a lot from that.  The late equaliser being disallowed was clearly incorrect but, on the balance of play, we were fortunate to only be one goal behind at that point.  I'd guess that's what Klopp will be focussing on rather than the poor officiating.

Ultimately though it was very much a mix-and-match side and a defeat that should prove inconsequential.

I hope Kostas can prove me wrong but we seem to have an issue brewing at left back.  We've got a lot of games between now and Robbo being available again!  37-year old Milner could do a job for us at the moment  ;D

Offline TheMan

• Main Stander
We have serious issues at left-back and defensive midfield.

Funnily enough these are precisely the two areas all the hysterical nappy-wearing fans identified as  where we fell short during the transfer window

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan

But what if the referee’s/VAR’s interpretation was that it was a deliberate handball? We’re all saying it was accidental, what if the referees thought otherwise? I’m playing devils advocate a bit as it was a ridiculous decision but we don’t know what the refs were thinking.