Author Topic: Labour Thread * No Gaza *  (Read 172371 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Reply #3040 on: March 30, 2024, 10:36:07 pm »
They’d have closed any way. But no one wants to hear that. 
If private schools can’t make efficiency savings to absorb at least half of the VAT rise, then they’re fucking shit.  We shaved 4% off our budget for next year, it wasn’t that easy but certainly not life changing as a one off.  (I then found £285k down the back of the sofa so we’ve uncut the 4% again)

And no one can afford £15k but not £16.5k.  No one.

But think about those families, working their fingers to the bone, not going on a second holiday, giving up an SUV to put little Timmy through some snotty school. They are the real victims here, the c*nts.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3041 on: March 30, 2024, 10:39:53 pm »
But think about those families, working their fingers to the bone, not going on a second holiday, giving up an SUV to put little Timmy through some snotty school. They are the real victims here, the c*nts.
Someone once told me that their parents made real sacrifices to send them to private school and that some days they only had beans on toast for tea.

They  were being serious. 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3042 on: March 30, 2024, 10:44:44 pm »
Someone once told me that their parents made real sacrifices to send them to private school and that some days they only had beans on toast for tea.

Yep. Short of farmers and fishermen after Brexit, those people moaning about Private school VAT exemption being taken away deserve to be brushed aside and put into a massive box, then chucked into the dirty Thames.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3043 on: March 30, 2024, 11:15:29 pm »
there's still an abundance of vacancies in state schools, right?

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #3044 on: March 31, 2024, 03:45:19 am »

Depends where in the country I’m guessing, schools are closing in London because there’s not enough kids.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #3045 on: March 31, 2024, 07:44:59 am »

Yes, recruitment is a real issue so teachers leaving private education wouldn’t be hard pressed to find employment
Believer

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3046 on: March 31, 2024, 08:06:26 am »

I am sure that is true. But I'd be surprised if it's more than one family per school.
My guess would be that most families involved will find their were tax giveaways in the last budget that will plug the gap. Failing that they might have to turn the hot tubs off in the school over night, or have fewer people manning the helipad.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3047 on: March 31, 2024, 08:24:45 am »
I am sure that is true. But I'd be surprised if it's more than one family per school.
My guess would be that most families involved will find their were tax giveaways in the last budget that will plug the gap. Failing that they might have to turn the hot tubs off in the school over night, or have fewer people manning the helipad.

Whilst commuting to my minimum wage job, I heard schoolkids moaning that their latest ski holiday wasn't as good as they'd have wanted it to be.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3048 on: March 31, 2024, 08:45:36 am »
Yes, recruitment is a real issue so teachers leaving private education wouldn’t be hard pressed to find employment
It won’t really solve anything. We trained (I think) 17% of the physics teachers required last year.
There is no one left to teach physics. Even private schools have desperate struggles.

Now interestingly, of those 17% 57% came from outside of the EU.

So basically, teaching is becoming an overseas recruitment profession.

WLR is right that some primary schools are closing as the birthrate drops, but it won’t help secondary schools where recruitment is terminal
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3049 on: March 31, 2024, 10:15:58 am »

WLR is right that some primary schools are closing as the birthrate drops, but it won’t help secondary schools where recruitment is terminal

IIRC the cause isn't falling birthrates but families being priced out of London (or at least certain areas of London). So from a teacher recruitment perspective the demand isn't falling, it's just moving elsewhere.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3050 on: March 31, 2024, 10:21:13 am »
IIRC the cause isn't falling birthrates but families being priced out of London (or at least certain areas of London). So from a teacher recruitment perspective the demand isn't falling, it's just moving elsewhere.

It’s probably a mixture of the two, we are as a country having fewer and fewer children.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3051 on: March 31, 2024, 11:50:44 am »
^ right, the U.K. birth rate is not economically sustainable, do you think any of the parties would ever pivot on their immigration policies?

(I know that's silly, but we do need several hundred thousand more immigrants each year to sustain the U.K economy, that and rejoining the EU would solve the problem - easy  ;D )

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3053 on: April 1, 2024, 12:38:39 am »
All the primary schools around here (Leicestershire) are fit to bursting.  My youngest is in year 3 and is in a class of 36 kids - as I understand it they were allowed to go over the legal limit of 35 due to enrolling some refugee families after the school year started.  A new primary school has been mooted but some of the housing developers have been dragging their feet over the Section 106 payments.

There's definitely a former Londoner enclave here which I guess is due to us having a direct train service to London.  My eldest's Sunday football team have picked up some cracking lads in the past 18 months from kids of families that moved up from London!  If I had the choice between a flat in London or a family home here for the same price then I'd be out of London like a shot too!

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3054 on: April 1, 2024, 01:41:02 am »
^ right, the U.K. birth rate is not economically sustainable, do you think any of the parties would ever pivot on their immigration policies?

(I know that's silly, but we do need several hundred thousand more immigrants each year to sustain the U.K economy, that and rejoining the EU would solve the problem - easy  ;D )

It’s something Labour always tie themselves up in knots over so if I was them I would avoid immigration as a subject like a hot potato.

Immigration as a solution to a falling birth rate also papers over the cracks of getting to the root cause of why people are no longer having children eg cost of housing, stagnant wages that have wider impacts than just the falling birthrates.
Thinking is overrated.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3055 on: April 3, 2024, 07:00:55 pm »
W

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3056 on: April 3, 2024, 10:31:11 pm »
Absolutely brilliant party election broadcast here.

https://twitter.com/uklabour/status/1775575239218602064?s=61&t=IBM61bzNciP9yNB3C-HiEg

The opportunity to refer to a cunning plan was right there!
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #3057 on: April 10, 2024, 03:10:27 pm »
Ugh, Wes Streeting going on about middle class lefties in The Scum tells me enough to know he's a right tit. Understand what he means about NHS waiting times but please stop with the divisive rhetoric on the people who vote for you most.

Glad The News Agents went after him on it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 03:12:15 pm by RedDeadRejection »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3058 on: April 10, 2024, 04:20:24 pm »
Ugh, Wes Streeting going on about middle class lefties in The Scum tells me enough to know he's a right tit. Understand what he means about NHS waiting times but please stop with the divisive rhetoric on the people who vote for you most.

The guy is a fucking idiot and 100% in the wrong party. Starmer should demote him and Reeves once they win power.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3059 on: April 10, 2024, 04:28:16 pm »

He's so insufferably awful. Makes my skin crawl.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3060 on: April 10, 2024, 04:30:26 pm »
He's so insufferably awful. Makes my skin crawl.

"Middle-class Lefties". He's just described himself and virtually the entire membership of the Labour Party.

Why does Labour always contain one or two front line politicians who feel they have to pander to this populist shite?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #3061 on: April 10, 2024, 04:36:16 pm »

At times he sounds indistinguishable from the average Tory. In particular he doesn't appear to understand the damaging effects that private heath companies are having on The NHS.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3062 on: April 10, 2024, 04:50:36 pm »
At times he sounds indistinguishable from the average Tory. In particular he doesn't appear to understand the damaging effects that private heath companies are having on The NHS.

I'm sure he understands it perfectly well, but then he has accepted nearly £200k in donations from private healthcare providers since the 2019 election.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/uk-news/23568478.much-labour-tory-mps-get-private-health-firms/

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3063 on: April 10, 2024, 04:51:53 pm »
Streeting is the idiot's idiot.  Has been for a long time, tagging on to any lingo that will win him fans without having any substance.  Saw his name pop up in another story today too (regarding the Cass review, won't add more as, sadly along with Gaza, it can't be discussed sensibly) and you can see he just clings onto what he thinks is going to be a popular move.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3064 on: April 10, 2024, 04:55:46 pm »
I'm sure he understands it perfectly well, but then he has accepted nearly £200k in donations from private healthcare providers since the 2019 election.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/uk-news/23568478.much-labour-tory-mps-get-private-health-firms/

Yep, he is in the pocket of them. He actively wants to drive traffic their way and put the bill on the public purse. He is dangerous.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3065 on: April 10, 2024, 07:03:09 pm »
Yep, he is in the pocket of them. He actively wants to drive traffic their way and put the bill on the public purse. He is dangerous.

That’s absolutely shocking, I wouldn’t expect any Labour politician to take money from private healthcare, never mind the fucking shadow health secretary, even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and say its not influencing his (very pro private healthcare) policy announcements it looks absolutely awful.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3066 on: April 10, 2024, 07:29:11 pm »
That’s absolutely shocking, I wouldn’t expect any Labour politician to take money from private healthcare, never mind the fucking shadow health secretary, even if you give him the benefit of the doubt and say its not influencing his (very pro private healthcare) policy announcements it looks absolutely awful.

Indeed. There is a lot of Labour shadow front bench members im not that fond of but thats mainly because they are very unremarkable. Streeting however is dangerous and has ulterior motives. Lammy and Reeves I have worries over for that as well.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #3067 on: April 10, 2024, 07:55:04 pm »

But why show a photo of Mikey Owen?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #3068 on: April 10, 2024, 09:26:26 pm »
Streeting is a horrible prick. Done and interview with the Sun chucking trans people under the bus. He's as bad as any Tory.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3069 on: April 10, 2024, 09:44:58 pm »
Streeting is a horrible prick. Done and interview with the Sun chucking trans people under the bus. He's as bad as any Tory.

I have said for years that the guy is in the wrong party. He is the most dangerous member of the shadow cabinet and needs to be watched. In charge of health as well.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3070 on: April 10, 2024, 09:52:07 pm »
The private sector is the answer, just look at the past 40 years.

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #3071 on: April 10, 2024, 11:20:30 pm »
Glad I'm right about Streeting then judging by every single one of you agreeing 😂

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3072 on: April 11, 2024, 12:31:27 am »
Glad I'm right about Streeting then judging by every single one of you agreeing 😂

Marina Purkiss called Streeting dodgy as well and one to keep an eye on. Its good to see a few people seeing what Streeting is about. As we get closer to a Labour government some of these lot will get a lot more scrutiny and that the guy is a Tory with a red rosette.

Online RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #3073 on: April 11, 2024, 09:44:33 am »
On a separate note, Marina is great.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3074 on: April 11, 2024, 07:36:15 pm »
So Rosie Duffield has been criticising Streeting for his initial stance trans men and women. With Streeting throwing trans people under the bus, looks like that will be another internal Labour fight.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3075 on: April 11, 2024, 10:40:18 pm »
Leave aside the rights and wrongs and nuances of all of this… Elections are seldom won on those.

To get this headline from the daily mail is quite remarkable

The Tories aree very very dead

W

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3076 on: April 11, 2024, 10:49:48 pm »
So Rosie Duffield has been criticising Streeting for his initial stance trans men and women. With Streeting throwing trans people under the bus, looks like that will be another internal Labour fight.

I was hoping Duffield was going to lose the whip, she's poisonous.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3077 on: April 11, 2024, 11:32:52 pm »

Starmer takes the whip off her then she will head over to the Tories.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3078 on: April 12, 2024, 07:22:25 am »

Duffield is a fine feminist MP who has been subject to bullying by a gang of creepy misogynists. She should be promoted to the front bench in charge of women's rights.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3079 on: April 12, 2024, 01:33:05 pm »
They are now going after Rayner for breaking electoral law - being registered in the wrong constituency. ::)

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.