Author Topic: Rumbelows cup: Bou 1 vs 2 Liv Gakpo 31’ Kluivert 64’ Nunez 70'  (Read 18484 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: EFC: Bournemouth 1 vs 2 Liverpool Gakpo 31’ Kluivert 64’ Nunez 70'
« Reply #280 on: November 2, 2023, 12:20:10 am »
Fish & Chips on Kloppo me thinks.  ;D

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #281 on: November 2, 2023, 12:43:51 am »
Good win, made it tough for ourselves by overplaying in our own half in the 2md half and got dispossessed a dozen times. A fantastic goal from Darwin, you could almost here the sniggers from the crowd after he initially miscontrolled the ball, that quietened them down though!

Happy with the home draw. West Ham are up and down as evidenced by their results in the last week, but I'd rather get a team who have Euro commitments than one that doesn't like a Chelsea or Fulham.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #282 on: November 2, 2023, 01:23:12 am »
Jürgen Klopp: "We have to play out, we cannot play long balls because they will come back. Sometimes it's risky but we cannot always have a perfect situation. Their corners were really good. I loved our goals a lot. Darwin's goal, wow, what a screamer."

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #283 on: November 2, 2023, 02:01:41 am »
Good win, made it tough for ourselves by overplaying in our own half in the 2md half and got dispossessed a dozen times. A fantastic goal from Darwin, you could almost here the sniggers from the crowd after he initially miscontrolled the ball, that quietened them down though!

Happy with the home draw. West Ham are up and down as evidenced by their results in the last week, but I'd rather get a team who have Euro commitments than one that doesn't like a Chelsea or Fulham.

I think it is a Uruguayan trait. Remember Suarez being laughed at by Norwich fans and then he scored after he won the ball in the next 10 seconds. So lesson is, do not laugh at the Uruguayans.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #284 on: November 2, 2023, 02:59:14 am »
Strangely stressful game. Wish there had been some way of not pissing about. Still, some decent comedy on the night as well.

Fantastic goalsaving block by their keeper... in the wrong area, lol

Mock Darwin at your peril, lol

Mo needed a showercap, lol

Man Utd, lol
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: November 2, 2023, 03:06:54 am »
Strangely stressful game. Wish there had been some way of not pissing about. Still, some decent comedy on the night as well.

Fantastic goalsaving block by their keeper... in the wrong area, lol

Mock Darwin at your peril, lol

Mo needed a showercap, lol

Man Utd, lol

To be fair, the conditions were absolutely horrific for playing football in. I know it's the same for both teams, but it definitely worked as a bit of a leveller here.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #286 on: November 2, 2023, 03:13:58 am »
To be fair, the conditions were absolutely horrific for playing football in. I know it's the same for both teams, but it definitely worked as a bit of a leveller here.
Oh I agree, I just meant that I wish there had been some way of dealing with the windblast and horizontal rain that didn't involve pissing around at the back, because that made it much more stressful viewing than it needed to be. No-one's fault, just the way it is. And it showed the defenders in a good light, I guess, so there's that.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #287 on: November 2, 2023, 03:21:07 am »
Not really sure what options there are though when any ball kicked in the air just blows backwards. Every corner was an Olimpico waiting to happen. Such a strange game. Just happy we’re advancing however it happens. Onto Luton!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #288 on: November 2, 2023, 07:08:04 am »
West Ham are a real cup team so it won’t be at all easy to get to the semis.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: November 2, 2023, 07:15:41 am »

Yeah, we're at home and we'll rip them to shreds.
They'll do their defend & counter routine Moyes made his living out of.
It won't help.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: November 2, 2023, 07:48:45 am »
I see the two lower league clubs play each other, so one is guaranteed to make it to the next round. And Everton having their best cup run since Andy Carroll dumped them out the FAC semis.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: November 2, 2023, 08:16:35 am »
2 more Gakpo & Darwin for the front 5.
our attacking depth is amazing

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #292 on: November 2, 2023, 08:59:19 am »
Conditions were mad.
Times we were on top we could have made it count more...and when they built up momentum you could tell a goal was coming..
Nunez's goal was a lethal strike and it was game over.

I think while we need to use full extent of our squad for competitions like this, we are doing that well....not having the first team play that much unless they want to rather than through necessity (though surprised Salah played so much yesterday).

I'm one of those who thinks its important to win as much silverware as possible....breeds that winning habit and experience of winning on big occasions. Important for this "version 2.0"

West Ham next, importantly at home so a good chance to get into semis
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: November 2, 2023, 09:13:30 am »
love that we could scramble the squad with any senior and youth players and still come out on top. did with toulouse and now with bournemouth.

both opposition are of decent quality as well.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: November 2, 2023, 09:15:08 am »

Made one domestic final in over 40 years. A fearsome record.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: November 2, 2023, 09:30:11 am »
Conditions were mad.
Times we were on top we could have made it count more...and when they built up momentum you could tell a goal was coming..

I think while we need to use full extent of our squad for competitions like this, we are doing that well....not having the first team play that much unless they want to rather than through necessity (though surprised Salah played so much yesterday).

I'm one of those who thinks its important to win as much silverware as possible....breeds that winning habit and experience of winning on big occasions. Important for this "version 2.0"

To be fair, Mo is playing less in Europe so far this season than he usually would if we were in the Champions League. I don't have his minutes to hand but would presume he's well down on last season like for like, so no surprise to see him get a little more time than he usually would in this Cup if we need him.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: November 2, 2023, 09:31:49 am »
Keep it going lads as starting to look like we could battle on a few fronts this season. Always love the league cup, milk cup, littlewoods, fill in the sponsor Cup but no better thing to see us winning a trophy in early Spring. Perfect platform to some of our best seasons ever where we won a treble, twice even. Three games from adding another trophy to the cabinet, can't wait.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #297 on: November 2, 2023, 09:37:40 am »
Conditions were mad.

And winning the League Cup would be the first trophy for Nunez, Gakpo, MacAllister, Szobaslai, Quansah and Gravenberch - half of a team!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: November 2, 2023, 10:10:50 am »
Newcastle, West Ham and Chelsea are the 2nd - 4th best teams left in the competition and if we can get past West Ham then two of them will be out and make us very strong favourites.

Only issue is it will be sandwiched between the Man United and Arsenal games. I presume we wont play on the Tuesday 19th though?

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: November 2, 2023, 10:21:07 am »
Only issue is it will be sandwiched between the Man United and Arsenal games. I presume we wont play on the Tuesday 19th though?
I think we'll just treat it like a Champions League week and we're well used to them.  This season is the first in a long time where we've rotated so heavily in European games (except the odd dead rubber like the ill-fated Midtjylland game) but it's not unusual for our senior players to play three big games in 8/9 days.

The line-up to play West Ham will surely have some rotation but I'd expect it will be a bit stronger than the past two rounds.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #300 on: November 2, 2023, 10:25:25 am »
Why are our neighbours initials in this thread title? 🤔

Am I missing something?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #301 on: November 2, 2023, 10:26:48 am »

Am I missing something?

I am guessing it's supposed to be an L rather than a C.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #302 on: November 2, 2023, 10:57:49 am »

Am I missing something?
It’s a forerunner to us facing them in the final, 40 years on from the first all Merseyside final.

In fact I think we’re due another treble
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #303 on: November 2, 2023, 12:16:30 pm »
It’s a forerunner to us facing them in the final, 40 years on from the first all Merseyside final.

In fact I think we’re due another treble

Holy fuck I can remember watching that Milk Cup Final. My dad and his mate went and the rest of our family went to the rest of his mate’s house to watch it. His wife was a Blue and I felt guilty for preferring to eat Everton mints rather than some weird red jelly sweets they’d put out in an attempt to keep all bases happy.

40 years ago!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: November 2, 2023, 12:19:45 pm »
I am guessing it's supposed to be an L rather than a C.  :D
I did wonder. 🤓
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: November 2, 2023, 01:46:36 pm »
Holy fuck I can remember watching that Milk Cup Final. My dad and his mate went and the rest of our family went to the rest of his mate’s house to watch it. His wife was a Blue and I felt guilty for preferring to eat Everton mints rather than some weird red jelly sweets they’d put out in an attempt to keep all bases happy.

40 years ago!
It’s one of my earliest football memories. Might even be the first game I watched live on TV.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #306 on: November 2, 2023, 01:54:49 pm »
And winning the League Cup would be the first trophy for Nunez, Gakpo, MacAllister, Szobaslai, Quansah and Gravenberch - half of a team!

Exactly
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #307 on: November 2, 2023, 02:16:56 pm »
It’s one of my earliest football memories. Might even be the first game I watched live on TV.

Same for me. Can’t recall watching anything before that, any previous cup finals etc but after that I do recall Everton beating Watford and then us v Roma (not the games themselves, more being aware that it was on and I was watching!). No memory of the 84 Euros from that summer - maybe my dad wasn’t allowed to watch!

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #309 on: November 2, 2023, 03:40:33 pm »
I always thought Mo had a big round head, not a small flat one. I'm not so sure it was him, he wasn't very good was he.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #310 on: November 2, 2023, 03:42:06 pm »
I always thought Mo had a big round head, not a small flat one. I'm not so sure it was him, he wasn't very good was he.

Wait till you find out he shaves his chest hair.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: November 2, 2023, 04:17:39 pm »

:D

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #312 on: November 2, 2023, 07:19:09 pm »
I did wonder. 🤓
It's meant to be AFC Bournemouth, I think

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: ELC: Bournemouth 1 vs 2 Liverpool Gakpo 31’ Kluivert 64’ Nunez 70'
« Reply #313 on: November 2, 2023, 07:25:11 pm »
Is it not a bad abbreviation for EFL Cup?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #314 on: November 2, 2023, 08:05:21 pm »
Is it not a bad abbreviation for EFL Cup?
Whatever the fucker is called.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: November 2, 2023, 08:50:55 pm »
Whatever the fucker is called.
Take your pick:

The Milk Cup.
The Littlewoods Challenge Cup.
The Rumbelows Cup.
The Coca Cola Cup.
The Worthington Cup.
The Carling Cup.
The Capital One Cup.
The Caribou Cup.

:rollseyes

I preferred it when it was just The League Cup.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2023, 09:48:13 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rumbelows cup: Bou 1 vs 2 Liv Gakpo 31’ Kluivert 64’ Nunez 70'
« Reply #316 on: November 2, 2023, 09:37:41 pm »
Try typing and posting Cara bao Cup (without a gap) and you’ll find out what iits called :)

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: November 2, 2023, 09:43:49 pm »
Take your pick:

The Milk Cup.
The Littlewoods Challenge Cup.
The Rumbelows Cup.
The Coca Cola Cup.
The Worthington Cup.
The Carling Cup.
The Capital One Cup.
The League Cup.

:rollseyes

I preferred it when it was just The League Cup.

I remember all of them except the Rumbelows one. It sounds like something from The Hobbit.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: November 2, 2023, 09:49:36 pm »
Try typing and posting Cara bao Cup (without a gap) and you’ll find out what iits called :)
I only just noticed after you posted. 😲

I've changed it to the Caribou Cup now. 😁

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: November 2, 2023, 09:51:40 pm »
I only just noticed after you posted. 😲

I've changed it to the Caribou Cup now. 😁
:)

Milk Cup for me anyway