Author Topic: Musicians, songwriters, performers thread  (Read 198 times)

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
Musicians, songwriters, performers thread
« on: September 24, 2023, 12:22:21 am »
Seeing the various threads about music on this sub-board, and Liverpool's rich musical history, I was quite surprised not to find a thread where musicians of all styles, songwriters, and performers in general (from people who can just about play the triangle through to those making a career with it) can talk about projects they have going on, post about upcoming gigs that they have, seek advice and inspiration and so on.

I've been performing on and off and to varying degrees myself since I was about 8 and music in general has been a core part of my life as long as I can remember (although my mum is the real talent in the family - she even used to teach Twiggy's daughter the piano when she lived in London back in the 70s/80s) and as a way to try and improve my mental health I have started song writing again with a view to have fun first and foremost but also to maybe get into the open mic scene a bit and use the power music has to connect people as a way to help centre myself a bit.

So yeah, no wrong answers in here -would be cool even just to see if we can find the RAWKite who plays the most obscure instrument.

Also if anyone tells me 7/8 isn't the best time signature I will kick off