Author Topic: UK General Election - CLACTON  (Read 134700 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: UK General Election - July 4th, here we go folks.
« Reply #2560 on: May 27, 2024, 12:45:03 am »
What a bizarre gimmick from the desperate Tories. This National Service nonsense will never happen. It's just a ridiculous gimmick to pander to the right wing. Fresh after targeting the sick and disabled, they come up with this garbage. Sunak has lost his mind.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2561 on: May 27, 2024, 01:03:53 am »
This is depressing. maybe typical of the life long Tory supporter. she thinks she's clued up but she is totally oblivious to just how much damage the Torys have done to her families life +future, totally oblivious to the damage they have done to the NHS. doctors and care, our schools. all our services. public debt nearly tripled. Tory sleaze and corruption. economy stagnated resulting in low growth.  country torn apart by division.
https://x.com/BladeoftheS/status/1794777644640371053
I feel a bit sorry for her. She's clueless, but has no idea that she is clueless. And then to have it up there for all to see. She's probably not even a bad person. Just very uninformed.

And she is far from alone. There are millions of people like her in the UK.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2562 on: May 27, 2024, 01:31:20 am »
I feel a bit sorry for her. She's clueless, but has no idea that she is clueless. And then to have it up there for all to see. She's probably not even a bad person. Just very uninformed.

She is from Canvey Island. She most likely is a horrible person.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2563 on: May 27, 2024, 07:02:39 am »
National service gimmick is wild, not allowing people who haven’t served to apply for public sector jobs 😁. Actually think the government is being run like an episode of the thick of it. Sunak has been watching Starship Troopers when he came up with this nonsense, just waiting for him to say “Service guarantees you citizenship”

Offline 9 kemlyn road

• Main Stander
« Reply #2564 on: May 27, 2024, 08:16:41 am »
National service gimmick is wild, not allowing people who haven’t served to apply for public sector jobs 😁. Actually think the government is being run like an episode of the thick of it. Sunak has been watching Starship Troopers when he came up with this nonsense, just waiting for him to say “Service guarantees you citizenship”
Don’t think it’s run like an episode of thick of it I think the tories way of thinking is more like the British film industry of the 40s and 50s where the toffs were always in charge and bossed and bullied the working class around ,who were always portrayed as thick ,feckless,workshy or phycophantic kiss arses ,I.e ..very good sir,yes sir,no sir or cor blimey he’s real gent and no mistake ,all said in cockney accents no matter where in Britain said film is set.
What I’m getting at is many of these films were post war crap where the working class knew there place and woe betide them if they didn’t.often set in military situations as in national service situations and the tories today would love us to go back to that era ,in there eyes a golden era ,they could just round young people up and force them into the army against their will .they can’t accept the world is a very different place and to keep going back to ideas from over 70 years ago is so regressive as a country is just stupidity.
We might as well start driving cars from that era too ,they were British back then dontcha know !!

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2565 on: May 27, 2024, 08:30:00 am »
Posted last week after Sunak called the election that he was trolling his party because of ‘no confidence’ letters going in.  Of course that was a bit tongue-in-cheek.  However, every day since then his actions support the ‘trolling’ aspect.  He’s going all ‘scorched earth’ re his party on his way out.  An outgoing PM taking a wrecking ball to his party. Hope he succeeds. 

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #2566 on: May 27, 2024, 08:41:14 am »
Looks like he's trying everything to get the party to ditch him before the election.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2567 on: May 27, 2024, 08:44:27 am »
Don't feel sorry for an old Tory voter, there's zero chance that she isn't a raging dickhead.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2568 on: May 27, 2024, 08:51:03 am »
Don't feel sorry for an old Tory voter, there's zero chance that she isn't a raging dickhead.
Even worse, a working class Tory voter.

I can understand someone with a few Bob to protect or a business with workers to screw over but Mrs Nobody?

Obviously makes her think she is further up the social ladder than she is.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2569 on: May 27, 2024, 08:53:49 am »
Kurnssberg illustrated in that interview what a mess political journalism is in. She pressed Reeves on tax commitments and then she read a text from someone who said they would exchange tax rises for better public services, which led her to question Reeves and ask whats wrong with tax rises?

Its basically nothing about drawing out anything but a gotcha moment to get Reeves to say something positive about a tax rise. Probably was told by Conservative HQ to go on that line.

She should be on GB News, she's as partisan as most on there. Says a lot for the state of the BBC the position she has.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2570 on: May 27, 2024, 09:03:47 am »
She should be on GB News, she's as partisan as most on there. Says a lot for the state of the BBC the position she has.

With the Tories so close to being out the BBC should be using this opportunity to hammer them, now that the threat of the TV license being removed is gone. They're still fully backing the Tories though, which just shows how deep the rot is.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2571 on: May 27, 2024, 09:27:36 am »
Laura Kuenssberg is the worst journalist the BBC have employed in such a senior role. She is a disgrace.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #2572 on: May 27, 2024, 09:39:32 am »
Laura Kuenssberg is the worst journalist the BBC have employed in such a senior role. She is a disgrace.
She'll be great fun on election night though. I'm coming around to the idea of watching the whole thing on BBC.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2573 on: May 27, 2024, 10:02:58 am »

Yep, theirs a noticeable difference when she's off & Victoria Derbyshire stands in for her, Victoria Derbyshire doesn't half lay into the Tories.
#Sausages

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2574 on: May 27, 2024, 10:18:15 am »
She is from Canvey Island. She most likely is a horrible person.

:D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2575 on: May 27, 2024, 10:37:15 am »
Steve Baker NI secretary (sword wielding brexit loon) is covering his arse here. Says this isn’t government policy, it’s only Tory party policy 

https://x.com/stevebakerfrsa/status/1794991408006185258?s=46

don’t like to be pedantic but a Government policy would have been developed by ministers on the advice of officials and collectively agreed. I would have had a say on behalf of NI.

But this proposal was developed by a political adviser or advisers and sprung on candidates, some of whom are relevant ministers.

Nothing to do with me guv!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2576 on: May 27, 2024, 11:21:56 am »
Think we know where Sunak got his National Service idea from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVO85anasrA
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 11:27:15 am by Statto Red »
#Sausages

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2577 on: May 27, 2024, 11:26:35 am »
With the Tories so close to being out the BBC should be using this opportunity to hammer them, now that the threat of the TV license being removed is gone. They're still fully backing the Tories though, which just shows how deep the rot is.

The Tories have spent years infiltrating the Beeb. It will be up to Labour to surgically remove the rot before it can function again as an impartial entity. Until that opportunity arises, the BBC will continue to peddle the Tory Party agenda.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2578 on: May 27, 2024, 11:30:42 am »
Posted last week after Sunak called the election that he was trolling his party because of ‘no confidence’ letters going in.  Of course that was a bit tongue-in-cheek.  However, every day since then his actions support the ‘trolling’ aspect.  He’s going all ‘scorched earth’ re his party on his way out.  An outgoing PM taking a wrecking ball to his party. Hope he succeeds.

I'm inclined to agree and said as much myself the other day.

It's a tough one to call. It might be a case that Sunak is facing unwinnable wars on two fronts, so he's just focussing on combating the threat from Deform UK. Cameron held the party together by promising the Brexit referendum; Bozo united them under "Get Brexit Done". Fishy-Rishi doesn't have either of those cards to play.

I don't know if he wants to go down in history as the man who effectively destroyed the Tories; but then again, most of this lot don't seem to care how history will judge them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2579 on: May 27, 2024, 11:31:41 am »

2019 v 2024 latest prediction

Conservative  110 seats - down 262 seats
Liberal Democrats 44 seats - up 36 seats
SNP 12 seats - down 36 seats
Labour 460 seats -up 260 seats
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2580 on: May 27, 2024, 11:46:52 am »
Arf the Tories still have to select 160 candidates & have only 12 days to do it. ;D
#Sausages

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2581 on: May 27, 2024, 11:57:59 am »
Arf the Tories still have to select 160 candidates & have only 12 days to do it. ;D

Yep there is a bit of a panic and its not even certain that more people wont stand down.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #2582 on: May 27, 2024, 12:00:53 pm »

2019 v 2024 latest prediction

Conservative  110 seats - down 262 seats
Liberal Democrats 44 seats - up 36 seats
SNP 12 seats - down 36 seats
Labour 460 seats -up 260 seats

What is it about North Yorkshire? Perhaps a Huddersfield-born poster can enlighten us why a northern county is historically so dyed-in-the-wool Tory?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2583 on: May 27, 2024, 12:05:47 pm »
What is it about North Yorkshire? Perhaps a Huddersfield-born poster can enlighten us why a northern county is historically so dyed-in-the-wool Tory?

Financial prudence?

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2584 on: May 27, 2024, 12:08:03 pm »

Maybe they’ll conscript a load more school leavers

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2585 on: May 27, 2024, 12:10:35 pm »

I had hoped those millions would have been paying some attention to what the Torys have done over the last few years at least. that's what's so disappointing, the Torys have made everything worse for her and her family, the corruption and sleaze alone should change the way they view them, the Tory propaganda should have insulted her intelligence yet she thinks they are good for the country.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 12:12:31 pm by oldfordie »
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Online koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #2586 on: May 27, 2024, 12:13:56 pm »
Huddersfield is nowhere near North Yorkshire. West Yorkshire is a very labour area.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2587 on: May 27, 2024, 12:22:33 pm »

Yep there is a bit of a panic and its not even certain that more people wont stand down.

So the Tories might not even be able to contest every seat. :lmao

How many Tory constituency parties might potentially select a wrong-un as a candidate in their rush to get someone - then have all their twitter shit come out during the campaign when it's too late to do anything about it, like with Labour in the by-election?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2588 on: May 27, 2024, 12:24:07 pm »

North Yorks is rural. Apart from York (which is a Labour seat) it’s largely agricultural and affluent. No idea why farmers vote for this lot though. Tories have never done anything for them and Brexit has destroyed family farms.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2589 on: May 27, 2024, 12:33:19 pm »
North Yorks is rural. Apart from York (which is a Labour seat) it’s largely agricultural and affluent. No idea why farmers vote for this lot though. Tories have never done anything for them and Brexit has destroyed family farms.

It's not only rural. It's largely sheep farming. That makes it completely unlike, say, Norfolk whose agricultural areas were arable and labour intensive and where trade unionism took root among rural workers. Outside Middlesbrough and York and pockets in Cleveland (where there was iron mining) the Labour Party had zero presence in the North Riding.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #2590 on: May 27, 2024, 12:33:41 pm »
Huddersfield is nowhere near North Yorkshire. West Yorkshire is a very labour area.

I know that. But given our resident historian’s knowledge of the county, he, if anyone can, would likely know.

Edit* as I thought.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2591 on: May 27, 2024, 12:41:16 pm »
I know that. But given our resident historian’s knowledge of the county, he, if anyone can, would likely know.

Edit* as I thought.

Yeah, the dirty truth is that for us Yorkshire folk from the industrial areas, we have a lot more in common with the heathen settlements like Blackburn and Oldham on the western side of the Pennines than we do our fellow White Rose brothers and sisters in places like Richmond and Harrogate.

But it will be interesting to see how much Sunak's majority is whittled away at this election. I'll make a prediction now. He'll get back, of course, but his seat will be one of the first by-elections in the new parliament.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2592 on: May 27, 2024, 12:50:51 pm »
They've pretty much always been Tory since before WW1.

Richmond (Sunak's constituency) has been Tory since 1910. It's unlikely Lab will gain, 2024 prediction is Tory 38%, Lab 32%.
Thirsk and Malton has been Tory since 1886 bar 1 year, a by-election in 1986. 2024 prediction Tory 35% Lab 32%
Skipton and Ripon has been Tory pretty much bar 2 years, again in by-elections been Tory since 1910. 2024 prediction Lab 35% Tory 30%.

(I know some constituencies over-lap between N Yorks and W Yorks)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 12:52:42 pm by cornishscouser92 »

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2593 on: May 27, 2024, 12:56:23 pm »
There's a Redfield and Wilton poll at 5PM today, it had Lab lead at 22% last Monday. It will be interesting to see if the National Service announcement is shown in the polling, might be a few days too early. Perhaps the chaotic announcement and Tory MP's standing down will show up in the polling.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2594 on: May 27, 2024, 12:58:39 pm »
Just seen the fuckign pathetic doll things that are being sold to have a go at Starmer with the tagline 'If you love Corbyn then you'll love this'

Pathetic fucking c*nts. Get a fucking life you inbred fucking wankers.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2595 on: May 27, 2024, 01:00:08 pm »

Election Maps UK
@ElectionMapsUK
Scottish Westminster Voting Intention:

LAB: 35% (+16)
SNP: 30% (-15)
CON: 17% (-8)
LDM: 10% (=)
RFM: 4% (+4)
GRN: 3% (+2)

Via
@Moreincommon_, 22-25 May.

Not sure I believe this one but imagine if it was true.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2596 on: May 27, 2024, 01:02:41 pm »

But it will be interesting to see how much Sunak's majority is whittled away at this election. I'll make a prediction now. He'll get back, of course, but his seat will be one of the first by-elections in the new parliament.

Yeah, lose the election, Sunak will be off to California at the first opportunity he gets [most likely 6th July], & his constituency will be the first bye-election of the new parliament.
#Sausages

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2597 on: May 27, 2024, 01:11:26 pm »
Election Maps UK
@ElectionMapsUK

Via

It's broadly in line with other polls, in fact showing a smaller lead than some, so I'd say it was believable.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2598 on: May 27, 2024, 01:23:58 pm »
Just seen the fuckign pathetic doll things that are being sold to have a go at Starmer with the tagline 'If you love Corbyn then you'll love this'

Pathetic fucking c*nts. Get a fucking life you inbred fucking wankers.

Why are all your posts about Corbyn, in this thread.  You have a very unhealthy obsession.  Compare and contrast, with most other posts, in here.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2599 on: May 27, 2024, 01:25:32 pm »
Election Maps UK
@ElectionMapsUK

Via

The SNP and Tory implosions, have been a perfect storm, for Labour.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 01:27:51 pm by Red-Soldier »