Author Topic: UK General Election - CLACTON  (Read 130457 times)

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: UK General Election - July 4th, here we go folks.
« Reply #2160 on: May 23, 2024, 08:27:58 pm »
Remember that they still got 165 seats in 1997.  Cockroaches are indestructible
Great days but I never thought the public attitude towards politics would change that much long term. we still heard the same old Bulls,, attacks thrown at Labour, it seems different now, the Torys usual scare tactic to try and scare people into not voting Labour are recognised by most people now, am convinced those scare tactics cost labour the 92 election, I remember having a big argument with someone who had just bought his council house under the right to buy shitting himself because the Torys told him millions will be evicted if Labour win as mortgage rates will shoot through the roof, the Torys will try it of course, but I think most voters know what they are doing now, the reactions more likely to be laughter or sighs, either way the scare tactic days are going to be a lot harder for the Torys from now on. as someone said on here, the Torys have annihilated the younger generation, many of these younger people will refuse to vote Tory for the
 rest of their lives for the same reasons we do. am sure that applys to many older people as well. they know what the Torys are all about now and don't believe a word they tell them.
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2161 on: May 23, 2024, 08:34:39 pm »
Already bored of the vox pops and people panel. 6 weeks of that shite.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2162 on: May 23, 2024, 08:38:37 pm »
Already bored of the vox pops and people panel. 6 weeks of that shite.

It’s unwatchable. Campaign events consisting of the same stump speech made to 30 party supporters holding placards carefully positioned to lend the impression its a big crowd.

In modern politics no one wants an unplanned conversation with a member of the public.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2163 on: May 23, 2024, 08:41:14 pm »
It’s unwatchable. Campaign events consisting of the same stump speech made to 30 party supporters holding placards carefully positioned to lend the impression its a big crowd.

In modern politics no one wants an unplanned conversation with a member of the public.

Not sure I want to hear some c*nt say stuff like “i dont have faith in any of them”, “i dont know who to vote for” again and again. Nobody cares.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: May 23, 2024, 08:48:03 pm »
Great days but I never thought the public attitude towards politics would change that much long term. we still heard the same old Bulls,, attacks thrown at Labour, it seems different now, the Torys usual scare tactic to try and scare people into not voting Labour are recognised by most people now, am convinced those scare tactics cost labour the 92 election, I remember having a big argument with someone who had just bought his council house under the right to buy shitting himself because the Torys told him millions will be evicted if Labour win as mortgage rates will shoot through the roof, the Torys will try it of course, but I think most voters know what they are doing now, the reactions more likely to be laughter or sighs, either way the scare tactic days are going to be a lot harder for the Torys from now on. as someone said on here, the Torys have annihilated the younger generation, many of these younger people will refuse to vote Tory for the
 rest of their lives for the same reasons we do. am sure that applys to many older people as well. they know what the Torys are all about now and don't believe a word they tell them.

I wouldn't be so sure, I've just caught a clip on BBC NW News and they walked around fucking Leigh and interviewed a few of the 'local electorate'.
 :duh

At the last election, James Grundy became the first ever Conservative MP for the town and the debate was very much whether they would get back in again. The responses were very uncertain and I didn't see a single one of them that 'knew what they were doing'. As we saw with the Brexit vote, never underestimate the stupidity of the British electorate.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2165 on: May 23, 2024, 09:03:20 pm »

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #2166 on: May 23, 2024, 09:08:52 pm »
I don't think you need to imagine it he's proven he's far out of his depth already with the election announcement, shoving a Sky news reporter out of the launch event and asking people in Wales if they were looking forward to "all the football"

Oh I also forgot to add he attended an event where they got two Tory councillors to dress up in high vis and pretend they were normal people to ask him very carefully selected questions that wouldn't be too difficult for him.

Then there's this:

How can you look so desperately shit looking at a loaf of bread? I genuinely feel like we're in a live episode of The Thick of It.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #2168 on: May 23, 2024, 09:11:25 pm »

Sunak's advisors to him: "Well, at least desperate, weak and rubbish weren't in the largest font size"....

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #2169 on: May 23, 2024, 09:12:41 pm »
Oh and to further add to things they've restored the whip to Matt Hancock and Bob Stewart, who surrendered the whip after being convicted of racial abuse last year.

Its like they're actively trying to lose as many seats as possible.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2170 on: May 23, 2024, 09:20:35 pm »

Boring and weak, are quite high, for both.

You can add rubbish to that list, too.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 09:51:06 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2171 on: May 23, 2024, 09:34:54 pm »
I wouldn't be so sure, I've just caught a clip on BBC NW News and they walked around fucking Leigh and interviewed a few of the 'local electorate'.
 :duh

At the last election, James Grundy became the first ever Conservative MP for the town and the debate was very much whether they would get back in again. The responses were very uncertain and I didn't see a single one of them that 'knew what they were doing'. As we saw with the Brexit vote, never underestimate the stupidity of the British electorate.
Oh deffo. I think Brexit taught us a lot, it showed the gullible come in regional pockets. it's shocking how people still say things many of us would of found embarrassing years ago. yet they seem oblivious to the change and how they are coming across as gullible idiots.

I don't think this is the general view though now, the Torys today have been a education for the people of this country. the Torys have had nowhere to hide, they've found it impossible to deflect the spotlight on to Labour, they've met a torrent of attacks every time they've tried it, many have even stopped listening to them for these reasons.
It will be impossible to educate the likes of Leigh if they don't even follow politics that much or if they have some weird views on politics itself. it's typical of British politics for decades, am hoping we have finally moved on now.

@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2172 on: May 23, 2024, 09:38:27 pm »
Awful performance from Bridget Phillipson on Question Time tonight. When the main line of attack from the Tories is that your party has 'no plan' you probably shouldn't play into that by giving vague and evasive politician's answers to every question.

The Tory was predictably terrible, acting like his party hasn't been in power for the last 14 years. Daisy Cooper from the Lib Dems was the best of a bad bunch but it's much easier to give good answers when you know you won't have to implement them.

This is going to be a long and tedious six weeks.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: May 23, 2024, 09:42:52 pm »
Awful performance from Bridget Phillipson on Question Time tonight. When the main line of attack from the Tories is that your party has 'no plan' you probably shouldn't play into that by giving vague and evasive politician's answers to every question.

The Tory was predictably terrible, acting like his party hasn't been in power for the last 14 years. Daisy Cooper from the Lib Dems was the best of a bad bunch but it's much easier to give good answers when you know you won't have to implement them.

Phillipson is crap. She also unfortunately has been very, very light on detail, with the best thing she promised which is a review into early years and childcare. Love that, ask a politician what they would do and they say we will do a review.

Hopefully she has some proper policies ready to go in the manifesto. Interesting how she hasnt fronted the teachers policy.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2174 on: May 23, 2024, 09:48:03 pm »

They’ve literally given up. 

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #2175 on: May 23, 2024, 09:54:21 pm »
Oh deffo. I think Brexit taught us a lot, it showed the gullible come in regional pockets. it's shocking how people still say things many of us would of found embarrassing years ago. yet they seem oblivious to the change and how they are coming across as gullible idiots.

I don't think this is the general view though now, the Torys today have been a education for the people of this country. the Torys have had nowhere to hide, they've found it impossible to deflect the spotlight on to Labour, they've met a torrent of attacks every time they've tried it, many have even stopped listening to them for these reasons.
It will be impossible to educate the likes of Leigh if they don't even follow politics that much or if they have some weird views on politics itself. it's typical of British politics for decades, am hoping we have finally moved on now.

I hope labour can win more than one term but the tories will always come back, this country is conservative by nature.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2176 on: May 23, 2024, 10:00:45 pm »
I hope labour can win more than one term but the tories will always come back, this country is conservative by nature.

I was thinking that maybe we're the opposite, we always feel the incumbent aren't good enough and want change (and rightly so now).
What the Tories seem better at is clinging on for a term or so longer than Labour.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2177 on: May 23, 2024, 10:10:35 pm »
I know! It's almost like I have no legal recourse!

You are decades out of date. I don't think radio has needed a licence for donkey's years. ;D
Hey. At least I did not refer to to it as 'a wireless'. ;D
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2178 on: May 23, 2024, 10:13:59 pm »
I've been saying for a while that I was looking forward to seeing Sunak on the campaign trail, and so far he has not disappointed.

Barely 24 hours in and he's had half a dozen bacon sandwich moments already.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2179 on: May 23, 2024, 10:17:00 pm »

She is always poor on tv.  Much as he triggers some on here, stick Streeting on every week.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #2180 on: May 23, 2024, 10:29:22 pm »

"You mean you make it here, by hand? Have you thought about just flying a baguette or boule in, direct from France by helicopter, whenever you want some?"

The woman on the right really seems to be over this photo op and just wants to be about her day!
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2181 on: May 23, 2024, 10:33:02 pm »
First @techneUK poll of the election

Labour  45%
Tory        19%
Reform  14%
LD            12%
Green     5%

First time the Tories have been under 20% with Techne
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2182 on: May 23, 2024, 10:36:33 pm »
What could be underpriced is the polls widening during the campaign. Starmer’s ratings although poor are slightly favourable, but no one really has made their mind up about him. He gets a lot of meh responses, if he has a good campaign, it could put Labour up more - given Sunak is dreadful in any situation with actual people.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2183 on: May 23, 2024, 10:38:38 pm »
I understand what you mean but the country leans to the right rather than being Conservative by nature. the majority don't naturally vote Tory, we all hold different views on different issues, some people can be to the left on social issues but lean to the right on defence, immigration and crime etc.  the Torys have manged to dictate all the past election issues and they've come out wining, Rees-Moggs doing it now, trying to suck people into arguments away from the NHS, Services, Poverty and water etc, he's hoping he can make us all angry over freedom of the individual, probably banging on about Woke I imagine , it's straight out of the Tory book politics handbook. get people angry on issues they think they can win elections on, some of those issues are seen as right wing but at the end of the day it's just the Torys being allowed to dictate what the election is fought over while other more important issues what could be seen as left wing take a back seat. it cost Labour big time at the last election. Labour never seen it coming till it was too late.

I think this one of things we really have to be prepared for, the Torys will try to wind people up on issues that have nothing to do with the their record in office, they will be over the moon if they can get people arguing about any of these issues, they will probably hammer the issue that seems to having the biggest impact,  it will mean people aren't talking about how awful a government they've been, best thing to do is to just cut them short and tell them to piss off, your not interested, get back to talking about the NHS etc.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 10:42:10 pm by oldfordie »
@David__Osland

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #2184 on: May 23, 2024, 10:51:30 pm »
I've been saying for a while that I was looking forward to seeing Sunak on the campaign trail, and so far he has not disappointed.

Barely 24 hours in and he's had half a dozen bacon sandwich moments already.

Correct me with I'm wrong but so far he's:

Called an Election with New Labour's 1997 anthem being blasted over whilst getting soaked to the bone in the rain and pissing off half his party
Kicked a Sky News reporter put his launch event
Has surprised his HQ team so much that they're scrambling around for candidates for nearly 100 seats and have given a 48 hour deadline
Asked Welsh people if they're looking forward to watching a football competition they've not qualified for
Had Tory councillors ask him easy questions disguised as the general public at an event
Looks at bread like it's an alien been dropped in his hand
Is refusing to pay out on the £1k charity bet he made with Piers Moron about Rwamda flights getting off the ground before the election

Feel free to add anything else but even the most optimistic Tory would struggle to say it's been anything but disastrous so far!

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2185 on: May 23, 2024, 10:56:36 pm »
@oldfordie. Immigration would be an issue they use to get us wound up on. But they are demonstrably poor at reducing it and would leak votes to deform if they made it front and centre.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2186 on: May 23, 2024, 10:59:06 pm »
All this talk of plans, I wish someone would tell Sunak just because you apparently have a plan doesn’t mean it’s a good one, and based on the last 14 years it’s going to be a shit plan.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2187 on: May 23, 2024, 11:16:13 pm »
@oldfordie. Immigration would be an issue they use to get us wound up on. But they are demonstrably poor at reducing it and would leak votes to deform if they made it front and centre.
I agree Paul and it's important people don't forget it. am only thinking of what experts tell us about the future, Climate change will bring mass migration. imagine most will be heading to Europe. +Wars. I don't know how bad it will be in 2030-35, anyway as long as Labour  tear up the absurd Tory policys and set up a fair system then a lot of these problems will handle themselves.
@David__Osland

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2188 on: May 23, 2024, 11:29:53 pm »

Which Tory? There’s only 4 people on the panel and one of them is a Tory MP and one a Tory journalist.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: May 23, 2024, 11:32:29 pm »
What we need is to turn tactical voting into a game to beat the system. Like when the Great British Public en masse decided that they were going to get Rage Against the Machine to be the Christmas #1 rather than the X Factor winner, or voted for 'Boaty McBoatface' as the name for a ship.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2190 on: May 23, 2024, 11:54:05 pm »
Which Tory? There’s only 4 people on the panel and one of them is a Tory MP and one a Tory journalist.

I meant the Tory MP, don't recall his name. Think he was a Defra minister?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Anthony

• Snot a Sailing Specialist. Has not signed for Manchester United. Misses Santa's knee!!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We don't need anyone to tell us this was golden...
« Reply #2191 on: May 24, 2024, 01:04:03 am »
All this talk of plans, I wish someone would tell Sunak just because you apparently have a plan doesn’t mean it’s a good one, and based on the last 14 years it’s going to be a shit plan.

Who the fuck is Baldrick??
"We will win the European Cup one day. Aim for the moon and end up among the stars" - Gérard Houllier 2001

Thankyou Rafa and Jürgen  for taking us to Heaven!

"Hicks could have purchased Dallas' MLS franchise but decided not to. 'In hindsight, I probably made the wrong decision' he said" - Sports Illustrated/AP 2007

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2192 on: May 24, 2024, 01:06:51 am »
Sunak's advisors to him: "Well, at least desperate, weak and rubbish weren't in the largest font size"....

How was "Honest" so fucking prominent?? "We're taking the lost, sad puppy eyes look and going to run with it"
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #2193 on: May 24, 2024, 01:30:50 am »
I honestly can't fathom how stupid folks out there must be to vote Tory after this 14 years? Braindead comes to mind.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2194 on: May 24, 2024, 02:07:50 am »
All started with Boris, apparently Labour have had no plans on anything for nearly 5 yrs. does that even make sense, people believed it as well. I think Labour MPs may have to walk around with a print out of Labours plans from now and pull them out and wave them every time Sunak + co try to attack them for having no plan. take the piss on how absurd his argument is.
Lets discuss the impact of the Tory plans that have made things far worse, discuss the lack of plans that allowed things to get worse.

@David__Osland

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2195 on: May 24, 2024, 03:26:45 am »

I can't see c*nt in blue anywhere 🤔

Online mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2196 on: May 24, 2024, 05:52:47 am »
I can't see c*nt in blue anywhere 🤔

Rat is in there though, which made me laugh more than it should have  ;D

Offline Redbonnie

• Kopite
« Reply #2197 on: May 24, 2024, 05:58:50 am »
It’s almost certainly irrelevant as Labour would win my seat with ease, barring disaster.

I’d vote Green really, not because of belief in for them but dislike of this Labour. Labour, if I absolutely had to, if it was desperately tight maybe.

I have vulnerable relatives, I’m no fan of the Tories and don’t want them to win and fuck the country some more. But I’m not pretending I think this iteration of Labour is good. Sorry.

We live in a right wing country. I sit by the away and you see it with all the London clubs excluding arsenal and Tottenham. You can only do what the public allow you to do and only another attritional war would see a left of Starmer party voted in. We need this lot out and this guy has done a fantastically ruthless job at keeping the unelectables out of the limelight. More power to him he is an extremely effective politician within his own party. This bodes well for undoing the damage these vandals have wreaked on us.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 06:02:02 am by Redbonnie »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2198 on: May 24, 2024, 06:20:19 am »
Correct me with I'm wrong but so far he's:

Called an Election with New Labour's 1997 anthem being blasted over whilst getting soaked to the bone in the rain and pissing off half his party
Kicked a Sky News reporter put his launch event
Has surprised his HQ team so much that they're scrambling around for candidates for nearly 100 seats and have given a 48 hour deadline
Asked Welsh people if they're looking forward to watching a football competition they've not qualified for
Had Tory councillors ask him easy questions disguised as the general public at an event
Looks at bread like it's an alien been dropped in his hand
Is refusing to pay out on the £1k charity bet he made with Piers Moron about Rwamda flights getting off the ground before the election

Feel free to add anything else but even the most optimistic Tory would struggle to say it's been anything but disastrous so far!
Don't forget the mad scramble by his own party to get rid of him ;D

A truly wonderful first day. 6 more weeks of this kind of thing to go! The best thing is they've decided to make it a presidential campaign so we're going to see him front and centre all the way through.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #2199 on: May 24, 2024, 07:32:01 am »
https://x.com/jimrobottom/status/1793727207732613549?t=4v-0Zw4ZDwT1koPZXJUbaA&s=19

Lovely story about Starmer, not so much of a c*nt really is he?