Author Topic: Stupid Shit Your Kids Have Done and What Did you do  (Read 1489 times)

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Stupid Shit Your Kids Have Done and What Did you do
« on: September 14, 2023, 10:20:12 pm »
Great other thread from Terry.

Pretty sure everyone has some great stories they did as kids. I want to hear now that a lot of us are older and have teenage boys and girls of your own and what they did and how you reacted.

I have a daughter and step daughter who are both really sane but my 13 year old step son has made at least one mental decision.

I coach his school soccer team and we had an away game. The girls play first so its a lot of hanging around for the boys. We sit on this big concrete bleachers (seats) just like you see in the american high school type movies which slope down quite a steep hill next to the field. I see him and a crew of about 3 other kids goofing around out of the corner of my eye at the end of the seats. Didn't pay too much attention, then turn my head and see what they are doing. Two of them are picking up stones and throwing them up and over the top of the hill. I went balistic. The fall of shot so to speak that they couldnt see as it was just over the crest of the hill was right in the path of a road that streams of parents were driving their private cars down to pick up other kids from after school activities or watch their kids play soccer or baseball that was on that day. Also kids were walking from the school to the field right in the area these stones would have been landing in.

Just yelled at them on full volume for about three minutes then decided to pack it in at that point. Told my wife, his mother, afterwards and we didn't do anything else about it. He could easily have slammed a stone into a car window or worse hit some poor young kid in the head. Idiots.

Online Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Stupid Shit Your Kids Have Done and What Did you do
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 11:21:21 pm »
My son used to surf, I would drive him to surfers paradise early on a Sunday morning, drop him off at the beach and leave him there with his mates until later in the day.
Little did I know that they would all walk down the beach and paddle over the spit bar to get to the better surf on Stradbroke island. The spit bar is a very busy channel for boats to get out to sea and the boats have to dodge the surfers as they cross.
I showed him pictures of how people looked after propeller strikes.
This is the Southport spit bar where he used to cross.