Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 669482 times)

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #7760 on: February 13, 2024, 09:52:53 am »
You can’t blame the pundits for getting excited at the moment.  United are playing some great stuff with Ten Hag looking supremely confident in his elite tactics and his players he signed all coming good and proving their value. He was always going to get it right and the express train is now on track and has left the station. Expect United to win a few trophies from here on in. Next step, build the Wembley of the North. Good times indeed. 😁

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7761 on: February 13, 2024, 10:03:57 am »
Manc I know just told me that according to Goldbridge Real Madrid are sniffing around Poundland Garnacho and Seedorfs 2nd coming  thats how good they are :lmao :lmao :lmao

That's a sure sign of a fans desperation to be admired.  Boasting about another club hankering after one your young players as proof they're decent 😂😂😂😂

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #7762 on: February 13, 2024, 10:06:36 am »
Manc I know just told me that according to Goldbridge Real Madrid are sniffing around Poundland Garnacho and Seedorfs 2nd coming  thats how good they are :lmao :lmao :lmao

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if they are. A 19 year old South American player playing week in week out will always attract attention from Spain.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7763 on: February 13, 2024, 10:15:29 am »
im not too unhappy with them improvinga bit
Need Ten Haag there as long as possible.
They will probably start to recruit better players though it just cant get worse

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7764 on: February 13, 2024, 01:15:08 pm »
https://www.foodserviceequipmentjournal.com/manchester-united-comes-bottom-of-table-for-food-hygiene-scores/?utm_medium=email

Not doing so well here though. The only table that matters (on a quiet Tuesday afternoon)

Offline Vegeta

• Is definitely a vegetable. All posts stink like sprouts.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7765 on: February 14, 2024, 03:15:25 pm »
United vs Top 6 - An Injury/Availability Analysis - Why I'm happy with 6th (So far...)

This thread on Redcafe is hilarious apparently ten Haag is doing a fantastic job now  :o
150 IQ never wrong.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7766 on: February 14, 2024, 04:26:52 pm »
United vs Top 6 - An Injury/Availability Analysis - Why I'm happy with 6th (So far...)

This thread on Redcafe is hilarious apparently ten Haag is doing a fantastic job now  :o
Their first team blew a 2-0 lead against Newport. They are deluded if they think injuries are their problem.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7767 on: February 14, 2024, 05:24:06 pm »
Trying to temp Dan Ashworth as Director of Football. The man who appointed Sam Allardyce for England manager.

Be. My. Guest.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7768 on: February 14, 2024, 08:46:29 pm »
https://www.foodserviceequipmentjournal.com/manchester-united-comes-bottom-of-table-for-food-hygiene-scores/?utm_medium=email

Not doing so well here though. The only table that matters (on a quiet Tuesday afternoon)
No surprise they have a rat infestation issue.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #7769 on: February 14, 2024, 08:52:15 pm »
Trying to temp Dan Ashworth as Director of Football. The man who appointed Sam Allardyce for England manager.

Be. My. Guest.
Always thought he was one of the absolute best at failing upwards in the modern game. Bloom’s system was king at Brighton and I can’t really pick up on anything notable he’s done with England other than offer under-qualified charlatans the role and extending their contracts after badly misusing the best collection of attacking talent the nation has had in 2 decades.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7770 on: February 14, 2024, 09:40:55 pm »

Be. My. Guest.

So he appointed a manager who went on to achieve a 100% win record?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7771 on: February 14, 2024, 10:24:43 pm »
Fingers crossed that Ashworth leaving further destabilises Newcastle - don't want Man Utd to get their act together, but equally enjoy anything that causes difficulties for the sportswashers. Hopefully Newcastle follow Al-Ettifaq's lead and hand Howe a nice fat contract extension to counteract the optics of key men elsewhere jumping ship.

It'll be interesting to see if Ineos have the transformative effect all the Utd fans seem to be expecting. Some philosophies or approaches from other sports have been successfully transposed onto football, but Ineos don't seem to have revolutionised Nice so far, and how many jumped-up billionaires or businessmen have arrogantly thought they could crack the football code only to spectacularly faceplant (ahem, Boehly, ahem)?

I do think Utd's sense of self-importance may continue to be the biggest obstacle for them. In the absence of a once-in-a-generation manager like Klopp who can elevate all their players, their best bet is probably to follow a 'Brighton+' approach and make the manager subservient to a clear philosophy and approach with players. But would their fans have the patience to see it through, and would they become restless without the annual excitement of splashing huge money on the latest hyped up wonderkid or ageing superstar?

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #7772 on: February 15, 2024, 08:28:08 am »
Fingers crossed that Ashworth leaving further destabilises Newcastle - don't want Man Utd to get their act together, but equally enjoy anything that causes difficulties for the sportswashers. Hopefully Newcastle follow Al-Ettifaq's lead and hand Howe a nice fat contract extension to counteract the optics of key men elsewhere jumping ship.

It'll be interesting to see if Ineos have the transformative effect all the Utd fans seem to be expecting. Some philosophies or approaches from other sports have been successfully transposed onto football, but Ineos don't seem to have revolutionised Nice so far, and how many jumped-up billionaires or businessmen have arrogantly thought they could crack the football code only to spectacularly faceplant (ahem, Boehly, ahem)?

I do think Utd's sense of self-importance may continue to be the biggest obstacle for them. In the absence of a once-in-a-generation manager like Klopp who can elevate all their players, their best bet is probably to follow a 'Brighton+' approach and make the manager subservient to a clear philosophy and approach with players. But would their fans have the patience to see it through, and would they become restless without the annual excitement of splashing huge money on the latest hyped up wonderkid or ageing superstar?

As a United fan of over 72 years, it's my view that Ineos investing will bring some bloody professional insight, reality and serious evaluation to the nonsense splurges we've wasted money on. That clown Antony - warra piss-take THAT shite signing was!! Not a fan of Ten Hag at all - shocking communicator in OUR language for a Dutchman. I've worked some years in Vlaanderen in North Belgium where Dutch is the local lingua franca and honest to God, every fella and his brother in the shops spoke better English than he can manage. In my book, he's certainly on borrowed time.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7773 on: February 15, 2024, 11:39:48 am »
Always thought he was one of the absolute best at failing upwards in the modern game. Bloom’s system was king at Brighton and I can’t really pick up on anything notable he’s done with England other than offer under-qualified charlatans the role and extending their contracts after badly misusing the best collection of attacking talent the nation has had in 2 decades.
He's got incredible PR and journalist contacts. This Winter tweet (it's long) is just unbelievable

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1758092699117236569?t=30vVuRKlVICZ8g8--peRNQ&s=19
Final, final point, Ashworth's always admired Gary Neville as player and thinker about the game.
Oh dear

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7774 on: February 15, 2024, 11:53:37 am »
He's got incredible PR and journalist contacts. This Winter tweet (it's long) is just unbelievable

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1758092699117236569?t=30vVuRKlVICZ8g8--peRNQ&s=19Oh dear
That final, final point is hilarious.  It's the journalistic equivalent of Rick-rolling, making us all read the world's longest tweet before the punchline that the guy's an imbecile.

England have produced a generation of really talented ball-players but I suspect the England DNA thing is largely coincidental.  The (Premier League) Elite Player Performance Plan that came in during 2012 likely had a far bigger impact.  It's effectively killed off academies at lower league clubs but has fast-tracked loads of promising kids into the mega-academies.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7775 on: February 15, 2024, 12:12:03 pm »
Most expensive squad ever in 2023 acording to this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68274866

Although Chelseas isnt up to date apparently. Either way, fuck me they have bought so much shit.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #7776 on: February 15, 2024, 12:14:57 pm »

Be. My. Guest.

Haven't seen an interview with him so no idea how bright/good he is.... but hasn't Newcastle's recruitment been largely good since the takeover?

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #7777 on: February 15, 2024, 12:20:05 pm »
Haven't seen an interview with him so no idea how bright/good he is.... but hasn't Newcastle's recruitment been largely good since the takeover?

It has, maybe a bit more homework on the Italian fella but besides that it's been fine.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7778 on: February 15, 2024, 12:28:33 pm »
Mixed bag.  He wasn't there when they splurged on Guimaraes, Wood and Trippier.  Two of those have done well for them and the other kneecapped one of their, at the time, relegation rivals.

Nick Pope was a very good signing but again just preying on Burnley.  The rest have been £30m+ signings that have pretty much done about as well as you'd expect given the size of transfer fees and the reputations they arrived with (Isak, Gordon, Botman, Livramento).  The jury is out on Harvey Barnes and Lewis Hall.  They seemingly didn't do due diligence on Tonali but not sure if that's on Ashworth.

Howe's success last season seemed as much down to getting a tune out of players like Joelinton, Almiron and Wilson as it was about the new signings.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7779 on: February 15, 2024, 12:33:12 pm »
Barnes has been injured most of the season to be fair to him. But think he and Gordon play the same position so always felt a slightly strange signing.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7780 on: February 15, 2024, 01:13:17 pm »

Tonali was an excellent signing tbf

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7781 on: February 15, 2024, 01:47:26 pm »
Weren’t there a few rumours that INEOS wanted to focus on a a British core, which would make sense with Ashworth. Reckon they just got to buying mid-tier British players and supplementing with odd signings elsewhere.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7782 on: February 15, 2024, 01:55:08 pm »
No surprise they have a rat infestation issue.

:thumbup :wellin

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7783 on: February 15, 2024, 01:55:17 pm »

https://twitter.com/henrywinter/status/1758092699117236569?t=30vVuRKlVICZ8g8--peRNQ&s=19Oh dear

Oh dear, admiring Gary Neville as thinker about the game. What a catch for Man Utd.
Fantasy abandoned by reason produces impossible monsters: united with her [reason], she [fantasy] is the mother of the arts and the origin of their marvels.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7784 on: February 15, 2024, 01:57:41 pm »
Weren’t there a few rumours that INEOS wanted to focus on a a British core, which would make sense with Ashworth. Reckon they just got to buying mid-tier British players and supplementing with odd signings elsewhere.

Well that’s fine. The best English players are the ones that are unattainable for them one way or another (Bellingham, Foden, Trent etc).

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7785 on: February 15, 2024, 02:47:26 pm »
Just me that doesn’t think Ashworth is a particularly amazing appointment?

Newcastles work in the market has hardly been anything special IMO

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #7786 on: February 15, 2024, 02:58:18 pm »
The press are so, so desperate for this lot to be 'back' it's actually vomit inducing.  Winter has always been a c*nt like.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #7787 on: February 15, 2024, 02:58:59 pm »
Tonali was an excellent signing tbf

Is that sarcasm....? He wasn't particularly great in the short time he was available, was he?

Their summer activity to me was a bit meh. Considering they were back in the CL they signed him, and then a couple of not particularly outstanding relegated players, for £150 million. Definitely not signings that were ever going to push them on and so we've seen, just barely in the top half of the table. Considering he's got last season and this season under his belt I'm not sure there's a single signing that you'd particularly pick out as being a really good one, which isn't great considering they've spent £350 million odd in that time.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7788 on: February 15, 2024, 03:41:19 pm »
Redcafe is talking about being "happy with 6th" because of injuries :D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7789 on: February 15, 2024, 10:45:40 pm »

All their signings tend to be odd.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7790 on: February 15, 2024, 10:53:24 pm »

Isn't he more of a structure person than a transfer guru or super scout?

Talk of them going for Jason Wilcox as well and they got the CEO from City.

It's not majorly eye catching but they are putting things in place behind tge scenes, which we're going to need to soon.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7791 on: February 15, 2024, 10:57:55 pm »
Redcafe is talking about being "happy with 6th" because of injuries :D

The mental gymnastics to justify the premise and methodology were impressive.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7792 on: February 15, 2024, 11:34:51 pm »

No one has a clue how good these guys are. They can be made to look good based on a few signings they weren't really involved in, or be made to look bad by a bad coach or whatever. It's pointless thinking about it or really caring.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7793 on: February 16, 2024, 10:55:30 am »
Just had a reminder that Manchester United plc are based in the Cayman Islands. Nice to see their little offshoot club in the UK are doing oh so well.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #7794 on: February 16, 2024, 10:58:34 am »
Getting real Sammy Lee vibes off that pic.

Offline oldman

• Kopite
« Reply #7795 on: February 17, 2024, 10:40:42 am »

“I’ve never been money driven, it’s got nothing to do with that, I left West Brom to come to England for less.

Dan Ashworth - good at football , shite at geography

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7796 on: February 17, 2024, 09:53:50 pm »
Seeing a lot of footie reactions, like Goldbridge and Ecila, being very complimentary towards Liverpool lately. They're couching it in terms of "can anybody stop Liverpool?" and, "How are they so good with so many players injured!?"; plus Bradley seems to be getting universal praise.

It's almost like they want to wish us well, but can't be obvious about it. Maybe they've secretly had enough of City as well?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #7797 on: February 17, 2024, 11:07:10 pm »
Seeing a lot of footie reactions, like Goldbridge and Ecila, being very complimentary towards Liverpool lately. They're couching it in terms of "can anybody stop Liverpool?" and, "How are they so good with so many players injured!?"; plus Bradley seems to be getting universal praise.

It's almost like they want to wish us well, but can't be obvious about it. Maybe they've secretly had enough of City as well?

Don't watch any of Ecila, it seems every video is about Liverpool and she's upset at what we do. So, just done for views/hits. She should support her own team.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7798 on: February 17, 2024, 11:12:06 pm »
Seven Hag says they’d have been challenging  for the league if FFP hadn’t meant they had to buy younger players instead

:lmao delusional
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #7799 on: February 17, 2024, 11:18:20 pm »
Villa and spurs both wobbling, can see united finishing 4th ahead of them both.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads