Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 630591 times)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #10640 on: May 24, 2024, 09:48:38 pm »
Tomorrow, a United win with Rashford scoring
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10641 on: May 24, 2024, 09:58:44 pm »
I'm surprised there hasn't been talk that the job is too big for him such is the state of the managerial market. Biggest thing he's got going for him is that he'd be given a bit of time. If Tuchel or Pochettino showed up with no European competition, there would be a minimum expectation of CL qualification. McKenna coming in would give them an opportunity to clear out some of the dross because the expectations would be much lower. That and given how Brexit Jim runs things, he'd be a lot fucking cheaper with far less demands

McKenna would probably be good news for the likes of Hojlund, Garnacho, Mainoo, Diallo and Kambwala, but I can't see their fans having the patience for their club to go in that direction ...

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #10642 on: May 24, 2024, 10:20:37 pm »
If the miracle happens and united win, we should remind them they kept Ferguson on the back of an fa cup win.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10643 on: May 24, 2024, 11:04:54 pm »
If their shortlist is Tuchel and McKenna then it really suggest Ineos aren't going to turn around Man Utd anytime soon. They're absolutely nothing alike and would require completely different strategies from the club to help them be successful.

One of them is a proven (if overrated) manager who doesn't play well with others, will want experienced players that will let him compete immediately, and hasn't shown he can last anywhere more than two years.

The other is a promising but totally unproven manager at PL level, who would need lots of time and patience, and would presumably be much more amenable about fitting into their new structure.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #10644 on: May 24, 2024, 11:47:49 pm »
They are fucked, it’s lovely 😀
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #10645 on: May 25, 2024, 12:35:06 am »
I wasnt going to bother with the cup final as it will be a media wank fest whoever wins it especially if the red mancs win or ADFC really batter them. Ive changed my mind now though just in case Ten Hag does something really funny.

If I was Ten Hag theres no way I would quit now and lose any money. I would start the final with 11 shite players (first 11 obviously) then do weird subs like as soon as one of them cocks up (Like Garnacho running fast with the ball then giving it away at the end) taking him off for a full back or someone worse if thats possible. Subbing the subs would be funny too then at the final whistle turn to the big noise seats and give them the finger before walking off. Then sit back and wait for the bank transfer and once that was deposited tell the world what a clusterfuck of a club they were.

I've got no love for Ten Hag, but I agree with you here- there's no way I'd quit and lose that money. Take every last £ from these fuckers, because as much as I laugh at them, how they're going about sacking him is absolutely classless. He basically was sacked via social media. And I love your idea of fielding the worst 11, then doing stupid subs in different positions. Would serve them right if he made them even more comical than they already are. I'd laugh and laugh if they won tomorrow.

According to Goldbridge, they could field pretty much the same XI that has seen 4 managers get the sack. But you know, it's the manager's fault. And the fact they seem to be debating between Tuchel and McKenna shows they have no fucking idea what they want in terms of 'philosophy'. What a clown show.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10646 on: May 25, 2024, 01:35:50 am »
It’s the right decision for them to get rid of him because they are going nowhere with him in charge, but how are they in a situation where for the second time in a decade they’ve got an already sacked manager leading them out in an FA Cup final? A complete laughing stock even under their new ownership it seems. It’s a good job I hate them, because I would be appalled if I was a supporter.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10647 on: May 25, 2024, 02:13:58 am »
If their shortlist is Tuchel and McKenna then it really suggest Ineos aren't going to turn around Man Utd anytime soon. They're absolutely nothing alike and would require completely different strategies from the club to help them be successful.

One of them is a proven (if overrated) manager who doesn't play well with others, will want experienced players that will let him compete immediately, and hasn't shown he can last anywhere more than two years.

The other is a promising but totally unproven manager at PL level, who would need lots of time and patience, and would presumably be much more amenable about fitting into their new structure.

They'll go for Xavi now Barca are jettisoning him.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10648 on: May 25, 2024, 04:07:12 am »
It’s the right decision for them to get rid of him because they are going nowhere with him in charge, but how are they in a situation where for the second time in a decade they’ve got an already sacked manager leading them out in an FA Cup final? A complete laughing stock even under their new ownership it seems. It’s a good job I hate them, because I would be appalled if I was a supporter.

Maybe they looked at van Gaal and decided their best chance of pulling a cupset is to sack the manager beforehand, like Hag will be motivated to leave them with a sense of regret. It's a novel approach, for sure. Should we have got out ahead of Klopp’s announcement and leaked our intention to sack him in June even if he wins the quadruple? :D

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10649 on: May 25, 2024, 07:49:36 am »
Ratcliffe has saved a few grand on hospitality for players' families and expenses for office staff, but he's got the club forking out millions to terminate Ten Hag's contract.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10650 on: May 25, 2024, 08:22:47 am »
Ratcliffe has saved a few grand on hospitality for players' families and expenses for office staff, but he's got the club forking out millions to terminate Ten Hag's contract.

Which he'll offset by jacking up ticket prices.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10651 on: May 25, 2024, 09:58:42 am »
Just in case anyone felt sorry for Ten Haag he's come out to defend Overmars again

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10652 on: May 25, 2024, 10:00:32 am »
Just in case anyone felt sorry for Ten Haag he's come out to defend Overmars again

It’s more than John Curtis did at Old Trafford in March 1998.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #10653 on: May 25, 2024, 10:01:31 am »
Very good.  :D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #10654 on: May 25, 2024, 10:02:21 am »
Just read his comments on this. Not surprising really as he was also in favour of keeping you know who.
A vile human being, glad he will fuck off soon.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #10655 on: May 25, 2024, 10:11:01 am »
:D

God that’s good.
AHA!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10656 on: May 25, 2024, 10:14:26 am »
Just read his comments on this. Not surprising really as he was also in favour of keeping you know who..

Who? Greenwood? Anthony? Giggs? Martin Edwards?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #10657 on: May 25, 2024, 10:59:35 am »
Good god, these are an absolute wreck of a club.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10658 on: May 25, 2024, 11:21:33 am »

:lmao
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10659 on: May 25, 2024, 11:53:56 am »

Shows the type of "man" he is. Overmars himself said his own behaviour was unacceptable and offered his resignation.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #10660 on: May 25, 2024, 01:18:49 pm »
How good is this McKenna fella? I know he's done bits at Ipswich and seems highly rated. I've not read up about him

Seems a good coach, done well in limited data, but also has history there that didn't seem overly positive and it seems WAY too early to give him this job, especially considering the gang of malcontents he'll still have to deal with.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #10661 on: May 25, 2024, 01:20:34 pm »
Is that British born and now resident of tax haven Monaco complaining about immigration? Seen he's also complaining about the NHS being overburdened.
He’s what the far right like to call an economic migrant seeking asylum from taxation
Deeply unpleasant man.
Wanted Brexit and moved his grenadier production to France.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10662 on: May 25, 2024, 05:28:17 pm »
So this is embarrassing for them, when will they sack Ten Hag now?

Still fair play to them, glad they beat City

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #10663 on: May 25, 2024, 05:44:17 pm »
So, E7H will get a FA Cup sweetener when he gets the sack.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10664 on: May 25, 2024, 06:03:48 pm »
Tax Dodger missed a trick there he could have put Ten Hags P45 in the cup and saved on postage
Hoping Arne can Slot right in after Klopp

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10665 on: May 25, 2024, 06:04:57 pm »
Mainoo looks a real talent. Let's see if they can find a way to ruin him as well.

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #10666 on: May 25, 2024, 06:52:36 pm »
After last seasons cup win the BBC had a picture of Ten Haag dressed as a magician.  After this seasons he'll dissappear. 

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #10667 on: May 25, 2024, 08:30:06 pm »
After last seasons cup win the BBC had a picture of Ten Haag dressed as a magician.  After this seasons he'll dissappear.

;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #10668 on: May 25, 2024, 08:38:01 pm »
They cant fire him now right? Their biggest achievement in ages

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10669 on: May 25, 2024, 08:46:59 pm »
Football is a funny old game. They were about a cm going out against Coventry, in what would have been the biggest bottle job in FA Cup history. And then they go and beat City in the final. Jammy twats.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Online n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #10670 on: May 25, 2024, 08:57:19 pm »
Just one of those results where there’s no downside. City win, and it’s a nothing thing. United win, and it’s fuck the cheats. As Klopp said, best result is if they both lose but whoever won doesn’t bother me. The joke is on the Arsenal fans who after being brilliant all season have less the show for it then this shower.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #10671 on: May 25, 2024, 09:11:31 pm »
Eth has more trophy's with utd than arteta with arsenal...
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #10672 on: May 25, 2024, 09:18:55 pm »
Eth has more trophy's with utd than arteta with arsenal...
Go and tell TNB that in the Arsenal thread.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10673 on: May 25, 2024, 09:29:07 pm »
Mainoo looks a real talent. Let's see if they can find a way to ruin him as well.

They'll hype him to be the new Keane or Scholes now and he'll either become maybe half of what they're hoping for or crumble completely under pressure.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10674 on: May 25, 2024, 09:55:18 pm »
Shame that Ten Hag did so badly in the league this season that even an FA Cup can't save him. But hopefully it'll at least put a bit of extra pressure on the next manager. Memories are short, so if they come 6th next season but win nothing, fans might start saying "under Ten Hag we may have been shit in the league, but at least got some silverware" and turn against the next poor sap who's being handed a bucket and told to bail out the Titanic.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10675 on: May 25, 2024, 10:09:12 pm »
Almost a perfect result. I was kind of wondering whether they would have the sacking ceremony straight after the trophy celebration. Makes sense really because everyone's already there together. But now looks like they will wait a while because it's going to look bad straight after a win which means they delay even more which gives less time to prepare a new manager or even find one.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #10676 on: May 26, 2024, 12:37:29 am »
United now need to hastily arrange a parade as they probably thought it was pointless, I love that they are likely to sack their most successful manager since Ferguson
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10677 on: May 26, 2024, 12:45:26 am »
Ten Hag handled some of those spiky interview questions well, but he will never be cut any slack for how poor his team is because he's the one who is responsible for them spending so much money on players like Antony, Onana, Casemiro. He constructed that team. He complains about injuries but if his goalkeeper wasn't so poor they'd have conceded less goals. If their £100m winger wasn't a waste of a shirt then that would also be helpful. They've both been fit all season.

It's a big decision to make. He's been a damp squib and any other year I'd say they should just sack him, but there isn't an obvious replacement for him out there. If they are sensible their next coach will be young and future-focused. It would be very 'United' to sack him for Tuchel - one of those immediate success, burn-the-place-down-on-the-way-out kind of coaches. Amorim maybe. Hoeness from Stuttgart looks interesting too.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 12:50:59 am by Clint Eastwood »

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #10678 on: May 26, 2024, 02:47:33 am »
The fabled 5-0-5 formation claims its latest victim.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10679 on: May 26, 2024, 09:06:37 am »
Ten Hag handled some of those spiky interview questions well, but he will never be cut any slack for how poor his team is because he's the one who is responsible for them spending so much money on players like Antony, Onana, Casemiro. He constructed that team. He complains about injuries but if his goalkeeper wasn't so poor they'd have conceded less goals. If their £100m winger wasn't a waste of a shirt then that would also be helpful. They've both been fit all season.

It's a big decision to make. He's been a damp squib and any other year I'd say they should just sack him, but there isn't an obvious replacement for him out there. If they are sensible their next coach will be young and future-focused. It would be very 'United' to sack him for Tuchel - one of those immediate success, burn-the-place-down-on-the-way-out kind of coaches. Amorim maybe. Hoeness from Stuttgart looks interesting too.
Unless they had Alisson, or a goalkeeper having a freak season, they were always going to concede a lot. They conceded the second most shots in the league, fifth most against on target, it wasn't the goal keeper that caused them to concede so much and I think that highlights how bad a manager he is, or season they had. They were a bottom half side who got away with it loads+ some individual quality in attack that those bottom half clubs don't have.