Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Aston Villa, Anfield. Sun 3 Sep 2pm  (Read 14449 times)

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MATCH PREVIEW: Liverpool v Aston Villa, Anfield. Sun 3 Sep 2pm
« Reply #80 on: September 2, 2023, 05:29:54 pm »
The first sentence is interesting because so will we, which will leave it congested and compressed in the middle third. They will move the ball side to side to try and pull our defence in different directions before utilising balls over the top to try and release Watkins, who is a threat because of his pace and physicality. Gomez will need to concentrate to the maximum.

I don’t rate Mings at all, but him missing the game means less snide behaviour and danger of injury to our attackers. It does however mean better defenders on the ball and I truly think Nunez is the option, in the same way Watkins will work for them. Get Salah close to him, dropping in and playing as more of a creator than forward and potentially have Szoboszlai as the most advanced midfielder ahead of Mac and Endo.

This will be a real test, looking forward to it.

On another note, is there any news about when the stand will be finished? Looked strange to keep looking over to it during the Bournemouth game with the bare concrete and loads of seats not even in.
Villa ran both a back 3/5 and back 4 this season, Torrres and Konsa are two of the center backs. Yea Watkins/Diaby are the big concerns.
I expect Matip to start would love to see Quansah start(Would be a huge test for him and dont expect it maybe he gets subbed on late again).
Nunez or Jota a has to start at striker for me, need somebody who runs in behind to stretch this defense not playing to feet as much.
Liverpool should be able to control the game and have the ball more. Emery away record normally leaves a lot to be desired.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 2, 2023, 05:43:53 pm »
Nice on duvva, thanks for the OP :)

Still annoyed that Mings wasn't sent off last season at Anfield for his assault on Gakpo but Villa look good under Emery and think they'll cause us some problems tomorrow, hopefully a first clean sheet though and a few for us at the other end. Really hoping Nunez starts and tears them a new one. It's going to happen.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #82 on: September 2, 2023, 07:32:13 pm »
Fuck.Me. Going to a game and all I can think of is the inbred fucking cheat cheating the game.

I remember when I used to love going the game
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #83 on: September 2, 2023, 07:38:44 pm »
Just twat these please.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 2, 2023, 07:43:53 pm »
Would it be a shock if it's Gakpo starting and one of him or Nunez wide?

I'd be surprised if Gakpo started this one, it's 4 into 2 positions and the other 3 are currently in better form. Can't see Diaz not starting on the left so it's between Jota and Nunez for the CF. The competition in these 2 positions is fantastic for us and will give us dynamite from the bench.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 2, 2023, 07:47:41 pm »
Great OP Duuva.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #86 on: September 2, 2023, 08:01:07 pm »
Think our home-away splits continue to be extreme and we get a pretty solid victory. Up the Reds!

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #87 on: September 2, 2023, 09:11:43 pm »
Under Emery these are a decent outfit with a good record. It's gonna be another good test for the lads....

I fucking hate Villa fans, they have some irrational dislike to our football club - so just for that reason i hope we fucking smash them off the pitch.
I have noticed brummies in general having a dislike of our club. Some in the media never have a good word to say about us…Must be all those years of hurt with their teams getting tonked by LFC. COME ON THE MIGHTY RED MEN.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #88 on: September 2, 2023, 10:08:05 pm »
Fuck this fucking ref. You bent fucking c*nt.

Just getting in early

You English inbred twat x

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #89 on: September 2, 2023, 10:22:17 pm »
Good stuff Duvva 👏

Hoping we score a few scorchers to match what promises to be a hot day.

Shirt sleeve order with lots of red tops on show. Villa seem to do better at Anfield than they do at home against us but last weeks defiant victory shows we are up for anything thrown at us. Thirsty weather requires a few pints which should lubricate everyone to get behind the lads from minute one.

Reckon Emery is still stuck on that one win after tomorrow.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #90 on: September 2, 2023, 10:25:20 pm »
Fuck.Me. Going to a game and all I can think of is the inbred fucking cheat cheating the game.

I remember when I used to love going the game
Could be a self fulfilling prophecy Andy. Don’t get me wrong, some shocking officiating going on in our games and others. But it’ll seem ten times worse if you’re going expecting it and analysing every decision.

Plus, if there’s another massive howler, your head might explode :D

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #91 on: September 2, 2023, 11:30:40 pm »
Start Nunez and work back from there

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #92 on: September 2, 2023, 11:49:13 pm »
Start Nunez and work back from there

Yeah, I think I'd be looking at that as well. Villa will play a high line and Nunez could cause them trouble.

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 3, 2023, 12:29:13 am »
Nunez has to start this one, surely.

Without a doubt, he will be unleashed, i'd be astonished if he's not starting....

Villa have some quick and dangerous players up top, so i'm interested to see what we do at the back without VVD to deal with that threat.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #94 on: September 3, 2023, 12:46:34 am »
Yeah, I think I'd be looking at that as well. Villa will play a high line and Nunez could cause them trouble.
For that to work, we should hone the midfield behind him. But we should have had enough sessions to do that. And if we have Jota starting on the left, the press would be better. I love Lucho to bits, but he doesn't press well, and Darwin could take the goal-scoring mantle for this game.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #95 on: September 3, 2023, 01:05:18 am »
This could be a wild one if they have a proper go. I can't see them playing a high line; it would be carnage if they do it with Salah and Nunez playing.

I think we'll win by two clear goals; remember, that our home record remains boss. As bad as last season was, we lost only once at home, a last minute goal to Leeds.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 3, 2023, 03:38:46 am »
Looking forward to this one as its one of the possible up and coming group teams  Newcastle, Villa, Brighton and maybe Spurs (boo) , along with the usual City, United , Arsenal and Liverpool especially as all the chasers grp can beat anyone on thier day, We did Newcastle if we can do Villa too would be a good start from us with tricky opposition, as for Chelsea ...lol poor Lavia...kinda but not really.

If we want Lavia i reckon next season he will want to leave again, same as Caciedo if they carry on as they are £1.billion spent and already looking bad for them with no strikers, and no creativity and should they put Lavia in too thats a midfield three without any creativity at all
« Last Edit: September 3, 2023, 03:42:36 am by Lubeh »

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 3, 2023, 08:10:49 am »
A bit concerning that it’s only the 4th game and we’re already down to Gomez and Matip at CB. Can see Endo playing there at some point today as unlikely Matip will last the full game.
That said, Midfield and attack are looking great so it’ll have to be a high scoring win. 4-2 I reckon.

Offline MartinSkrtelsBasement

• Kopite
« Reply #98 on: September 3, 2023, 09:13:56 am »
Would like us to be more structured and take fewer risks to start the game today. Bin of the inverted Trent until we’re settled into the game.

Villa are dangerous and we are still starting slowly. New personnel at the back unlikely to make it an easy transition.

Quality in attack bound to shine through so be patient. Nunez to start, he’ll be busrsting with confidence.
Pirlo is a silent leader. He speaks with his feet.
—Marcello Lippi

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #99 on: September 3, 2023, 09:49:54 am »
Thanks for the OP.
I am quite excited as I have no idea how we will set up at the front.

Will Nunez get a start? If so, is that part of a 2, or centre of the 3 or even wide of a 3. Would hate not to see Gakpo as I think he is great in that dropped off 9 position that Bobby so nicely filled. But what about Jota, after anonymous parts of games he has flourished and been a big part of the last two wins. Then Diaz scoring in the first two.... and of course you can't leave out Salah.

Defensively, of course, we are one injury short of a crisis again, but hey ho!

Interesting and fun times ahead.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #100 on: September 3, 2023, 10:05:46 am »
Thanks for the OP.
I am quite excited as I have no idea how we will set up at the front.

Will Nunez get a start? If so, is that part of a 2, or centre of the 3 or even wide of a 3. Would hate not to see Gakpo as I think he is great in that dropped off 9 position that Bobby so nicely filled. But what about Jota, after anonymous parts of games he has flourished and been a big part of the last two wins. Then Diaz scoring in the first two.... and of course you can't leave out Salah.

Defensively, of course, we are one injury short of a crisis again, but hey ho!

Interesting and fun times ahead.

We'll probably have a player stretchered off after an assault by an official.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 3, 2023, 10:06:03 am »
Perfect day for footy. Let's twat these nob lords

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 3, 2023, 10:10:49 am »
A bit concerning that it’s only the 4th game and we’re already down to Gomez and Matip at CB. Can see Endo playing there at some point today as unlikely Matip will last the full game.
That said, Midfield and attack are looking great so it’ll have to be a high scoring win. 4-2 I reckon.
I don't think Endo will be tried at centre back for some time (outside of league cup maybe) - at least until he's a bit more caught up in adapting to the league physically and conditioned to our standards (probably a good couple of months based on recent examples like Gakpo).

Don't think it would be very kind to him either, to try it before he's shown he can win his physical battles in midfield. A bit of end of game cover at full back could be an alternative route to him building up to being centre back cover - but personally my guess would be that Quansah and Bajcetic would start at CB before Endo

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #103 on: September 3, 2023, 10:17:33 am »
 i really don't like pau torres . So slow and poor in air , great on ball mind . Villa prob play high enlighten line it's made for nunez destroy him in same channel he destroyed the saudis .
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #104 on: September 3, 2023, 10:51:03 am »
want Nunez to start
Salah obviously
Szoboszlai is probably the new guy I'm most excited about so far

Can't have Gravenberch today he wasn't registered in time

Defence ummm starting to worry a bit, but let's see what the gaffer does

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #105 on: September 3, 2023, 10:56:44 am »
Just seen Martinez is a doubt. Yeah right.

And let’s see how long it is before he gets a mild reproach for egregious time wasting.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #106 on: September 3, 2023, 11:11:33 am »

If Matip genuinely can't finish a game this early into the season, after playing all throughout pre-season and then not playing for 7 days, I think we'd have moved him on. Last week I half understand it as we'd been under pressure all day and he'd not played a part in the first couple of games but surely he's alright going forward? A few games a week obviously won't suit him when European games begin but we should have Van Dijk and Konate back by then.

Just seen Martinez is a doubt. Yeah right.

And let’s see how long it is before he gets a mild reproach for egregious time wasting.

Hopefully Olsen has to play, Martinez is obviously well better. Another reason to go with Darwin either way, get him in behind and get him firing on goal again like he did when he first joined. If last week was anything to go by we may see a more clinical Nunez this season and if that's the case we're going to see the version of him who promises to be sensational
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #107 on: September 3, 2023, 11:12:44 am »
Nunez Nunez 2 more please

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 3, 2023, 11:37:47 am »
If Matip genuinely can't finish a game this early into the season, after playing all throughout pre-season and then not playing for 7 days, I think we'd have moved him on. Last week I half understand it as we'd been under pressure all day and he'd not played a part in the first couple of games but surely he's alright going forward? A few games a week obviously won't suit him when European games begin but we should have Van Dijk and Konate back by then.
think it's more a case of risk (of injury) minimisation that saw him come off - and might see the same again today - rather than a genuine inability to keep going until the final whistle

as you say, 7 day break after proper high intensity performance (ie not preseason) will have increased his capacity for today. on the point of his tiring quickly last week being understandable, i think that counterintuitively he might have needed to cover a lot less ground than the position usually demands in a competitive/tight game because of going down to ten and playing much narrower and deeper than we would ever normally do. i do think that your point on ten men covers Endo looking goosed quite early though - assuming he starts today I'd expect he can play a lot longer today if called upon to

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 3, 2023, 11:44:02 am »
Three points and no red cards would do nicely.

Think Elliott, Jota and Nunez all made very strong cases last week to start this one, still wouldn't be surprised if the only chance is Gomez for VVD.

It's going to be a tough game, they're a disciplined side with enough quality going forward to hurt anyone.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #110 on: September 3, 2023, 11:53:55 am »
Nunez deserves a start.
Would be nice  for him to get another goal  or 2 today.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #111 on: September 3, 2023, 11:54:40 am »
Alisson to be sent off early on - probably for their 'keeper wasting time, or something equally strange. Failing that, two red cards.

Scoreline, who knows? Haven't really thought about that bit yet.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #112 on: September 3, 2023, 12:01:34 pm »
Big chance to put a bit of daylight between ourselves and Chelsea and Newcastle. Arsenal and United playing each other afterwards as well. The table could look good for us, going into the international break.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 3, 2023, 12:05:12 pm »
Just win.

Have a feeling Klopp will still want Gakpo down the middle and dropping into midfield with Nunez plan B if we need a goal

Can see Villa sitting back and exposing the slightly fragile Defence

Can see a tense 2  - 0

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 3, 2023, 12:05:42 pm »
Feels like a while since we had a no frills, 2-0 win. Wolves last year whenever that was? Would be nice to see something like that today

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #115 on: September 3, 2023, 12:06:35 pm »
Should be an easy win for us. Villa have one chance, the officials. Szoboszlai due a goal.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 3, 2023, 12:07:01 pm »
I believe we will win but just a reminder that a draw isnt the end of the world. Just avoid defeat and its a solid start.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #117 on: September 3, 2023, 12:20:11 pm »
Excited to see what we can do with 11 men at home  ;D

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #118 on: September 3, 2023, 12:22:34 pm »
We had one red card last season in the premier league , not expecting one today

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: September 3, 2023, 12:41:58 pm »
Should be an easy win for us. Villa have one chance, the officials. Szoboszlai due a goal.

I think you are underestimating this Villa team under Emery. They have a few players thay are capable of troubling us today.