Author Topic: 2023 Ryder Cup Sept 29th - Oct 1st. Marco Simone Golf Club, Rome.  (Read 17264 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: 2023 Ryder Cup Sept 29th - Oct 1st. Marco Simone Golf Club, Rome.
« Reply #560 on: October 2, 2023, 10:46:15 am »
https://x.com/BelTel/status/1708570650707693741?s=20

This one? Brilliant stuff. They look bladdered!

Just wondering, was is Liverpool that seemingly started celebrating with 'Freed from Desire'? I know we don't the rights to the song but feel everyone jumped on that bandwagon after the League and FA Cup finals.
:D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #561 on: October 2, 2023, 11:13:40 am »
Just wondering, was is Liverpool that seemingly started celebrating with 'Freed from Desire'? I know we don't the rights to the song but feel everyone jumped on that bandwagon after the League and FA Cup finals.

First time I recall it being used (sounds like an old WW2 veteran) was Wigan and then Northern Ireland fans using it for Will Grigg and then it turned into one of those tunes that gets used by all and sundry like Injust can’t get enough.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #562 on: October 2, 2023, 11:28:28 am »
Fowler was only player not to score but some bad records for America, Scheffler and Spieth didnt win a match, lot of players with 1 point from 4

Every European on the board after friday, Hojgaard with just a half but they all add up, all those halves gained on 18 go the other way and yesterday is even more squeaky bum time than it was
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: October 2, 2023, 01:05:47 pm »
I am glad I am not the only one who found the Sky coverage very poor. I thought it was down to me a bit.

They jumped about a lot more than normal, and I thought, especially yesterday, they cut to random putts and didn't tell us who was playing, the context of the putt or the state of the the game that they were in. By the time I found the information on the screen the putt had already been taken.

Actually, might be time to put the players names on their jerseys. Never thought I would say that about golf.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: October 2, 2023, 01:21:10 pm »
Their interviews drag on, you could see some people coming into shot saying no more questions

Plus they talk to someone 5 mins while they could be showing shots

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #565 on: October 2, 2023, 01:59:48 pm »
True to my word, never watched a minute of it. Congrats to Europe.

Wonder if Koepka got a bonus from LIV because he was selected.

Wonder in Zack Johnson got a brown envelope from LIV for selecting Koepka?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #566 on: October 2, 2023, 02:13:34 pm »
Why is it the vast majority of Americans involved in golf are monumental arseholes?, is it an extension of their entitlement from having a few quid (golf is mostly a sport for those wealthy enough to play it) and being members of exclusive golf clubs?

There's a statistical quirk* that being American and having a stupid, twattish first name that is really a surname correlates moderately strongly to being a) from a rich background**; and b) a complete whopper in real life.

A think back through some prominent American golfers in recentish years and we have Payne, Davis, Hunter, Keegan, Brandt, Webb, Brooks, Bryson, Wyndham.

* Factchecker pending...

** in the UK, the converse is generally true and it is the lowest social demographic that burden their offspring with stupid, twattish names, although these stupid, twattish names aren't usually really a surname, but rather after a C-list celebrity or wine.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: October 2, 2023, 02:28:52 pm »

Cliftonville in Belfast stole our version of it. Literally word for word as they're also 'The Reds' and also have no money, and also didn't win the league  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #568 on: October 3, 2023, 07:40:02 pm »
Rory McIlroy believes the absence of LIV trio Sergio Garcia, Lee Westwood and Ian Poulter benefited Europe in their Ryder Cup victory over the USA.

Garcia, Westwood and Poulter were ineligible for the event after resigning from the DP World Tour.

"It's a new era - and it's a pretty good one," said McIlroy.

"Not having those big personalities in the team room let other guys have the chance to flourish and shine: Viktor (Hovland), Jon (Rahm), myself."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/66974216

"It's just like what's happening at Liverpool" McIlroy didn't add (but could have)......

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #569 on: October 3, 2023, 07:41:08 pm »
All the fuss about Cantlay not wearing a cap, are we sure it wasn’t just so he could avoid the terrible tan line for his wedding?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #570 on: October 5, 2023, 06:31:10 pm »
Marco Simone on fire, watching golfers are terrified

https://twitter.com/marcoagosta52/status/1709980685711085823?t=9JHQbt8zrmrcQApF3EG3Gg&s=19

https://twitter.com/ConorN11/status/1709968407712379280?t=RWLu9TZC2R_yGGrhN4xiQg&s=19

Hopefully it's just the temporary hospitality tents/grandstand rather than a permanent structure, because that looks a biggie.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: October 6, 2023, 10:01:35 am »
Holy fuck, presume players etc are long gone from there

Thank fuck it wasnt last week