Author Topic: PL: Chelsea 1 v 1 Liverpool Diaz 19’ Disasi 37’  (Read 28539 times)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Re: PL: Chelsea 1 v 1 Liverpool Diaz 19’ Disasi 37’
« Reply #720 on: August 15, 2023, 11:25:44 am »
We havent beaten Chelsea in years and there are 5 better teams than them.

Holding them to 1 goal was great. 

Our final third was crap.

Sell Mo for 200M next window, buy and retool.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 01:00:28 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #721 on: August 15, 2023, 12:29:21 pm »
People have gone too far the other way with our side. I get some level of pessimism, but the way the team is being written off completely is fucking odd. How many of our side do you wish were replaced by Chelsea’s players yesterday?

They finished 12th last season. They were missing their main striker. So lacking in midfield they're trying to sign the same 2 midfielders we were looking at. Yet they dominated the ball with ease. The performance was dire. There's not much more to say aside from that. The 20 minutes before and after half-time we struggled to get the ball in our attacking half. We are lucky they're so impotent in attack, I think had we played a more well drilled side e.g. Brentford we'd have lost playing like that.

It was one game, who knows how the rest of the season will pan out, but it's very hard not to be concerned because the pattern we saw was the same one we saw last season. Zero presence in midfield, ball passes through it with no resistance. Leaving a lot of space out wide, easy to get in behind and into dangerous positions. Limited pressure from forwards. Sitting off the opposition for long parts of the game. Struggling to control the ball and resorting to long balls when we do regain possession. Event more concerning because I think they're a shit side.

Hopefully the Bournemouth game gives a bit more to be excited about.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: August 15, 2023, 01:05:35 pm »
They finished 12th last season. They were missing their main striker. So lacking in midfield they're trying to sign the same 2 midfielders we were looking at. Yet they dominated the ball with ease. The performance was dire. There's not much more to say aside from that. The 20 minutes before and after half-time we struggled to get the ball in our attacking half. We are lucky they're so impotent in attack, I think had we played a more well drilled side e.g. Brentford we'd have lost playing like that.

It was one game, who knows how the rest of the season will pan out, but it's very hard not to be concerned because the pattern we saw was the same one we saw last season. Zero presence in midfield, ball passes through it with no resistance. Leaving a lot of space out wide, easy to get in behind and into dangerous positions. Limited pressure from forwards. Sitting off the opposition for long parts of the game. Struggling to control the ball and resorting to long balls when we do regain possession. Event more concerning because I think they're a shit side.

Hopefully the Bournemouth game gives a bit more to be excited about.

Completely disagree. Their position of 12th was false. A point away to Chelsea is fine and I am not having all this talk of them being shite.

But opinions I guess.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #723 on: August 15, 2023, 01:18:02 pm »
Completely disagree. Their position of 12th was false. A point away to Chelsea is fine and I am not having all this talk of them being shite.

But opinions I guess.

Agree.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #724 on: August 15, 2023, 01:34:12 pm »

But opinions I guess.

They were killed by injuries last season, although one could argue their squad was so huge they should have been able to manage through this infinitely better than they did

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: August 15, 2023, 02:14:17 pm »
Chelsea were mismanaged last year in my opinion. Especially put Lampard incharge who isn't even good enough for the PL.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarαs Solo.
« Reply #726 on: August 15, 2023, 03:26:49 pm »

The current FA handball law - Law 12 - states: "It is an offence if a player touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger".
[/i]

- https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/liverpool/liverpool-chelsea-penalty-handball-var-premier-league-929980-20230813

Does this mean a player can literally handle the ball at any point in front of their body now and that's fine?!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: August 15, 2023, 04:57:31 pm »
We didn't play against a side assembled for a billion though. Colwill, Silva, Gallagher and James cost nothing. Chukwuemeka cost £15m, Sanchez cost £20m, Jackson cost £33m, Disasi £40m, Chilwell £45m, Sterling £50m and Enzo was £105m.

So we faced an 11 that cost £300m to assemble. We actually spent much more money on our starting 11.

Badiashile, Fofana, Nkunku, Caicedo need to be added to the team plus any other signings before it becomes a billion-pound side. That is a scary thought for me. 

Bloody hell Al , I thought I was the most negative moaning bastard on here, you knock me into a cocked hat.
I thought we played quite well and like the Real Madrid game at A field looked really good in the first 20 minutes, just need to continue now for the rest of the game..

Offline Aeon

• Main Stander
« Reply #728 on: August 15, 2023, 06:29:51 pm »
- Handballs. Both penalties. The first one, the ball changed direction so much that could have been an own goal. It is hilarious to even debate about it.

- The second one, the referee invented an offensive foul by Elliot to cancel out what happens immediately after (Szoboszlai crosses the ball which stops on the defenders extended arm)

- chelsea had to start their new debt financed era without losing. At any cost. 

- chelsea are built on colossal debts and rumours. Putin pulled out of the club, but left no debt. The new US owners found the opportunity and room to load the club with debt, to inflate its declining value. Hence the rumours and their despair to prove that they are bigger than Liverpool. They are terrified of the post-putin era, of going back to what they really are a mid/low table mediocrity, with a very limited fanbase.

- Rumours that they are secretly bankrolled by some imaginary Saudi Prince. People love conspiracies especially if those include Moneytrees, free billions for all. When the bubble bursts people will move on to believe the next fraud. It worked with Brexit and the imaginary billions that would appear for the NHS, that were supposedly being shipped to Brussels all those decades.   

- Why would the Saudi family not spend what they need on their own League, considering they had several of the world's top players joining it, or at least invest in Newcastle? But instead they choose to hide behind some fella and spent 1bn for London's fourth most popular club. 

- There are no Moneytrees. 

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #729 on: August 15, 2023, 06:54:31 pm »
- Handballs. Both penalties. The first one, the ball changed direction so much that could have been an own goal. It is hilarious to even debate about it.

- The second one, the referee invented an offensive foul by Elliot to cancel out what happens immediately after (Szoboszlai crosses the ball which stops on the defenders extended arm)

First one: arms tucked in, player one foot away gets flick-on touch = no penalty.

Second, it was a freekick for offside before the ball was kicked against his arm = no penalty.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #730 on: August 16, 2023, 04:15:06 am »
First one: arms tucked in, player one foot away gets flick-on touch = no penalty.

Second, it was a freekick for offside before the ball was kicked against his arm = no penalty.

Arm tucked in :lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #731 on: August 16, 2023, 06:17:50 am »
It's all starting to make sense now

https://www.chelseahandball.com/

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #732 on: August 16, 2023, 06:37:00 am »
The Chelsea team we faced we should have beaten..

The first 20 or so minutes we were dominant and you could see the gaps which we could exploit, did exploit, to get our lead and narrowly missed extending it...

Our DM-shaped hole in the middle of the park was clear but it's a known issue. And Chelsea were a bit toothless.

When other teams get through us because of our obvious weaknesses defensively in the middle of the park it seems to really get to the team alot. We don't then attack with the same confidence and the game meanders.

Last season quite a few times it was at that point we would be conceding a goal it felt like a slog to get back in it and often was.
Similar thing happened on Sunday. We did pick ourselves up again in the 2nd half but couldn't make much of it.

I hoped this season, knowing that and having our obvious strengths up top we'd be attacking teams to death.

It's only been one game and I'm sure we will get a DM that hopefully will be a starter and consistently in the team for us to see this season really start....
Until then, if we are not "attacking teams to death" let's just hope we do enough to get as many points as possible.

1 point at Stamford Bridge is NOT a bad return.
Onwards
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 06:38:45 am by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.