Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 705570 times)

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Reply #12800 on: April 30, 2024, 01:55:26 pm »
I imagine there will be pressure on the administrators to find a solution which allows the club to continue as a going concern, in which case if there is a suitable buyer then there could be no need to sell any playing assets.

How much do they actually owe
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12802 on: April 30, 2024, 01:58:46 pm »
777 sound like Ponzi schemers

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12803 on: April 30, 2024, 02:00:49 pm »
I imagine there will be pressure on the administrators to find a solution which allows the club to continue as a going concern, in which case if there is a suitable buyer then there could be no need to sell any playing assets.

Wouldn't creditors need to approve any purchase and approve a deal to buy the club? MSP and 777 (and the other murky lenders) are all secured creditors, right?

Portsmouth were in administration for over a year and only had £66m debt and the club was absolutely fucked. Everton are supposedly in over £1bn now. I don't see how they come out of it unscathed even if they get some benevolent investor who swoops in.

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12804 on: April 30, 2024, 02:02:12 pm »
Wouldn't creditors need to approve any purchase and approve a deal to buy the club? MSP and 777 (and the other murky lenders) are all secured creditors, right?

Portsmouth were in administration for over a year and only had £66m debt and the club was absolutely fucked. Everton are supposedly in over £1bn now. I don't see how they come out of it unscathed even if they get some benevolent investor who swoops in.

Bloody hell do they owe a billion  :o
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12805 on: April 30, 2024, 02:02:36 pm »
Probably not, but that was a figure being thrown about, I think that included stadium stuff.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12806 on: April 30, 2024, 02:04:37 pm »
It's closer to completion that you make it sound mate. Yes, works are still needed but it is certainly nearer the end than the start.

It's still to have the internal fit out. Not sure if that is in LoR package. Still lots of work to be done, just not structurally.

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12807 on: April 30, 2024, 02:09:34 pm »
It's closer to completion that you make it sound mate. Yes, works are still needed but it is certainly nearer the end than the start.

It's still to have the internal fit out. Not sure if that is in LoR package. Still lots of work to be done, just not structurally.

Steady, this is heading to the legendary Arsenal "he's 28 until he's 29" type Twitter argument.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12808 on: April 30, 2024, 02:10:22 pm »
You keep on buying the equivalent of 3-4 Davy Klaassens every summer and then decide the only suitable venue for him to show his talents is a spanking brand new stadium and you get to a billion quid pretty sharpish.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12809 on: April 30, 2024, 02:11:01 pm »
I wish I could get my hopes up that they will disappear but I just refuse to believe it. I'm thinking it will be more of a Leeds/Forest situation, but even that and a decade+ out of the Premier League would be a decent result.  :)

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12810 on: April 30, 2024, 02:17:08 pm »
You keep on buying the equivalent of 3-4 Davy Klaassens every summer and then decide the only suitable venue for him to show his talents is a spanking brand new stadium and you get to a billion quid pretty sharpish.

True they have wasted a lot of money on well shite
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12811 on: April 30, 2024, 02:21:32 pm »

777 aren't secured I don't think. MSP are against both the stadium and Moshi's shares.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #12812 on: April 30, 2024, 02:30:40 pm »

Fuck me thats nearly as much as Croydon Council

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12813 on: April 30, 2024, 02:31:22 pm »
Them lot going into administration would be a great end to the season.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #12814 on: April 30, 2024, 02:36:09 pm »
777 aren't secured I don't think. MSP are against both the stadium and Moshi's shares.

Everton owe £200m to MSP, £200m to Rights Media, £200m to 777 and £440m to Moshiri. MSP have their £200m secured against 51% of Everton/Moshiri's shares. I would imagine that a takeover by MSP that screws the other 3 would end up in court. Also, there is a hierarchy of creditors with clubs, players and league all needing to be paid before the others. I personally can't see it as being as simple as 'we will rob the rest to reward MSP'
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #12815 on: April 30, 2024, 02:39:23 pm »
Surely the stadium is a blessing. Someone is going to get to buy Everton on the cheap and get a nice new stadium as part of the deal. The stadium makes the club more attractive to buyers surely?

The MSP loan was secured on the stadium or 51% of Moshi’s shares.
I think they were seeing how far down the line they could let Moshiri get with the stadium build before the 777 money ran out, before stepping in and taking the BMD. It meant they were not paying as much to complete it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12816 on: April 30, 2024, 02:46:59 pm »
What page are we on?
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #12817 on: April 30, 2024, 02:48:15 pm »
https://x.com/ElBobble/status/1785302035807490355

Apparently the money has just appeared

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12818 on: April 30, 2024, 03:01:05 pm »

That's the money 777 agreed last week to help keep Everton running.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #12819 on: April 30, 2024, 03:09:27 pm »
That's the money 777 agreed last week to help keep Everton running.

They’ve essentially put 50p in the meter.

Can’t see how this is sustainably for either party

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #12820 on: April 30, 2024, 03:13:25 pm »
Another 777 success story https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-68925711
Appointing Sean Dyche to manage the airline was a bad idea. Planes started hitting the ground every time they encountered a puff of wind.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12821 on: April 30, 2024, 03:19:01 pm »

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #12822 on: April 30, 2024, 03:24:31 pm »

Who is El Bobble?
Is he their bank manager?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12823 on: April 30, 2024, 04:02:37 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #12824 on: April 30, 2024, 04:05:56 pm »
El Bobble?

Well I found the post on GOT whilst trawling through and they all seemed optimistic by the news so I thought it must have some traction ;D

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #12825 on: April 30, 2024, 04:20:36 pm »
Only footy related thread worth following on RAWK these days.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #12826 on: April 30, 2024, 04:21:10 pm »
Well I found the post on GOT whilst trawling through and they all seemed optimistic by the news so I thought it must have some traction ;D

Ahh but is it the money to pay off MSP, or the money to pay the wages and LoR.

Seems like the 777 cross collateralised house of cards Ponzi scheme is about to collapse.
But fear not. The Esk reckons there are potential investors waiting in the wings, who will be revealed at the right moment.
I felt like replying to him “usual caveats?”
Seeing that Moshiri was hawking the club around for 18 months trying to get investors, I’m not holding my breath.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #12827 on: April 30, 2024, 04:28:37 pm »
Ahh but is it the money to pay off MSP, or the money to pay the wages and LoR.

Seems like the 777 cross collateralised house of cards Ponzi scheme is about to collapse.
But fear not. The Esk reckons there are potential investors waiting in the wings, who will be revealed at the right moment.
I felt like replying to him “usual caveats?”
Seeing that Moshiri was hawking the club around for 18 months trying to get investors, I’m not holding my breath.

If its working capital that's usually day to day expenditure I think.

If it was for MSP isn't the term servicing debts used?

Offline DHRED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12828 on: April 30, 2024, 04:56:16 pm »
The chickens are coming home to roost

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12829 on: April 30, 2024, 05:23:00 pm »
What kind of fucking tit decides to build a £500m stadium without funding in place.

Signs a fixed price contract for £500m which ends up costing £850m

And has to rely on these hustlers for money.

Worrying times
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12830 on: April 30, 2024, 05:38:13 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/30/everton-call-in-insolvency-restructuring-advisers-777-takeover-doubt

Everton call in insolvency advisers amid fresh doubt over 777 takeover

Everton have called in a leading firm of restructuring and insolvency advisers, the Guardian understands, raising further questions about the proposed takeover of the Premier League club by 777 Partners.

The move came while the club were believed to be waiting for a further £15m of loans that 777 had pledged to provide Everton with during April, according to one 777 source.

When asked about that £15m in loans, a 777 spokesperson said that – after a delay – “the club has been provided with the working capital it needs as of today [Tuesday]”. He would not say how much of the £15m had been provided.

A £15m loan would take the amount the club have borrowed from the American firm to more than £200m during the seven months since it as announced it would acquire Everton.

However, 777 appears to be experiencing further financial difficulties, with its low-cost airline Bonza entering voluntary administration in Australia on Tuesday. Meanwhile, 777 Partners is understood to have parted company with its UK PR advisers after falling behind on paying its fees.

The developments raise further questions regarding whether 777 will be able to complete its takeover of Everton – and how the club will be funded until the end of the season.

When companies fall into financial difficulties, directors are required to take professional advice and closely monitor a business’s finances to ensure that they are not trading while insolvent.

The Guardian understands that Teneo – a global financial advisory firm with a large insolvency division – has been approached to advise Everton and its directors.

When asked on Monday about the firm advising Everton, Daniel Butters, Teneo’s chief executive of financial advisory, said: “We don’t comment on any client situations.” The phone line then went dead.

Everton declined to comment.

The developments also raise questions about how long the Everton owner, Farhad Moshiri, can retain control of the club, only a month after assuring fans that 777’s takeover was entering the “home straight”.

Another set of Everton creditors – MSP and its partners, the Evertonian businessmen Andy Bell and George Downing – has loaned the club about £160m, which is secured over the new stadium development at Bramley-Moore Dock, as well as a charge over more than half of Moshiri’s 94% stake in the club, according to corporate documents filed in the Isle of Man. That consortium could use its security to take control of the club.

777 did not respond to efforts to contact the company.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #12831 on: April 30, 2024, 05:40:15 pm »
What kind of fucking tit decides to build a £500m stadium without funding in place.

Signs a fixed price contract for £500m which ends up costing £850m

And has to rely on these hustlers for money.

Worrying times

One very famous football club said to me two or three days ago 'whenever we have a problem we say 'what would the Everton board do because they always get it right?” Kenwright famously said when reflecting upon his tenure as chairman

That was a load of crap then wasn't it
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline Bob Harris

• Main Stander
  • "for relaxing times, make it suntory time"
« Reply #12832 on: April 30, 2024, 05:47:32 pm »
Is there a chance that my team fleetwood 1st away game in L2 next season could be against these in a half finished unpaid stadium or woodison, or are they more likely to be demoted to northen premier or the equivalent of the old Beazer Homes league ?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #12833 on: April 30, 2024, 06:06:52 pm »
(*) A source close to EFC told Josimar that the club had enough cash available to honour payroll commitments until the end of the summer.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12834 on: April 30, 2024, 06:10:26 pm »
(*) A source close to EFC told Josimar that the club had enough cash available to honour payroll commitments until the end of the summer.
If I was (by some great misfortune) an employee of Everton FC, I'd be asking HR to see an up-to-date statement of their pension fund.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12835 on: April 30, 2024, 06:32:53 pm »

A bit like Chelsea anybody wanting an Everton player this summer needs to sit tight. Speaks volumes that at this point last season they had Onana and Pickford in the shop window for the right price. Right now, crickets.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12836 on: April 30, 2024, 07:25:20 pm »
I think there are some very dark days ahead for Everton. I don't live locally so in a way I'm not qualified to say it, but I almost don't begrudge them the derby win, as that might be it, for a very long time.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #12837 on: April 30, 2024, 07:31:05 pm »

"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12838 on: April 30, 2024, 07:36:22 pm »
Guardian explainer says they owe RMF £225 m at 10.25% interest.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/30/everton-crisis-explained

That is mental

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #12839 on: April 30, 2024, 08:12:28 pm »
Do you think clinging onto their PL status one more year, even under administration, is going to be the lifebelt they desperately need? It could just as easily be the millstone that eventually drags them under. I mean who'd have thought Houdini would die of a ruptured appendix?

Fuck?!?  Houdini's dead?!  What a way to find out.
TheMissionary
YNWA