Author Topic: Everton - The 777 Unflushables  (Read 752970 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
Re: Everton - The Unflushables
« Reply #440 on: August 15, 2023, 02:08:28 pm »
Tragic. RIP     

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: August 15, 2023, 03:24:00 pm »
EXCLUSIVE: Premier League introduce new rule following Everton's FFP charges last season that will see clubs with a recent history of overspending submit their accounts THREE MONTHS earlier than the rest of the top flight

The Premier League have introduced a new rule following Everton’s Financial Fair Play charges last season which compels clubs with a recent history of overspending to submit their accounts three months before the rest of the top flight.

Under Rule E.48 clubs who are forecasting losses must file audited accounts to the Premier League by December 31 rather than the standard March 31 deadline.

The new regulation is an attempt by the Premier League to ensure that any disciplinary cases arising from alleged breaches of FFP rules are dealt with before the end of the same season.

Several clubs complained to the Premier League about Everton's charges not being heard by the end of last season, thus enabling them to avoid a potential points deduction and escape relegation.

Everton have denied any wrongdoing and vowed to robustly defend themselves at an independent commission later this year, but other clubs have been openly sceptical of their protestations of innocence.

As revealed by Mail Sport, Southampton, Leicester, Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Burnley wrote to the Premier League at the end of last season arguing that they should be entitled to share compensation of up to £300million if Everton are subsequently found guilty of breaching spending rules, as well as warning the Premier League that they could become party to the dispute.

The Premier League have responded promptly with a rule change intended to help resolve cases quicker and reduce the potential for acrimony between clubs, which has been a long-running feature of the Everton saga.

The Merseyside club infuriated many of their rivals by escaping FFP charges for the 2021/22 season despite recording losses of £371.8m for the three-year accounting period when the Premier League limit is £105m, but were subsequently charged with a rule breach for the next three-year period in March 2023.

The Premier League’s disciplinary hearing is not due to take place until October however so any points deduction in the event of a guilty verdict would apply to this season, a situation which other clubs deem to be unsatisfactory.

The new accounting rules will only apply to clubs who have an aggregated loss on their Adjusted Earnings for the previous two years, which based on recent results could include Everton, Chelsea and Wolves.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12408661/Premier-League-introduce-new-rule-following-Evertons-FFP-charges-season-clubs-recent-history-overspending-submit-accounts-THREE-MONTHS-earlier-rest-flight.html
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #442 on: August 15, 2023, 03:30:16 pm »
Let’s hope any point deduction this season will be enough to send them down. So far 1 played and 1 loss…good start

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #443 on: August 15, 2023, 03:31:32 pm »

Excellent news! that means Abu Dhabi can refuse to submit their records earlier.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #444 on: August 15, 2023, 05:13:19 pm »
The young man who sadly lost his life yesterday on the BMD build has been named as Michael Jones from Kirkby. A lifelong Everton fan too.

RIP Michael. 💙
I expect Everton will mark his passing somewhere on the BMD site. It's the sort of thing they do well.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: August 15, 2023, 05:58:58 pm »
I think we can probably forego the piss taking for a couple of days in light of the recent tragedy at their new ground, RIP.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #446 on: August 15, 2023, 06:07:43 pm »
I think we can probably forego the piss taking for a couple of days in light of the recent tragedy at their new ground, RIP.

:thumbup

As I said in the other thread, Michael was a friend of a friend. Never had the pleasure of meeting him but he was lovely lad by all accounts and my heart breaks for his family, friends and co-workers.

There was lots of Chinese whispers and WhatsApp messages going around yesterday before anyone really had a clue who'd been hurt, I'm sure most others who live and work in the area experienced the same thing. It turns out some of his family members were in some of these WhatsApp groups and had to see unpleasant stuff, not knowing that unpleasant stuff was about their relative. I wish people would take a bit more care with this stuff.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #447 on: August 15, 2023, 06:28:18 pm »
Absolutely.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #448 on: August 15, 2023, 11:24:13 pm »

Absolutely.

RIP Michael. Condolences to family, friends, co-workers and EFC.
We are Liverpool!

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #449 on: August 16, 2023, 05:37:47 pm »
RIP Michael.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #450 on: August 16, 2023, 05:41:14 pm »
Yes, Everton have always been respectful, we do the same
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: August 16, 2023, 07:07:48 pm »
The young man who sadly lost his life yesterday on the BMD build has been named as Michael Jones from Kirkby. A lifelong Everton fan too.

RIP Michael. 💙
Tragic. Big love to his family, friends, loved ones and colleagues.

Maybe it's because of where I am in my life, with a son of my own, but I got to thinking how proud, how made up he would have been as an Evertonian to be working on BMD. He probably thought about rocking up there with his children and being able to say "I had a part in building that". And now that future has been so tragically taken away from him.

Bless his soul and RIP

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: August 16, 2023, 08:17:18 pm »
Tragic. Big love to his family, friends, loved ones and colleagues.

Maybe it's because of where I am in my life, with a son of my own, but I got to thinking how proud, how made up he would have been as an Evertonian to be working on BMD. He probably thought about rocking up there with his children and being able to say "I had a part in building that". And now that future has been so tragically taken away from him.

Bless his soul and RIP
I passed BMD last night and doffed my imaginary cap to the poor fella. Similar thoughts to yours passed through my mind at the time. He'd have been so proud being part of that build. Imagine being able to show his future family which bricks he laid or which roof beam he helped assemble.

My Dad helped build the Buckets Fountain in Beetham Plaza, Liverpool city centre. It went up in 1967. I remember him taking a very young me down there to show me. He was proud, and I was proud of him too. My Dad did that. So I can see how proud this avid Blue would have been to be part of building part of the very fabric of his club.

I never knew Michael Jones, but his loss has still touched me. I feel for all those who knew and loved him. 💙
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #453 on: August 16, 2023, 10:20:19 pm »
RIP Michael.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: August 16, 2023, 10:55:59 pm »
I passed BMD last night and doffed my imaginary cap to the poor fella. Similar thoughts to yours passed through my mind at the time. He'd have been so proud being part of that build. Imagine being able to show his future family which bricks he laid or which roof beam he helped assemble.

My Dad helped build the Buckets Fountain in Beetham Plaza, Liverpool city centre. It went up in 1967. I remember him taking a very young me down there to show me. He was proud, and I was proud of him too. My Dad did that. So I can see how proud this avid Blue would have been to be part of building part of the very fabric of his club.

I never knew Michael Jones, but his loss has still touched me. I feel for all those who knew and loved him. 💙
I’ll do the same when I go past next time. A truly awful thing to happen and heartfelt sympathy to Michael’s friends, family and colleagues. I hope they commemorate him somehow because it may help his family in some small, but significant way.

Nice story about bucket fountain. I remember as a kid, my grandad taking me to see it, I was fascinated. I’d actually forgotten where it was in town and only rediscovered it a couple of years ago. Only went past a few weeks ago.

Offline rednose54

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #455 on: August 17, 2023, 04:57:48 am »
RIP Michael  condolences to family and loved ones .
LIVERPOOL FC SHOULD NOT PLAY A GAME OF FOOTBALL ON THE 15TH APRIL.

NOT THIS YEAR OR ANY YEAR.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #456 on: August 19, 2023, 02:59:22 pm »

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #457 on: August 19, 2023, 07:24:07 pm »
That was good stuff.

Well done to all.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: August 20, 2023, 01:00:12 am »
RIP Michael ☹️

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #459 on: August 20, 2023, 01:10:36 am »

The lad on the left is my nephew . Him and Michael were close , they grew up together , besties an ' all that. It 's the second time he's walked before The Kop with a remembrance banner and the first was his Fathers . That must've took some strengh. Go ' ead lad !
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #460 on: August 20, 2023, 10:47:04 am »
Sad news and a timely reminder, if needed, about the risks inherent on large scale projects.

I worked in Wallasey and would often walk past the memorial at Seacombe to the nine men who died building the Kingsway Tunnel and gave me pause about the dangers faced by construction workers.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 10:50:20 am by So… Howard Philips »

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: August 20, 2023, 02:44:59 pm »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #462 on: August 20, 2023, 02:55:40 pm »
Summary of their precipitous position in The Guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/aug/19/everton-teeter-on-the-brink-after-30-years-of-mismanagement

I thought that was a decent summation by Wilson. Next weekend is a massive fixture for them. On paper, they had a favourable early season fixture list but failing to beat this Wolves side at home could have ramifications later on.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #463 on: August 20, 2023, 03:08:30 pm »
I thought that was a decent summation by Wilson. Next weekend is a massive fixture for them. On paper, they had a favourable early season fixture list but failing to beat this Wolves side at home could have ramifications later on.

Some of the comments under it  from those in denial are crazy
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: August 20, 2023, 03:23:26 pm »
I thought Rafa was the problem…?

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: August 20, 2023, 03:49:42 pm »
This is it lads. The turds are circling the bowl and will finally flush this season.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: August 20, 2023, 03:50:29 pm »
I thought Rafa was the problem…?

Dyche is as good a manager as they will get. If he cannot get a tune out of these no marks, you have to fear for them.
Justice for the 96!

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: August 20, 2023, 03:51:33 pm »
I wonder if the bitters are still happy they stayed up?
They could e enjoyed a thrilling 1-0 win against Rotherham this weekend instead of this battering!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #468 on: August 20, 2023, 03:52:56 pm »
No chance are these going down, when you have the likes of Sheff United, Luton and Burnley going up

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #469 on: August 20, 2023, 03:55:12 pm »
They won't go down, there will undoubtedly be 3 teams worse than them.

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #470 on: August 20, 2023, 03:56:13 pm »
They are just the best aren't they. I love them.  No matter how hungover you are, no matter how much pain you feel, no matter how little food you have in the house when all you want is a simple toasted cheese and ham sandwich. The blues will never fail to make you feel great about your life.

I don't them to ever go down. I want them to finish 17th forever.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: August 20, 2023, 03:59:30 pm »
I love when that happens. You just browse online to see if there are any games today, and you find out the Shite are playing and are losing 4-0.  :lmao

Super Sunday, indeed.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: August 20, 2023, 04:02:57 pm »
As usual for me, whether they go down is irrelevant. They certainly deserve to, but enjoying a season of Evertonians bricking themselves for 38 games is bags of fun. :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #473 on: August 20, 2023, 04:05:31 pm »
Goals scored 0 this season.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #474 on: August 20, 2023, 04:07:31 pm »
Is this the earliest that the Ev have been in the bottom 3?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #475 on: August 20, 2023, 04:08:36 pm »
Grim stuff from them, compounded by the fact they've likely lost Iwobi and Calvert-Lewin for at least a month.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #476 on: August 20, 2023, 04:09:15 pm »
So, they've not improved then :D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #477 on: August 20, 2023, 04:09:30 pm »
Grim stuff from them, compounded by the fact they've likely lost Iwobi and Calvert-Lewin for at least a month.
They won't harp on about injuries though, plenty of other clubs doing that
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #478 on: August 20, 2023, 04:09:39 pm »
Is this the earliest that the Ev have been in the bottom 3?

They were in the bottom three after two games last season as well

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #479 on: August 20, 2023, 04:10:24 pm »
They were in the bottom three after two games last season as well
Ah thanks. Dang! I thought we had another record for them