Author Topic: 115 charges for the scorched earth cheating bastards on & off the pitch  (Read 480904 times)

Offline Cheshire_Cat

• Anny Roader
Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards on & off the pitch - 115 Charges
« Reply #6080 on: May 23, 2024, 04:12:41 pm »
Would be quite funny if that’s the day after they lose the cup final to their city rivals.

They could share the bus! Brexit Jim would approve of that!

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6081 on: May 23, 2024, 04:20:09 pm »
West Ham's Pacqueta has been charged.

Maybe he can join Man City, by which he'll then be able to get away with it?

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6082 on: May 23, 2024, 04:35:15 pm »
West Ham's Pacqueta has been charged.

Maybe he can join Man City, by which he'll then be able to get away with it?

Should definitely join them,what's a few more charges on top of their 115+ and cheaty can afford to put a couple a lawyers from their huge legal team on his case.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6083 on: May 23, 2024, 04:44:55 pm »
Few of them getting giddy on twitter having heard they're getting "cleared of all charges later this year"...

I don't believe it.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #6084 on: May 23, 2024, 06:17:41 pm »
Few of them getting giddy on twitter having heard they're getting "cleared of all charges later this year"...

I don't believe it.

Money talks.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6085 on: May 23, 2024, 06:31:56 pm »
Money talks.

The premier league will look effing stupid. It won't be as simple as that. The "big" clubs won't allow it all to just get brushed away.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #6086 on: May 23, 2024, 06:33:42 pm »
The premier league will look effing stupid. It won't be as simple as that. The "big" clubs won't allow it all to just get brushed away.

UEFA looked silly after their attempt to deal with them too.

I'm sure it won't be brushed away though, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are handed "heavy" fines, deferred for years.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6087 on: May 23, 2024, 06:39:00 pm »
Apparently it was that Tolmie character who said they will be cleared. You know, the same ‘ITK’ who said the club had sent all them cease and desist letters that don’t exist.
If they are cleared then the PL is dead

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #6088 on: May 23, 2024, 07:10:15 pm »
Would be quite funny if that’s the day after they lose the cup final to their city rivals.

Nice avatar Nick.  ;D
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6089 on: May 23, 2024, 08:57:44 pm »
Wouldn't they have to have the actual trial (or whatever the upcoming legal proceeding is technically called) in order to be 'cleared' of charges? Or at least get something in front of whatever authority is allowed to dismiss said charges?

I have very little hope that they're going to be punished at the end of this, but I can't see the PL dropping the charges. And barring that, the only 'good' outcomes for City are an acquittal or a settlement - and the latter would definitely be perceived as an admission of guilt.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6090 on: May 23, 2024, 09:34:19 pm »
The players chose to play for a club they'd never heard of growing up, they know who pays their wages and how, so they're just as guilty as Ped

Can never be said enough. Fuck the lot of them.

Aside from those who were already there at the start of the City "project", or those who signed for them early on, the players who joined them knew exactly who the owners were, what the purpose of it all was, and how fake, artifical and unearned the club's standing was.

DeBruyne, Haaland, Aguero and all their other "legends" are dickheads who happily took the money and medals to do some serious sportswashing.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 09:39:57 pm by decosabute »

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #6091 on: May 23, 2024, 10:13:18 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3gglne0r5ro

"The internet take-up for Manchester City pictures is really poor," says Eamonn.

"All the data and statistics tell the media that there is no point buying in Manchester City stuff because advertisers won't pay for it."

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #6092 on: May 23, 2024, 10:36:31 pm »
""Guardiola lives in a serviced apartment hotel place in Manchester city centre - he has hen nights sharing the same lift as him," says James.".

So he hangs around in a lift waiting for hen parties. Must be a crowded lift. Is there a bar in the lift......what about a loo? Is the floor and cable reinforced? Is it by invite only or can anyone join?
#JFT97

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6093 on: May 23, 2024, 10:44:12 pm »
He’s a strange one

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #6094 on: May 23, 2024, 10:50:03 pm »

I don't believe it.

The league is toast if that shall come to pass. I think loads of people will be walking away if 115 come out of this without proper punishment. I mean what is the point anymore?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 10:54:46 pm by LFCEmpire »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6095 on: May 23, 2024, 10:54:50 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c3gglne0r5ro

That can't be right. They've the highest revenue in the league. They're massive all over the world.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6096 on: May 23, 2024, 11:23:31 pm »
That can't be right. They've the highest revenue in the league. They're massive all over the world.
Ah, yes, but their world ends at the Stockport boundary.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6097 on: May 24, 2024, 02:02:59 am »

I don't believe it.

Whatever people say about our owners occasionally missing the mark on some of their decisions, they're bloody vocal if they feel there is an uneven rule for one and not others.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #6098 on: May 24, 2024, 07:42:36 am »

I get this.

But surely from the other side there’s huge political pressure not to punish City too harshly (if found guilty)?

I’m not sure how this all plays out but it feels way more than just City and PL (and by extension the other PL clubs).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #6099 on: May 24, 2024, 07:44:02 am »
If City gets cleared of all charges I think that's where I tap out. With some of the decisions I've seen go against us in recent years, I'm almost there already.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6100 on: May 24, 2024, 07:46:59 am »
I get this.

But surely from the other side there’s huge political pressure not to punish City too harshly (if found guilty)?

I’m not sure how this all plays out but it feels way more than just City and PL (and by extension the other PL clubs).
Surely such pressure then proves what we all know anyway. Namely that they are state owned. Something they've always denied and isn't allowed here.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6101 on: May 24, 2024, 08:02:50 am »
If City gets cleared of all charges I think that's where I tap out. With some of the decisions I've seen go against us in recent years, I'm almost there already.

Last season (23/24) alone has made me want to give it all up but if they get away with it then i completely agree, what's the point?

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6102 on: May 24, 2024, 08:12:01 am »
Option 1: relegate City
Option 2: strip them of their titles

Either option is okay with me because if they are relegated but keep their titles those titles will be tainted anyway and if they are stripped of their titles but remain in the league they will be viewed as a joke.
If none of that happens then there was no point in the FA wasting everyone's time in the first place.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6103 on: May 24, 2024, 08:12:07 am »
""Guardiola lives in a serviced apartment hotel place in Manchester city centre - he has hen nights sharing the same lift as him," says James.".

So he hangs around in a lift waiting for hen parties. Must be a crowded lift. Is there a bar in the lift......what about a loo? Is the floor and cable reinforced? Is it by invite only or can anyone join?

He just stands in the corner

Spitting

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6104 on: May 24, 2024, 08:33:40 am »
If none of that happens then there was no point in the FA wasting everyone's time in the first place.

This is nothing to do with the FA. Arguably it should be but they seem to have no interest in governing the sport at club level.

It’s the Premier League who are bringing the charges. That means if they do strip them of their titles, it’s only the league titles that can be stripped, not the cups.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6105 on: May 24, 2024, 08:36:00 am »
If Abu Dhabi are not punished then there is literally no point in continuing to be invested in the game. It would just be like Lance Armstrong getting let off and all the other cyclists still competing against him knowing he is playing by different rules.
We, as fans, should then either make feelings known through protests and boycotts. Or, just fuck the game off as it’s rigged.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6106 on: May 24, 2024, 08:37:41 am »
Option 1: relegate City
Option 2: strip them of their titles

Either option is okay with me because if they are relegated but keep their titles those titles will be tainted anyway and if they are stripped of their titles but remain in the league they will be viewed as a joke.

Juventus coped both.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6107 on: May 24, 2024, 08:57:48 am »

I'll be gone if that happens. I love our football club, but that will serious fuck with my sense of fairness - so i'll jib it before i become too angry with the charade.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6108 on: May 24, 2024, 09:09:22 am »
Is there any doubt at all on this that they'll get found not guilty on all charges due to lack of concrete evidence or other loopholes. You see rapists like Greenwood get off scot free and continue living their multi millionnaire life even though there was video evidence. They can easily get away with this with enough money and legal loopholes.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6109 on: May 24, 2024, 09:17:15 am »
The PL would lose all credibility if they were to drop all those charges. They can’t initiate that and then suddenly back down without serious questions being asked.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6110 on: May 24, 2024, 09:17:36 am »
The problem here is the same one we have with VAR. When VAR gives a team a shitty decision, oppo fans don’t support them. It’s all banter with no unified response from fans. With city’s cheating, their irrelevance means oppo fans are ‘bantering’ about the big team that lost. I know I celebrated the aguero moment because it meant Utd lost out.

As the super league thing showed, fans have incredible power when they’re together on something.

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6111 on: May 24, 2024, 09:25:17 am »
The PL would lose all credibility if they were to drop all those charges. They can’t initiate that and then suddenly back down without serious questions being asked.

Why not? Who's going to ask questions of them? And what would come of it if they did?

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6112 on: May 24, 2024, 09:29:25 am »
The problem here is the same one we have with VAR. When VAR gives a team a shitty decision, oppo fans don’t support them. It’s all banter with no unified response from fans. With city’s cheating, their irrelevance means oppo fans are ‘bantering’ about the big team that lost. I know I celebrated the aguero moment because it meant Utd lost out.

As the super league thing showed, fans have incredible power when they’re together on something.

100% the last decade has been about Manu, Liverpool, and Arsenal losing the league than City winning the league. I have to include myself in that.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6113 on: May 24, 2024, 09:38:17 am »
Is there any doubt at all on this that they'll get found not guilty on all charges due to lack of concrete evidence or other loopholes. You see rapists like Greenwood get off scot free and continue living their multi millionnaire life even though there was video evidence. They can easily get away with this with enough money and legal loopholes.

There are no legal loopholes because this is not a court of law, it's an internal Premier League hearing and process. The loopholes were used already. Their attorneys have taken this to outside courts and lost every single time, they tried to fight even having this process - they lost. Now that it is happening there are no laws but the rules of Premier League they can use to fight any of the charges. That's all - rules of the league. And we all know how much they care about those and how far they went in breaking them.

My worry isn't that they'll get off for charges we're currently discussing. My concern is they won't be forced to reveal what they are hiding and the period from 2018 onwards won't be properly investigated and examined. That is the type of settlement City will definitely take, because it would prevent the world from seeing how far it all went. I'm 10000% convinced the Spiegel leaks are nothing but a tip of the iceberg. Because it has to be. Because those documents demonstrate what is basically a criminal organisation - seeped to the bone in corruption, built upon and from corruption with a major chip on it's shoulder and utter disdain for the law. So letting them get away without fully uncovering the scope of their corruption is my main concern.

I hope that basically in the same week this case is resolved (minus appeals) Premier League announces the next steps towards uncovering the full scope of their practices.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #6114 on: May 24, 2024, 09:40:01 am »
UEFA looked silly after their attempt to deal with them too.

I'm sure it won't be brushed away though, but it wouldn't surprise me if they are handed "heavy" fines, deferred for years.
They beat UEFA charges on a technicality.
Even though they were still found guilty and fined, Pep immediately appeared drinking champagne and declaring their innocence.
Champions League ban lifted.
Within a couple of years they win Champions League.
Hardly a whisper about UEFA charges in media as they win big ears. (Despite the 115 PL charges)
They (City and media) have proved they can easily gaslight a narrative through fines and grey outcomes.
Premier League care about their image and brand, not integrity and fairness.
PL owners care about money.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6115 on: May 24, 2024, 09:49:30 am »
Juventus coped both.
As should Abu Dhabi. Anything less is a cop-out.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6116 on: May 24, 2024, 11:25:52 am »
There are no legal loopholes because this is not a court of law, it's an internal Premier League hearing and process. The loopholes were used already. Their attorneys have taken this to outside courts and lost every single time, they tried to fight even having this process - they lost. Now that it is happening there are no laws but the rules of Premier League they can use to fight any of the charges. That's all - rules of the league. And we all know how much they care about those and how far they went in breaking them.

My worry isn't that they'll get off for charges we're currently discussing. My concern is they won't be forced to reveal what they are hiding and the period from 2018 onwards won't be properly investigated and examined. That is the type of settlement City will definitely take, because it would prevent the world from seeing how far it all went. I'm 10000% convinced the Spiegel leaks are nothing but a tip of the iceberg. Because it has to be. Because those documents demonstrate what is basically a criminal organisation - seeped to the bone in corruption, built upon and from corruption with a major chip on it's shoulder and utter disdain for the law. So letting them get away without fully uncovering the scope of their corruption is my main concern.

I hope that basically in the same week this case is resolved (minus appeals) Premier League announces the next steps towards uncovering the full scope of their practices.

That's the point, they weren't found innocent. The case was time barred and not once did City prove the allocations false.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #6117 on: May 24, 2024, 12:28:22 pm »
Nice of Mo to get a haircut in time for the Cup final. Should hopefully knock those two sides off the back pages  :D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6119 on: May 24, 2024, 01:00:52 pm »
Interesting.

https://x.com/KoptasticNeil/status/1793759475221844460

That’s been common knowledge, all season.
No one that matters cares. And no one that doesn’t matter has the energy or desire to protest it - apart from a few social media vids like this.

It’s the apathy and complacency of the PL - the fans, and far too much of the media (and loads of them are likely on the payroll too of course).