Author Topic: 115 charges for the scorched earth cheating bastards on & off the pitch  (Read 480309 times)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - Cheating Bastards on & off the pitch - 115 Charges
« Reply #6001 on: May 22, 2024, 06:24:39 am »
If they’re not punished severely then it’s up to the fans to boycott every game involving them. I believe that is the only way.

I'd prefer an away fan boycott. Some of the smaller clubs cannot afford to turn down the income from a match and it would impact the likelihood of getting a TV game. I know it's only 1 match per season per team.

However, seeing the away section of EVERY Man City match being devoid of supporters would have such an impact. Both visually, but definitely audibly as there would be no singing fans. An away team scoring a goal and running to an empty section to celebrate would be gold.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #6002 on: May 22, 2024, 06:35:15 am »
I'd prefer an away fan boycott. Some of the smaller clubs cannot afford to turn down the income from a match and it would impact the likelihood of getting a TV game. I know it's only 1 match per season per team.

However, seeing the away section of EVERY Man City match being devoid of supporters would have such an impact. Both visually, but definitely audibly as there would be no singing fans. An away team scoring a goal and running to an empty section to celebrate would be gold.

Boycotts happen in Germany, i think Leipzig & Hoffenheim are still widely boycotted, both because they ignore the 50+1 ownership, but away fan boycotts won't happen in the premier league, no chance Ipswich fans boycotting City away next season.
#Sausages

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6003 on: May 22, 2024, 07:18:43 am »
If it doesn’t then the PL are going to look incredibly stupid for starting proceedings and then not seeing them through, and they can’t dock Everton and Notts Forest points and give City a lesser punishment, as I said yesterday the PL have now gone well past the point of no return.

It always felt to me the Everton and Forest punishments were to lay a marker and that’s my hope they do want to punish cheaty and that’s why they went hard on those two so there is now clear precedent. Just need to prove they cheated.

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
    • X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd
« Reply #6004 on: May 22, 2024, 07:32:14 am »
Sports washing

Sportswashing isn’t a means for getting off the charges, though it might be their incentive for doing so. They can pressure the government all they want, all the government can do is pressure the Premier league it can’t officially interfere with the case.

It always felt to me the Everton and Forest punishments were to lay a marker and that’s my hope they do want to punish cheaty and that’s why they went hard on those two so there is now clear precedent. Just need to prove they cheated.

That’s the thing though, they have proved they’ve cheated. They wouldn’t have charged them otherwise. They can try and get the charges dismissed all they want but this isn’t a legal case, so illegally obtained evidence is fine to use, there is not time-barring, there is no appealing to CAS and no incentive for the other clubs in the Premier League to accept someone cheating, when it negatively impacts all their bank balances.

If City aren’t basically dissolved as a club by the end of the process then something’s gone wrong. Once the Premier League kick them out, the football league need to do the same and the FA should strip them of their license.

We’ll see what happens, and I do get the cynicism from people given what’s come before, but this is a different playing field, and that should see them finally punished.
"Believe you are the best, then make sure that you are." - Shankly

X / Twitter: @TheLiverNerd - https://x.com/TheLiverNerd

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6005 on: May 22, 2024, 07:49:32 am »
The whole point of Sportswashing is to launder your reputation and improve how people perceive you. If the media and supporters as a whole turn on City because it's not Liverpool they're title-blocking then the entire process begins to backfire, yes?

Getting off on technicalities will only get you so far when it's only City's "fanbase", dim witted, short term thinking politicians, your paid bots and shills espousing your sporting prowess.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6006 on: May 22, 2024, 08:26:24 am »
Getting off on technicalities will only get you so far when it's only City's "fanbase", dim witted, short term thinking politicians, your paid bots and shills espousing your sporting prowess.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6007 on: May 22, 2024, 08:33:33 am »
I dont get all this why dont we, man u, arse etc. all just fuck off to the EFL.

Theres no way that we'll rule out Champions League/Uefa footy which I presume joining the EFL would mean

And if we don't want promotion back to the PL, if we'd ever be allowed, what do we have? Not sure any of the teams in the EFL would welcome Juggernaughts like us either
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6008 on: May 22, 2024, 08:44:27 am »
The level of delusion in here about them getting point deductions is ridiculous. It's never going to happen.
Same was said about 115 get charged at all.

"Never going to happen".

Yet here we are.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6009 on: May 22, 2024, 08:56:10 am »
I dont get all this why dont we, man u, arse etc. all just fuck off to the EFL.

Theres no way that we'll rule out Champions League/Uefa footy which I presume joining the EFL would mean

And if we don't want promotion back to the PL, if we'd ever be allowed, what do we have? Not sure any of the teams in the EFL would welcome Juggernaughts like us either

Because if we go, the rest go, as the money will follow us. Do you think TNT and Sky will be interested in a league that doesn't contain Liverpool, Utd and Arsenal? That's why the ESL shit them up so much, they thought the cash cows would eventually leave the PL. If we go to the EFL, that's millions upon millions of worldwide fans who will immediately switch off the PL, sponsors will be not want to pay anymore, the money stops, the clubs who live off us, which is about 16 clubs, need the money, so they follow and then the PL ceases to exist. You can't have a 2 or 3 team league - UEFA will still allow the top division into the CL, it'll just be the EFL's top division - same as when the PL was formed.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6010 on: May 22, 2024, 09:04:16 am »
First of all, it's not a given that all charges will be proven. How much is actually proven will pretty much determine what happens next. There is a certain threshold of evidence (combined with club's behaviour through the process) and if it's reached the only reasonable conclusion would be that the charges made and the evidence uncovered by Spiegel are nothing but the tip of the iceberg. If this happens this process by EPL could be only the beginning and City could get the worst punishment of all - a full investigation into their business practices and a ban until they comply. That is what City will be afraid of and that is what they are battling against. I bet they would gladly take a 30 point deduction, two year transfer ban and a huge financial fine - if it meant the verdict delivered draws a line under the whole thing and the process is closed. But there is a point where one could only conclude this is an organisation that from the very start did not care about the rules, does not care about the rules and never will care about the rules. How do you sell to other clubs that this is something they should tolerate?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #6011 on: May 22, 2024, 09:07:44 am »
First of all, it's not a given that all charges will be proven. How much is actually proven will pretty much determine what happens next. There is a certain threshold of evidence (combined with club's behaviour through the process) and if it's reached the only reasonable conclusion would be that the charges made and the evidence uncovered by Spiegel are nothing but the tip of the iceberg. If this happens this process by EPL could be only the beginning and City could get the worst punishment of all - a full investigation into their business practices and a ban until they comply. That is what City will be afraid of and that is what they are battling against. I bet they would gladly take a 30 point deduction, two year transfer ban and a huge financial fine - if it meant the verdict delivered draws a line under the whole thing and the process is closed. But there is a point where one could only conclude this is an organisation that from the very start did not care about the rules, does not care about the rules and never will care about the rules. How do you sell to other clubs that this is something they should tolerate?

In other jurisdictions the tax man would already sniffing around at the hint of under the table payments.

Not here though. HMRC more interested in hounding a self employed hairdresser who works for cash only on a Sunday.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6012 on: May 22, 2024, 09:20:07 am »
Sportswashing isn’t a means for getting off the charges, though it might be their incentive for doing so. They can pressure the government all they want, all the government can do is pressure the Premier league it can’t officially interfere with the case.

That’s the thing though, they have proved they’ve cheated. They wouldn’t have charged them otherwise. They can try and get the charges dismissed all they want but this isn’t a legal case, so illegally obtained evidence is fine to use, there is not time-barring, there is no appealing to CAS and no incentive for the other clubs in the Premier League to accept someone cheating, when it negatively impacts all their bank balances.

If City aren’t basically dissolved as a club by the end of the process then something’s gone wrong. Once the Premier League kick them out, the football league need to do the same and the FA should strip them of their license.

We’ll see what happens, and I do get the cynicism from people given what’s come before, but this is a different playing field, and that should see them finally punished.

Good point, can as part of this access to their bank accounts be requested? Surely that literally proves one way or another?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6013 on: May 22, 2024, 09:21:59 am »
There’s no way they’re getting properly punished.

There’s no way they’re losing any titles.

This won’t be decided by any tribunal, independent or otherwise. it’ll be grubby little behind closed doors deals at the very highest level.

They’ve got too much money, influence and power, and they basically own the fucking British “establishment”.

It’ll be a £50m fine, ten points off, and a “now never do that again boys”.

Then that’ll all get halved on appeal, and justice will be served.
Oh come on now. They aren't state owned, so there will be no government involvement at all. In fact, the rulers of Abu Dhabi will be coming down hard on the owners of the ex Manchester City themselves, for bringing the good name of their state into disrepute. The British government will welcome this clamp down.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #6014 on: May 22, 2024, 09:46:19 am »
The government can’t actually stop the Premier League from punishing City however they want can they?
A few strategically placed peerages knighthoods and gongs (various) usually does the trick.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6015 on: May 22, 2024, 09:51:14 am »
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6016 on: May 22, 2024, 09:57:43 am »
The government can’t actually stop the Premier League from punishing City however they want can they?

Of course they can.

If I was betting on the outcome I'd say there'll be some secret settlement, probably a very big fine that'll never be disclosed. City journalists and fans will describe it as an exoneration, Sky etc will pretend nothing ever happened and the Saudi's will go fucking nuclear over in Newcastle. EPL up in smoke, goodnight Vienna.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #6017 on: May 22, 2024, 10:16:49 am »
Of course they can.

If I was betting on the outcome I'd say there'll be some secret settlement, probably a very big fine that'll never be disclosed. City journalists and fans will describe it as an exoneration, Sky etc will pretend nothing ever happened and the Saudi's will go fucking nuclear over in Newcastle. EPL up in smoke, goodnight Vienna.

That is pretty grim mate.

If this ever happens I hope we fuck the PL off and join another league. I mean why bother competing if you are being cheated?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6018 on: May 22, 2024, 11:41:17 am »
https://x.com/FootyAccums/status/1792543295844880775

Problem is this goes way beyond football
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6019 on: May 22, 2024, 11:43:53 am »
https://x.com/CraigEvans_LFC/status/1792821545251090688

Which is why we always get stung with the TNT 12:30s. Hopefully they stop stiffing us with the games they choose to move. They've been trolling Klopp.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6020 on: May 22, 2024, 11:46:22 am »

They could force the saudicastle takeover through so I'm guessing yes they can.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6021 on: May 22, 2024, 11:52:01 am »
Will the likely change in UK government have any influence on this?

Also I really don't see a way for this to be covered up wihtout leaving a bad smell behind and once that happens, other clubs, with owners who don't give a sweet cuddly fuck about UK government and their schemes would go apeshit. I'm pretty sure that FSG would not look kindly at their efforts at building the club a proper way - be ruined by blatant corruption. What would FSG or Kroenke have to lose here? They might as well go full nuclear at the Premier League if it stinks of a cover up/slap on wrist.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #6022 on: May 22, 2024, 11:53:41 am »
The idea that De Bruyne, Silva et al will end their careers with the same amount of winners medals as Harry Kane is simply glorious. At the moment there's still hope...

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6023 on: May 22, 2024, 12:22:02 pm »
Yeah I'm not expecting anything significant to happen to them. The talk of relegation, titles stripped is wishful thinking. The UK governement are more corrupt than UAE, which is saying something. They'll bend over backwards to ensure the funding is still coming over, if that means Cheaty gets off scot-free and damage the PL brand in the process then so be it. A hefty fine and a 15-point deduction is what I'm expecting.

Yeah, not convinced Labour would be more willing to tackle it either.
Look at Burnham, he's been stuck on the Abu Dhabi teat from the get go.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #6024 on: May 22, 2024, 12:45:15 pm »
Carra should say on tv ‘As far as I’m concerned I won the league in etc etc’ then state why.

Then watch The blue side of Manchester blow it’s fucking head off with a double barrelled shot gun filled with farts that smell like the stone roses greasy manc chip fat haircuts
:lmao :lmao

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6025 on: May 22, 2024, 12:53:36 pm »
Same was said about 115 get charged at all.

"Never going to happen".

Yet here we are.

Charging them means nothing without follow through

I'll be delighted if they do anything in terms of actual real world punishment but they've just sat back for years and let them destroy the sport i can't see them growing a set of balls now. They are probably spending more time working closely with 115 charges FC on how to minimise the bad PR from doing nothing. The very very worst i can see happening is a massive fine and maybe maybe a transfer ban for a season.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6027 on: May 22, 2024, 01:11:09 pm »
love the paddy power advert on twitter re man city
they hit the nail on the head

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6028 on: May 22, 2024, 01:20:32 pm »
Winter is a bellend.

https://x.com/offtheball/status/1792914492185092190?t=48rIjTGN4XkLA0aTt4EfsQ&s=08
It's a really weak argument.  If all clubs played within the agreed rules that they signed up for then there'd be no need for lawyers.  If Man City had not blocked and then disengaged from the process for coming on a decade then the 2023/24 title race would have been decided by players and managers (although not Man City's players and manager).

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6029 on: May 22, 2024, 01:26:19 pm »
Shouldn't he direct his complaints to people running Manchester City?
I mean, they are the ones who have ultimately failed Guardiola and his players and probably lied to them.
It's a problem that you can't punish the club without punishing the players - but that's how it is.
Tough fucking luck.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6030 on: May 22, 2024, 01:29:25 pm »
Yeah, not convinced Labour would be more willing to tackle it either.
Look at Burnham, he's been stuck on the Abu Dhabi teat from the get go.

Doesn't have to be straightforward influence either,the UAE reps can just hint when the time comes next to buy some military equipment or whatever for billions they've really liked what France has on offer recently or something like that.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #6031 on: May 22, 2024, 01:34:48 pm »
I worry that the 115 charges thing now has become a joke, just a side note snide line for social media weapons and comments sections. It's like everyone just says '115 charges' after everything, and nothing has been really said about what those charges are.

I'd be more worried about the absolute shithousery City as a club have done to stop the case, delay it, basically they spent 3 years just challenging WHY they should even hand over any information!

Fuck the charges themselves, not one pundit mentions the way they've done everything they can to stop a legitimate investigation into their finances. I feel like it's all getting lost just how devious and cunty they've been since the Premier League approached them for their info, and barely any pundit mentions that anymore. No-one mentions the clubs behaviour, or their total lack of cooperation. IMAGINE if that was us.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6032 on: May 22, 2024, 01:45:53 pm »
If the authorities fail to deal with Man City adequately, the clean clubs should band together to form a new thing and bypass the Premier League.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6033 on: May 22, 2024, 01:58:23 pm »
According to data from Blinkfire Analytics, 70 per cent more people watched Klopp’s post-match farewell than Manchester City’s title celebrations happening at the same time. On YouTube, the footage from Anfield got 44 per cent more views than events at the Etihad Stadium.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #6034 on: May 22, 2024, 02:23:45 pm »
According to data from Blinkfire Analytics, 70 per cent more people watched Klopp’s post-match farewell than Manchester City’s title celebrations happening at the same time. On YouTube, the footage from Anfield got 44 per cent more views than events at the Etihad Stadium.
That's because like a lot of us on here are fed up with watching anything that these massive cheats are involved in.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6035 on: May 22, 2024, 02:39:28 pm »
came across this this morning
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-man-city-titles-psr-b2548147.html

headline is:
The poisonous problem that could spark the Premier League’s downfall

ah, good, another media piece taking the 115 bastards to task! I thought.  anyhow they didn't dwell on them (in fact it doesn't even mention them by name ... dunno whether to laugh or cry)

but it's a good piece nonetheless.  last paragraph is good:
Given that Leicester actually started their own last Premier League era by agreeing an FFP settlement with the EFL, it means there is at least the potential for questions over the champions of 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023 and now 2024. That could see the competition’s history entirely reframed. Much of that will be settled by lawyers, which is looking a lot like the Premier League’s future.

hmmm - seems like on team did things the right way?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6036 on: May 22, 2024, 02:39:57 pm »
That's because like a lot of us on here are fed up with watching anything that these massive cheats are involved in.

Plus people from clubs outside of Mainz, Dortmund and us also actually like Kloppo and would like to watch his last game/send off.

I bet Ped has a Jurgen voodoo doll and sticks pins in it all night
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6037 on: May 22, 2024, 02:42:08 pm »
i caught a glimpse of their game - does Ped spit every 5 seconds all the fucking time now?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6038 on: May 22, 2024, 02:44:02 pm »
i caught a glimpse of their game - does Ped spit every 5 seconds all the fucking time now?

Doesn't bother me, but I know it's grossed out a couple of posters on here, might be Jill and Debs who've highlighted it
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6039 on: May 22, 2024, 02:45:50 pm »
Doesn't bother me, but I know it's grossed out a couple of posters on here, might be Jill and Debs who've highlighted it
someone spitting now and then, who cares - but it seems bloody constant from what I've noticed.  dry mouth caused by ..... ???