Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 404037 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #9720 on: May 25, 2024, 06:33:02 pm »
Something that we detest.

Look at the reaction when they renewed their deal or the reaction to Standard Chartered or even Tibet Water.

Compare that to having visit Rwanda on your shirt when the Tory government are trying to send asylum seekers there. Or taking hundreds of millions from Emirates so they can sportswash the image of the UAE.

Do you know what Axa do….

Actually forget it, I don’t want to say anymore on this.

You detest? And still take the money….

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9721 on: May 25, 2024, 06:33:20 pm »
Something that we detest.

Look at the reaction when they renewed their deal or the reaction to Standard Chartered or even Tibet Water.

Compare that to having visit Rwanda on your shirt when the Tory government are trying to send asylum seekers there. Or taking hundreds of millions from Emirates so they can sportswash the image of the UAE.

Trust you to give him the serious answer...  :boxhead
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #9722 on: May 25, 2024, 06:35:12 pm »
To be fair mate, City also dropped 5 points in their final two games last season when they'd already won it and had the CL final to come.

Shhhusssh it doesn’t fit his agenda of only Arsenal being able to challenge city

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9723 on: May 25, 2024, 06:39:46 pm »
Totally, everyone is happy. You with winning a trophy, us for challenging for the title.
Spursy

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9724 on: May 25, 2024, 06:41:50 pm »
Spursy

;D

He’s sulking, leave him be  ;D

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9725 on: May 25, 2024, 06:42:16 pm »
Spursy

They wish, their title challenge is celebrating city goals.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9726 on: May 25, 2024, 06:43:28 pm »
The title challenge ended on the 31st of March with the gutless display at Abu Dhabi. Why is he still going on about it?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9727 on: May 25, 2024, 06:50:59 pm »
No shame  ;D

https://x.com/Arsenal/status/1794398025479049334

We have a legacy in the FA Cup like no other team having lifted the trophy a record 14 times 🏆

📊 Can you name the players who started in each of our seven wins since the year 2000?

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9728 on: May 25, 2024, 07:01:35 pm »
They wish, their title challenge is celebrating city goals.
You're the one celebrating the Finished Above Liverpool Trophy. Just like they did.

When's the parade? Hope Odegaard manages to grab a few pics.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9729 on: May 25, 2024, 07:02:45 pm »
Odegaard:

Captain, Leader, Photographer!

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9730 on: May 25, 2024, 07:05:09 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #9731 on: May 25, 2024, 08:28:35 pm »
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9732 on: May 25, 2024, 08:32:57 pm »
No shame  ;D

https://x.com/Arsenal/status/1794398025479049334

About what I'd expect from this mentally weak, small time shower of shit.

it’s what he does when he’s having a proper sulk, he’s an utter snide.  Amazing how he always has so many twisted round his little finger.

Constantly shows what he is on here, a snide c*nt. With the addition of being the epitome of the spinelessness of their fan base. Spends all his waking hours on a Liverpool forum first thing in the morning til last thing at night making stupid statements then licking arse, then when he's sulking throws out barbs and then licks arse. Needs fucking off as does NoBrain and the Scottish fella.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9733 on: May 25, 2024, 08:35:40 pm »

Constantly shows what he is on here, a snide c*nt. With the addition of being the epitome of the spinelessness of their fan base. Spends all his waking hours on a Liverpool forum first thing in the morning til last thing at night making stupid statements then licking arse, then when he's sulking throws out barbs and then licks arse. Needs fucking off as does NoBrain and the Scottish fella.

A bit harsh on Royhendo.

Where is he now by the way, hope he's ok.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9734 on: May 25, 2024, 09:26:57 pm »
A bit harsh on Royhendo.

Roy isn't the Scottish fella...

He's The Scottish Fella...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9735 on: May 25, 2024, 11:32:21 pm »

Goodnight mate

Got a question for you

I’ll leave it till tomorrow morning

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #9736 on: May 26, 2024, 01:45:07 am »
A bit harsh on Royhendo.

;D

Saw royhendo on twitter maybe a few days ago, so I’m guessing he’s ok!

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #9737 on: May 26, 2024, 02:13:25 am »
I think Arsenal should improve. Saliba and Gabriel are a brilliant centre back pairing. Rice and Odegaard are great pairing in midfield. Saka is still young. Havertz after a slow start looks to be fitting in well now. All young and more experienced now. Not sure about Arteta though is he a top level coach, and hate the diving and moaning. But I can see they are a good team.

Why do you segregate Arsenal being a good team from Arteta as a manager? Arsenal are a good team because of Arteta. If you watch our matches we go very long stretches where we dont concede chances let alone goals. We have the best defence in the league, which is something we never did before.  Arteta inherited a Bellerin-Mustafi-Luiz-Kolasinac backline which was utterly dreadful.

Arteta improves players too, people laughed at the Havertz and Ben White singing. No one really blinked when we signed Odegaard. All the players buy into Arteta's methods, no players walk back, they sprint back, no player is caught not putting the effort in. Which is a total contrast to the player power era of the club that fostered in the later Wenger era and Emery era - effort was optional during this time.

Ive always said. Arteta is the solution at Arsenal, not the problem. If we sacked Arteta, he would take 12 months off and replace Pep at Man City in a year. What would we do, join the managerial rate race and shit out an Allegri appointment?

Arteta's great crime - giving Arsenal fans expectations of winning the league and going 0-2 in title races against the City juggernaut. 49 points from 54 in our last 18 games gets you marginally short, it's a tough mountain to climb.

To all the cute comments about Ten Hag winning more than Arteta. Lets say Arne suffers from homesickness, and Liverpool have a straight choice between Ten Han Hag and Arteta You really think you taking Ten Hag?

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9738 on: May 26, 2024, 02:30:11 am »
To all the cute comments about Ten Hag winning more than Arteta. Lets say Arne suffers from homesickness, and Liverpool have a straight choice between Ten Han Hag and Arteta You really think you taking Ten Hag?
We're not hiring an ex-Manchester United manager under any circumstances. The only one bigging up Ten Hag was TNB.

The "cute" comments were a response to one of your own's snide post on Ten Hag wining more in two years than Klopp. True, but it's a bit dense coming from an Arsenal fan.

You lot have to find some way to cope, but title challenges aren't trophies. Makes you sound like your neighbours: Spurs 2015/16 season review - We put the pressure on!

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #9739 on: May 26, 2024, 02:56:10 am »
We're not hiring an ex-Manchester United manager under any circumstances. The only one bigging up Ten Hag was TNB.

The "cute" comments were a response to one of your own's snide post on Ten Hag wining more in two years than Klopp. True, but it's a bit dense coming from an Arsenal fan.

You lot have to find some way to cope, but title challenges aren't trophies. Makes you sound like your neighbours: Spurs 2015/16 season review - We put the pressure on!

I never said anything about Ten Hag winning more in the last two years than Klopp. Ive always felt the domestic cups can be a distraction from poor league showing. Man United finished 8th with a negative goal difference. I think Ten Hag has been utterly dreadful for Man United, whilst he has won a League and FA Cup, he has not implemented any cohesive style of play that can achieve sustainable results. He has been their two years and he has not addressed any of the underlying issues that exist at Man United that have manifested in an 8th place finish and negative goal difference.

Ten Hag has bought poorly as well. Casemiro, Antony, Onana all look like poor buys & whilst United will take this FA Cup to round off a dreadful season, it does nothing to set the up for next year. I know this because Arteta won the FA Cup and finished 8th - it did nothing to turn anything around the next season. All it does is band aid the wounds for a few months.

If you told me Arsenal would win the FA Cup next season, and finish 8th with a negative goal difference, im not taking it. Wenger feasted on FA Cups, I think he won 3 in 4 seasons - but the bread and butter in the league was the same - poor showings and no chance of competing for the league.

Arsenal and Liverpool are both in the CL next season, and have a platform to compete for the title. United have neither.

The aim for a manager, should be to build a quality team to compete at the big boys table - CL and competing for your domestic league. Managers who win cups to paper over the cracks of a dreadful league campaign that yields no CL qualification, and not a threat. Wenger was not a threat despite winning three FA Cups in 4 years.

This is why I find all the Arteta v Ten Hag debates amusing. And like I said, its people just trying to be cute.

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9740 on: May 26, 2024, 03:14:03 am »
I never said anything about Ten Hag winning more in the last two years than Klopp.
I know. As I stated in my post, your guy did:
In the time Ten hag has been here hes won more than Klopp.
This is why I find all the Arteta v Ten Hag debates amusing. And like I said, its people just trying to be cute.
There's no debate. You're on an LFC forum. We smashed his clowns 7-0. None of us would have him.

And as a pleasant change, I agree with everything else that you posted.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #9741 on: May 26, 2024, 03:31:52 am »
I don’t know why, but I hope Lego man never wins anything of note. Same cloth a Guardiola.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9742 on: May 26, 2024, 05:59:14 am »

No, i was clearly responding to …..

Actually it doesn’t matter.

Good morning.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9743 on: May 26, 2024, 07:38:48 am »

Arteta improves players too, people laughed at the Havertz and Ben White singing. No one really blinked when we signed Odegaard. All the players buy into Arteta's methods, no players walk back, they sprint back, no player is caught not putting the effort in. Which is a total contrast to the player power era of the club that fostered in the later Wenger era and Emery era - effort was optional during this time.
Never heard either of them sing to be honest. I’ve heard a lot of screaming in pain, whinging and abusing referees from Arsenal players but never singing, given as they’ve not had the opportunity to sing at a trophy lift.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #9744 on: May 26, 2024, 09:07:46 am »
I don't think anyone was suggesting eth was better than arteta. Just pure bantz.

I will ask though, if there were managers top trumps would eth beat arteta in any category?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #9745 on: May 26, 2024, 09:15:58 am »
I don't think anyone was suggesting eth was better than arteta. Just pure bantz.

I will ask though, if there were managers top trumps would eth beat arteta in any category?

Oooo I’ll play. [places first card] took a less talented Ajax team to the semi finals of the CL.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9746 on: May 26, 2024, 09:23:36 am »
Fair point. I was thinking more of his attributes rather than achievements. Better buys/sells. Tactics, substitutions, man management, handling the press.
eth hasn't come across as good at any of those.
How the hell he had two trophys.....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #9747 on: May 26, 2024, 09:32:22 am »
Fair point. I was thinking more of his attributes rather than achievements. Better buys/sells. Tactics, substitutions, man management, handling the press.

It is half in jest but if you look at his buys and talent he brought through for that side and then the way they played, it is a good legacy.

Online zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9748 on: May 26, 2024, 09:35:53 am »
Good morning.
Good morning to you too.

This year's snidefest wasn't as enjoyable as last years epic meltdown/tantrum. Sad to see your standards slipping.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9749 on: May 26, 2024, 09:38:50 am »

Hes a better domestic cup manager, their record in the domestic cups has been sensational. 2 fa cup finals and a league cup final. Especially when you think how bad they are.

In CL they finished 4th in one of the weakest groups. In the league they finished 8th, their lowest ever in the premier league, 29 points behind us, after finishing 13 points below us last season. Weve beaten them the last 3 times weve played them, they play awful football and most of their signings are shocking. By all metrics he should be sacked as they seem to be going backwards all the time. I just hope this cup win gives him another season. Massive papering over the cracks.

I think theyll sack him, but dont want to do it straight after winning a cup final which they probably never thought they had any chance of winning.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 09:40:27 am by The North Bank »

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9750 on: May 26, 2024, 10:22:38 am »
Hes a better domestic cup manager, their record in the domestic cups has been sensational. 2 fa cup finals and a league cup final. Especially when you think how bad they are.

Ferguson's time apart. They have always been a cup team?
Again though, what has he bought to the table that has got them winning cups, specifically over Arteta.
Can't even really say an easy run this season as they had to beat us and City. Maybe you can be gracious and say games against them are usually a coin flip for us and they were at home. But still.  Though Coventry shouldn't have been a tough game I guess.
Maybe , if I allow a category on my top trumps for game raising t*at. Though , even that is quite a skill.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9751 on: May 26, 2024, 10:31:15 am »
Ferguson's time apart. They have always been a cup team?
Again though, what has he bought to the table that has got them winning cups, specifically over Arteta.
Can't even really say an easy run this season as they had to beat us and City. Maybe you can be gracious and say games against them are usually a coin flip for us and they were at home. But still.  Though Coventry shouldn't have been a tough game I guess.
Maybe , if I allow a category on my top trumps for game raising t*at. Though , even that is quite a skill.

I think last season they got lucky with home draws against lower league teams all the way to the final.

This season the only thing you can say is that their season ended so early and they had all eggs in fa cup basket for months so they could put everything into it while Liverpool had the league and europe and city have been on the piss and were so complacent in the lead up to the game, and during it. Credit to them they won the cup, but while its better than nothing, for the big clubs it’s something to win while on the way to bigger things, thats not the case with united. Great moment and it goes in the record, but just like when we won it with Arteta and finished 8th, its not success unless its a springboard to a higher standard, which it was for Arteta, cant see ETH emulating him. Hes spent similar money and got worse.

Also yes, cup team/pub team. Hard to tell.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2024, 10:42:02 am by The North Bank »

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #9752 on: May 26, 2024, 10:49:30 am »
Dear Arsenal fans,

Losing the League to Abu Dhabi by a point or two within a short space of time WILL fuck with your head, heart and everything else in between.

Best is to step back a bit, label them for what they are (fucking cheats) and rest up until the new season.

Cheers

Online Hestoic

• Kopite
« Reply #9753 on: May 26, 2024, 11:13:02 am »
For all the money spent, Arteta has won less in 5 years, than Seven Hag in 2 years ...

I dislike Arteta but I don't think this is a worthwhile argument. He should have 2 PL titles.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9754 on: May 26, 2024, 11:14:10 am »
The only manager capable of breaking ADFCs stranglehold on the PL

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9755 on: May 26, 2024, 11:17:34 am »

You take the internet way too seriously.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #9756 on: May 26, 2024, 11:29:25 am »
Dear Arsenal fans,

Losing the League to Abu Dhabi by a point or two within a short space of time WILL fuck with your head, heart and everything else in between.

Best is to step back a bit, label them for what they are (fucking cheats) and rest up until the new season.

Cheers

So true. The best way to describe it for me was when I was letting my Arsenal work colleague (genuinely nice guy) have both barrels that they should have beaten City when they had the chance and stop treating the draw like some sort of moral victory / sign of progression. And like on here, I warned him that they were going to lose the league by those exact two points.

This went on for a few days until I realised I was being an over emotional cnut. I stopped talking to him about football altogether for a few weeks. Later when we touched upon the subject more calmly he mentioned that he understood. Liverpool fans are basically going through PTSD! Spot on.

We've all got PTSD. Liverpool fans overcoming theirs and Arsenal fans building up theirs.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9757 on: May 26, 2024, 11:31:30 am »
So true. The best way to describe it for me was when I was letting my Arsenal work colleague (genuinely nice guy) have both barrels that they should have beaten City when they had the chance and stop treating the draw like some sort of moral victory / sign of progression. And like on here, I warned him that they were going to lose the league by those exact two points.

This went on for a few days until I realised I was being an over emotional cnut. I stopped talking to him about football altogether for a few weeks. Later when we touched upon the subject more calmly he mentioned that he understood. Liverpool fans are basically going through PTSD! Spot on.

We've all got PTSD. Liverpool fans overcoming theirs and Arsenal fans building up theirs.

And Arsenal fans have yet to cope with protracted contract negotiations as their disappointed stars are targeted by the likes of Madrid or injuries to key players start to take effect.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #9758 on: May 26, 2024, 11:40:51 am »
And Arsenal fans have yet to cope with protracted contract negotiations as their disappointed stars are targeted by the likes of Madrid or injuries to key players start to take effect.

Yep, that will all add to the PTSD. The "we could have won... If X player didn't betray us" moments. Oh what could have been. It will eat them up inside.  :)

Don't forget we managed to keep Klopp for 8 seasons. That in itself is a miracle. Arteta won't be sticking around once he's the top candidate to replace Pep (post the 115 charges magically disappearing obviously) when Pep decides to move on in 2 or 3 seasons. More PTSD.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9759 on: May 26, 2024, 12:00:13 pm »

Haha blimey, he was just responding to Mac Red's comment.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp