Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 399451 times)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #5840 on: March 13, 2024, 06:35:14 pm »
There’s still part of the fan base still not having him, only have to have have a squint on Arsenal Mania to see that, they’ll become more vocal again as soon as we lose a game.

As for the majority, it’s not that we don’t back him, but I’d say we don’t have the belief totally in certain situations like last night, because this is a new young team still with a lot to prove.

You need to remember, that this currrent Liverpool in terms of that aspect of it. You are unique in that you have the history and the heritage, you have the manager, and you’ve had the team that you can put full trust in. Other clubs just don’t have that currently, even City who have the manager / team are only now creating their history and heritage.

That total belief in the club and manager is what helps drive the atmosphere, so of course it’s unique. That’s why i see it a bit silly comparing Anfields atmosphere to anywhere else. And again I’ll repeat, if other clubs could rival Anfields atmosphere, then Anfield wouldn’t be so special.

From having a nosey on the likes of Red Cafe from time to time, I know they have a lot more other fans on their forum, even Liverpool fans, and they seem much more spread out on multiple threads rather than the Arsenal fans that just generally post on here.

However, perhaps you are right Dim. I’ve probably become too ‘invested’ on RAWK, probably seeing it as my safe place as a rival fan, and it probably pissing off you natives. Perhaps it is a good time to take a bit of a step back.

You've been on the forum longer than a lot of posters who snipe at you, ignore it. All the bravado just sets you up for an epic fail as North Bank will attest to. ;D

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5841 on: March 13, 2024, 06:42:17 pm »
;D

And that is why Arsenal have become so ‘hated’ here, because of this wierd group of Arsenal fans who live on RAWK, it’s fucking peculiar.

This constant need for validation and praise from another fanbase is incredible, as is the reaction from all of them when they don’t get the type of praise they want.

Lucky lucky fuckers having a tolerant forum like RAWK, no other forum would engage in this sort of thread.  All of them here, especially the newest one to find his way here, should remember that.
well, I am here to read political discussions. I only post in two threads. I'd rather talk about the political climate in India/South Asia. Now somehow Modi's second horrible tenure coincides with this thread being very very active.

I've got a couple of IRL friends who post here too.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5842 on: March 13, 2024, 06:53:47 pm »
Why is everyone so angry, i missed it.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5843 on: March 13, 2024, 08:42:19 pm »
I love the fact that you all underestimate Arsenal this season.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5844 on: March 13, 2024, 10:00:18 pm »
Last 8. Let’s see. Now it starts to get more difficult.

Three way fight for the title, a shame we were depleted and dead on our feet when we went to the Emirates. Arsenal have had a lovely schedule, but looked a bit leggy to me last night. The rest will do them good. Let’s see if they can beat Man City.

No hatred here for Arsenal. One of the best teams in the Prem, clearly. But still haven’t won a big prize in a long time, so I won’t be crowning Arteta just yet. He has met expectations, given the money spent and the size of the club.

If he wins the Prem and CL, laud him as the best young manager in world football. But for me it is Xabi Alonso.

He is well clear at the top of the Bundesliga against a dominant Bayern Munich. Significantly outmuscled financially, but a great tactical brain has got Leverkusen playing so well, on both sides of the ball. Unbeaten in the Bundesliga so far too. It’s phenomenal. I’m hoping he comes to Liverpool and is just getting started.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 10:02:52 pm by G Richards »

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5845 on: March 13, 2024, 10:58:10 pm »
Why is everyone so angry, i missed it.

Piles, I reckon.

I find it weird so many are unwilling to see Arsenal as challengers. Of course they are. I always assumed the "bottling" stuff was a joke. It's not bottling to come second to those 115 cheats.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5846 on: March 13, 2024, 11:06:28 pm »
Piles, I reckon.

I find it weird so many are unwilling to see Arsenal as challengers. Of course they are. I always assumed the "bottling" stuff was a joke. It's not bottling to come second to those 115 cheats.

Bottling it is just one of them stupidly over used terms that doesn't mean anything anymore.  Any team that loses a game = bottled it. It's never form, fatigue, shite fans (See Cheslea in the League Cup final) luck or even just playing at their level. It's bottled it. We got accused of it despite winning something like 13 games from 15.
I don't even think a lot of the people who say it truly believe it. It's just a form of stick or something to hammer your rivals with. No one ever says the same about their own team like :)

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5847 on: March 13, 2024, 11:18:32 pm »
Agreed mate. Arteta making a point of standing way out of his technical area, even brushing shoulders with opposition players taking throw-ins etc, and his team's diving wind me up. (Maybe that's why he does it.) I wish a fourth official would pull him up on his touchline antics. It's beyond petulant and arrogant. But they didn't bottle it last season.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5848 on: March 13, 2024, 11:39:02 pm »
Piles, I reckon.

I think it's denial. Makes people feel more comfortable if they can convince themselves that Arsenal will drop off because 'that's what Arsenal do'.

I hope they're right, of course, but I can't see it just yet.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5849 on: March 13, 2024, 11:40:15 pm »
Agreed mate. Arteta making a point of standing way out of his technical area, even brushing shoulders with opposition players taking throw-ins etc, and his team's diving wind me up. (Maybe that's why he does it.) I wish a fourth official would pull him up on his touchline antics. It's beyond petulant and arrogant. But they didn't bottle it last season.

Yep. I don't mind Arsenal as such, it's just Arteta I find very dislikeable and I think Arsenal fans understand that too. I just thought last season they were playing at a level that they could never ever sustain.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #5850 on: March 13, 2024, 11:51:26 pm »
I love the fact that you all underestimate Arsenal this season.

Why you love it?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5851 on: March 14, 2024, 02:16:37 am »
Id take a pen shoot out every round of cl, this season our pens record is 17/17 from the community shield through the league games and porto. Most of them excellent pens, we definitely seem to be practicing them.

Atletico madrid next, its written in the stars.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #5852 on: March 14, 2024, 02:18:50 am »
Id take a pen shoot out every round of cl, this season our pens record is 17/17 from the community shield through the league games and porto. Most of them excellent pens, we definitely seem to be practicing them.

Atletico madrid next, its written in the stars.
It'd be a slog ...

And they'd kick shit out of your players.  :)

So, yes please.  :D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5853 on: March 14, 2024, 06:11:53 am »
It'd be a slog ...

And they'd kick shit out of your players.  :)

So, yes please.  :D

Not the tie i want, but i just feel it. City will get dortmund, we ll get atletico

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5854 on: March 14, 2024, 07:43:36 am »
Dortmund & Atletico are the worst sides in the comp. PSG would be acceptable tie as well to be fair.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5855 on: March 14, 2024, 07:50:34 am »
Dortmund & Atletico are the worst sides in the comp. PSG would be acceptable tie as well to be fair.

I think PSG are better than Bayern and Barcelona. Mbappe factor alone.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5856 on: March 14, 2024, 07:58:26 am »
I think PSG are better than Bayern and Barcelona. Mbappe factor alone.
Forgot about Barca ;D You just need to avoid City, Real and at a push Bayern (although I hope you don't ;) ) I'd want to avoid Bayern more than PSG.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5857 on: March 14, 2024, 08:01:38 am »
Forgot about Barca ;D You just need to avoid City, Real and at a push Bayern (although I hope you don't ;) ) I'd want to avoid Bayern more than PSG.

City and real are the ones to avoid yes, i hope they meet each other next. Obviously theyll be kept apart by uefa.

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #5858 on: March 14, 2024, 08:06:19 am »
Rumours suggesting Arsenal and Liverpool could fight over Zubimendi in the summer. Has a 60m euro release clause which both clubs could trigger with ease. Another transfer saga perhaps. Mind you wont be as mental as our battle with City for Rice, and your tossle with Chelsea for Caicedo.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5859 on: March 14, 2024, 08:29:54 am »
Rumours suggesting Arsenal and Liverpool could fight over Zubimendi in the summer. Has a 60m euro release clause which both clubs could trigger with ease. Another transfer saga perhaps. Mind you wont be as mental as our battle with City for Rice, and your tossle with Chelsea for Caicedo.

Thats the main area that we need to improve in the summer, a replacement for Jorginho, hes doing an excellent job, but cant last more than 70 mins at his age. Partey has never been the same since the off field stuff, and EL Neny is just there for dressing room spirit.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5860 on: March 14, 2024, 08:54:55 am »
Though Zubimendi isn't short, I'd prefer if the club goes for someone taller than him.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5861 on: March 14, 2024, 09:19:32 am »
Though Zubimendi isn't short, I'd prefer if the club goes for someone taller than him.

Jorginho isnt there for physicality and aerial ability either. We are at our best when we have someone that can recycle the ball in deep areas, that allows Odegaard to operate in the final third(and for Rice to make runs into the box) where he can do most damage, so we are looking for a passer of the ball rather than a ball winner.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #5862 on: March 14, 2024, 09:58:02 am »
Piles, I reckon.

Its a shame but you can pinpoint the moment it all went to shit

1.3PPG from that game, for the 9 games to the end of the season. You have to wonder what their season would have ended up looking like if they'd just seen that game out instead of getting too emotional and trying to rile up a beaten Liverpool. 

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5863 on: March 14, 2024, 10:03:04 am »
Its a shame but you can pinpoint the moment it all went to shit

1.3PPG from that game, for the 9 games to the end of the season. You have to wonder what their season would have ended up looking like if they'd just seen that game out instead of getting too emotional and trying to rile up a beaten Liverpool.

Love Xhaka but on temperament alone Rice is such a huge upgrade.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5864 on: March 14, 2024, 10:11:30 am »
Love Xhaka but on temperament alone Rice is such a huge upgrade.

Not sure you can just blame the whole collapse on Xhaka, you could definitely tell that the attitude had dripped down from the manager to the players at that point. It was all very OTT, too emotional when trying to just stay calm would have surely seen you win number 14. After we missed out twice on the last day its horrible to think that another teams challenge collapsed at Anfield, and all because they wanted to try and rub salt into our wounds at 2-0 up. In hindsight considering where we finished I'm sure we'd all have taken a loss if it had meant you beating the cheats to the title :(

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5865 on: March 14, 2024, 10:17:17 am »
Not sure you can just blame the whole collapse on Xhaka, you could definitely tell that the attitude had dripped down from the manager to the players at that point. It was all very OTT, too emotional when trying to just stay calm would have surely seen you win number 14. After we missed out twice on the last day its horrible to think that another teams challenge collapsed at Anfield, and all because they wanted to try and rub salt into our wounds at 2-0 up. In hindsight considering where we finished I'm sure we'd all have taken a loss if it had meant you beating the cheats to the title :(

Draw at anfield is always a great result (look at man citys record there). Going 2-0 up at west ham, and missing a penalty to kill them off, then drawing, thats a shocker.

Anyway, enjoying this season too much to think about last season, it feels like 10 years ago to be honest.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5866 on: March 14, 2024, 10:26:28 am »
Draw at anfield is always a great result (look at man citys record there). Going 2-0 up at west ham, and missing a penalty to kill them off, then drawing, thats a shocker.

Anyway, enjoying this season too much to think about last season, it feels like 10 years ago to be honest.

Nah it was an absolutely horrendous result, it really kicked off that capitulation and that's where the West Ham one came from. Such a shame in hindsight like I say.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5867 on: March 14, 2024, 10:26:29 am »

That is something again from the school of the fraud Pep.

He's always done that, stands centimeters from the back of an opponent's head when taking a throw-in, screaming and gesticulating, they know exactly what they are doing. Put it on the same page of other 'anything to gain an edge' things. It is very petty and petulant as you say.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5868 on: March 14, 2024, 10:49:36 am »
Nah it was an absolutely horrendous result, it really kicked off that capitulation and that's where the West Ham one came from. Such a shame in hindsight like I say.

Ok mate

Online Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5869 on: March 14, 2024, 11:27:43 am »
City and real are the ones to avoid yes, i hope they meet each other next. Obviously theyll be kept apart by uefa.

Yeah, no chance. City will draw whoever is the easiest team in the pot, it's one of football's unwritten rules.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #5870 on: March 14, 2024, 03:14:29 pm »
What is the Steve Holland and Ben White beef?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5871 on: March 14, 2024, 03:15:48 pm »

Who’s Steve Holland? Or is that what Steve Maclaren changed his name to?

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5872 on: March 14, 2024, 03:21:46 pm »

Is that an england issue, im guessing hes not in the squad again which is great

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #5873 on: March 14, 2024, 03:32:12 pm »
It's weird, people in the game must obviously know what is going on.  Arsenal told The FA this week that White didn't want to be considered for selection.  All quiet in the press though.

Remember when Carra said he didn't want to be considered for selection.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5874 on: March 14, 2024, 03:35:40 pm »
Remember when Carra said he didn't want to be considered for selection.

Different era now though, and if he's got some mental health stuff going on, people are going to be more forgiving with this kind of thing.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5875 on: March 14, 2024, 03:35:48 pm »
Is that an england issue, im guessing hes not in the squad again which is great

Southgate was asked in the press conference and said he was informed he didn't want to be selected for the games and the proceeded to say there is no issue with Steve Holland and Ben White.

Why would there be an issue?  :/

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5876 on: March 14, 2024, 03:36:27 pm »
Different era now though, and if he's got some mental health stuff going on, people are going to be more forgiving with this kind of thing.

I don't think it's anything like that - it's something to do with Steve Holland it seems, as Southgate was asked today.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #5877 on: March 14, 2024, 03:37:55 pm »
I don't think it's anything like that - it's something to do with Steve Holland it seems, as Southgate was asked today.

Reckon he took the piss out of his tan.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5878 on: March 14, 2024, 03:40:33 pm »

Steve Holland apparently suggested swapping surnames with him due to his orange complexion.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5879 on: March 14, 2024, 03:44:49 pm »
Yeh why would southgate namecheck steve holland.

Anyway, ben white will be back in after the euros, when gareth “baby you’re the one” southgate, and steve holland, join the sir jim ineos revolution.