Author Topic: Hello, dear valued customers!  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Hello, dear valued customers!
« on: July 21, 2023, 09:49:44 pm »
Do you like football?

Do you like soccer?

Do you like *checks notes* footer? Uh, socall?

Do you enjoy the Global Game?™

Thank you so much for your support over the years, it really does mean so much. Why yes, I'd like to go to Liverpool one day, I love the Beatles!

Listen, before ya'll get too excited, we wanted to speak to you all about some really exciting opportunities for the sport, they're just around the corner!

Firstly, we'd like to give a big shout out to all the women in the sport. Underfunded and mocked for years and years, we do hope you appreciate us showing a passing interest in you now you've won more than the England men's team in the entire time your dad's been alive. Oh, your daughter would like to play football at school? No chance, love, it's a boy's sport. Badminton or netball for you, sweetheart.

We love our communities, and we love rainbows. But we love money even more, and we'll band together and mock you if you get assaulted by one of us. We love this profession so much because in any other walk of life, if there were allegations of battery and sexual assault every month, we'd probably have to step up and - like - suspend someone for two weeks, or God forbid, seriously look at the way kids are brought up in grass roots football / through the ranks. What are you looking at, love? I bet you're only wearing that shirt to impress your fella.

Finally, we'd like to sincerely thank all the gays and lezzers and transes, and we would like to kindly request that you're not too obvious about all that. Yes, we know, we've had those weird laces before, but we've got to think about out grandchildren's children here. We understand you're scared of being yourself, you can't walk down the street without wondering why someone is looking at you, half of you aches because you can't tell your mum and dad you're not straight, all of you aches because you have to hide yourself completely from everyone you'll ever know, because you'll be ostracised, or killed. We understand that, and we're really sorry.

When we're on British television again in 5 years, as pundits, we'll tell you how much we love you. Your license fees and Sky subscriptions will line our pockets, like they always have done. We'll laugh at you, and the world will continue burning, and in 50 years we'll all be dead.

Our money won't mean anything then. But you? You'll go to sleep with a smile on your face.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 12:16:49 am by Snail »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Hello, dear valued customers!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 11:14:23 pm »
Sorry, I’m fuming x

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 11:24:20 pm »
It's ok, it's been a difficult week to support LFC, all of us with a sense of morality are struggling with recent events.

I also appreciate that this must feel even more personal to you than most, so can understand your anger, disappointment and frustration.

Remember though, you have numerous allies across these boards, across our fanbase and across the city.

Every club has it's fair share of dickheads, it's just upsetting that a person we all invested in, one we thought was sound, actually turned out to be one of the dickheads.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 11:24:26 pm »
No need to apologise.

Football is in a very sad place.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2023, 11:36:18 pm »
Do you like football?

Do you like soccer?

Do you like *checks notes* footer? Uh, socall?

Do you enjoy the Global Game?™

Thank you so much for your support over the years, it really does mean so much. Why yes, I'd like to go to Liverpool one day, I love the Beatles!

Listen, before ya'll get too excited, we wanted to speak to you all about some really exciting opportunities for the sport, they're just around the corner!

Firstly, we'd like to give a big shout out to all the women in the sport. Underfunded and mocked for years and years, we do hope you appreciate us showing a passing interest in you now you've won more than the England men's team in the entire time your dad's been alive. Oh, your daughter would like to play football at school? No chance, love, it's a boy's sport. Badminton or netball for you, sweetheart.

We love our communities, and we love rainbows. But we love money even more, and we'll band together and mock you if you get assaulted by one of us. We love this profression so much because in any other walk of life, if there were allegations of battery and sexual assault every month, we'd probably have to step up and - like - suspend someone for two weeks, or God forbid, seriously look at the way kids are brought up in grass roots football / through the ranks. What are you looking at, love? I bet you're only wearing that shirt to impress your fella.

Finally, we'd like to sincerely thank all the gays and lezzers and transes, and we would like to kindly request that you're not too obvious about all that. Yes, we know, we've had those weird laces before, but we'e got to think about out grandchildren's children here. We understand you're scared of being yourself, you can't walk down the street without wondering why someone is looking at you, half of you aches because you can't tell your mum and dad you're not straight, all of you aches because you have to hide yourself completely from everyone you'll ever know, because you'll be ostracised, or killed. We understand that, and we're really sorry.

When we're on British television again in 5 years, as pundits, we'll tell you how much we love you. Your license fees and Sky subscriptions will line our pockets, like they always have done. We'll laugh at you, and the world will continue burning, and in 50 years we'll all be dead.

Our money won't mean anything then. But you? You'll go to sleep with a smile on your face.

Nothing to add to this except my agreement and support.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2023, 11:38:45 pm »
What do you want from me

No

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2023, 12:06:09 am »
the i has been good recently
Daniel Storey
Jordan Henderson left his morals at the door when Saudi Arabia waved £700k a week in his face
This is a betrayal of trust. You don’t get to choose to be an LGBT+ ally when it suits“
You have the responsibility to educate yourself better about the challenges they experience. That’s where my own position on homophobia in football is rooted. Before I’m a footballer, I’m a parent, a brother, a husband, a son and a friend to the people in my life who matter so much to me. The idea that any of them would feel excluded from playing or attending a football match, simply for being and identifying as who they are, blows my mind.” 

That’s Jordan Henderson, by the way, in an interview with The Athletic on why he chooses to be an ally for the LGBT+ community. Apparently it doesn’t “blow his mind” as much as earning £700,000 a week, so good to test these things out. What amuses most is when people describe this as life-changing money, as if Henderson isn’t already earning comfortable six figures weekly at Liverpool.

It reminds of an anecdote about golfer Jon Rahm, when a LIV Golf offer was made. He sat down with his family and realised that it would make no difference to their daily lives. Someone being offered four times their £25,000 annual salary is life-changing. Watching the bank balance rise that little more quickly, no? Wealth brings with it the privilege of choice. You can not take up the Saudi Arabian Pro League cash. It is a personal decision.

Assuming this deal goes through – and we have already heard that Henderson has accepted it – we should prepare for a good deal of bluster. Bluster about making change from within and using the money to make a difference. Bluster about how values will remain the same.

It’s almost easier to stomach the Anthony Joshua head-in-the-sand line about Saudi Arabia “trying to do a good job politically” and everyone in the country having a good time. To that bluster, an easy response: if you care about LGBT+ issues and believe you are important enough to make a difference, let your presence be a reward for change not an ill-fated attempt to drive it.

Instead, the righteous reaction comes from those who Henderson purported to serve. Like Kop Outs, Liverpool’s LGBT+ fan group, who tweeted: “We are appalled and concerned that anyone might consider working for a sportswashing operation for a regime where women & LGBT+ people are oppressed and that regularly tops the world death sentence table.

“We hope that Jordan Henderson proves to be a man of his word and stays true to the values of our club, which so far he has been an absolute embodiment of.”

And what does Joe White think, the non-binary England fan who was supported by Henderson on social media when he said that “football is for everyone no matter what”.

And Liverpool supporter Keith Spooner, told by Henderson that he wore a rainbow armband because to “help even just one person then it’s progress”.

And Josh Cavallo, who Henderson publicly supported when he came out. These people do not exist in a bubble. What impacts upon the LGBT+ community around the world makes their lives harder to live too.

One horrible suspicion arises here: that Henderson’s allyship in the past makes him an even more valuable asset for Saudi Arabia and their state-sponsored clubs. Look, this guy has offered his support for the LGBT+ community and we’re happy to sign him and he’s clearly happy to come here (OK, don’t ask about all the money), so what’s the problem guys?

This is a betrayal of trust, whether or not Henderson chooses to accept it. You don’t get to choose to be an ally when it suits. In fact, that allyship is proven in these decisions. Henderson could come out and say that he isn’t taking up the offer because of his concerns, and immediately offer significant support to many who see him as a role model.

There is no issue with Henderson (or anyone else) taking the money here, let’s be clear. The issue comes when you purport to be an ally to a community and then abandon that community when the money comes.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023, 12:09:17 am by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2023, 12:22:07 am »
the i has been good recently
Daniel Storey
Jordan Henderson left his morals at the door when Saudi Arabia waved £700k a week in his face
This is a betrayal of trust. You don’t get to choose to be an LGBT+ ally when it suits“
You have the responsibility to educate yourself better about the challenges they experience. That’s where my own position on homophobia in football is rooted. Before I’m a footballer, I’m a parent, a brother, a husband, a son and a friend to the people in my life who matter so much to me. The idea that any of them would feel excluded from playing or attending a football match, simply for being and identifying as who they are, blows my mind.” 

That’s Jordan Henderson, by the way, in an interview with The Athletic on why he chooses to be an ally for the LGBT+ community. Apparently it doesn’t “blow his mind” as much as earning £700,000 a week, so good to test these things out. What amuses most is when people describe this as life-changing money, as if Henderson isn’t already earning comfortable six figures weekly at Liverpool.

It reminds of an anecdote about golfer Jon Rahm, when a LIV Golf offer was made. He sat down with his family and realised that it would make no difference to their daily lives. Someone being offered four times their £25,000 annual salary is life-changing. Watching the bank balance rise that little more quickly, no? Wealth brings with it the privilege of choice. You can not take up the Saudi Arabian Pro League cash. It is a personal decision.

Assuming this deal goes through – and we have already heard that Henderson has accepted it – we should prepare for a good deal of bluster. Bluster about making change from within and using the money to make a difference. Bluster about how values will remain the same.

It’s almost easier to stomach the Anthony Joshua head-in-the-sand line about Saudi Arabia “trying to do a good job politically” and everyone in the country having a good time. To that bluster, an easy response: if you care about LGBT+ issues and believe you are important enough to make a difference, let your presence be a reward for change not an ill-fated attempt to drive it.

Instead, the righteous reaction comes from those who Henderson purported to serve. Like Kop Outs, Liverpool’s LGBT+ fan group, who tweeted: “We are appalled and concerned that anyone might consider working for a sportswashing operation for a regime where women & LGBT+ people are oppressed and that regularly tops the world death sentence table.

“We hope that Jordan Henderson proves to be a man of his word and stays true to the values of our club, which so far he has been an absolute embodiment of.”

And what does Joe White think, the non-binary England fan who was supported by Henderson on social media when he said that “football is for everyone no matter what”.

And Liverpool supporter Keith Spooner, told by Henderson that he wore a rainbow armband because to “help even just one person then it’s progress”.

And Josh Cavallo, who Henderson publicly supported when he came out. These people do not exist in a bubble. What impacts upon the LGBT+ community around the world makes their lives harder to live too.

One horrible suspicion arises here: that Henderson’s allyship in the past makes him an even more valuable asset for Saudi Arabia and their state-sponsored clubs. Look, this guy has offered his support for the LGBT+ community and we’re happy to sign him and he’s clearly happy to come here (OK, don’t ask about all the money), so what’s the problem guys?

This is a betrayal of trust, whether or not Henderson chooses to accept it. You don’t get to choose to be an ally when it suits. In fact, that allyship is proven in these decisions. Henderson could come out and say that he isn’t taking up the offer because of his concerns, and immediately offer significant support to many who see him as a role model.

There is no issue with Henderson (or anyone else) taking the money here, let’s be clear. The issue comes when you purport to be an ally to a community and then abandon that community when the money comes.

Great article. Thanks for posting.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2023, 01:40:32 am »
My daughter was "this" close to being on espn2 for the us youth soccer national championships (u17s).

Would have been cool.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2023, 04:27:13 am »
Thumbs up to the OP and Storey story.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2023, 10:27:53 am »
Feeling the pain, hurt and disappointment that is floating about.

Some things just dont make sense, at any level. And that is sad.

It kinda feels like when King kev announced he had signed for Hamburg - just a complete "What the Feck" moment.
It was unbelievable he was choosing to leave us! . . .  but to go play for The Germans !!! . . . . .

(I know but it was the seventies and the world was a different place back then.)

No more heroes anymore!!!  :no

I have no skin in this game.
Just thought it was way cool to have a guy that stood up for those going through tough times and difficult situations.

More fool me.
Lesson learned.

When I hear this guys name I will forever more think of betrayal.
When I see footage of the 2019 trophy lift I will think of betrayal and quickly try to picture Divoks face instead.

This has been a F*ck Up of Shakespearian proportions on his part and I know he doesn't give a damn what I or anyone else thinks but those chickens always come home to roost.

There was brightness that came out of the kev situation and I hope there is something sparkly just around the corner for us to distract from these dark days.

Dum Dum
Dum Dum Dum
Dum Dum Dum Dum

D A L G L I S H

Apologies to any of our German fanbase.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2023, 12:33:27 pm »
Powerful
Jurgen YNWA

Online vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2023, 12:35:56 pm »
Henderson and Gerrard. 2 adored captains we(I?) held in highest regard, who now will be used (and be using) the image of our club to wash a horrible regime. Thought provoking OP. Thank-You for posting. There can be no excuse and no support for what these ex players are doing (assuming Henderson takes the blood money) They will be deleted and ignored by myself from our history for this. If you let down LGBTQ you let down us all. No way back.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2023, 01:07:41 pm »
Henderson and Gerrard. 2 adored captains we(I?) held in highest regard, who now will be used (and be using) the image of our club to wash a horrible regime. Thought provoking OP. Thank-You for posting. There can be no excuse and no support for what these ex players are doing (assuming Henderson takes the blood money) They will be deleted and ignored by myself from our history for this. If you let down LGBTQ you let down us all. No way back.

Well said.

The fact the footballers and their families aren’t even going to be living in SA shows that they’re aware of the issues, but they’re happy to take the money and be used as pawns while letting down so many fans who thought they were allies.

I think toxic masculinity still pervades football, and we can now assume Henderson may have been an LGBTQ+ ally purely for PR reasons.

My 11 year old nephew is a massive red and a really passionate footballer. People say “don’t put footballers on pedestals or treat them as heroes”, but that’s completely missing the point of following sports, and trying to make a career of it, for young kids. A young footballer, or just a fan, is bound to have role models. What does it say to a young fan (especially an LGBTQ+ fan) who thought Henderson had these principles but then it turns out it was a lie and it’s just about money.

Greed ain’t good.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.