Author Topic: Sub lost visiting the Titanic.  (Read 28339 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sub lost visiting the Titanic.
« Reply #360 on: June 22, 2023, 01:58:54 pm »
To be honest I wasn’t really referring to this thread, just the general online attitude. There’s plenty of that stuff on Twitter.
Fair enough.  I can well believe that Twitter is a cesspit on this subject as it tends to be on most things.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: June 22, 2023, 02:01:55 pm »
who are we?  Really?

I'm Alan Partridge.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: June 22, 2023, 02:06:55 pm »
One big learning point for the sub industry in the wake of this - do not paint them white and blue.

I reckon it imploded. Nobody seems convinced about the knocking sounds.

Probably the best/kindest of any of the fatal outcomes for the occupants.
Near instantaneous obliteration.
Would happen so fast the brain couldn't register it.
You would just cease to exist.

Offline lobsterboy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: June 22, 2023, 02:17:50 pm »
Trouble is this is so easily juxtaposed with the sinking of a ship and 650 migrants fleeing in desperation where the world simply shrugs and even tries to criminalise further rescues, yet will mobilise everybody possible for a few very rich people who paid thousands to put their lives at risk in a Heath Robinson submarine for sightseeing.

I'm not happy people have died, the poor father and his kid especially gets me as a dad myself.
Someone said earlier though that its not about how much people are worth.
But it very much is.
Every where we look and the billionaires, the super rich all benefit from this the most. At our expense.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #364 on: June 22, 2023, 02:44:11 pm »
It looks like a cross between a fleshlight and a Superlambanana

(another thing the sub and a fleshlight have in common is that they're both full of dead seamen)

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #365 on: June 22, 2023, 02:52:13 pm »
Surprised musk hasn’t offered to help yet.

He's saved his interjection to distance himself from any besmirching of his Starlink

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/elon-musk-breaks-silence-titanic-081108244.html

I suppose it's better than branding those trying to rescue the sub as 'paedos'

« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 02:54:18 pm by Nobby Reserve »
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #366 on: June 22, 2023, 03:05:11 pm »
One big learning point for the sub industry in the wake of this - do not paint them white and blue.

I reckon it imploded. Nobody seems convinced about the knocking sounds.
It’s totally dark down there so it doesn’t make a difference really
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: June 22, 2023, 03:29:56 pm »
It’s totally dark down there so it doesn’t make a difference really
I was thinking more about the possibility that it could be at the surface or just under the surface, even searching with the naked eye would be difficult.

I think it's definitely imploded, which would be a better way to go for the occupants, but a shame in the sense that the wreckage will probably never be found.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 03:31:42 pm by Clint Eastwood »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #368 on: June 22, 2023, 04:56:43 pm »
@SkyNewsBreak
U.S. Coast Guard says debris has been found by a remotely operated vehicle in the search for missing Titanic submersible
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: June 22, 2023, 04:57:18 pm »
Mass Implosion hopefully.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: June 22, 2023, 05:02:19 pm »
Now saying a “debris field” near the titanic wreckage.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: June 22, 2023, 05:16:36 pm »
Everyone will know what a ROV is now, thanks to this.  I've been out on the water, using a ROV before.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: June 22, 2023, 05:30:52 pm »
Everyone will know what a ROV is now, thanks to this.  I've been out on the water, using a ROV before.

They're common in the oil industry, a few of my mates are ROV pilots
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: June 22, 2023, 05:33:15 pm »
If it's debris found then hopefully an quick implosion rather than slow pain suffocation.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: June 22, 2023, 05:40:27 pm »
I see the headlines are already, "Titanic claims five more victims", as if it's the fucking ship's fault.  :butt
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: June 22, 2023, 05:41:35 pm »
I see the headlines are already, "Titanic claims five more victims", as if it's the fucking ship's fault.  :butt

Well.  They wouldn't be there, if it wasn't for the ship being there.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: June 22, 2023, 05:48:33 pm »
Even if there was no implosion we’re probably way past the point where they could be rescued anyway, this is a search and recover mission now. So, in that case implosion is best case scenario.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: June 22, 2023, 05:56:40 pm »
Well.  They wouldn't be there, if it wasn't for the ship being there.

You could say that about virtually every disaster and tragedy in human history. Hell you could say that about someone getting mugged walking through a known rough area.

Let's not resort to victim shaming, just because the victims died over a century ago?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: June 22, 2023, 06:02:09 pm »
Expert on Sky news just confirmed it is parts of Titan. Had his phone in hand and said he was in a WhatsApp group with people at the search. He’s back on now.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: June 22, 2023, 06:02:51 pm »
The landing frame and rear cover found.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: June 22, 2023, 06:08:44 pm »
This guy on Sky News is setting himself up big time here. You’d want to be absolutely certain before putting this stuff out there.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: June 22, 2023, 06:14:09 pm »
Saying that Hamish had been down to the Mariana Trench in the past. That’s about 3 times deeper than the titanic. We knew he’d been “into space” on blue horizon.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: June 22, 2023, 06:15:29 pm »
This guy on Sky News is setting himself up big time here. You’d want to be absolutely certain before putting this stuff out there.

He knows a few of them pretty well and he’s getting his info from people on the ships but yeah, he’s probably the first in the world to tell the masses it’s parts of Titan.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: June 22, 2023, 06:20:33 pm »
Hopefully it imploded on the initial dive and they died instantly.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: June 22, 2023, 06:27:22 pm »

I would say so. I'm guessing the view port failed and shattered the whole vehicle, leave the landing skids to just drift to the bottom :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #385 on: June 22, 2023, 06:39:53 pm »
Seems that way, thank heavens for small mercies
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #386 on: June 22, 2023, 06:45:58 pm »
Seems that way, thank heavens for small mercies

I was dreading death by asphyxiation, vehicle recovery, then cell phone goodbyes.
Kill the humourless

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: June 22, 2023, 06:58:00 pm »

That would have been gradual though, best case is that they made it to the bottom and then something failed.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #388 on: June 22, 2023, 07:16:21 pm »
Let's not resort to victim shaming, just because the victims died over a century ago?

You seriously need to take a break from this place 
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: June 22, 2023, 07:21:21 pm »
I was dreading death by asphyxiation, vehicle recovery, then cell phone goodbyes.
Salt water blocks the radio frequency used by mobile phones (as far as I know).

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: June 22, 2023, 07:24:04 pm »
So likely scenario is they went down too far and this piece of tin imploded under the great pressures encountered at those kind of depths.

What did they aim to achieve by going down there?

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #391 on: June 22, 2023, 07:36:50 pm »
Salt water blocks the radio frequency used by mobile phones (as far as I know).
Not talking transmission, only recorded images.

I'll give the SickTockers 2 hours to put up joke bits.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 07:38:55 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2023, 07:40:32 pm »
You could say that about virtually every disaster and tragedy in human history. Hell you could say that about someone getting mugged walking through a known rough area.

Sorry I don't understand.  Are you saying that me saying that they wouldn't be there, if it wasn't for the Titanic being there, is victim blaming?

It's just a cold, hard fact.  If there's no wreck, they wouldn't be there.  Nothing to do with victim shaming whatsoever. 

As above poster said, you need to take a break, I think.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 07:43:33 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: June 22, 2023, 07:46:28 pm »
You seriously need to take a break from this place

You seriously need to piss off out of my business my friend.

Popcorn's Art

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: June 22, 2023, 07:47:47 pm »
Sorry I don't understand.  Are you saying that me saying that they wouldn't be there, if it wasn't for the Titanic being there, is victim blaming?

It's just a cold, hard fact.  If there's no wreck, they wouldn't be there.  Nothing to do with victim shaming whatsoever. 

As above poster said, you need to take a break, I think.

No, I mean the tabloid media running this stupid headline, like it's somehow the Titanic's fault. If we're going to accept that it's a grave site, let's just accept that shit happens.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #395 on: June 22, 2023, 07:48:57 pm »
Oceangate has just released this statement.

We now believe that our CEO Stockton Rush, Shahzada Dawood and his son Suleman Dawood, Hamish Harding, and Paul-Henri Nargeolet, have sadly been lost, a statement from OceanGate says.

These men were true explorers who shared a distinct spirit of adventure, and a deep passion for exploring and protecting the world’s oceans. Our hearts are with these five souls and every member of their families during this tragic time. We grieve the loss of life and joy they brought to everyone they knew.

This is an extremely sad time for our dedicated employees who are exhausted and grieving deeply over this loss. The entire OceanGate family is deeply grateful for the countless men and women from multiple organizations of the international community who expedited wide-ranging resources and have worked so very hard on this mission.

We appreciate their commitment to finding these five explorers, and their days and nights of tireless work in support of our crew and their families.

This is a very sad time for the entire explorer community, and for each of the family members of those lost at sea.

We respectfully ask that the privacy of these families be respected during this most painful time.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 07:50:45 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: June 22, 2023, 07:56:07 pm »
So likely scenario is they went down too far and this piece of tin imploded under the great pressures encountered at those kind of depths.

What did they aim to achieve by going down there?

??? They got down as far as they set out to and the vessel had been to a number of times. They also expected to see the Titanic with their own eyes through the small window with lighting from the sub.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: June 22, 2023, 08:00:52 pm »
??? They got down as far as they set out to and the vessel had been to a number of times. They also expected to see the Titanic with their own eyes through the small window with lighting from the sub.

What's to say they didn't go down further though?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: June 22, 2023, 08:04:11 pm »

The bottom of the ocean floor ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: June 22, 2023, 08:11:19 pm »

It’s pretty flat there. That’s it. Would have to move many, many miles to start getting any deeper. Sounds like it’s been found 200m from the titanics bow. No suggestion it hit or touch the ship itself.

Pretty clear it was a catastrophic failure and implosion as the reached the wreck. That’s consistent with the loss of contact. Small mercies that it will have been instantaneous death.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 08:13:16 pm by Livbes »