Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3267077 times)

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #80840 on: May 17, 2024, 07:16:44 pm »
Reminds me more of Mane, his acceleration and the way he skips past defenders. No idea if he could reach that level, but good performance from him.

He doesn't have the strength and power of Mane.

Sterling is a more appropriate comparison. Similar stature and very alike in how he finds space through his dribbling ability and off the ball movement.

« Reply #80841 on: May 17, 2024, 08:10:58 pm »
Id bring in Todibo and Olise. Combined that would be what, £90m?
Olise is quality but two issues for me, one is his injury record and the second is that he isn't really a 1v1 dribbler which Slot is rumored to favor.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #80842 on: May 17, 2024, 08:14:08 pm »
Reminds me of Sterling.

Was a brilliant player until you put him in front of goal. He’s on Darwin’s level for missing sitters.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80843 on: May 17, 2024, 10:11:54 pm »
Was a brilliant player until you put him in front of goal. He’s on Darwin’s level for missing sitters.
If Sterling knew how to finish, he'd have been on the Ballon d'Or shortlist every season.

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80844 on: May 17, 2024, 10:13:18 pm »
Kinda need to see what we are selling , we know the wages of Thiago and Matip are gone which will help with amortisation of new buys, I also think as much as we like Diaz he has no end product, Salah it will probably be our last chance to cash in so could maybe see him going, if we sell both Diaz and Salah thats gotta be around £150m , thats would get us a Nico Williams and Olise  :P  - midfield sales ot sure maybe Curtis for about £50m could bring in a DM for that, and Defence Tsimi will possibly go we would then have Robertson and Gomez , if Gomez stays for LB , maybe Diomande and a cheeky Tosin and defence sorted (Tosin is a free though Man utd appear to want him).

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #80845 on: May 18, 2024, 02:29:50 am »
Olise is quality but two issues for me, one is his injury record and the second is that he isn't really a 1v1 dribbler which Slot is rumored to favor.

Same for me he's not Mane or Salah a get in behind them break the lines. More a technician like Brendan Rodgers would say. Not I one on one winger either

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80846 on: May 18, 2024, 03:00:26 am »

With absolutely no idea what's happening with their manager situation we should put a cheeky bid towards Musiala.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 03:20:50 am by BarryCrocker »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Shanksgates

• Boys Pen
« Reply #80847 on: May 18, 2024, 08:23:23 am »
If we get an offer between 55m-65m for Diaz I'd probably would sell.

But I wouldn't necessarily be seeking a No.1 left winger as a replacement as I believe Gakpo is much more naturally suited to playing on the left than as a false 9 or anywhere else on the pitch. This season Gakpo's best performances have been on the left and his output in less games exceeds Diaz's.

With Jota's injury problems I would be looking to sign another striker to compete with Nunez for a starting position. No idea who that can be.

Saying that if Salah does stay I also do believe we need another RW in the squad who can give Salah the opportunity to rest and also provide competition however I don't see us signing more than one forward - unless Salah leaves. If Salah and Diaz both leave, then yes I do see us signing two players and in that scenario I would not mind that being 1 player ready made now for the starting XI and the other being a potential top class player like a Summerville for example.

Diaz is a good player. The only thing that’s missing sometimes is the end product. But we’re compared him to someone like mane who, you can see even more now, what a player he was. Mane had so many things he could do and was intelligent. With Diaz you feel you know what he’ll do, in the box head will be down. If he was more consistent with end product he would be title winning starter

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #80848 on: May 18, 2024, 08:35:54 am »
Diaz is 27 with 3 years left on his deal and a clear desire to play in Spain/for Barcelona who are in financial trouble. I don't think Diaz signs another deal here so would make more sense for him to go maybe next year if a Barca/PSG come in for him with decent money and he's keen to go.

With Edwards back and a change in strategy we're less likely to just let his contract run down and leave for free at 30.

If Barca came in for him is they're anyone suitable we could realistically get in part exchange? Christensen maybe.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80849 on: May 18, 2024, 09:40:31 am »
I do have a feeling Chelsea and City will be after Olise and offer either 8 year contract or massive wages.

Chelsea will sell their stadium to themselves to be able to afford it
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80850 on: May 18, 2024, 10:06:43 am »
I do have a feeling Chelsea and City will be after Olise and offer either 8 year contract or massive wages.

Plays same side as Palmer.

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80851 on: May 18, 2024, 10:14:38 am »
Plays same side as Palmer.

Palmer is playing as the no.10 centrally.

Madueke is playing on the right

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80852 on: May 18, 2024, 10:19:38 am »
I'd sell Mo if the Saudis bid anywhere close to £80-£100m. Maybe PSG come in as and when he who cannot be named moves to Madrid?

I understand class is permanent but he's been poor for a while and has lost some pace and if we are ever going to get a decent fee for him it is this summer.

Our forward options then are Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo, Jota and Danns...maybe Doak and Gordon for the cups. Slot maybe uses Elliot wide right but he's better in the middle for me as an 8.

We would desperately need one or maybe two right-wing options then as all of the above favour the left and some would argue in the cases of Nunez and Gakpo, play better from the left than down the middle. I'd play Nunez out left for a bit to be honest, to rebuild his confidence and take the pressure off him being the 9.

Trent should sign a new contract for whatever he wants really, taking Mo's mantle as highest paid player as he enters his peak years. VVD should be retained of course but at his age, he may have other ideas.

Hopefully, midfield is OK, with Bajetic and Endo covering the 6 and we have decent options for the rest of midfield.

CB needs reinforcing with Matip gone and Konate injury-prone.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80853 on: May 18, 2024, 10:21:39 am »
I'd sell Mo if the Saudis bid anywhere close to £80-£100m. Maybe PSG come in as and when he who cannot be named moves to Madrid?

I understand class is permanent but he's been poor for a while and has lost some pace and if we are ever going to get a decent fee for him it is this summer.

Our forward options then are Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo, Jota and Danns...maybe Doak and Gordon for the cups. Slot maybe uses Elliot wide right but he's better in the middle for me as an 8.

We would desperately need one or maybe two right-wing options then as all of the above favour the left and some would argue in the cases of Nunez and Gakpo, play better from the left than down the middle. I'd play Nunez out left for a bit to be honest, to rebuild his confidence and take the pressure off him being the 9.

Trent should sign a new contract for whatever he wants really, taking Mo's mantle as highest paid player as he enters his peak years. VVD should be retained of course but at his age, he may have other ideas.

Hopefully, midfield is OK, with Bajetic and Endo covering the 6 and we have decent options for the rest of midfield.

CB needs reinforcing with Matip gone and Konate injury-prone.

That attack is average once Salah comes out.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80854 on: May 18, 2024, 10:29:00 am »

The 8 year loophole has been closed.

Online clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80855 on: May 18, 2024, 10:33:40 am »
The 8 year loophole has been closed.

In terms of FFP. But they can and most likely will still offer 7-10 year contracts. It will be a way for them to attract players
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 10:35:11 am by clinical »

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80856 on: May 18, 2024, 10:49:01 am »
In terms of FFP. But they can and most likely will still offer 7-10 year contracts. It will be a way for them to attract players
They did that partly to exploit the loophole. Only Chelsea did it and their revenue isn't high enough to be throwing money around like that even with Europa League football.

Online clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80857 on: May 18, 2024, 10:56:28 am »
They did that partly to exploit the loophole. Only Chelsea did it and their revenue isn't high enough to be throwing money around like that even with Europa League football.

They are selling their own training ground to themselves for £200m that's on top of selling their hotels to themselves for £98m.  They will be selling their stadium to themselves next as the league don't seem fussed.

They have loads of money because of it and will be another £300m window from them

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80858 on: May 18, 2024, 11:01:23 am »
They are selling their own training ground to themselves for £200m that's on top of selling their hotels to themselves for £98m.  They will be selling their stadium to themselves next as the league don't seem fussed.

They have loads of money because of it and will be another £300m window from them
They "sold" their facilities not to spend more but to clear their huge deficit. That obviously will obviously be closed very soon as well.

Next season,  it's an 80% limit in Europe and I remember saying the same thing about Newcastle last season. They simply don't earn a lot (even Spurs earn more now) and they need to shift a few first and foremost.  Maybe Saudi will help them.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 11:03:06 am by MonsLibpool »

Online clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80859 on: May 18, 2024, 11:02:41 am »
They "sold" their facilities not to spend more but to clear their huge deficit. That obviously will obviously be closed very soon as well.

Next season,  it's 80% in Europe and I remember saying the same thing about Newcastle last season.

That's the issue they aren't worried about the Uefa fine. Points deduction probably more so. But I fully expect them to keep finding loopholes.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80860 on: May 18, 2024, 11:04:57 am »
That's the issue they aren't worried about the Uefa fine. Points deduction probably more so. But I fully expect them to keep finding loopholes.
The papers were saying that, if it's the Conference League that they qualify for then they'd have to withdraw because they won't pass FFP and that only the Europa League makes sense in terms on inflows.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80861 on: May 18, 2024, 11:28:59 am »
Is he inferior though?

Can't compare Gordons end product to Diaz.

I love the internet myths. You do realize that Diaz has scored more goals than Gordon this season, even though he was coming back to form after a bad knee injury?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80862 on: May 18, 2024, 11:39:47 am »
Is he inferior though?

Can't compare Gordons end product to Diaz.

Im not Diaz’ biggest fan but he is better than Gordon.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80863 on: May 18, 2024, 12:20:43 pm »
If Diaz goes should just go out and sign Kvaratskhelia. Don't think there anyone else who ticks as many boxes as him. Would probably try and sign him anyway

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80864 on: May 18, 2024, 12:21:21 pm »
I love the internet myths. You do realize that Diaz has scored more goals than Gordon this season, even though he was coming back to form after a bad knee injury?

Diaz has 8 goals and 5 assists in the league, Gordon has 11 goals and 10 assists.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #80865 on: May 18, 2024, 12:23:01 pm »
Honestly,

We need

If Kevin goes we need a keeper.

A CB that starts, Konate, Quansah and Gomez are good but a serious CB needed.

Cover at LB, sorry Kostas ya mad bastard but you're not good enough.

Would like a CDM

If one of the 5 forwards leave then we need to replace.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80866 on: May 18, 2024, 12:24:08 pm »
If Diaz goes should just go out and sign Kvaratskhelia. Don't think there anyone else who ticks as many boxes as him. Would probably try and sign him anyway
wouldnt he cost about 100m though

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80867 on: May 18, 2024, 12:36:01 pm »

Id rather that than 80m for Gordon.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80868 on: May 18, 2024, 12:36:30 pm »
Diaz has 8 goals and 5 assists in the league, Gordon has 11 goals and 10 assists.

Think he meant in total. Gordon has played more minutes.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #80869 on: May 18, 2024, 12:53:08 pm »

He could I suppose but if Diaz is to be sold surely we're looking at a good 60 million return on him? Also, I think quite a few around the squad will leave which should earn some decent money, wage bill might be smaller next season too at a guess, also new manager should be on considerably less. We're also one of the highest earning clubs on the planet so I'm keen not to hear of any penny pinching this summer which starts the manager off on the wrong foot.

I can't imagine we'll sign him or any of the few who you can undoubtedly name as one of the best in their given position but I'd love to see him play for Liverpool personally. I think he'd be an upgrade on Diaz and be even more fun to watch, I could see the crowd going crazy over him, he'd be adored the way Salah has been here I feel, especially if he could help deliver huge successes. One thing he has going for him too is that he's been a real difference maker in winning a top honour with a team generally less fancied which is huge.

I refuse to believe at least one of the main attacking five won't be moved on and I think Diaz makes the most sense, especially if there's any truth to the rumours he wants to play elsewhere. As for his replacement, I can see them trying to be a bit shrewder in the market and finding someone who has good stats etc, maybe they wont even currently be playing as a left forward and they'll want Slot to try and make him one, who knows. Personally, I feel this summer we should be going out and buying three or four top players who can come in and make a difference straight away. Easier said than done of course but I really feel it's the type of thing that should be doable. Give the manager the best chance to succeed by buying real quality who can do it in their best years.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80870 on: May 18, 2024, 12:57:56 pm »
Yeah but surely that's the going rate for someone of his calibre now? It's also not like we haven't spent big when it's a player we want before

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #80871 on: May 18, 2024, 01:07:58 pm »

Chelsea are signing Estevao, I can’t see them going back in for Olise as well.

Online clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80872 on: May 18, 2024, 01:11:28 pm »
Chelsea are signing Estevao, I can’t see them going back in for Olise as well.

Esteveo will be loaned out to Strasbourg

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #80873 on: May 18, 2024, 01:16:56 pm »
Esteveo will be loaned out to Strasbourg

Is that confirmed? I saw that he was joining mid season in 25 but didn’t hear about the loan. He looks like he could develop into some player, he’s more highly regarded in Brazil than Endrick.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80874 on: May 18, 2024, 01:44:12 pm »

Salah and Diaz being sold would give us enough to make a real difference to the profile of the squad, we will still have £40-60M on top to spend so let’s get Musiala and Bakayoko

That would give us the 1-2-1 dribblers the new system requires and reduces the age of the squad, would probably save money on wages overall and the fee wouldn’t be too dissimilar

Salah £70M
Diaz  £50M
Musiala. £90M
Bakayoko £35M

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80875 on: May 18, 2024, 01:51:55 pm »
Salah and Diaz being sold would give us enough to make a real difference to the profile of the squad, we will still have £40-60M on top to spend so let’s get Musiala and Bakayoko

That would give us the 1-2-1 dribblers the new system requires and reduces the age of the squad, would probably save money on wages overall and the fee wouldn’t be too dissimilar

Salah £70M
Diaz  £50M
Musiala. £90M
Bakayoko £35M

I love Musiala, but lets be honest, he is costing more and also he wont be wanting to come here.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #80876 on: May 18, 2024, 02:02:06 pm »
I love Musiala, but lets be honest, he is costing more and also he wont be wanting to come here.

his contract has run down so the fee is realistic and where else can he go?

he won’t get into the city side ahead of Foden
Real don’t need him
Barca are skint
United a shambles and he will see what happened to Sancho

maybe a Boehly special but let’s be ambitious, the club needs a lift with Klopp leaving

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #80877 on: May 18, 2024, 02:07:53 pm »
his contract has run down so the fee is realistic and where else can he go?

he won’t get into the city side ahead of Foden
Real don’t need him
Barca are skint
United a shambles and he will see what happened to Sancho

maybe a Boehly special but let’s be ambitious, the club needs a lift with Klopp leaving

He can play across all attacking positions so there is plenty of space at City, he probably signs a new contract at Bayern anyway. I wouldnt rule out Madrid getting him and putting him on the right.

I would love him here, but we never go for this profile of player.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #80878 on: May 18, 2024, 02:37:19 pm »

Arsenal be all over him I think.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #80879 on: May 18, 2024, 03:07:37 pm »

Nope. 90m is about right for Musiala seeing as he is out of control next summer.