Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted)  (Read 3267963 times)

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #81640 on: May 25, 2024, 09:19:31 am »
Osimhen has had a poor season and I don't believe that lad would be able to do what he does in the EPL.

Gordon would improve us IMO.

Way more effective than Diaz.
he isnt
but he is younger and will likely hit a higher peak
im not sure Gordon is better than Diaz atm
that said Diaz brokethrough late good end of season hopefully he has a later peak as a player

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81641 on: May 25, 2024, 09:36:25 am »
Osimhen has had a poor season and I don't believe that lad would be able to do what he does in the EPL.

Gordon costs £100M in this market, why not sign Palmer if we’ve got that kind of money?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81642 on: May 25, 2024, 09:48:28 am »
Think Osimhen ends up at Chelsea too. Think Olise and him will be their main signings and then 5 £50m kids from brazil
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #81643 on: May 25, 2024, 10:24:46 am »
Gordon costs £100M in this market, why not sign Palmer if we’ve got that kind of money?

You mean aside from the fact Chelsea don't have to sell him (Newcastle may have to sell Gordon and others, Chelsea gain no FFP benefit from selling Palmer) and he plays a different position?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81644 on: May 25, 2024, 10:46:21 am »
Who are the elite DMs available to buy. That should be our priority.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #81645 on: May 25, 2024, 11:08:23 am »

Palmer’s a United fan and seems quite happy to be the main man at Chelsea. I do think he’ll leave but I can actually see him ending up at United if they ever get their act together.

Gordon would suit us to a tee. The fee would be an issue but that’s the issue with English players. I don’t think there’s a better/more suited wide player out there than him for us. It’s hard to believe FSG would be investing in all of this new super structure only for them to ask to pay ridiculous money for Gordon. If there was a release clause or Newcastle would do a fair deal then maybe. Problem with English players is due to Rice/Grealish, the price sets itself.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81646 on: May 25, 2024, 11:16:58 am »
We aren't signing Anthony Gordon

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81647 on: May 25, 2024, 12:00:46 pm »
We aren't signing Anthony Gordon

Its mad how people are suddenly wanting him. Does he even have an outstanding attribute? He isnt massively creative, doesnt dribble well. He is a good presser i guess and he has bagged a decent amount of goals in the league, but not insane numbers. But yeah, lets pay £80m.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #81648 on: May 25, 2024, 12:08:10 pm »
Its mad how people are suddenly wanting him. Does he even have an outstanding attribute? He isnt massively creative, doesnt dribble well. He is a good presser i guess and he has bagged a decent amount of goals in the league, but not insane numbers. But yeah, lets pay £80m.

Mane in 15-16 (the season before he joined Liverpool) secured 11 goals and 6 assists - He was 23 years of age
Gordon in 23-24 secured 11 goals and 10 assists - 23 years old

If we were to drap up the 2015 transfer thread I wonder what people were saying about Southampton's Mane. I don't have to drag up the thread because I remember what they were saying.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81649 on: May 25, 2024, 12:19:00 pm »

If a players costing north of £70 million they fucking well better improve us :lmao

At this point i'm convinced that Caicedo bid has had some sort of ripple effect because good players are being talked up despite the fact they would command eye watering fees.

Gordon is good, he is not in a million years worth the fee Newcastle would and SHOULD demand to sell him, regardlesssss of if he is a player who could improve our attack.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81650 on: May 25, 2024, 12:24:19 pm »
Seriously, why haven’t we signed Olise yet?

Nerds need to get a move on.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81651 on: May 25, 2024, 12:25:05 pm »
Liverpool are pushing for Leny Yoro.

[@DiMarzio]

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81652 on: May 25, 2024, 12:27:17 pm »

[@DiMarzio]

Not seen him play but every link, comment and review on his ability screams he would be a great signing

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #81653 on: May 25, 2024, 12:30:30 pm »
I think Anthony Gordon is the ideal Mane replacement. Too expensive though. Not sure what type of winger Arne wants. Gordon lead league in sprints

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/13002675/premier-league-running-sprinting-pressing-and-speed-anthony-gordon-heung-min-son-and-dominik-szoboszlai-among-table-topping-workers

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #81654 on: May 25, 2024, 12:31:34 pm »
Gordon’s an outrageous player. Not sure if people are thinking of the lad that broke through at the blues but he’s a much better player than that now. He’s perfect for how we play, zero questions and zero doubts. Genuinely just watch him play, bang a vid in on YouTube if needs be but I’ve watched him a few times this season and he’s just everything we want in a wide player. Pace, power, movement, pressing, direct and end product. He’s still got room to get even better too. He’s a defender’s nightmare. If you’re sneering at him or acting like he’s not good enough you’ve clearly not watched enough of him, sorry to put it like that but it’s impossible for you to have watched him and not been impressed, he’s improved massively in the last 12 months, from the U21s Euros onwards he’s become one of the best wide players in the league and he’s 22/23.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81655 on: May 25, 2024, 12:41:30 pm »
Mane in 15-16 (the season before he joined Liverpool) secured 11 goals and 6 assists - He was 23 years of age
Gordon in 23-24 secured 11 goals and 10 assists - 23 years old

If we were to drap up the 2015 transfer thread I wonder what people were saying about Southampton's Mane. I don't have to drag up the thread because I remember what they were saying.

Just comparing goals and assists just doesnt apply. Mane had better numbers both creatively and in terms of his other attacking metrics like dribbling and carrying the ball.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81656 on: May 25, 2024, 12:49:11 pm »

[@DiMarzio]

PSG are favourites

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81657 on: May 25, 2024, 01:02:22 pm »
Gordon’s an outrageous player. Not sure if people are thinking of the lad that broke through at the blues but he’s a much better player than that now. He’s perfect for how we play, zero questions and zero doubts. Genuinely just watch him play, bang a vid in on YouTube if needs be but I’ve watched him a few times this season and he’s just everything we want in a wide player. Pace, power, movement, pressing, direct and end product. He’s still got room to get even better too. He’s a defender’s nightmare. If you’re sneering at him or acting like he’s not good enough you’ve clearly not watched enough of him, sorry to put it like that but it’s impossible for you to have watched him and not been impressed, he’s improved massively in the last 12 months, from the U21s Euros onwards he’s become one of the best wide players in the league and he’s 22/23.

I have watched him a lot. Works hard, is a great presser. But he isnt outstanding at all and I hope we dont sign him. I dont think we will because his underlying numbers are not great, but you never know.

Mad the sorts of players people want on this forum.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81658 on: May 25, 2024, 01:03:54 pm »
I don't want that diving little prick anywhere near us.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #81659 on: May 25, 2024, 01:15:56 pm »
I think there's a middle ground on Gordon in that I think he's improved tremendously but there's no way I'd be paying 70m and up for him which has been mooted.  And I don't think there's a hope in hell we'll do that either by the way.  People need to genuinely look at our transfers a bit more, because history tells you that is generally (please, for the love of god, read this word, yes I know we signed Van Dijk and Allison) just not what we do, given the steep price and his underlying (quite average seemingly) numbers.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #81660 on: May 25, 2024, 01:19:55 pm »
Gordon playing against a low block would be a disaster. Newcastle is just about his level.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81661 on: May 25, 2024, 01:22:00 pm »
Dont think anyones doubting he's a good player, more the price

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #81662 on: May 25, 2024, 01:28:25 pm »
I have watched him a lot. Works hard, is a great presser. But he isnt outstanding at all and I hope we dont sign him. I dont think we will because his underlying numbers are not great, but you never know.

Mad the sorts of players people want on this forum.

Top 5 in the league for assists
Top 5 in the league for progressive carries
Scored against every ‘big’ club this season
Won the most penalties in the league this season (six)
10 goals and 10 assists despite playing for a side decimated by injuries for most of the season

He’s a top player. I’d love us to get him but we won’t pay the fee. Someone else will and he’ll put up elite numbers for them and we’ll be kicking ourselves.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81663 on: May 25, 2024, 01:29:06 pm »

Every now and then RAWK get obsessed with an average English player

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #81664 on: May 25, 2024, 01:30:21 pm »
What the fuck is a progressive carry?  Running while holding up LBGTQ+ positive slogans?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #81665 on: May 25, 2024, 02:02:55 pm »
I think there's a middle ground on Gordon in that I think he's improved tremendously but there's no way I'd be paying 70m and up for him which has been mooted.  And I don't think there's a hope in hell we'll do that either by the way.  People need to genuinely look at our transfers a bit more, because history tells you that is generally (please, for the love of god, read this word, yes I know we signed Van Dijk and Allison) just not what we do, given the steep price and his underlying (quite average seemingly) numbers.
I don't care about his numbers. For me it's all about the eyeball test, and he's one ugly bastard.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81666 on: May 25, 2024, 02:06:45 pm »
Gordon is on his way to being a top player. He’s showing this season why I thought he would be a good signing for Newcastle, even when he’s numbers weren’t spectacular he always played with intensity. Always running m, always pressing and had pace to burn, now he’s stepped it up a level and added goals and assists and end product to his raw attributes I don’t think there’s any question that he’s one of the better wide forwards in this league.

Saying that 70-80m would still be too steep of a price but I wouldn’t complain if he came here, under our system, playing with better players and a better coach you could see him giving rival teams nightmares.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #81667 on: May 25, 2024, 02:08:27 pm »
What the fuck is a progressive carry?  Running while holding up LBGTQ+ positive slogans?

That gave me a good laugh today 😊

Saw this about Gordon's movement. I miss those transition goals we used to get
https://youtu.be/VZaPnUh3ZJY?si=LGTubu8ynrGXPWww
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 02:12:28 pm by DiggerJohn »

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #81668 on: May 25, 2024, 02:09:22 pm »

Carrying JK Rowling away from a burning building with non-specific toilets.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81669 on: May 25, 2024, 02:18:18 pm »
Gordon would be my first pick for left winger. Mostly because I hated him every time he played against us, also because he is a snide and we need more of those. Apart from Jota and Endo, we’re the nicest goody goody team around.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81670 on: May 25, 2024, 02:18:37 pm »
Listen we are not signing Anthony Gordon. Much like how we are not signing Isak

Stop talking like we have been linked or there is any possibility of us signing them, just so you can have a tantrum when they sign for United or some shit.

WE ARE NOT SIGNING ANTHONY GORDON

All this shit is pulling a random name, saying they are perfect, and then saying "FUCKING FSG MINGEBAGS"

It's just working yourself up about someone being perfect, should be signed, then angry when they don't sign, despite their being absolutely zero indication we are interested or were ever interested
« Last Edit: May 25, 2024, 02:20:35 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81671 on: May 25, 2024, 02:20:25 pm »
Every now and then RAWK get obsessed with an average English player

Not entirely true. We also get obsessed with average non-English players.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #81672 on: May 25, 2024, 02:20:57 pm »
I think 70 million is the going rate for the kind of winger we would want who has shown decent numbers. His numbers are similar to Mane's when we signed him, actually slightly better even. But you expect that because Newcastle is significantly better than Soton from 2014-15. Plus he is english and homegrown. I dont think 70 million is extortionate at all.
And I get the dislike. The lad's a snide bastard and he loves a dive or winding up a defender. My point is that we need exactly that right now. We need that kind of player in the front line.
Gordon has performed very consistently this season which is rare for a lad his age. Sadio wasnt half as consistent at Soton and let's be honest, if Gordon was perfect in all aspects already, he'd be worth twice as much and completely out of budget for us. People saying Osorio is better, but seriously, how do you get to that conclusion? You are comparing someone who has played in the Premier League against a 20-yr old Chilean playing in the Danish Superliga. We should be looking for players that are closer to the finished product than that. I like the shouts for Kvaratskhelia and Gordon plainly because I think either could get into the XI and hit the ground running instead of needing 2-3 yrs before they can start producing at the level we need.
We already have a lot of talented U-21s from the academy - Doak, Danns, Mcconell, Clark, Nyoni, Bajcetic, Morton, Harvey, Quansah are all U-21 still.
What we need is someone who would actually look to push himself into the starting XI from day 1 and I think gordon is a decent shout for that.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81673 on: May 25, 2024, 02:24:13 pm »
Napoli lad, Musiala, Olise are the best wingers mentioned in this thread. Musiala isnt realistic but id want one of the other two. Failing that,  Bakayoko. But apart from that I am not really interested in us getting anyone else mentioned. I dont want Summerville.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81674 on: May 25, 2024, 02:24:28 pm »
I think 70 million is the going rate for the kind of winger we would want who has shown decent numbers. His numbers are similar to Mane's when we signed him, actually slightly better even. But you expect that because Newcastle is significantly better than Soton from 2014-15. Plus he is english and homegrown. I dont think 70 million is extortionate at all.
And I get the dislike. The lad's a snide bastard and he loves a dive or winding up a defender. My point is that we need exactly that right now. We need that kind of player in the front line.
Gordon has performed very consistently this season which is rare for a lad his age. Sadio wasnt half as consistent at Soton and let's be honest, if Gordon was perfect in all aspects already, he'd be worth twice as much and completely out of budget for us. People saying Osorio is better, but seriously, how do you get to that conclusion? You are comparing someone who has played in the Premier League against a 20-yr old Chilean playing in the Danish Superliga. We should be looking for players that are closer to the finished product than that. I like the shouts for Kvaratskhelia and Gordon plainly because I think either could get into the XI and hit the ground running instead of needing 2-3 yrs before they can start producing at the level we need.
We already have a lot of talented U-21s from the academy - Doak, Danns, Mcconell, Clark, Nyoni, Bajcetic, Morton, Harvey, Quansah are all U-21 still.
What we need is someone who would actually look to push himself into the starting XI from day 1 and I think gordon is a decent shout for that.

Where has £70 million come from? He hasn't been linked beyond the shite websites like 90mins, and even then they are saying £100 million to start the conversation.

It's a link and a value made up by people in this thread mostly

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #81675 on: May 25, 2024, 02:25:33 pm »
Listen we are not signing Anthony Gordon. Much like how we are not signing Isak

Stop talking like we have been linked or there is any possibility of us signing them, just so you can have a tantrum when they sign for United or some shit.

WE ARE NOT SIGNING ANTHONY GORDON

All this shit is pulling a random name, saying they are perfect, and then saying "FUCKING FSG MINGEBAGS"

It's just working yourself up about someone being perfect, should be signed, then angry when they don't sign, despite their being absolutely zero indication we are interested or were ever interested

Boring bastard :-[

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81676 on: May 25, 2024, 02:26:18 pm »
Napoli lad, Musiala, Olise are the best wingers mentioned in this thread. Musiala isnt realistic but id want one of the other two. Failing that,  Bakayoko. But apart from that I am not really interested in us getting anyone else mentioned. I dont want Summerville.

To be fair, other than Bakayoko and Summerville again I don't think we have been linked to any of these lads beyond people saying "They'd be good"

I would be shocked if the person we get isn't either one of Bakayoko or Summerville, or someone not mentioned at all yet

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81677 on: May 25, 2024, 02:27:37 pm »
Boring bastard :-[

You need someone to douse out the fires a bit before this thread gets uncontrollable.

We have 3 and a bit months of this, along with a tournament to throw up names too. We can't blow our load too soon in may

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #81678 on: May 25, 2024, 02:41:13 pm »
You need someone to douse out the fires a bit before this thread gets uncontrollable.

We have 3 and a bit months of this, along with a tournament to throw up names too. We can't blow our load too soon in may
:D
You sound like my ex can I move on to my next sexy toy or I have to wait 3 months  :-*

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #81679 on: May 25, 2024, 02:55:47 pm »
Won't Gordon be busy presenting the Olympics this summer anyway?