Author Topic: Conor Bradley  (Read 95474 times)

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
Re: Conor Bradley
« Reply #960 on: February 17, 2024, 10:11:43 pm »
Looked forward to seeing him back in the team today and I wasn’t disappointed.

Nobody can say at this moment what level Bradley can reach but it’s going to be high.

He has skill, strength, composure and total confidence in what he wants to do. Those driving runs into the opposition penalty area get fans on their feet and are usually reserved for seasoned full backs. He is only 20.

I didn’t see him in many fans predictions for our match today but Jurgen recognised that he only lost his place due to his sad family loss. Straight back in today and with Trent injured he will get a few more games.
It seems that year long loan spell at Bolton has given him match experience in a tough league. With no reserve team matches these days it has been the making of him.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Online TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #961 on: February 17, 2024, 10:17:52 pm »
He was ace today again. 

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: February 17, 2024, 10:28:16 pm »
I never thought we should move Trent into midfield, but I'm likimg Bradley at right back a lot. Maybe more than Trent.

Neither did I, but now I’m starting to think that Trent is Thiago’s replacement. I guess we’ll have to see what the new manager makes of it

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: February 18, 2024, 02:32:24 am »
Neither did I, but now I’m starting to think that Trent is Thiago’s replacement. I guess we’ll have to see what the new manager makes of it

The new manager liked his long passes, didn't he?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: February 18, 2024, 09:20:45 pm »
I never thought we should move Trent into midfield, but I'm likimg Bradley at right back a lot. Maybe more than Trent.

How much of our diminished view of Trent at RB is due to the new hybrid-inverted whatsit he's been asked to play? Maybe if Trent reverted to a conventional RB role we'd remember how great he can be.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: February 19, 2024, 03:55:30 pm »
How much of our diminished view of Trent at RB is due to the new hybrid-inverted whatsit he's been asked to play? Maybe if Trent reverted to a conventional RB role we'd remember how great he can be.

I think it has more to do with Bradley's energy. He's playing like he wants to make the most out of every minute on the pitch. Trent is struggling with injuries a bit at the moment, and can't quite put the same energy in.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: February 21, 2024, 08:57:32 pm »
What a player :wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #967 on: February 21, 2024, 09:50:03 pm »
His big run leading to Diaz's blocked chance lifted the stadium and the team with it. He's class.  Absolute total class.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #968 on: February 21, 2024, 10:20:38 pm »
Absolutely sublime this kid. Love him to bits.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: February 21, 2024, 10:24:03 pm »
He's class. Reminds me of my first glimpses of Andy Robertson and I was confused about why he wasn't first choice, I can't even remember who was keeping him out but but he's been our best left back for many years. This kid could be our best right back since, er, Trent?
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #970 on: February 21, 2024, 10:24:53 pm »
Just been interviewed on LFCTV, so impressed by how calm he is, whether its dealing with a football match or doing an interview. After the recent situation his family should be well proud of the lad. Now in his first Wembley final.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: February 21, 2024, 10:25:48 pm »
Great again tonight. Never worried when you see him in the team, which says a lot about him.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: February 21, 2024, 10:26:20 pm »
He's class. Reminds me of my first glimpses of Andy Robertson and I was confused about why he wasn't first choice, I can't even remember who was keeping him out but but he's been our best left back for many years. This kid could be our best right back since, er, Trent?

Alberto Moreno was your man.

I liked him personally. Good character, good guy technically, just couldn't stop himself from some brain farts though. He did okay for Klopp in that 17/18 season but Robbo came in when he got injured, it was next level and we never looked back.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: February 21, 2024, 10:27:32 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the first names on the team sheet at this stage.

Dare I say it, ahead of Trent?

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: February 21, 2024, 11:10:19 pm »
Both Trent and Robbo benefitted from a player getting an injury. He’s made a hell of a case for himself as starting RB.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #975 on: February 21, 2024, 11:15:28 pm »
What a player.

Happy to see him start against any opposition - his confidence and bravery is on another level, and he lifts the crowd so often with his commitment and energy. Still only 20 and he's already fitting in so well to this side. Fantastic performance.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: February 21, 2024, 11:18:46 pm »
I'd have no fear about Bradley starting in any game. And it's well beyond the situation of him being able to do a job to provide cover. He's worthy of any starting 11, he's fucking brilliant and offers far more that cover during an injury.
Well done lad, well fucking done.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #977 on: February 21, 2024, 11:22:50 pm »
Interesting that the RB roll is not just a Trent thing, Bradley more so in the second half, offered more centrally and more forward. The Trent thang!

Nice.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: February 21, 2024, 11:26:15 pm »
I'd have no fear about Bradley starting in any game. And it's well beyond the situation of him being able to do a job to provide cover. He's worthy of any starting 11, he's fucking brilliant and offers far more that cover during an injury.
Well done lad, well fucking done.

He's been one of the best players on the pitch every time he's played, we're so lucky to have him.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: February 21, 2024, 11:42:37 pm »
He always seemed like a handy player with his pace, engine and decent delivery, but I’ve been really pleasantly surprised by his technical ability. The ball seems to stick to him, and when he’s under pressure he always seems to get the right pass away. He just looks the real deal doesn’t he?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #980 on: February 21, 2024, 11:45:49 pm »
Excellent tonight, possibly my man of the match and was the core component of the key tactical change Klopp made. He saw there was a lack of movement and general pace in the final third, so had Gravenberch and Elliott drop 5-10 yards and pushed Bradley essentially into being an additional forward, where he caused lots of issues and made some actual space for Gakpo to run in to.

Lovely cohesion from player and coach there.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #981 on: February 21, 2024, 11:56:41 pm »
Class tonight, gives us another option given the injury issues in midfield once Trent is back, would love to see them together starting
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #982 on: February 22, 2024, 12:02:04 am »
Interesting that the RB roll is not just a Trent thing, Bradley more so in the second half, offered more centrally and more forward. The Trent thang!

Nice.

I think the turning point was when we switched the roles of Gomez and Bradley.

First half Gomez was inverting and Bradley didn't really get into the game. We looked far better when Bradley inverted second half and started getting more involved.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
« Reply #983 on: February 22, 2024, 12:06:48 am »
Throw in taken quickly... Gakpo!

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: February 22, 2024, 12:09:33 am »
As others have said, you often hope a young fullback will come in and show desire, tenacity and work rate, and he's absolutely got all of that in his locker, but his technical ability is excellent. Defends brilliantly and makes things happen going forwards.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #985 on: February 22, 2024, 12:13:23 am »
Not sure I’ve seen a young player come in so quickly and be effortlessly part of the team since Owen

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: February 22, 2024, 12:31:56 am »
He looks incredible when you take into account the games he's played. I don't think it can be argued that he isn't first choice at rb for the moment.

I don't understand the comparisons to robbo. Robbo is an incredible left back but this kid looks like he could play nearly any position and you'd get a performance out of him. Shades of early Gerrard about him in style and impact.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #987 on: February 22, 2024, 12:46:13 am »
He looks incredible when you take into account the games he's played. I don't think it can be argued that he isn't first choice at rb for the moment.

I don't understand the comparisons to robbo. Robbo is an incredible left back but this kid looks like he could play nearly any position and you'd get a performance out of him. Shades of early Gerrard about him in style and impact.
Aye.

His international coaches think O'Neill should play him in midfield for the Norn Iron ... that's how highly they rate him.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: February 22, 2024, 12:55:26 am »
Aye.

His international coaches think O'Neill should play him in midfield for the Norn Iron ... that's how highly they rate him.
wasted at right back for that team. He should be an an attacking mid for them.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #989 on: February 22, 2024, 01:11:53 am »
Aye.

He was a right winger until we signed him for the academy.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: February 22, 2024, 01:19:36 am »
wasted at right back for that team. He should be an an attacking mid for them.

Has the tools to become one of the great British players, a legend on our Island.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: February 22, 2024, 01:58:05 am »
get him to grow his hair a bit longer and bleach it

we got ourselves a new jason mcateer!

how the hell did he flew under the radar for so long. he just stepped in and has made us not missed our best right back in ages. For all the talk of inverting, him holding the width does bring something different to the squad.

absolutely the embodiment of a modern full back. energy for days and technically sound.

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: February 22, 2024, 02:18:13 am »
Trent must be very worried about his RB position.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: February 22, 2024, 03:07:37 am »
Trent must be very worried about his RB position.
I doubt it.
Bradley been excellent but Trent passing is another level of good. It should benefit Trent too as he can be rotated or subbed off more also in a way to manage his minutes. Play 3 90s in a row with midweek games is a lot for Fbs, so being able to be subbed off or come on at like 60 will help keep him fresher.
With 5 subs. I think Ideally it 2 Midfielder, 2 Attacker every game that should be subbed and 1 Wildcard one(FB,MF,Attacker, CB(if you need 60/30 somebody)).

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #994 on: February 22, 2024, 03:52:00 am »
As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the first names on the team sheet at this stage.

Dare I say it, ahead of Trent?

I just know that he’s one of the first players on the teamsheet , wherever Trent plays.

He’s been phenomenal and is a frightening talent.
YWNA

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #995 on: February 22, 2024, 06:45:35 am »
Excellent tonight, possibly my man of the match and was the core component of the key tactical change Klopp made. He saw there was a lack of movement and general pace in the final third, so had Gravenberch and Elliott drop 5-10 yards and pushed Bradley essentially into being an additional forward, where he caused lots of issues and made some actual space for Gakpo to run in to.

Lovely cohesion from player and coach there.

That was great to watch unfold, that tactical switch. He offers such quality tactical flexiblity, and it wouldn't be inconceivable to see him pair with Trent on the right, whether Trent is inverting as RB or Trent is playing ahead of him in midfield.

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #996 on: February 22, 2024, 06:49:33 am »
While Trent's passing and vision is on another level, I don't think it's outrageous to say that Bradley is better defensively, but I'd also say he's clearly quicker, a better dribbler, and also just better technically and more press resistant. Like, I legitimately feel like he could play one of the 8 roles and look quite decent, which I don't think about Trent, who I think as a mid really is only suited to playing as a deep lying playmaker in a double pivot, because I don't think he's great at retaining the ball under intense pressure (not to mention it greatly limits his primary strength).
« Last Edit: February 22, 2024, 06:51:59 am by Dundalis »

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: February 22, 2024, 06:55:32 am »
To be the catalyst for overturning a 1 goal deficit at 20 takes some doing, the crowd fed off his energy and drive and the rest was history.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: February 22, 2024, 06:57:02 am »
Bradley pressed harder than Trent too far more aggressive.
Trent i think can play alongside Mac

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: February 22, 2024, 07:26:25 am »
I doubt it.
Bradley been excellent but Trent passing is another level of good. It should benefit Trent too as he can be rotated or subbed off more also in a way to manage his minutes. Play 3 90s in a row with midweek games is a lot for Fbs, so being able to be subbed off or come on at like 60 will help keep him fresher.
With 5 subs. I think Ideally it 2 Midfielder, 2 Attacker every game that should be subbed and 1 Wildcard one(FB,MF,Attacker, CB(if you need 60/30 somebody)).

The problem Trent has is it's not clear to me whether we really need another deep lying playmaker who isn't particularly press resistant. It's possible we've upgraded the midfield enough to make that role less necessary for the RB to fulfil. That said, the Trent who was a solid defender and played a mostly traditional RB role (albeit very high up the pitch) was the best RB in the world so if we can get that player back he'll be in the first 11 when fit.