Author Topic: smarty sims - worth it?  (Read 873 times)

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
smarty sims - worth it?
« on: April 25, 2023, 04:33:22 pm »
thinking of possibly jibbing my broadband contract and mobile phone contract and getting one of these instead

so anyone got one of their sim deals? is it a good value service?

also, is the coverage good enough when watching the footy on your phone?

and will 200GB data per month suffice watching about 15-20 HD football matches a month? i did an online calculator which said it would be fine but thought i'd better ask you knowledgable lot  :wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: smarty sims - worth it?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 05:05:25 pm »
I'm with Smarty, pay £12 per month and they are on the three network, not had any issues with them at all.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023, 05:14:33 pm »

and will 200GB data per month suffice watching about 15-20 HD football matches a month? i did an online calculator which said it would be fine but thought i'd better ask you knowledgable lot  :wave

I'm assuming you mean 1080p, in which case it's roughly 3GB per hour of playback, so 4.5GB per match, so 200 GB is more than enough
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 08:31:42 am »
cheers for that fellas  :wave
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2023, 04:25:46 pm »
I switched to them just over a year ago. The only complaint I have is that the app is quite possibly the slowest I've ever used since the recent-ish revamp. Other than that minor annoyance, not a problem to speak of.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2023, 06:44:37 pm »
I got a little mobile MiFi device that I use when we're in Lanzarote as our building has got ridiculously shite wifi.  I buy a Smarty data sim for the device and basically use it to watch Netflix, stream football etc and it works well, if we're there longer than a few weeks I get my wife and eldest to also get a sim as they have a 12gb fair usage policy while abroad which is fair enough as most charge you per day since we cleverly left the EU.  I don't use them in the UK as obviously we have our own phone contracts and broadband, but while away I've been impressed, it obviously depends on what signal you get but if you have a solid 4g signal Smarty are fantastic value.

Agree re the App.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2023, 10:20:03 pm »
No idea if they’re any good but the latest advert with the farmer selling onions and potatoes for crypto currency is funny
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2023, 07:07:06 am »
thanks for all the feedback - even for the advert  :wave