Author Topic: Real Madrid v Liverpool - UEFA Champions League R16 Second Leg, 15 March 2023  (Read 18596 times)

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
It is prophesied we win this and we get to the final.

So we will.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
This would probably eclipse Barcelona and Istanbul if it was turned around.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan

Only bettered by Bobby Ewing and that Dallas shower scene, now that was a comeback and a half.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
Can we do it? Absolutely.
Will we do it? Eeeesh not sure.

First goal is understandably key. With injuries in midfield, tonight feels like a chance to play 3 at the back with Robbo and Trent as wingers. Back 4 against these lot doesn't work, not the way we play with our fullbacks.

Need to go into half time at least 1 up.

Offline whiteboots

• Kopite
The weather is good here. Had a smashing time looking round the Old Palace yesterday before enjoying some tapas in the evening. Really optimistic we will win tonight, whether by enough is another matter.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
We need to stop them scoring. I'm not convinced we can shut them out. I don't think they're anywhere near as good as their results suggest, but they're a fucking grinding machine when it comes to the CL.

I hope Rafa is talking tactics with Jurgen as we speak.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
I don't think we'll do it I don't even think we'll come close as we are far too leaky at the back but it would be kinda nice to go 2 up again just to get that giddy feeling and make them nervous

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
there were doubts when we were down vs rampant milan claimed to be one of the best sides at that time

there were doubts when we were down vs a side that contains messi at its peak and without our top scorer.

there are doubts now.

but we are built different. we have always been written off again and again and have proved others wrong

LETS SMASH THESE FUCKERS. the squad players need to step up and create their own history!

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Cheers Raid. I suspect this OP might be the highlight of the tie !!

Let's face it we've been their bitch, simple as. They have "tactically" (fouling Mo out etc etc ) outgunned us in 2 finals and 2 knockout ties so far. They have scored wonder goals but generally the same goal, by the same player. We have been handing them goal after goal, game after game. We've continuously shot ourselves in both feet.
So realistically there is only one way this game is going but ....

We stop handing them easy goals and stop giving Vini Jnr the same goal. That would be a start.

Score first, second and then let's see how they roll. It can be done. We will need good luck (for a change) and hope. All our players have massive ego's, they think they are the best, they've been the best and all they need is for things to go right for them and they will feel entitled to smash Madrid. So there's no realistic way this is going to happen but it doesn't mean that it can't.

So I'm going for a 1-4.  :D

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Need to do what Ajax did to them in 2019. Hell of an ask but what’s football without hope.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
Why is it that I’ve not believed we can make a comeback and then on the day of the game I get all giddy and starting dreaming big haha

The Liverpool effect  ;D

Think there’s quite a few of us going through the same emotions mate

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Only bettered by Bobby Ewing and that Dallas shower scene, now that was a comeback and a half.

Would be a better comeback than John Travolta, from when he was shit in the 1980s.

If we can stop them scoring and score four goals of our own, I think that would be the best strategy
to use.

;D :-*
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 02:42:48 pm by lionel_messias »
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
Vinicius pulling up in a pre match warm up has his left leg has fallen off following a nasty tackle by Modric, where he snapped his ankle would be very helpful. Thank you in advance Fowler.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
I hope we do, but I believe that it would only top Barcelona and Istanbul if we went on to win it.
Both those victories ended in a CL win that season.

On tonight's game, be prepared for the most blatant stretching of the rules. They are experts at it.
They will break up play, break up any momentum, win frees, get players booked. They will do whatever it takes. They are winners. Unfortunately they are usually accommodated by officials.
Think back to their victory v city. I think there were almost 10 minutes of time to go after they went ahead. I'm not convinced the ball was in play for 2 of those minutes. Hugely frustrating (although not on that occasion, lol)

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
7-0 to Liverpool. Don't claim to be surprised, you bastards.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
1st minute penalty( which we score)  with their keeper sent off would be a nice start…

The ref tonight has bit of a dodgy past. Once served a 6 month ban. Madrid have probably already handed out a few brown envelopes to ensure no early penalties or red cards against them.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
The Henderson news completely slipped past me - just reading that now. Heard this morning Bajcetic was out and wasn't overly concerned - I wouldn't have had him in the starting line up, but Henderson missing is a shame.

Fabinho - Milner - Elliot is the midfield I expect.

For the game itself, I think just go out and try and win the game. I really don't want another hammering.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
The weather is good here. Had a smashing time looking round the Old Palace yesterday before enjoying some tapas in the evening. Really optimistic we will win tonight, whether by enough is another matter.

(Try and) enjoy!

Stay safe.  :)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The ref tonight has bit of a dodgy past. Once served a 6 month ban. Madrid have probably already handed out a few brown envelopes to ensure no early penalties or red cards against them.

What was the ban for mate?

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan

What was the ban for mate?

Dogging on a disabled parking bay.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
The Henderson news completely slipped past me - just reading that now. Heard this morning Bajcetic was out and wasn't overly concerned - I wouldn't have had him in the starting line up, but Henderson missing is a shame.

Fabinho - Milner - Elliot is the midfield I expect.

For the game itself, I think just go out and try and win the game. I really don't want another hammering.

Milner!

*sends for hard drugs*
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
It's effectively a free hit and we've got our full compliment of attacking players, we might as well just play a double-pivot with Gakpo ahead of them, stick Nunez through the middle and see what happens.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
It's effectively a free hit and we've got our full compliment of attacking players, we might as well just play a double-pivot with Gakpo ahead of them, stick Nunez through the middle and see what happens.

This is what I'd like to see.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's a bit silly perhaps but we are the team that you kinda expect would will beat them and advance. But can't say this is the season that fits that mindset. But why the fuck not aye? Lets do it

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just give it your best shot lads. We have to go for it so hopefully we take our chances and they have a bad day at the office.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's Real Madrid, they don't panic or choke leads in this tournament, they have knocked us out almost every season in the last few years, if we were playing Spurs or something we would have a chance.

Hope fully we got no more injuries and put in a solid performance and don't disgrace ourselves, you can't really expect anything else. Top 4 is crucial to this club finances as we are not exactly cash rich to buy players for our rebuild.

Why do you even bother?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Madrid are on their high horse over Barcelona, they're too honest to do shit like bribing refs..........

;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dogging on a disabled parking bay.

;D

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Still remember it like yesterday watching us get absolutely pole axed by Milan for 45 minutes. It made three weeks ago v Real a day in the park as we were blown out of the water by a team that not only looked world class on paper, they played their best 45 minutes in years against us. If it was a boxing match everyone would have thrown the towel in as every sign was there that they would continue to batter us into the worst defeat ever in a European final.

The team was fecked, any changes Rafa had in mind was thrown out the window when Finnan was not able to play all of the second half so more spanners were thrown into the works after getting run off the pitch in the first half.

Long story short if Liverpool who were flat on their backs, out for the count was able to make the comeback of all comebacks with such a short turnaround then we got a chance tonight. Cmon the Reds.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Put it this way, because it's us, anybody that knows anything about footy knows it's not over yet. Lots of nervous bitters about etc, cos they dread the unthinkable happening....that's cos it might!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline faizreds

• Boys Pen
We will win 4-0 because the game time is 4:00 a.m. here in Malaysia

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
Are you all saying there's a chance ?
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think we're capable of scoring 4, but I don't think we're capable of keeping them out.

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
Allison
Milner
Konate
VVD
Robbo
Jones
Fabinho
Elliot
Salah
Gakpo
Jota

if this rumoured starting XI is true I will be mostly hid behind the couch tonight. gonna be awful

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Are you all saying there's a chance ?

There's ALWAYS a chance (until the final whistle).

:)

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Allison
Milner
Konate
VVD
Robbo
Jones
Fabinho
Elliot
Salah
Gakpo
Jota

if this rumoured starting XI is true I will be mostly hid behind the couch tonight. gonna be awful

Is this from the 'leak' bloke, mate?

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Allison
Milner
Konate
VVD
Robbo
Jones
Fabinho
Elliot
Salah
Gakpo
Jota

Ah alright I take it all back then...  ;D ;D
Rodgers vs Real Madrid deja vu, or vs Barcelona 0-3 deja vu?

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Allison
Milner
Konate
VVD
Robbo
Jones
Fabinho
Elliot
Salah
Gakpo
Jota

Surely we need Nunez for this

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
Is this from the 'leak' bloke, mate?

yer you know him. he's welsh  ;) ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Allison
Milner
Konate
VVD
Robbo
Jones
Fabinho
Elliot
Salah
Gakpo
Jota

You;re a dumb mofo if you think Trent and Darwin aren't playing.