Poll

If you had to support another PL club, which would it be?

Arsenal
Aston Villa
Bournemouth
Brentford
Brighton and Hove Albion
Chelsea
Crystal Palace
Everton
Fulham
Leicester City
Leeds United
Manchester City
Manchester United
Newcastle United
Nottingham Forest
Southampton
Tottenham Hotspur
West Ham United
Wolverhampton Wanderers

Author Topic: If you had to support another PL club, which would it be?  (Read 4429 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: If you had to support another PL club, which would it be?
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2023, 09:51:32 pm »
No other PL club for me. Vardar Skopje as local, Hajduk Split as regional, and Borussia Dortmund as European ...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2023, 09:53:33 pm »
I'd hate to be Everton fan, with the hate so ingrained into them they can't see past it, they're like the Grays & Braithwaite's from Red Dead Redemption 2 rolled into one.

With no LFC, surely the hate wouldn't be there? Most of us from Liverpool would be Blues too, so that would dilute the lunacy
Jurgen YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2023, 09:56:46 pm »
Forest I guess…
As a kid my mum would sometimes get free tickets from the club as she worked in a home for ‘maladjusted kids’. Used to go to watch the reserve matches against Liverpool when I was older
Plus the city ground has a real romance about it being near the river and Trent bridge.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2023, 09:58:35 pm »
With no LFC, surely the hate wouldn't be there? Most of us from Liverpool would be Blues too, so that would dilute the lunacy

You never know with that lot, they'd find someone else for the hate & lunacy.
#Sausages

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2023, 09:58:41 pm »
Deary me the amount of support for Leeds. Anyone here remember the 70's! Suppose soft spots for certain clubs depends on eras. Sure the younger generation would have no reason to beef with the likes of Leeds, Forrest etc while the oldies would.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2023, 10:01:22 pm »
You never know with that lot, they'd find someone else for the hate & lunacy.

All I can say is thank fuck the tight bastards wouldn't pay the rent, I'd hate to be a bitter.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2023, 10:41:29 pm »
I know things aren't great but fucking hell.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2023, 10:46:07 pm »
No Liverpool option ?

Some poll this is .

Tottenham at 0% . Keep it that way

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2023, 10:52:16 pm »
Deary me the amount of support for Leeds. Anyone here remember the 70's! Suppose soft spots for certain clubs depends on eras. Sure the younger generation would have no reason to beef with the likes of Leeds, Forrest etc while the oldies would.
I voted Leeds and I was a regular through the 70s. 🙃
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2023, 10:54:33 pm »
Can we have an option for non of the above, as i wouldn't follow another current premier league team if we didn't exist?
#Sausages

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2023, 10:58:26 pm »
Can we have an option for non of the above, as i wouldn't follow another current premier league team if we didn't exist?
Outside of this hypothetical thread question, the reality is that if there was no Liverpool anymore I'd bin football off altogether. If I wasn't already entrenched I'd think the entire sport in modern times was a steaming pile of shite.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2023, 11:00:43 pm »
I wouldn't support another PL club; would probably support a team from some minnow league as it would probably be more fun. Paide Linnameskond it is  :D

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2023, 11:00:46 pm »
That would be the option of not voting?
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2023, 11:06:10 pm »
Palace, great home support.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2023, 11:58:47 pm »
I’m from Liverpool, it would have be Everton….thanks a fuckin bunch lad!  ;D

Same here ,living in Anfield growing  from about 72 to 75 I would go with my  blue mates in the boys pen at goodison then they would come the boys pen at Anfield the following Saturday so It would have to be them 😀

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 1, 2023, 07:03:52 am »
Probably Arsenal for me. I grew up with that Arsenal team of the early 2000s. Honestly speaking, I hated United before I loved Liverpool - and Arsenal were the team putting it to them back then.

I came from a big time Celtic background. Half Irish/Half Scottish. Dad's side are all from Cambuslang (just up on the hill looking over Parkhead). As a kid, we had quite a few season tickets in the family in the Jungle. My mate (we were both probably 8-9 or something) was a Celtic and Liverpool fan. I got into the Reds back then through him in 2000/2001 or so. Each year since then, my love for Liverpool has grown and my love for Celtic has dropped. Of course, I'll always be Celtic, too. I just don't have as much interest in them since Rangers went into admininistration (and I can't be arsed with all the sectarian shite as an adult).

I remember we used to watch the PL games before and after the Celtic games - either at home or in the smoky boozers outside the ground where I'd drink Lucozade and munch on crisps. I was always rooting for Arsenal. My late Grandfather, I felt, always had a soft spot for that United team of the late 90's/early 2000's. He was a typical old fashioned, Catholic Grandfather. I think he liked the old fashioned characters in that United team (Fergie, Keane etc).  He never did like me moving more towards Liverpool. And I never did get him to admit his soft spot for United.  ;D

A bit of a long winded post just to say Arsenal, but the nostalgia got to me. ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #56 on: March 1, 2023, 07:09:51 am »
Glory hunter.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #58 on: March 1, 2023, 07:50:25 am »
I’ve thought about this properly and it would be Aston Villa.  I always liked them anyway, I used to go and see them with my mate when he lived there, and the ground is fabulous.

They would drive me mad though.  I’m always looking for a giant-hiding-in-plain-sight, but Villa are something else, they’re a big club who don’t even know they’re a big club.  Mental combination of having a European Cup in the cabinet and being happy to sing ‘we’re going to win 4-3’.  It comes out in weird ways, like the pitch invasion when they beat West Brom in the QFs - great attitude, completely misplaced target for it.  They aren’t even a sleeping giant, I’ve had a look and they’ve only been down a handful of seasons.

I’d be completely insufferable too, I’d be demanding we all live up to the standards of the 1890s lads, and faintly mystified why that wasn’t happening.  I’m not sure Villa fans know about them to be honest.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #59 on: March 1, 2023, 08:11:15 am »
If we had never existed in the first place then it would be Everton I suppose - they wouldn't be anything like the team they are now would they?  Nor would the bitterness exist.

If we were to disappear now - then I would support Tranmere Rovers.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 1, 2023, 08:11:19 am »
Probably Arsenal for me. I grew up with that Arsenal team of the early 2000s. Honestly speaking, I hated United before I loved Liverpool - and Arsenal were the team putting it to them back then.

I came from a big time Celtic background. Half Irish/Half Scottish. Dad's side are all from Cambuslang (just up on the hill looking over Parkhead). As a kid, we had quite a few season tickets in the family in the Jungle. My mate (we were both probably 8-9 or something) was a Celtic and Liverpool fan. I got into the Reds back then through him in 2000/2001 or so. Each year since then, my love for Liverpool has grown and my love for Celtic has dropped. Of course, I'll always be Celtic, too. I just don't have as much interest in them since Rangers went into admininistration (and I can't be arsed with all the sectarian shite as an adult).

I remember we used to watch the PL games before and after the Celtic games - either at home or in the smoky boozers outside the ground where I'd drink Lucozade and munch on crisps. I was always rooting for Arsenal. My late Grandfather, I felt, always had a soft spot for that United team of the late 90's/early 2000's. He was a typical old fashioned, Catholic Grandfather. I think he liked the old fashioned characters in that United team (Fergie, Keane etc).  He never did like me moving more towards Liverpool. And I never did get him to admit his soft spot for United.  ;D

A bit of a long winded post just to say Arsenal, but the nostalgia got to me. ;D

Always thought you were a top poster by the way.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 1, 2023, 08:11:57 am »
Glory hunter.

Did you vote for Liverpool?

Offline Saltashscouse

• Legacy Fan
  • Born and bred to support the Reds
« Reply #62 on: March 1, 2023, 08:16:44 am »
Back in the 70s and early eighties when Liverpool were playing away I'd often go and watch Everton with some bluenose mates and i would actually cheer them on

However , since Everton morphed  into bitter bastards I could no longer give them anything but disdain

Since 1999 I have lived in Plymouth and in all that time never watched them , I could easily start to watch Argyle  if I had to , especially with a Scouser in charge ( Steven Schumacher ) albeit an ex Everton youth player
Jan Molby once bought me a pint 🍺

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #63 on: March 1, 2023, 08:41:05 am »
Whoever Everton were playing

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #64 on: March 1, 2023, 09:08:31 am »
I’m a wool bought up in the West Country so Everton would never have been an option. I’ve supported Liverpool ever since I really became aware of, and followed, football. So about 69/70 when I was very young and was given a Liverpool mug as a gift from someone and thankfully I’ve never looked back.

On reflection, if LFC had never existed then I think it’s highly likely I would have followed West Ham. The only reason is that in those days the England World Cup win was still very fresh, Bobby Moore was something of a demi god and where I was kids pretended to be Geoff Hurst when scoring. It was either him, Best or Pele for a short while.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 1, 2023, 09:24:51 am »
If Liverpool didn't exist then I wouldn't watch another minute of football ever, I've lost interest so much in the past 10 years.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #66 on: March 1, 2023, 09:27:11 am »
Where the fuck is 'none of them'

If LFC went out of business, I'd support a local non-league club like Marine. And how the fuck isn't Marine or Southport or the non-leage Liverpool club on there?

You'd have to be one proper gobshite to stop supporting the Reds and support another 'Premier' League side.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #67 on: March 1, 2023, 09:28:42 am »
Live in Nottingham these days so Forest is the most likely option.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #68 on: March 1, 2023, 09:29:04 am »
Did you vote for Liverpool?

Knew you’d be piping up. :D

Wouldn’t let me vote Liverpool. Should I use this opportunity to say it would probably be Brentford in this hypothetical scenario! Stadium a bus ride away, or a long walk on a nice day. As yet, fans seem ok and not a bunch of arseholes which is an increasing rarity. Decent to watch  and an all round nice story.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 1, 2023, 09:29:39 am »
Everton. I started supporting Liverpool because of my granddad who lived close to the city and used to go to the games and I wanted to support a different club to what the majority of my family supported. I would imagine that if Liverpool didn't exist, he would have supported Everton.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #70 on: March 1, 2023, 10:23:21 am »
Leicester for the obvious reason

If I was literally just choosing anyone not based on location or anything, I think Brentford and Brighton are both nice clubs. Brighton probably a nice one to follow, a few nice weekends down there, good football, nice fanbase.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #71 on: March 1, 2023, 10:29:54 am »
Burton Albion and Derby County are my nearest teams, though they're not PL sides (and aren't likely to be anytime soon).  I still have a membership at Reading, where I used to live.  But, no Liverpool, no footy.  I'd just stick to Rugby League and watch Saints every week.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: March 1, 2023, 10:32:10 am »
Bizarre thread, but interesting.

If the question is saying Liverpool folded into oblivion right now, I'd barely watch the PL let alone choose another club. I certainly wouldn't pick a club because I like the city or political affiliations, because each club in the league has good fans and nobhead fans, and each city in this country has nice people and crap people, it's all the same. Leeds, Forest, Newcastle etc sing horrible stuff about us, but they all have loads of Labour MPs, it makes no difference.

And whilst I like Palace as a club and have mates who follow them from when I lived in South London, I might go and watch the odd game but I wouldn't care. If Liverpool disappeared it would end my passion for top level football completely. I now live in Macclesfield, I go to some of their games when we have a free Saturday and would probably just spend my Saturday's watching them climb up the non-leagues, but I'd do so without that passion and emotion I follow us with.

But, if the question is who I'd follow if Liverpool FC had never existed, well I'd be an Everton fan, 100%. If we'd never existed none of the stuff I dislike about them would exist either so Everton would be Liverpool basically, just the club in my home city me and everyone I know followed. All the culture and Liverpool-specific stuff that made Liverpool FC great would have flowed into Everton over the years instead (some of it already has obviously) and I'd probably follow them with every bit as much passion as I follow Liverpool.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #73 on: March 1, 2023, 10:42:34 am »
Couldn’t support another Prem team. My mum and dad were blues but the kids turned out reds (long story). I now live down south and my nearest team is Sutton United and I go stand on the terrace for their home games. It’s a refreshingly old school ground, worst in the league but I really enjoy going.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #74 on: March 1, 2023, 10:47:39 am »
Gander Green Lane it something like that?!

Remember them knocking out top flight Coventry in the FA Cup back in the day. Matthew Hanlon with the winner! Probably a bricklayer.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #75 on: March 1, 2023, 10:53:18 am »
Please can you add another option or options

Honestly who the fuck would support another Premier League side? Absolute shite.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 1, 2023, 10:55:35 am »
Please can you add another option or options

Honestly who the fuck would support another Premier League side? Absolute shite.

I think If we ceased to exist then I wouldn't have it in me to support another premier league team. It's not really a choice is it, you have to be born into it, I think anyway.

I wouldn't actively support any other team, I'd probably want tranmere to do well. That's about it.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 1, 2023, 11:07:27 am »
If I 'had to' then probably Arsenal as I could walk there. Chelsea & West Ham easily accessible too. Been to Highbury back in the day and been on the North Bank a few times, the fans are ok, the club has decent history and the people in the area are generally sound. Songs are shit but that's standard outside LFC.

However, if LFC ceased to exist now, I probably wouldn't pick another team and I'd stop watching football.

If LFC never existed I would probably of ended a Spurs fan, so thank fuck for that :)

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 1, 2023, 11:08:28 am »
Southampton for me. Purely because my daughter had a life saving operation there and the nicest man I've ever met in my life was her surgeon and is a Southampton local.
Otherwise maybe Forest I used to love watching them when they had Collymore, Van Hoojdonk and Bryan Roy

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 1, 2023, 11:08:28 am »
Knew you’d be piping up. :D

Wouldn’t let me vote Liverpool. Should I use this opportunity to say it would probably be Brentford in this hypothetical scenario! Stadium a bus ride away, or a long walk on a nice day. As yet, fans seem ok and not a bunch of arseholes which is an increasing rarity. Decent to watch  and an all round nice story.

Yes I’d go Brentford too, I like their players , down to earth, you could walk into your local bookie and find them there.