Author Topic: FAC4R: BHA 2 vs 1 Liverpool Elliot 30’ Dunk 39’ Mitoma 90+2’  (Read 28055 times)

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: FAC4R: BHA 2 vs 1 Liverpool Elliot 30’ Dunk 39’ Mitoma 90+2’
« Reply #480 on: January 29, 2023, 04:52:54 pm »
Sorted that for you. That goal should never be allowed to happen. It was Sunday league-esque! Gomez flying across whilst turning his back is one of the worst pieces of defending i've seen anyone in a Liverpool shirt. Just stand your ground ffs. Should be nowhere near our team & I'll be honest, if he left, he'd likely be playing in the Championship within 4 years.

Spot on to be honest, Gomez showed such promise earlier in his career with us and we all remember his level with vvd at their peak, but his performances this season have shown serious regression. Probably all those injuries taking their toll, really sad. What he did today for that goal was shocking, it’s lovren levels.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: January 29, 2023, 04:53:12 pm »
Not arsed about going out but it's just another laughable result really. Sad part is that it's expected. We are in a sorry state right now; this is our level.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #482 on: January 29, 2023, 04:55:22 pm »
For the people moaning, would you really want another replay at Anfield in a week or two?

Not sure that it would have been good for the club. We have players to come back and the manager and players have a lot of work to do.

If it had gone to a replay, I think we'd likely have lost as we almost certainly would have been forced to field a second string given how many fixtures are left to play.

I'm not that arsed to be honest. Thought the World Cup would ruin the season and it has.
I’d definitely have preferred a replay to going out. Sometimes the path to silverware takes us all over the place and a trophy is sometimes all the sweeter for it.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: January 29, 2023, 04:56:15 pm »
A last minute cup defeat will never not feel like a massive kick in the balls. Not Old Trafford 99 granted, but still feels terrible. Think I’m more accepting when we’re completely awful or we’ll beaten because you know there’s no excuses. Losing a tight game feels worse.

Definitely. Was thinking about the replay and how that would be something to look forward to but Mitoma's goal was a real sickener. Doesn't feel great when that happens.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mickl

• many mickls makes a muckl
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #484 on: January 29, 2023, 04:57:22 pm »
But Brighton are a handy team. Our performance was much improved, and gives up something to build on. Despair not.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #485 on: January 29, 2023, 04:58:38 pm »
if Joe Gomez fronts Mitoma instead of turning his back and jumping to the side, that we'd still be in the hat tomorrow. That was a big defensive error imo.

Correct and that's the problem with Joe. He was having one of his better games an then there it is and it can and will happen in every game at any point. Sometimes we get away with it sometimes we don't.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #486 on: January 29, 2023, 04:59:50 pm »
For the people moaning, would you really want another replay at Anfield in a week or two?

Not sure that it would have been good for the club. We have players to come back and the manager and players have a lot of work to do.

If it had gone to a replay, I think we'd likely have lost as we almost certainly would have been forced to field a second string given how many fixtures are left to play.

I'm not that arsed to be honest. Thought the World Cup would ruin the season and it has.

Yes, what we need is games. Games that will hopefully play us into some sort of form. Would have been nice to be in with a chance of winning a trophy too.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 05:04:55 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2023, 05:00:34 pm »
The only positive about a shit season is that you get less down about individual results.

Very true. Battling City for the last few seasons is tiresome. Have to win every game so huge tension in every match. Was so relaxed today and actually didn't think we were as bad as some are saying. Clearly we are not great either but we were better than what we have been recently.

I think if we had won that 2-1 people would be seeing the overall improvement. Losing last minute is always a killer.

Anyway back to the drawing board - some new midfielders would help but the tight arse powers that be won't be up for that.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #488 on: January 29, 2023, 05:01:23 pm »
Definitely. Was thinking about the replay and how that would be something to look forward to but Mitoma's goal was a real sickener. Doesn't feel great when that happens.
Yep. Was thinking we’d do them at Anfield, so not a bad result in the end, then absolutely gutted.

What we all really wanted was a winner in front of those away fans. Fantastic turn out that. I was craving seeing them go berserk (and they really would have).

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: January 29, 2023, 05:01:23 pm »
I'm always gutted going out of the cup. Gutted for the lads and Klopp that we couldn't have gone on a nice enjoyable cup run.

However, I don't think it's unfair or throwing anyone under the bus to state that if Joe Gomez fronts Mitoma instead of turning his back and jumping to the side, that we'd still be in the hat tomorrow. That was a big defensive error imo.

Gomez is a liability at the moment. We probably would have conceded earlier if it hadn't been for Konate, thanks to another error from him.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jόrgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #490 on: January 29, 2023, 05:01:40 pm »
I'm always gutted going out of the cup. Gutted for the lads and Klopp that we couldn't have gone on a nice enjoyable cup run.

However, I don't think it's unfair or throwing anyone under the bus to state that if Joe Gomez fronts Mitoma instead of turning his back and jumping to the side, that we'd still be in the hat tomorrow. That was a big defensive error imo.

If you are going to blame someone then Robertson too should be criticised it was him who gave the free kick away. As ever with these goals its a combined number of errors which lead to the goal. I agree with the manager we have to defend as a team and we didn't in those latter stages.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #491 on: January 29, 2023, 05:01:55 pm »
Yes, what we need is games. Games that will helpfully play us into some sort of form. Would have been nice to be in with a chance of winning a trophy too.

yeah we won't get better training or resting..we need games to play us into some sort of form.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: January 29, 2023, 05:02:43 pm »

Christ on a bike!

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: January 29, 2023, 05:03:18 pm »
yeah we won't get better training or resting..we need games to play us into some sort of form.

And confidence from winning games.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #494 on: January 29, 2023, 05:03:40 pm »
Not bothered about being knocked out to be honest. Improved performance but that’s saying something. It’s Brighton! 

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #495 on: January 29, 2023, 05:04:04 pm »
But Brighton are a handy team. Our performance was much improved, and gives up something to build on. Despair not.

We looked like a mid-table team today (which we are). We are missing some key players but the whole intensity of the team has dropped off a cliff. We don’t press as hard as we did and we give the ball away too cheaply. Our players tend to come off 2nd best in most challenges. There’s no sign of things improving and all we seem to talk about is Bellingham as if he will transform a team that is no longer competitive. Klopp isn’t getting any help and in time, I fear, it will take its toll.
#JFT97

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: January 29, 2023, 05:04:59 pm »

Yes, made up we went out  ::)

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #497 on: January 29, 2023, 05:05:16 pm »
Gah, an improved performance, but kieta is crap, there's no two ways about it...Gakpo showing glimpses, nunez had little impact, Elliot is a ray of light inthis team. Surprised at Thiago, he was sloppy.. I know Konate was close to the edge, but overall i thought he was very good.. Fabinho should have been sent off...
Another trophy lost... we need to get better to give Real a game, you never know with Liverpool in Europe, we always have a chance...
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
« Reply #498 on: January 29, 2023, 05:06:31 pm »

Eh yes, why would anyone, we would still be able to win the bloody cup!
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #499 on: January 29, 2023, 05:06:52 pm »
I mean this is what Gomez is now. He’s fine 99% of the time but can no longer sustain the consistency across whole games. The last game there Welbeck just embarrassed him as well.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #500 on: January 29, 2023, 05:14:00 pm »
There’s no sign of things improving and all we seem to talk about is Bellingham as if he will transform a team that is no longer competitive. Klopp isn’t getting any help and in time, I fear, it will take its toll.

And there is all this talk (bullshit) about have a big summer transfer window - basically writing off the rest of this season. Problem is this summer Mo also becomes 31 and Van Dijk 32. As well as a new midfield we should be looking at their replacements - or is that going to Joe Gomez and Elliot? Bellingham alone is not the answer.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #501 on: January 29, 2023, 05:19:14 pm »
2.0 xg given up ….. personnel and system changes (our fullbacks aren’t going forward currently) but the outcome doesn’t change - huge chances given up every game

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #502 on: January 29, 2023, 05:20:18 pm »
Imagine blaming Gomez for that goal then saying he would be a championship player.

Best fans in the world right ?

Mate, I've said it for years and all you superfans keep bigging the lad up as if he's Cannavaro. 'Aint nobody, like Joe Gomez' is his song - it's fucking embarrassing. 

Since his horrendous injury, he's been absolutely nowhere near the standard we need at the club. It's not his fault he's picked, in the same way it was Moreno's fault he was god awful either, but lets not pretend that he's good just because he wears a Liverpool shirt, because he's not.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: January 29, 2023, 05:21:18 pm »
He's played 95% of his career games as a left winger.

Maybe. I have no idea. I'm not going to pretend I watch the Eredivisie. But I know from what I've seen of him in the World Cup and for us so far, he doesn't look like a winger in a Klopp side.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: January 29, 2023, 05:21:42 pm »
2.0 xg given up ….. personnel and system changes (our fullbacks aren’t going forward currently) but the outcome doesn’t change - huge chances given up every game

Be interesting to know what the xG against was for the first 60 minutes compared to the final 30, it felt like we went from edging a very open game to trying to weather the storm.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: January 29, 2023, 05:23:04 pm »
Just thinking of those chances Salah and Elliot had in the first half. Took one of those and we might have been still in the FA Cup.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: January 29, 2023, 05:23:30 pm »

Thank you John  :wellin
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: January 29, 2023, 05:28:36 pm »
I don't think it's as simple as blaming the "old folk". Personally I thought Milner played and battled well. Better than Trent at least. And I don't think Henderson did much wrong individually. And where we lost control was taking off one of the "old folk" in Thiago, along with Bajcetic. With Jones and especially Fabinho on (the one out of the veterans who really should be ashamed of himself), we lost our grip.

Personally I still think most of our older players can contribute positively the rest of the season. Fabinho is the one who's a liability and absolutely miles from the level required right now.

Milner didn't do as well as Trent. He got roasted two or three times by mitoma, which resulted in Konate being dragged out of position, for the chance late on; then for the goal was out of position, didn't bother trying to close down the cross and that cost us the goal.  Let's not forget that the best chance Brighton had in the first half (16 mins after thiago made o e of many poor passes) - Trent made a wonderful block on the line to deny a sure goal after poor defending from gomez

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: January 29, 2023, 05:29:21 pm »

This. We always look better when we're playing games every 3 days rather than spaced out with more training.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: January 29, 2023, 05:30:07 pm »
Gah, an improved performance, but kieta is crap, there's no two ways about it...Gakpo showing glimpses, nunez had little impact, Elliot is a ray of light inthis team. Surprised at Thiago, he was sloppy.. I know Konate was close to the edge, but overall i thought he was very good.. Fabinho should have been sent off...
Another trophy lost... we need to get better to give Real a game, you never know with Liverpool in Europe, we always have a chance...

Keita was class, the best of our midfielders today. That might not be saying much, but he was.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: January 29, 2023, 05:30:27 pm »
And confidence from winning games.

Whats been lost on our perforances and individuals is a complete collapse of confidence..this is more important than anything...a quality player is useless if confidence lost and that comes in stages....stop losing then start winning..the performances can come later.

Offline WacoRed

• Boys Pen
« Reply #511 on: January 29, 2023, 05:34:31 pm »
I look at Brighton, and I think Lamptey, Gross, & Mitoma would be assets at our club.

Sad.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #512 on: January 29, 2023, 05:35:21 pm »
Mate, I've said it for years and all you superfans keep bigging the lad up as if he's Cannavaro. 'Aint nobody, like Joe Gomez' is his song - it's fucking embarrassing. 

Since his horrendous injury, he's been absolutely nowhere near the standard we need at the club. It's not his fault he's picked, in the same way it was Moreno's fault he was god awful either, but lets not pretend that he's good just because he wears a Liverpool shirt, because he's not.

Fuck me.

This can’t be a real take.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: January 29, 2023, 05:35:32 pm »
Just thinking of those chances Salah and Elliot had in the first half. Took one of those and we might have been still in the FA Cup.

Yes, that's a good point mate. Salah's severely low on confidence, but he has to stick that 1-v-1 away. When we dont take our chances, we put pressure on the defence to keep a nil. If we have any chance whatsoever of progressing in the CL, we need to desperately find our shooting boot as we have next to no chance of keeping RM quiet the other end.

Online decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: January 29, 2023, 05:35:55 pm »
Milner didn't do as well as Trent. He got roasted two or three times by mitoma, which resulted in Konate being dragged out of position, for the chance late on; then for the goal was out of position, didn't bother trying to close down the cross and that cost us the goal.  Let's not forget that the best chance Brighton had in the first half (16 mins after thiago made o e of many poor passes) - Trent made a wonderful block on the line to deny a sure goal after poor defending from gomez

Trent made that one block which was good anticipation, but otherwise he was the one who got roasted by Mitoma repeatedly. And I'm not one of the lazy pricks who constantly say Trent is a bad defender, but he got his arse handed to him today, which is part of why he got subbed.

I'd have to watch the goal back, but don't remember Milner ever getting done by Mitoma individually, and generally I enjoyed his physicality and intensity.

I'm not here to say that Milner is better than Trent, obviously he isn't in general. But I just feel like so much of the comment on here is pre-conceived notions and not reflecting what actually took place in the game. Things didn't simply go to pieces when the older players came on. They went to pieces when our two best midfielders went off and were replaced by Fabinho and Jones, who were duds.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: January 29, 2023, 05:36:07 pm »

Sad.

an honest and open reflection on your own post.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: January 29, 2023, 05:36:48 pm »
I look at Brighton, and I think Lamptey, Gross, & Mitoma would be assets at our club.

Sad.

They'd be assets at most clubs, it's not sad.  The question should be, if you're not going to spend millions scout better.  At one point you could of bought all three for £20-odd million.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #517 on: January 29, 2023, 05:38:47 pm »

Sad.

It’s easy saying that but these lads probably would be written off after two matches judging by some in here
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #518 on: January 29, 2023, 05:39:43 pm »
Fuck me.

This can’t be a real take.

It's not wrong though? Sadly Joe just isn't good enough.

Online Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #519 on: January 29, 2023, 05:40:00 pm »
I don't understand the apparent Bellingham obsession seeing as there's a need for multiple midfielders and for the prices mentioned there's not a chance in hell we'll sign Bellingham + other midfielders in the summer.

There were times when LFC waited for the 'right man' and it paid off, but that only happened because they were the final pieces of the jigsaw.
The change is cast