Author Topic: Formula One - The 2023 Season  (Read 91868 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Formula One - The 2023 Season
« Reply #2280 on: November 26, 2023, 02:25:15 pm »
No one retired yet. Perez gets a 5 second penalty for a coming together with Norris

Sainz still needs to pit in 10th place but they are holding off for a safety car.

Current standings would mean Ferrari finish ahead of Mercedes

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2281 on: November 26, 2023, 02:28:37 pm »
Perez needs to be 2 seconds faster than Russel on the final laps to get 5 seconds ahead and get 3rd after his penalty

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2282 on: November 26, 2023, 02:28:41 pm »
it's not been a thrilling end to the season but it's passed some time away early on a sunday afternoon

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2283 on: November 26, 2023, 02:29:57 pm »
Ferrari going to let Perez past to manufacture the points

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2284 on: November 26, 2023, 02:31:56 pm »
Well they tried to add some drama but it wasn't enough

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2285 on: November 26, 2023, 02:32:51 pm »
Mercedes get 2nd in the constructors

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2286 on: November 26, 2023, 02:37:31 pm »
Alonso 4th in the drivers title

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2287 on: November 26, 2023, 03:05:18 pm »
Ferrari not beating that dog of a Merc is a sackable offence. Slinging Carlos onto a safety car strategy like a midfield team...
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2288 on: November 26, 2023, 03:11:14 pm »
Red Bull won 20 out of 21 races

When was the last time a team was that dominant?

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2289 on: November 26, 2023, 03:12:11 pm »

mclaren won about 15 of 16 one year but there are so many more races per season now

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2290 on: November 26, 2023, 03:16:22 pm »

Never. Percentage and number wise.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2291 on: November 26, 2023, 03:19:09 pm »
mclaren won about 15 of 16 one year but there are so many more races per season now

Just checked, that was 1988. 35 years since such a dominant display from one team

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2292 on: November 26, 2023, 03:27:32 pm »
Verstappen led over 1000 laps this season

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #2293 on: November 26, 2023, 03:50:55 pm »
Damon Hill doesn't half talk a lot of shite.

Gutted the season is over. Was a pleasure seeing such an incredible season by Max, what a phenomenal driver. Let's hope there's more competition for him next season and hear a few more anthems on that podium!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #2294 on: November 26, 2023, 04:02:50 pm »
Damon Hill doesn't half talk a lot of shite.

Gutted the season is over. Was a pleasure seeing such an incredible season by Max, what a phenomenal driver. Let's hope there's more competition for him next season and hear a few more anthems on that podium!

Each to their own. I thought this season was probably the worst I've ever seen.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2295 on: November 26, 2023, 04:26:20 pm »
I’d love some stats on how many times Zhou has been mentioned during races this season.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2296 on: November 26, 2023, 06:23:13 pm »
Brilliant that Leclerc was thinking clearly enough to suggest letting Perez through. Surely his team should have been doing that kind of tactical thinking
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2297 on: November 26, 2023, 06:28:16 pm »
yeah I'm glad the season's done because predictability is boring and seeing one driver/team win every single race isn't for me.

there has been some decent action behind, but that's usually the case and has 'rescued' many races in a lot of seasons.

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2298 on: November 26, 2023, 08:23:30 pm »
Brilliant that Leclerc was thinking clearly enough to suggest letting Perez through. Surely his team should have been doing that kind of tactical thinking

You do know that he drives for Ferrari, right?

Anyhow, glad to see the back of this season.  Totally agree with Voodoo and Enders.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #2299 on: November 26, 2023, 08:56:21 pm »
You do know that he drives for Ferrari, right?

Anyhow, glad to see the back of this season.  Totally agree with Voodoo and Enders.
Yeah I know. They’d probably be half decent if they had at least one person who knew what they were doing
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline 50 Pence

• Thanks to a slightly better exchange rate, he's a higher value rapper...
  • Kopite
« Reply #2300 on: November 26, 2023, 10:18:41 pm »
Most boring season for a while in terms of the championship. Some good action behind Max. Has been some dominant seasons before but at least you usually have 2 drivers in the same car providing competition. If I was Perez I’d retire, double the number of his points this season & he’d still be second 🤣🤣
I wish I'd be a bit more spontaneous. Sometimes I feel like going out, stealing a traffic cone, putting it on my head and saying, "Look at me, I'm a giant witch."

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2301 on: November 26, 2023, 10:45:50 pm »
Most boring season for a while in terms of the championship. Some good action behind Max. Has been some dominant seasons before but at least you usually have 2 drivers in the same car providing competition. If I was Perez I’d retire, double the number of his points this season & he’d still be second 🤣🤣

Red Bull’s first ever 1-2 in the WDC though.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #2302 on: November 26, 2023, 11:01:59 pm »
Each to their own. I thought this season was probably the worst I've ever seen.
I think I just love the sport so much I'll always be gutted the season finishes! Would much prefer next year to be more competitive, not really fun knowing the result of the race before every weekend.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2303 on: November 27, 2023, 06:28:51 am »
I thought the season was about the same as F1 in general has been for the last 18 months. It was a shame to see Aston Martin go backwards especially because Alonso looked competitive. McLaren developed a lot throughout the season. Really though alot of teams stopped developing early. I shudder to think how early Red Bull stopped development.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2304 on: November 27, 2023, 10:45:12 am »
How did Tsunoda end up with driver of the day? Finished 2 places lower than his grid slot?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2305 on: November 27, 2023, 01:37:32 pm »
Has to be the most boring season in the last 20 years. At least we had Hamilton vs Vettell and Rosberg etc. No one is close to Red Bull and Max. And Red Bulll having a clear no.1 and no.2 driver doesn't help. The best car is then developed around 1 driver which leaves Perez no chance.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2306 on: November 27, 2023, 01:45:07 pm »
Boring season alright
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2307 on: November 27, 2023, 04:25:42 pm »
I stopped watching full races after COTA with that result meaning even second place in the drivers championship was pretty much sewn up with nothing left to fight for.

I caught the last few laps yesterday and the faux excitement/anxiety about whether Mercedes or Ferrari would finish second in the contructors championship was pretty embaressing, like anyone really cares other than the teams themselves.

Mercedes and Ferrari really need to pull their fingers out to challenge Verstappen as I don't think I can watch another season like that. 
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #2308 on: November 27, 2023, 04:33:03 pm »
Boring season alright

Yup. At least some competition would be good. This season Red Bull have just been too far ahead to make any of it interesting.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2309 on: November 28, 2023, 11:27:39 am »
Yup. At least some competition would be good. This season Red Bull have just been too far ahead to make any of it interesting.

We literally had the best season ever in 2021 (apart from it all being ruined in the last race). Then the rules changed and it's backfired massively.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2310 on: November 28, 2023, 11:56:47 am »
We literally had the best season ever in 2021 (apart from it all being ruined in the last race). Then the rules changed and it's backfired massively.
quali has been good

but sunday is where its at

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2311 on: November 28, 2023, 01:14:57 pm »

Bet that happens again in 2026 - Merc, Ferrari or McLaren (or multiple) catch up to RBR in 2025, we have a tight championship, then one team nails the rule change. If Brawn had had dedicated Honda or Merc cash in 2009, who's to say they wouldn't have hoovered up '10 and '11 with the head start? Merc nailed the turbo hybrid change. Only huge rule change I can think of in recent memory that produced a close fight was 1998's narrow-track, grooved tyre (ugh) cars.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2312 on: November 28, 2023, 01:20:14 pm »
Definitely not been a great season for casual viewers like myself. Foregone conclusions are never good to watch.

You can tell by the number of pages on the thread how shite it has been. Only 58 this year. The next lowest in the last 5 years is 2019 with 88 pages of posts.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2313 on: November 29, 2023, 09:45:08 am »
Bet that happens again in 2026 - Merc, Ferrari or McLaren (or multiple) catch up to RBR in 2025, we have a tight championship, then one team nails the rule change. If Brawn had had dedicated Honda or Merc cash in 2009, who's to say they wouldn't have hoovered up '10 and '11 with the head start? Merc nailed the turbo hybrid change. Only huge rule change I can think of in recent memory that produced a close fight was 1998's narrow-track, grooved tyre (ugh) cars.
even in 1998 McLaren had a way better car, just that it was unreliable and Schumacher would relentlessly punish mistakes

(Argentina, Canada, France, Britain, Monza spring to mind) at the start of the year, McLaren were streets ahead but I accept your points.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2314 on: November 29, 2023, 02:03:17 pm »
even in 1998 McLaren had a way better car, just that it was unreliable and Schumacher would relentlessly punish mistakes

(Argentina, Canada, France, Britain, Monza spring to mind) at the start of the year, McLaren were streets ahead but I accept your points.

Add Hungary to that list.

Schumacher might even have won that year until McLaren’s de facto no 2 driver (Coulthard) took him out at a rainy Spa by lifting off on the racing line while being lapped, having ignored half a dozen blue flags. Had it happened to a British driver we’d never have heard the last of it!

The best years in F1 are those rare occasions where a great driver in the second best car challenges for the title. It’s so damn hard though. It’s why I’d like to see Lewis or Max go to Ferrari at some point and turn round the shambles there.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2315 on: November 29, 2023, 02:43:12 pm »
Add Hungary to that list.

Schumacher might even have won that year until McLaren’s de facto no 2 driver (Coulthard) took him out at a rainy Spa by lifting off on the racing line while being lapped, having ignored half a dozen blue flags. Had it happened to a British driver we’d never have heard the last of it!

The best years in F1 are those rare occasions where a great driver in the second best car challenges for the title. It’s so damn hard though. It’s why I’d like to see Lewis or Max go to Ferrari at some point and turn round the shambles there.
aye and I think next year there are next to no driver changes

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2316 on: November 29, 2023, 04:41:11 pm »
If Sargeant stays would this be the first season ever with no changes over the winter? Even if he is swapped out, a rookie who'll probably pay taking over the grid's 2nd or 3rd worst seat isn't headline news. It's all a bit moribund.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2317 on: November 29, 2023, 05:15:01 pm »
I think there are a couple of wild card moves out there

Dani Ric has one more Alonso style big move in him

Schumacher is still waiting for his chance. Development drive for mercedes is an incredible chance but he'll want a drive sometime

Sainz and Perez have not been great number 2 drivers for their team

Haas have always been unpredictable with their seats

« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 05:16:55 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2318 on: November 29, 2023, 05:22:09 pm »
I mean if Aston Martin and Lawrence Stroll have any ambition of being taken seriously as an F1 team then they bin off Lance Stroll tomorrow

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2319 on: November 29, 2023, 05:40:48 pm »
pretty much every team seems happy with their driver pairings for now. odd