Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1077342 times)

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #14120 on: March 20, 2023, 01:25:58 pm »
The timing of needing this mini rebuild sucks. Transfers fees are crazy even for non established players and it will be more crazy this summer. A good chance that we won't have a choice but to risk it.

That is why we should have bought from a position of strength we didnt and we will pay for it.

All our laptop boys were too busy stroking their egos and how incredible they are with data ....now its radio silence.

We shouldnt have to sell any first team players to fund signings as what is the point make yourself stronger in one area but weaker in another.

Ive said many times there is plenty of good players with good value out there we chose ARTHUR FUCKING MELO it has been a mare of a season.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14121 on: March 20, 2023, 01:27:43 pm »
That is why we should have bought from a position of strength we didnt and we will pay for it.

All our laptop boys were too busy stroking their egos and how incredible they are with data ....now its radio silence.

We shouldnt have to sell any first team players to fund signings as what is the point make yourself stronger in one area but weaker in another.

Ive said many times there is plenty of good players with good value out there we chose ARTHUR FUCKING MELO it has been a mare of a season.

Pretty sure that wasn't the case. I'd expect it was the owners that said no buying or relatively big spending.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14122 on: March 20, 2023, 01:27:59 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14123 on: March 20, 2023, 01:29:05 pm »
Sell

Gomez - 25 mil
Carvalho - 20 mil
Jones - 10 mil
Phillips - 10 mil
Matip - 10 mil
Fabinho - 25 mil
Morton - 5 mil
Kelleher - 20 mil
Van Den Berg - 5 mil
Ramsay - 5 mil
Rhys Williams - 5 mil

Buy

Ugarte - 52 mil (release clause)
Kone - 30 mil
K. Thuram - 30 mil
Bella Kotchap - 25 mil (there is some relegation clause apparently)
Mount - 35 mil
Kim Min Jae - 42 mil (Release clause)
Livramento - 15 mil

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14124 on: March 20, 2023, 01:30:22 pm »

It was quite concerning in that Reddy article that after our title winning season, Covid messed up our spending from a stance that we would have likely sold Salah or Mane for big money for a refresh - the fact that after winning the league the likely source of money to keep us going is by selling our best players, doesn't sound too great honestly

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14125 on: March 20, 2023, 01:30:33 pm »
Indykalia News @indykalia

Exclusive: @BellinghamJude first choice is Liverpool Football Club for a summer move.

He had told @LFC to quickly negotiate deal with BVB. Jude Bellingham family is also very keen for him to move to #Liverpool.

Personal terms have been agreed. The final decision is with FSG

Can always rely on Indy to lighten the mood. Even if it complete rubbish  :lmao :lmao

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #14126 on: March 20, 2023, 01:30:46 pm »
You couldn’t write all this shit. Spend years wasting our time chasing him for him to go away because the stingy bastards won’t put their hands in their own pockets :lmao

At least maybe next summer might be the big one  :wanker

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14127 on: March 20, 2023, 01:30:55 pm »
I love RAWK.  ;D

We move on, we can sign quality midfield players coming into their peak for way less. Go back to finding gems instead of getting ready made ones.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14128 on: March 20, 2023, 01:30:59 pm »
Jurgen won't be pushing Fabinho out the door..nor Henderson more obviously, Milner could yet stay, old news that Keita and Oxlade are leaving along with Bobby

With Diaz and Jota injured pretty much since Gakpo arrived, we haven't really seen a plan of usage around Gakpo and even Nunez.. maybe we get a glimpse if Diaz returns after the Internationals, I'm wondering if Gakpo has a deeper role to play than people think, maybe an 8 if everyone is fit, or are we going to rotate 3 from 5 week on week in the forward line, with Carvalho a 6th option?

Watch this space, I wouldn't be surprised if Gakpo gets some game time in a midfield 3 if we stick @ 4-3-3... maybe we signed a midfielder after all 😉

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #14129 on: March 20, 2023, 01:33:08 pm »
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14130 on: March 20, 2023, 01:34:19 pm »
I love RAWK.  ;D

We move on, we can sign quality midfield players coming into their peak for way less. Go back to finding gems instead of getting ready made ones.

He's only 19 tbf.

This is fine but we didn't want to take risks in the market anymore. They can't have it both ways.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14131 on: March 20, 2023, 01:37:45 pm »
Well I'm not going to be bitching and moaning that we can't sign midfielders who are good and will get better. Bellingham would've been nice but he's not the last midfielder on this planet.  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14132 on: March 20, 2023, 01:38:51 pm »
We also need to announce our new Sporting Director as soon as possible. Need to plan ahead in the medium term too.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14133 on: March 20, 2023, 01:38:54 pm »
I love RAWK.  ;D

Finding gems probably comes with a 50-60m fee nowadays, or talks of loans and a bedding in period like we’ve seen with Carvahlo, not like we’re known to sign players straight from South America either.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14134 on: March 20, 2023, 01:40:30 pm »
Go back to finding gems instead of getting ready made ones.

We never really left that model anyway. Who have we signed that's 'ready made' in the last few years? Thiago I guess which felt like an enormous outlier. 
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14135 on: March 20, 2023, 01:43:59 pm »
I love RAWK.  ;D

I said a while ago that we've won so much with a more industrious midfield, and started to stutter since trying to get that one big signing.

The worry is that if we really want Bellingham and can't afford him, that implies we won't be able to afford the 2-3 cheaper alternatives we need to compete either. It's also not clear whether the setup we had for finding and targeting those gems is still at the club or has the same authority they did a couple of seasons ago.

A combination of the owners refusing to pay for infrastructure themselves (increasing the value of their assets for free), a ballooning wage budget and the owners rigid approach to not putting money into the club means we could be forced to sit on the sidelines and hope to pick up a bargain or two, which isn't going to cut it.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14136 on: March 20, 2023, 01:46:54 pm »
No it doesn't mean  if we can;t afford Bellingham who Dortmund want 130 million  for that we can;t get cheaper alternatives who we've been inked to as there's 75 million difference at least between Bellingham and the others in Midfield we've been linked to. ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14137 on: March 20, 2023, 01:48:48 pm »
No it doesn't mean  if we can;t afford Bellingham who Dortmund want 130 million  for that we can;t get cheaper alternatives who we've been inked to as there's 75 million difference at least between Bellingham and the others in Midfield we've been linked to. ;D

Yep. Mount + Nunes > Jude and cheaper.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #14138 on: March 20, 2023, 01:50:09 pm »
Is this also potentially based on the fact that FSG doesn't look like it's able to secure any additional investment in the team (which is hard to believe)?
Not that hard to believe, doubt many are queuing up to pay potentially north of a billion quid for a minority stake.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14139 on: March 20, 2023, 01:53:02 pm »

Disagree. Nunes is just a waste of £50m.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #14140 on: March 20, 2023, 01:54:02 pm »
So we become so successful that only world class players would improve us, but then because we're so successful our wage bill becomes massive, meaning we can't afford world class payers, so we regress till we get to a point where cheaper players improve us, then we hope to become successful again
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14141 on: March 20, 2023, 01:54:37 pm »
Disagree. Nunes is just a waste of £50m.

Oh yeah Nunes is fucking dog shit. But multiple midfielders over the cost of one and money to save = smartest guys in the room.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14142 on: March 20, 2023, 01:55:03 pm »
So we become so successful that only world class players would improve us, but then because we're so successful our wage bill becomes massive, meaning we can't afford world class payers, so we regress till we get to a point where cheaper players improve us, then we hope to become successful again

I mean, its possible thats what we want to do ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #14143 on: March 20, 2023, 01:55:48 pm »

Only if you buy into the fact only world class players would improve us, which isn't true.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14144 on: March 20, 2023, 01:58:15 pm »
If you dickheads really think only "World Class" midfielders improve our dog shite midfield this season you need to watch other teams play.  ;D

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #14145 on: March 20, 2023, 01:59:52 pm »
The Journo's that are saying there's a quickly reducing chance of us signing Bellingham are the same ones that were saying we're frontrunners like 3 days ago.

They haven't got a clue & just make shit up for clicks.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14146 on: March 20, 2023, 02:00:06 pm »
Well I'm not going to be bitching and moaning that we can't sign midfielders who are good and will get better. Bellingham would've been nice but he's not the last midfielder on this planet.  :D

That is correct and has always been my stand.

The issue is why did we not bother signing any last summer or even Jan they have made the job harder for themselves now.

Bellingham numbers were always going to be very high and although its not 100% confirmed its unlikely we get him unless they fancy £40m upfront !

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14147 on: March 20, 2023, 02:05:33 pm »

All of the midfielders consistently linked to us have a pricetag of at least £50 million, so 2-3 suggests a £100-150 million expenditure would be needed. So yes if we can't afford Bellingham then getting 2-3 others in his place does seem to be off the cards too.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14148 on: March 20, 2023, 02:14:39 pm »

Not a fair comparison I don't think be a use Mount and Nunes probably cost a lot less than Bellingham+ cheaper, but also I think is significantly worse because Nunes is shit, and Mount I am not sure entirely fits what we need.

If you were to say Mount, Nunes, and Ugarte, then yeah sure I see that, but Nunes is still a waste of £50 million.

I can actually very much see us getting Palhinha from Fulham. A very good player, just maybe a bit too old, but yeah I can totally see that

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #14149 on: March 20, 2023, 02:18:28 pm »
I thought indykaila had confirmed Nunes was only costing us £15 million?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14150 on: March 20, 2023, 02:32:30 pm »
The Journo's that are saying there's a quickly reducing chance of us signing Bellingham are the same ones that were saying we're frontrunners like 3 days ago.

They haven't got a clue & just make shit up for clicks.
Probably. First thing Monday morning ahead of a two week international break with very little of note happening at the moment. This seems like a pretty easy story to throw out there for clicks.

It’s still only March, a lot will change between now and the Summer. We’re a club who keeps their cards very close to their chest so I doubt that we’re leaking information like this right now. We’ve been chasing him for a year, we’ve clearly done a lot of groundwork, we wouldn’t waste our time if we didn’t know he would cost so much, and the interest from City/Madrid was inevitable. It’s easy to say ‘City and Madrid are in a stronger position because they have more money’ because it’s not exactly wrong, but the article doesn’t read like we’re throwing in the towel. It’s actually just guesswork.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 02:34:31 pm by Clint Eastwood »

Offline Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #14151 on: March 20, 2023, 02:34:21 pm »
My major concern is we miss out on Bellingham and buy 1 or 2 players, which pessimistically I think is what will happen, we get Nunes and someone else, maybe Mount, and the problems are just not solved at all.

As a general question for the thread, if we have limited funds, who would you be alright with us selling to raise funds for a rebuild?

Agree yeah, only doing half the job isn't going to cut it. So I'm open to sales.

I think you decide who you are definitely keeping first. Personally I think the starting back 5 are safe, but we need to replace a squad CH and Trent needs competition/cover. Midfield - not a single person is safe in there for me. Harvey and the rest of the kids are all maybe fine, but everyone else takes up a pretty sizeable lump of the wage bill for diminishing returns and diminishing availability. I think we all concede it's time for major surgery there. Up front I'd be willing to sell one for a big offer if we have to fund what's needed - but that's risky with Bob going. 

I see 11/12 people in the squad as 100% safe. The rest has to be up for debate, right? And some have been among our greatest ever servants - so it's a very painful debate to have.

The age profile of the squad isn't getting better, we've too many without competition or cover, and it needs fixing. We've fallen a bit foul of the broken windows theory, I'm guilty of it too.  If we haven't the money to do it somebody needs to get creative and it might mean losing someone we'd ideally keep. It's kind of overwhelming that we need to do a summer of rebuild, especially 12 months after nearly doing the whole lot. But we're in a rut - and a one player superstar summer isn't fixing it.

Have we done a summer recently where we've done 4/5?  Fabinho, Ox, Mo summer? Reckon it'll be a mad one myself this year.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 02:35:53 pm by Jean Girard »
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14152 on: March 20, 2023, 02:38:08 pm »
Are we going to continue with the same spending patterns, or do we think we'll have a higher net spend, this summer?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14153 on: March 20, 2023, 02:41:49 pm »
Are we going to continue with the same spending patterns, or do we think we'll have a higher net spend, this summer?

I predict we will have a higher net spend of about £30m and Klopp will knock out any journalist who questions whether we can get better midfielders than Morton.

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14154 on: March 20, 2023, 02:42:45 pm »
I said it a few days ago, but things are going to turn very bitter with the ownership if we don’t get Bellingham. Regardless of whether he is the right player etc. - we’ve seemingly been focused on him for 2-3 years now and put off investing in midfield for this player. We’ve fallen behind and have a real risk of missing out on the champions league through lack of investment through the owners being tight arses.

Only thing I’d say about the article that makes me hesitant that Ornstein doesn’t actually know is it’s just come out on a Monday during the international break.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #14155 on: March 20, 2023, 02:45:44 pm »
Even if the fans turn against them, why would FSG care? We can't force them to sell or invest their own money
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14156 on: March 20, 2023, 02:47:01 pm »
The Athletic are the best sports media platform out there, spend more than anyone on local sports journalism and they're owned by The New York Times. What they do - original reporting - is literally the opposite of clickbait. I'm not sure what making a loss has to do with anything when that describes 99% of all media organisations out there.

I'd say that's more damning of the current state of sports journalism than anything else, to be honest. I've been a subscriber for years, was incredibly excited by the model and writing when it launched. Just cancelled my subscription a couple months back, as the downward trend in quality in writing and the online experience for the last 12-18 months has been alarming.

Having said that, labeling The Athletic as a 'clickbait organization' does seem harsh, but they've absolutely been trending that way for some time now.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14157 on: March 20, 2023, 02:48:18 pm »
Yeah the idea we make CL places next season is a bit arrogant. I think we will, but there is as much chance we regress even more.

I don't think it's arrogance at all. Its just what the standard should be and has been under Klopp. We have some tremendous players at the club and I believe the only way we don't get top 4 next season is if we really fuck this summer up. I don't think it's arrogant for that to be an expectation at all considering the talent we have and our position as a club.

It's only foolish arrogance if we don't do what we need to do in the summer.  But if the summer goes badly there wont even be that expectation from anyone I suspect

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14158 on: March 20, 2023, 02:49:13 pm »
I don't think it's arrogance at all. Its just what the standard should be and has been under Klopp. We have some tremendous players at the club and I believe the only way we don't get top 4 next season is if we really fuck this summer up. I don't think it's arrogant for that to be an expectation at all considering the talent we have and our position as a club.

It's only foolish arrogance if we don't do what we need to do in the summer. 

When was the last time we had a good transfer summer?

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14159 on: March 20, 2023, 02:49:24 pm »
Even if the fans turn against them, why would FSG care? We can't force them to sell or invest their own money

I doubt they even watch our matches. Probably look out for the scores and that's about it. Too busy watching rounders..