Author Topic: Cody Mathès Gakpo  (Read 331833 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Cody Mathès Gakpo
« Reply #3560 on: March 17, 2024, 06:13:48 pm »
Got no problem with the sub but why shove Nunez wide left to accommodate Gakpo through the middle? He was already knackered and then he’s given that shift.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3561 on: March 17, 2024, 06:14:08 pm »
It's a complete nonsense. The guy isn't good enough to play for us from the left or the middle, let alone the right. Lijnders owes us money when he leaves if he's behind Gakpo and Gravenberch.

It's by far the biggest error of Klopp and Linjders reign, asserting themselves over these transfers and neglecting FSG's DoF model.

It's a perfect case study of the disjointed nature of a team when the management take charge of these matters.

Thankfully, we have owners who have gone all in on this model and will refuse to budge, solidifying this idea with a new incoming maanger. It's an abject failure from the club on this part and signing players like Gakpo is the fine margin between winning it all and winning nothing. The coaching team have really fluffed their lines on this one.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3562 on: March 17, 2024, 06:14:08 pm »
Dreadful was meant to be the missing link  :o

Does nothing with any sort of urgency

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3563 on: March 17, 2024, 06:14:15 pm »
This thread won't last before getting locked. But he was extremely poor.

He's got Naby Keita vibes on him. But even Keita was better on the ball

No way. Keita, when fit, was a good, good player. His problem was he was always injured. Gakpo just doesn't fit in this team.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3564 on: March 17, 2024, 06:15:46 pm »
Considering he was the coaches signing, I wouldn't be surprised if FSG send him packing in the summer.

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #3565 on: March 17, 2024, 06:16:28 pm »
Up there with one of the worst cameos I’ve ever seen that. Not doing himself any favours with some of his recent performances.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #3566 on: March 17, 2024, 06:16:39 pm »
Just no standout quality at all. Low energy, slow, low intensity, … I don’t get it.

Should be behind Danns in packing order. Bet you Danns would have gotten to the end of that through ball that led to the corner that lost us the game.

Gakpo feels like a placeholder player at this point. Almost gives nothing to opponents to worry about

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3567 on: March 17, 2024, 06:17:02 pm »
Should've been full of confidence after a couple of goals midweek but was his usual tentative self.  Really rough out there.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3568 on: March 17, 2024, 06:17:03 pm »
The lack of tenacity is what annoyed me.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3569 on: March 17, 2024, 06:17:51 pm »
He won't make it here. Strange signing along with Grav who plays in a very similar way. No idea who picked them both.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #3570 on: March 17, 2024, 06:17:59 pm »
The lack of tenacity is what annoyed me.

It's what always annoys me. An absolutely passive footballer. Summed up by that 5 on 2.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3571 on: March 17, 2024, 06:18:28 pm »
An interesting performance.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3572 on: March 17, 2024, 06:18:31 pm »
It's by far the biggest error of Klopp and Linjders reign, asserting themselves over these transfers and neglecting FSG's DoF model.

It's a perfect case study of the disjointed nature of a team when the management take charge of these matters.

Thankfully, we have owners who have gone all in on this model and will refuse to budge, solidifying this idea with a new incoming maanger. It's an abject failure from the club on this part and signing players like Gakpo is the fine margin between winning it all and winning nothing. The coaching team have really fluffed their lines on this one.

I swear we won the league cup this season. :D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline eeekaj

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3573 on: March 17, 2024, 06:19:15 pm »
It’s not that I don’t rate him, I just don’t see how he fits into our team

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3574 on: March 17, 2024, 06:19:21 pm »
Hope the new guy sells him. I have had it enough with him. No urgency, doesn't score, doesn't assist and lately his linkup play is shit. Square hole in a round peg and makes everyone around him much worse. even at a £10-15m loss, we'd be stupid not to sell.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3575 on: March 17, 2024, 06:19:34 pm »
Well below the level required today.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3576 on: March 17, 2024, 06:20:35 pm »
I swear we won the league cup this season. :D

More a figure of speech, it's a team that could have it all, but just botched signing and the silverware we should be winning is not there.

Why isn't Danns playing ahead of Gakpo? He showed more all round presence in his games than Gakpo has done all year.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3577 on: March 17, 2024, 06:21:11 pm »
Hope the new guy sells him. I have had it enough with him. No urgency, doesn't score, doesn't assist and lately his linkup play is shit. Square hole in a round peg and makes everyone around him much worse. even at a £10-15m loss, we'd be stupid not to sell.

Doesn't feel like a Klopp signing at all. Least Edwards is back.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3578 on: March 17, 2024, 06:22:36 pm »
Doesn't feel like a Klopp signing at all. Least Edwards is back.

Klopp has to take the burden if it was sanctioned by management over the DoFs. If its believed that Lijnders played a massive part, then it's probably the reason why FSG have ignored him as a potential successor to Klopp!

A nightmare signing of the sort that blighted the tail end of Rafa's days. Slow, cumbersome, ineffective..... just what were the management thinking?

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3579 on: March 17, 2024, 06:23:59 pm »
Love him but he was poor today

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3580 on: March 17, 2024, 06:24:02 pm »
He won't make it here. Strange signing along with Grav who plays in a very similar way. No idea who picked them both.

Both were coaches/manager signing. You could tell from a mile away that they both lack any sort of intensity to play here

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #3581 on: March 17, 2024, 06:24:31 pm »
I'd still rather have Origi or Minamino.

In general I don't think coating individuals off is worth it as we were crap to a man today, but if ever a performance could sum up my opinion of a player, that was it. Abject.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3582 on: March 17, 2024, 06:24:37 pm »
He's weaker than water. Very frustrating
Football is a lie

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3583 on: March 17, 2024, 06:25:10 pm »
Absurd to blame Gakpo for this IMO. He wasnt the one giving the ball to United or wasting 4 on 2 situations

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3584 on: March 17, 2024, 06:25:36 pm »
A gentle giant, if Klopp were staying I don’t think he’d make it here but who knows, maybe another manager used him differently.

I don’t see it though; he’s so passive, wants to take too much time and too many touches.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3585 on: March 17, 2024, 06:25:42 pm »
He was poor when he came on. That 5v2... :no

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #3586 on: March 17, 2024, 06:26:28 pm »
Klopp has to take the burden if it was sanctioned by management over the DoFs. If its believed that Lijnders played a massive part, then it's probably the reason why FSG have ignored him as a potential successor to Klopp!

A nightmare signing of the sort that blighted the tail end of Rafa's days. Slow, cumbersome, ineffective..... just what were the management thinking?

Giver over haha. There’s knee jerk reactions then there’s OTT nonsense. He was woeful today, he’s had a very mixed season for a multitude of reasons, he isn’t a ‘nightmare signing’, though, that’s bollocks.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #3587 on: March 17, 2024, 06:28:20 pm »
That performance really made me miss Bobby, which is a bit unfair as he could have some duds as well, but watching him hesitate over, and over again was agonising.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #3588 on: March 17, 2024, 06:33:38 pm »
The attack as a unit really let us down I thought throughout the game. Not surprised to see Gakpo take the full force of it considering he seemingly hasn't had the same adulation the likes of Salah, Nunez, Diaz and Jota have since joining.

He's clearly struggling right now though that's for sure. I am a bit sceptical for his future if the next manager is Xabi Alonso however. I'm not sure he'd work well enough in his system. All ifs and buts at this stage I'd say. I think Gakpo himself thought by this stage he'd be in the side as a mainstay and if I was to guess I'd say that's playing into his frustrations. Needs a good ending to this season, he really does.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #3589 on: March 17, 2024, 06:33:46 pm »
What the actual fuck is the state of this place? Blaming a forward who came on in the 75th minute for our loss? Did he shoot into our own goal 3 times? How about the fucking 75 mins before he came on?

He's being scapegoated again because there is no other easy target. Exactly like how Keita used to be scapegoated. Even blaming him for that 5v2? The ball did reach Elliott eh? How about Nunez screwing up the 4v2 in the extra time in much worse fashion, and then 1 min later made a braindead decision that actually directly lost us the game, but no one wants to berate the fans favorite? Need further evidence? See how even Gravenberch is dragged into this matter despite not even playing lol. Because they are both easy targets.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3590 on: March 17, 2024, 06:35:18 pm »
The attack as a unit really let us down I thought throughout the game. Not surprised to see Gakpo take the full force of it considering he seemingly hasn't had the same adulation the likes of Salah, Nunez, Diaz and Jota have since joining.

He's clearly struggling right now though that's for sure. I am a bit sceptical for his future if the next manager is Xabi Alonso however. I'm not sure he'd work well enough in his system. All ifs and buts at this stage I'd say. I think Gakpo himself thought by this stage he'd be in the side as a mainstay and if I was to guess I'd say that's playing into his frustrations. Needs a good ending to this season, he really does.

Nothing to do with a lack of adulation, he's a lazy player who barely gets on the ball and seemingly has no fight in him. A poor run of form is understandable as long as you're working hard on the pitch, but he's not at all.

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #3591 on: March 17, 2024, 06:35:35 pm »
What the actual fuck is the state of this place? Blaming a forward who came on in the 75th minute for our loss? Did he shoot into our own goal 3 times? How about the fucking 75 mins before he came on?

Oh for fucks sake, are you his fucking dad? You're constantly defending him in here, and I'm not even sure what from as no one's blaming him, especially me, we were shit to a man largely, but his performance showed the exact same things that those that aren't sure about him have said all year.

Btw, Nunez set two goals up.  That's probably why he's not getting as much criticism.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 06:38:07 pm by JP! »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3592 on: March 17, 2024, 06:38:15 pm »
We can't afford any passengers for the remaining games of this season. Gakpo is one right now. It's a decision for the new manager in the summer, but for right now he can't be picked ahead of any of the other strikers, including Danns.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #3593 on: March 17, 2024, 06:38:19 pm »

He's being scapegoated again because there is no other easy target. Exactly like how Keita used to be scapegoated. Even blaming him for that 5v2? The ball did reach Elliott eh? How about Nunez screwing up the 4v2 in the extra time in much worse fashion, and then 1 min later made a braindead decision that actually directly lost us the game, but no one wants to berate the fans favorite? Need further evidence? See how even Gravenberch is dragged into this matter despite not even playing lol. Because they are both easy targets.

Nunez was a major factor in our first two goals. Not sure why you're bringing him into it either.  Defend Gakpo if you like but don't feel the need to take down a player who kept us in the game.

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3594 on: March 17, 2024, 06:38:42 pm »

Should be sent to the reserves after this. Brain dead footballer, who plays in slow motion and has no urgency or tenacity. He doesn't score (except against dross in the EL), doesn't assist and can't link up. What does he do? If he is 5th choice, I'd rather see Danns get these minutes than him.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #3595 on: March 17, 2024, 06:40:25 pm »
Nunez was a major factor in our first two goals. Not sure why you're bringing him into it either.  Defend Gakpo if you like but don't feel the need to take down a player who kept us in the game.

Nunez was great in the first 90 mins, I’m not defending Gakpo because you can’t, but Nunez made several bad decisions in extra time in the final third and then one that led to costing us the game

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3596 on: March 17, 2024, 06:40:46 pm »
I thought he had a bad game but in his defence, I don't think anyone made a really good run for him on that break.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #3597 on: March 17, 2024, 06:41:32 pm »
Bring him only on when we are winning 5-0. Never seen him make an impact when we need him the most

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3598 on: March 17, 2024, 06:41:47 pm »
I thought he had a bad game but in his defence, I don't think anyone made a really good run for him on that break.
If that's the case, then just run with it. One of their defenders will press and you can pass it after.

It is not the first time he fucked up a similar situation like this too.

Offline RedDeadRejection

• Kopite
« Reply #3599 on: March 17, 2024, 06:42:54 pm »

Should be sent to the reserves after this. Brain dead footballer, who plays in slow motion and has no urgency or tenacity. He doesn't score (except against dross in the EL), doesn't assist and can't link up. What does he do? If he is 5th choice, I'd rather see Danns get these minutes than him.

Way to get behind a player.