Author Topic: Holidays 2023 - What's your plans?  (Read 48170 times)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Re: Holidays 2023 - What's your plans?
« Reply #720 on: August 25, 2023, 02:26:45 am »
Going to Malta mid September for a week. Anyone been before can I ask for a rough idea of how much spends will be for the week. Will visit places, have a nice meal in evening and a few beers in the day no doubt?

I went for a stag do last year and it was similar to going to Europe. Not overly expensive, but given the exchange rate it wasn't cheaper than back home.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #721 on: August 25, 2023, 09:07:32 am »
Little November trip booked to Seville. Went a few years ago and love the fact that you can still get a bit of sun that late in the year. Should be at least 20 degrees whilst we're there.

Seville is a great city for a long weekend. October/November or April time are good to go since you'll still get decent weather (20/22C) when the weather at home and in most of Europe is starting to turn wintery.

Off to Andalusia for a beach holiday next week though not close enough to visit Seville. May go to Cadiz for the day. 1 week in a beach side all inclusive so may just sit on my bum the entire time. Seems a bit excessive coming off a 2 week holiday in Asia about 3 weeks ago but after an intense lat 8-9 months in work I needed another week to unwind. Luckily I have an accommodating boss.

Looking at holidays next year, thinking of doing Florence or Bologna as a long weekend around Easter. Try to get away for a few days at Easter each year. Did Athens in 22, Lisbon this year and looking for somewhere in Italy next year. Any recommendations?

Probably do Miami and Orlando for my summer holiday. Anyone been to Miami with kids? I assume avoiding South Beach is a given. Mid or North Beach appropriate though?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #722 on: August 25, 2023, 10:06:48 am »
Seville is a great city for a long weekend. October/November or April time are good to go since you'll still get decent weather (20/22C) when the weather at home and in most of Europe is starting to turn wintery.

Off to Andalusia for a beach holiday next week though not close enough to visit Seville. May go to Cadiz for the day. 1 week in a beach side all inclusive so may just sit on my bum the entire time. Seems a bit excessive coming off a 2 week holiday in Asia about 3 weeks ago but after an intense lat 8-9 months in work I needed another week to unwind. Luckily I have an accommodating boss.

Looking at holidays next year, thinking of doing Florence or Bologna as a long weekend around Easter. Try to get away for a few days at Easter each year. Did Athens in 22, Lisbon this year and looking for somewhere in Italy next year. Any recommendations?

Probably do Miami and Orlando for my summer holiday. Anyone been to Miami with kids? I assume avoiding South Beach is a given. Mid or North Beach appropriate though?

I'd definitely recommend Bologna, I went this year and it was absolutely brilliant.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: August 26, 2023, 04:00:35 pm »
I'd definitely recommend Bologna, I went this year and it was absolutely brilliant.

Nice one.

I’ll look into it.

Enough to see for a 3-4 day visit with kids? My kids are happy sightseeing and eating new foods so it doesn’t necessarily need to have theme parks, aquariums etc.. just some interesting stuff for them to see.

The 1 thing with Florence that I like the idea of is doing a day trip to Tower of Pisa. Think you can get a train between Florence and Pisa

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #724 on: August 26, 2023, 04:03:53 pm »
Nice one.

I’ll look into it.

Enough to see for a 3-4 day visit with kids? My kids are happy sightseeing and eating new foods so it doesn’t necessarily need to have theme parks, aquariums etc.. just some interesting stuff for them to see.

The 1 thing with Florence that I like the idea of is doing a day trip to Tower of Pisa. Think you can get a train between Florence and Pisa
Definitely, you can get almost anywhere by train easily in Italy.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #725 on: August 30, 2023, 11:28:21 am »
Santorini next week

Offline frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #726 on: September 5, 2023, 11:13:00 am »
Has anyone ever gone to Spain or Germany to watch a footy match and stayed few nights? Arranging something for future brother-in-law, and there are quite a few companies that do packages, wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #727 on: September 5, 2023, 01:55:36 pm »
Excited much.   8)

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #728 on: September 5, 2023, 01:59:55 pm »
Just booked Boa Vista Cape Verde for October so if anyone has any tips let me know

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #729 on: September 5, 2023, 02:03:51 pm »
Nice little villa in Lanzarote at the end of September, just for a week to chill out - counting down the days!

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #730 on: September 11, 2023, 01:29:33 pm »
I just had a great time of my life in Paris yesterday, because it's the first time in my whole life. Only two days, Saturday and Sunday and now already back in London office.

- The facade of the buildings are awesome

- I was having great selfies in Arc de Triomphe

- There're automatic toilets that could wash itself

- 80% of Parisians the I have met could speak English (I thought I could never survive in Paris without French)

- Saw a lot of "Sortie" words

- I was struggling with the train system there compared to London (well, I managed to get where I want to be by the way and it works well)

- They love to plant trees along the side pavement

- But it's different, so much than what I have watched on TV / movies in terms of pop culture, romanticism, Mr Bean's Holiday and homeless-ness.

But overall, I am really really happy I can see Paris with my bare eyes. Awesome.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: September 11, 2023, 02:04:43 pm »
5 weeks until we go to Cyprus and I need it, I'm about to kill someone I'm that tired and wound up.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #732 on: September 11, 2023, 03:13:44 pm »
5 weeks until we go to Cyprus and I need it, I'm about to kill someone I'm that tired and wound up.
Shit days in office, Rob? Or something else, mate...  :)
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: September 12, 2023, 02:06:10 pm »
Hope all is okay, mate!

Got St Andrews at the end of the month, Lisbon mid-October, and Les Gets (snowboarding) end of Jan.

Really looking forward to fucking off work. Love my job but I need a break.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #734 on: September 12, 2023, 04:36:12 pm »
Going to Croatia and Slovenia next week for a two weeks trip. My first landing is Dubrovnik, fitting.
So we had an amazing time in Croatia and Slovenia. Two very similar countries in terms of culture but very different in terms of landscape, and both are gorgeous in their own way. So they make for great trip companions. We did Dubrovnik, Hvar, Split, Zadar, Plitvice Lakes, and Zagreb from Croatia. And Ljubljana, Lake Bled, and Skojkcan Caves from Slovenia. Not one place I didn't love one way or another, but the highlights were Škocjan Caves, Plitvice Lakes, and Dubrovnik. Lake Bled and Hvar were stunning too.

I will never get tired of recommending Škocjan Caves. It was the most stunning and magnificent place I have ever been. You do a 1.5 km hike through two different parts of a cave system. In the first part (the silent part), you go through some tunnels full of stunning stalagmites all around, until you reach an immense hall, the size of a football pitch. In the second part, you walk all around a beautiful lid underground canyon on some carved stairs, overlooking The River Rika, until you reach a steel bridge. You cross the bridge to reach the exit of the cave, and from there (if you choose the longer path) you walk all through the beautiful valley that surrounds the cave to the starting point, and even go through another cave on your way out.

You can't take pictures inside the main cave, or so you're told (I saw many fuckers shamelessly taking pictures). So there aren't many pictures around, and none that do them justice. The best way to describe being there, for anyone who has seen the LotR movies, is like being in the Moria Mines in the Fellowship of the Rings movie. These are some of the best pictures I found on Google, for anyone who's interested.

Dubrovnik was as stunning as led to believe. Most people just walk around the historical center, but I found the whole city to be completely beautiful. We stayed very close to Bellevue Beach, which is a very nice beach where you don't even need swimming shoes to go in the water. Not much shade though. There's also a pretty decent and cheap (for Dubrovnik standards) restaurant called "El Toro" very close by. So if you're traveling on a budget (like we were), it might save you a couple of bucks.

We also bought the Dubrovnik pass and walked the walls with a stunning sunset. Plus we did some museums and Fort Lovrijenac on the next day, which is all included in the pass. The pass is the same price as the entry to the walls, so there's no reason not to buy it. Drank some beers at the Buza Bar, and slipped like an asshole on my way up. We also did a half-day trip to Lokrum Island, which was great and had some great places to go for a swim.

The only thing I wouldn't recommend doing in Dubrovnik is riding the cable car to Mount Srd. We ended up paying like 58 euros for a 3-minute ride, where we couldn't see much on the way up as the cable cars get packed, when we could have (as we later found out) paid 5 times less for an Uber to take us there. The view from Mount Srd is stunning though, and a must-do, especially if you can go a bit before sunset and stay till the night falls, so you can see the city light up. I took these two photos on my phone.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 05:01:07 pm by Lastrador »

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: September 13, 2023, 10:33:50 am »
Argentina on Friday. Has some around quickly after seeming like a long way away.

Spent the last week or so booking places at vineyards in Mendoza. I naively thought there would be plenty of slots to turn up and taste some wine but most of them have specific slots twice or three times a day with a tour and then some tasting. Took a bit of arsing around but I've sorted out a good schedule now.

Planning on taking it a bit easy in Buenos Aires to get into the holiday mood. Abandoned the idea of going to watch River Plate as it was working out at about £100 a ticket. Feels unfair on my wife to drag her along to something which she doesn't have loads of interest in and it'll cost a hundred squid.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: September 13, 2023, 06:28:03 pm »
like Barcelona, Amsterdam, Venice etc -- the resident in this part of Greece are fed up with having to deal with so many visitors ....

https://www.bbc.com/travel/article/20230912-what-to-know-about-the-beach-towel-revolt-taking-back-greek-beaches

Offline NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: September 20, 2023, 10:07:59 am »
It's September. I'm already start saving my money monthly for my next year's holiday. Of course, for whoever rich enough, 1-2 months saving could cover it all easily.

I'm thinking whether it's going to be Amsterdam or Rome and I'm not sure which one it would be worth it for me, first-timer in both cities.

It comes to...

- Beautiful sightseeing along the canal and boat cruising in Amsterdam. Of course the cycling part too.  :D

- In the same time, elliptical amphitheatre of Colosseum of Rome is intriguing for me too. Would love to see it with own bare eyes.  :D

Which one that you would choose, if you are the first-timer? Please, any recommendation would be much appreciated. ** Between mid September to the end of October, next year.

Thank you, lads here and the good people of Liverpool.  :)  :)

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: September 20, 2023, 11:13:46 am »
So we had an amazing time in Croatia and Slovenia. Two very similar countries in terms of culture but very different in terms of landscape, and both are gorgeous in their own way. So they make for great trip companions. We did Dubrovnik, Hvar, Split, Zadar, Plitvice Lakes, and Zagreb from Croatia.

I am off to Croatia for 5 nights in a few weeks. I am staying in Trogir. I really want to get out and about and perhaps visit an island or another town/city. Just wondered if you only had 5 nights which places would you visit?
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #739 on: September 20, 2023, 11:16:41 am »
It's September. I'm already start saving my money monthly for my next year's holiday. Of course, for whoever rich enough, 1-2 months saving could cover it all easily.

I'm thinking whether it's going to be Amsterdam or Rome and I'm not sure which one it would be worth it for me, first-timer in both cities.

It comes to...

- Beautiful sightseeing along the canal and boat cruising in Amsterdam. Of course the cycling part too.  :D

- In the same time, elliptical amphitheatre of Colosseum of Rome is intriguing for me too. Would love to see it with own bare eyes.  :D

Which one that you would choose, if you are the first-timer? Please, any recommendation would be much appreciated. ** Between mid September to the end of October, next year.

If never been to either, Rome. History is just amazing, the food and wine fantastic and small enough to walk around get lost in.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #740 on: September 20, 2023, 11:25:05 am »
If never been to either, Rome. History is just amazing, the food and wine fantastic and small enough to walk around get lost in.

Also potentially better weather than Amsterdam in Sept/Oct.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: September 20, 2023, 11:39:39 am »

A deeper set of pockets is required though an expensive place

Offline TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #742 on: September 20, 2023, 12:01:22 pm »
I'm off to Bilbao next week. Anyone have any places to go/things to do? I've already booked the Guggenheim museum.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #743 on: September 20, 2023, 03:46:15 pm »

Even as a huge ancient history buff, I didn't hate Rome, but I didn't love it either. If your main attraction for going there is Roman things, then there are better preserved ruins elsewhere - the Empire was quite a big place after all! Maybe the other bits aren't as famous, but they're less touristy and maybe cheaper to visit.

For example, for years I've been meaning to go to the games in Nimes, south of France - A still-standing and functional amphitheathre putting on Gladiator shows and more:

https://www.france-voyage.com/events/roman-days-nimes-173.htm

I heard about it the year before Covid and have been playing catchup with my holiday plans since!
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #744 on: September 20, 2023, 08:06:00 pm »
I am off to Croatia for 5 nights in a few weeks. I am staying in Trogir. I really want to get out and about and perhaps visit an island or another town/city.
Oh, that's great mate. Trogir was one of the places we were considering for a day's trip from Split. The historical center looked gorgeous, but a little similar to Zadar, so we decided to skip it. It is tiny though, so I think you will find time to move around quite a bit.

Trogir is 30 minutes away from Split, so you have to go there, for a day at least. From Split, you can also take a ferry to the four major islands (Brac, Hvar, Vis, and Korcula). We heard great things from all four, so I don't think there is a bad choice there. Although it might depend if you're not planning on going to the beaches.

We stayed two nights in Hvar Town and loved it. There was kind of a party vibe going on when we went there (late August), but not nearly as bad as led to believe. The town itself is small but gorgeous with some great beaches nearby, and a great view from the Spanish fortress. So pretty ideal for a day's trip.

From Trogir, you're going to be about 2 hours from Plitvice Lakes National Park. If you like nature, definitely don't miss that. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Krka National Park is a similar but closer alternative, although much smaller.

Just wondered if you only had 5 nights which places would you visit?
Tough question, but from what I've seen, probably Dubrovnik. The historical center is not very big, and you can probably check it out in half a day, but it really is a gorgeous city that I just loved walking around, especially at night. Compared to Split, which gets pretty ugly once you leave the more touristic places, Dubrovnik City remains enchanting, even in the most modern areas.

There are some very nice beaches, that are relatively easy to get to, and lots of activities in and around the city. Like walking around the city walls and the fort. Going up Mount Srd. A trip to Lokrum Island. Kayaking in the bay. You're also pretty close to both Bosnia and Montenegro, so you can do day trips to cities like Mostar or Kotor. So yeah, I don't think you would get too bored if you spent 5 days there.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: September 20, 2023, 08:22:03 pm »
Just booked Boa Vista Cape Verde for October so if anyone has any tips let me know

Had enough of work and this shite weather. I’m desperate for an AI. Drinking, eating and chilling by the pool in the sun.

So got the missus looking at Cape Verde for the next international break.  Weather in CV looks glorious in Nov.

Where you booked mate? 

Any recommendations from others welcome :)

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: September 21, 2023, 07:38:17 am »
Oh, that's great mate. Trogir was one of the places we were considering for a day's trip from Split. The historical center looked gorgeous, but a little similar to Zadar, so we decided to skip it. It is tiny though, so I think you will find time to move around quite a bit.

Trogir is 30 minutes away from Split, so you have to go there, for a day at least. From Split, you can also take a ferry to the four major islands (Brac, Hvar, Vis, and Korcula). We heard great things from all four, so I don't think there is a bad choice there. Although it might depend if you're not planning on going to the beaches.

We stayed two nights in Hvar Town and loved it. There was kind of a party vibe going on when we went there (late August), but not nearly as bad as led to believe. The town itself is small but gorgeous with some great beaches nearby, and a great view from the Spanish fortress. So pretty ideal for a day's trip.

From Trogir, you're going to be about 2 hours from Plitvice Lakes National Park. If you like nature, definitely don't miss that. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Krka National Park is a similar but closer alternative, although much smaller.
Tough question, but from what I've seen, probably Dubrovnik. The historical center is not very big, and you can probably check it out in half a day, but it really is a gorgeous city that I just loved walking around, especially at night. Compared to Split, which gets pretty ugly once you leave the more touristic places, Dubrovnik City remains enchanting, even in the most modern areas.

There are some very nice beaches, that are relatively easy to get to, and lots of activities in and around the city. Like walking around the city walls and the fort. Going up Mount Srd. A trip to Lokrum Island. Kayaking in the bay. You're also pretty close to both Bosnia and Montenegro, so you can do day trips to cities like Mostar or Kotor. So yeah, I don't think you would get too bored if you spent 5 days there.

That's brilliant mate - thanks for all the info.

Yes definitely going to be going to Split for a day or two. Apparently there is a regular bus which picks up near our hotel so probably just use that. I am going to do a bit of research about the four islands you mentioned. Personally I am not much of a beach person but my girlfriend will certainly want a beach day!

Just been googling Hvar and have to say it looks stunning. As does the Plitvice Lakes National Park!

I am planning a longer (probably 2 weeks) trip to the region in which I hope to visit Dubrovnik, Bosnia and Montenegro in spring next year. Its just we had a bit of spare time in the next month so off to Porto on Tuesday and then Croatia a week or so after that. All a bit last minute so just trying to make a list of half a dozen things to do in each place.   
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #747 on: September 21, 2023, 10:46:09 am »
Stag do planning....

Looking like abroad for a weekend in March. Apart from the obvious Benidorm  ;D

Any suggestions

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: September 21, 2023, 03:57:41 pm »
Stag do planning....

Looking like abroad for a weekend in March. Apart from the obvious Benidorm  ;D

Any suggestions

San Sebastian

Amazing food. Good night out. And if you co-ordinate it appropriately it's easy to get to a Real Sociedad game (easy to get to the ground from city centre as well).

It's defo not a typical stag place though. Probably depends on what you want.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: September 21, 2023, 04:03:58 pm »

It comes to...

I thought Rome was better than Amsterdam in my experience though the purposes of the trips were very different and may cloud my opinion of the cities.

Just thought Rome was more interesting on the whole.

Personally think there are better cities in Europe to visit than either Rome or Amsterdam.

I'd say Berlin, Munich, Florence, Copenhagen, San Sebastian, Stockholm, Seville, Lisbon and Athens are all arguably better cities for a short break though you won't see as many famous attractions compared to Rome. Just found the general atmosphere and vibe a bit better in these cities.

Not a massive fan of the likes of  Barcelona or Prague either though both are OK.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: September 22, 2023, 12:36:13 am »
Anyone been Munich got any recommendations?

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: September 22, 2023, 12:31:27 pm »
I'm off to Bilbao next week. Anyone have any places to go/things to do? I've already booked the Guggenheim museum.

Just eat plenty of pintxos. Basically a small plate of food you order with a beer and get a serviette with to wipe after finishing. You'll find loads of the serviettes on the floor and they dont clean them up till the end of the night as the more on the floor the better the food.

Pintxos can be anything from a piece of spanish style omellette, a bit of bread with mushrooms and cheese to a squid stuffed with black pudding.

Anyone been Munich got any recommendations?

Plenty of augustiner, weather depending theres a large augustiner beer garden thats worth going and go the hofbrauhaus.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #752 on: September 22, 2023, 12:40:31 pm »
I have just come back from probably one of the best holidays I've had. Eight days, me, five of my close mates, a Ford Excursion and Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia and Virginia to explore.
Managed to visit the usual gaffs like the White House, Baltimore and Philadelphia, but also had the experience of all six of us singing along to John Denver whilst driving through rural West Virginia on a sunny day. The simple things in life.  ;D

FWIW literally five minutes out of downtown Baltimore is the sketchiest gaff I have ever seen in my life.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: September 22, 2023, 01:00:30 pm »
I have just come back from probably one of the best holidays I've had. Eight days, me, five of my close mates, a Ford Excursion and Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia and Virginia to explore.
Managed to visit the usual gaffs like the White House, Baltimore and Philadelphia, but also had the experience of all six of us singing along to John Denver whilst driving through rural West Virginia on a sunny day. The simple things in life.  ;D

FWIW literally five minutes out of downtown Baltimore is the sketchiest gaff I have ever seen in my life.

If you sang "Take me home United Road", I'll make sure you get fucking banned off this site.

;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #754 on: September 22, 2023, 01:07:36 pm »
If you sang "Take me home United Road", I'll make sure you get fucking banned off this site.

;)

Noooooooooooooo, wouldn't sing that nonsense, let alone admit to it. We were singing Annie's Song cos we are all sad fookers ;D
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #755 on: September 22, 2023, 04:52:25 pm »
Just booked Riu Palace Boa Vista - not really looked into so fingers crossed its ok.

Had enough of work and this shite weather. I’m desperate for an AI. Drinking, eating and chilling by the pool in the sun.

So got the missus looking at Cape Verde for the next international break.  Weather in CV looks glorious in Nov.

Where you booked mate? 

Any recommendations from others welcome :)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: September 23, 2023, 05:48:26 pm »
Just booked Riu Palace Boa Vista - not really looked into so fingers crossed its ok.

Out of the 12 Cape Verde hotels that come up on TUI, that's the most expensive one, ye flash get.  :)

Joking aside, that does look pretty good, and only a couple of hundred quid difference between them all anyway.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: September 23, 2023, 05:49:43 pm »
anyone been to Punta Arenas or Ushuiai?  any tips?

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: September 23, 2023, 09:23:37 pm »
anyone been to Punta Arenas or Ushuiai?  any tips?

I went to Ushuaia a few years ago, we hiked in Tierra del Fuego NP through the boulder field instead of up to a summit and really enjoyed it, also did one to one Laguna Esmeralda as well which is a really pretty hike along a glacial blue river to a lake. In the town you should go to Freddo if you like gelato, and I also went to a really good all you can eat BBQ place where they cook spatchcocked lamb, no idea of the name anymore though unfortunately. Didn't go to Punta Arenas but between the two towns there is a park where you can see King Penguins, only place outside of Antarctica you can see them.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: September 24, 2023, 10:40:47 am »
Plenty of augustiner, weather depending theres a large augustiner beer garden thats worth going and go the hofbrauhaus.
hofbrauhaus is a definite. Going end of October / Start of November so hopefully the weather is ok.