Author Topic: PL Liverpool 9 (nine)v B'mth 0 Diaz x 2 Elliot, TAA, Bobby x 2, Fabio, Diaz, VVD  (Read 18459 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
It doesn't matter who the opposition were or how well they played - we needed a reaction and to show some energy, intent, and shake off the hangover. We did all that and more.

Jurgen has clearly worked on the psychological side of the players, who will have been mentally as well as physically exhausted after the marathon of last season. From the first to the last minute we were excellent and got the performance,  goals, and clean sheet we all wanted. There will be tougher challenges ahead, but that was as good a tonic as we could ask for.

It's notable how all those posters who've spent the last week whining about the midfield, FSG's 'negligence', a transition season, a lack of transfers, individual players, or our 'past it' squad are nowhere to be seen on here. The same posters that didn't seem to understand that a record breaking 63-game season and a shortened preseason might leave us at risk of some injuries and a hangover.

We've just won 9-0 and equaled a league record - without Matip, Konate, Thiago, Keita, Ox, Jones, Jota or Nunez. Elliot and Carvalho scored and played really well, and players like Trent, Robbo and Bobby answered their critics.

If you're going to spout as much overeactive hyperbole after a slow start to the season (less than 10 weeks after we almost won the quadruple), then at least come on here to acknowledge that we've bounced back quickly and shown a strong reaction.

Fortunately this team has a lot more fight and bottle than some of the cowards who were so quick to write them off.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 10:33:15 am by keyop »
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
Stop posting I was right and you were wrong opinions.
One win doesn't make us good or a couple of defeats /draws doesn't( make us rubbish.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Brave Scotty Parker.

Fuck off.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
One win doesn't make us good or a couple of defeats /draws doesn't( make us rubbish.
I don't think anyone is saying they're 'right' or that we're suddenly great again?

Some of us just like to show unconditional support whether we win, lose or draw, and get tired of multiple threads being polluted by negativity whenever we hit a rough patch (often by posters who seem to ignore the good stuff).

We lost only 4 out of 63 games last season, and yet only 3 games into a new season people were already having tantrums, when this squad should have plenty of credit in the bank to be allowed a few bad games.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

We won 9 fucking 0

Stop moaning and enjoy yourself for fucks sake :D

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline unknownuser

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
My first time at Anfield... And what a game!

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
lucky bastard.

you have to go to every game now, you know that, right?

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
Brave Scotty Parker.

Fuck off.

This x infinity.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

You can come again :D

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan

Was lucky to be there in person (though only because the club finally blocked the queue cheats). Great performance and intensity. Yes it was only Bournemouth but it felt like our season had started at last. The big clubs (and City) all won but frankly we’re best served ignoring other teams and the table and focussing on winning the next game then the next then see where we are at the World Cup break.

Klopp seemed to indicate in the pre match presser that Matip, Thiago and Jota are close and our level is only going to improve when they’re back. Let’s not forget Darwin too who will be raring to go. Particularly enjoyed the kids’ performances, Elliott and Carvalho, but was really just great to see us imposing our will on the opposition.

Saudi up next. A tougher test but a game we should absolutely win. Mo to bag the brace he should have got!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.

Sorry to break it to you but it's not always that much fun ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
Our first 2 games had good spells but disappointing results ... I'd said to a mate that I thought at some point it was going to just click and that some team was going to get a hammering .... Sadly I thought it would be united 😢.  All the players really performed but particularly those criticised for the poor start .... Bobby. Virgil, Trent ....  That speaks mountains about Klopps motivational skills if we didn't already know about them.   Get a bit of a run going between now and Christmas and it can all look different

"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
If you're going to spout as much overeactive hyperbole after a slow start to the season (less than 10 weeks after we almost won the quadruple), then at least come on here to acknowledge that we've bounced back quickly and shown a strong reaction.

Fortunately this team has a lot more fight and bottle than some of the cowards who were so quick to write them off.

I haven't voiced a lot of my concerns this season so I know this post isn't directed at me, but while I was thrilled by the scoreline in this game, I'm a bit unsure how much to read into it. Obviously the big plus is that we came out with the intensity that had heretofore been lacking, and we broke that awful run of 0-1 starts that was becoming a bit of a monkey on our backs. On the other hand, I wonder how much of the outcome is dictated by whether the breaks go our way in the early moments of the game... on this occasion we got a few lucky bounces early on (albeit you make your own luck with intensity) and were 2-0 up after 6 minutes, which helped ease the anxiety and allow us to play a joyous brand of football. We made an energetic start against Palace too, but didn't get the breaks and it became one of a number of recent games where we looked a bit bereft after unrewarded early dominance. So for me this is a moment of quiet satisfaction, but I don't really know what to make of it just yet - next couple of games will tell us more.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
How is it possible that we won 9-0 at home and Salah played the whole match but failed to get a goal or assist? I mean what is the odd of that happening?
Believer

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
I haven't voiced a lot of my concerns this season so I know this post isn't directed at me, but while I was thrilled by the scoreline in this game, I'm a bit unsure how much to read into it. Obviously the big plus is that we came out with the intensity that had heretofore been lacking, and we broke that awful run of 0-1 starts that was becoming a bit of a monkey on our backs. On the other hand, I wonder how much of the outcome is dictated by whether the breaks go our way in the early moments of the game... on this occasion we got a few lucky bounces early on (albeit you make your own luck with intensity) and were 2-0 up after 6 minutes, which helped ease the anxiety and allow us to play a joyous brand of football. We made an energetic start against Palace too, but didn't get the breaks and it became one of a number of recent games where we looked a bit bereft after unrewarded early dominance. So for me this is a moment of quiet satisfaction, but I don't really know what to make of it just yet - next couple of games will tell us more.

I said before the match if you could pick an opponent it would have been Bournemouth at home. They're Derby levels of bad for this level.  However, I do think we would have blown most teams away on Saturday, you could see with Klopp's comments before the game there was going to be a reaction and Bournemouth were unfortunate it was them. As you say though early goal helps but we've started so slow in games lately. We started well against Palace as well but didn't get the goal and then the counter attack was always going to happen.

You can't toss 7 points away in 3 games now in this league but we can't think about the title now. Just need to get on a run, build confidence and hope the injuries ease up.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Nice of Bournemouth to send Barnstoneworth instead.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
It just goes to show the absolute folly of hyper-analysing a couple of poor performances and using them as indicators for how the season might pan out
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Was really an amazing performance. Diaz, both in terms of ability and positioning was the best takeaway from that game. I also liked Trent being more reserved and playing a deeper playmaker style role.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
I would have taken a 1-0 win just to get us started but 9-0 is a fantastic result that none of us or Bournemouth would have expected.

So how is Nunez coming back into this team?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf

Got the Ripping Yarns reference but there is actually an Australian team who changed their name to Barnstoneworth.

http://bufcsydney.com/club-history

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!

Showing your age there kid.
TheMissionary
YNWA

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
It just goes to show the absolute folly of hyper-analysing a couple of poor performances and using them as indicators for how the season might pan out

yeah, and that pendulum swings both ways sometimes unfortunately.

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
Was really an amazing performance. Diaz, both in terms of ability and positioning was the best takeaway from that game. I also liked Trent being more reserved and playing a deeper playmaker style role.
alongside that I'd put the displays and great goals from Harv and Carv. excellent displays from both of them.

Bournemouth were really poor opposition, ok fine - but not many defences would have stopped those goals, and them getting 45 minutes each is exactly what we need right now, and for their futures in the team.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Was a strange 2nd half, we haven't gone on a 2nd half scoring spree when winning big at HT for a few years. Took us back to the early years when we would just keep attacking and trying to score.

Obviously heped that we were scoring with near every attempt but the comination of subs and the thirst to put the last few weeks behind us pushed us on instead of just managing the game.

The only other surprise was Mo's misses, pretty unexpected but hoping he is keeping them for Newcastle and the bitters.

Tons of work to do just to keep up with City but at least we had something to enjoy.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Klopps done it again:

Scott Parker has parted company with Bournemouth.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
:lmao

Another one bites the dust
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline fredfrop

• 19*
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That cardigan was the final straw!

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Klopps done it again:

Oh no, not Scottie the Brave. 😱
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
So a new manager is going to come in to a newly promoted club with no Premier League level signings, and do what exactly??

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
I think it was the “we need more help” comment that sealed his fate.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
And so it begins...

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Parker after the 9-0 defeat;

"It doesn’t surprise me. This is currently where it is at this moment in time. The players need help. Today proved too big a challenge. The levels were far too big.

"At times we couldn’t bear it, the intensity. We’ve got a decision to make as a club. There will be days like this. Time will tell. It's a huge disappointment, a real humbling experience.

"I’m gutted for the players. It’s my job and it will be the defining of us as a group of how we bounce back from this.

"We have some days where hopefully we can get some help in and support and help the current team who came up from the Championship.

"There’s loads of work to be done. The experience today, you never want to be on the end of this. This is currently where are are. If this is the group we’re going with we’ll react and see where are."

Club statement after his sacking;

“However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately.”

I think saying his players aren't good enough and the club need to fund more signings is more to do with his sacking than the results.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Parker after the 9-0 defeat;

Club statement after his sacking;

I think saying his players aren't good enough and the club need to fund more signings is more to do with his sacking than the results.

Eddie Howe spent a fortune on players but never complained …
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
Klopps done it again:

There’s our shiny new central midfielder signing right there.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Eddie Howe spent a fortune on players but never complained …

The owner there has turned the tap off since Howe and just recouping his losses by pocketing the PL money by the looks of it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
There’s our shiny new central midfielder signing right there.

When Frank and Gerrard get the boot we can have the all time greatest English midfield ever.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
That cardigan was the final straw!

I think it was his honesty in saying that his squad needed better players. The owners are probably looking for a manager who can keep them up with the players they have........that's a big challenge......time for "Big Sam".
#JFT97

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
glad i missed it, doing good karma with the kids at puttshack was worth it!

hopefully harvey and carvalho kick on from here. 1 more game, then nunez is back.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
So a new manager is going to come in to a newly promoted club with no Premier League level signings, and do what exactly??

Whoever they appoint, they'd make a great start by getting behind the players and backing them to the hilt instead of publicly kicking them when they're already (9-0) down.