Author Topic: Matched Betting  (Read 344 times)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Matched Betting
« on: July 30, 2022, 02:32:55 pm »
Anyone have much experience with this?

Gambling doesn't appeal to me at all, but from what I can work out matched betting isn't really gambling at all. As long as you don't get sucked in of course.

I'd never even heard about it until recently. It sounds like you can make a lot of money if you're willing to put time in. To be perfectly honest? I'm not looking to put the time in. I just heard it could be good for an extra hundred quid or so, anything to help out a little with the bills.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Matched Betting
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 02:38:33 pm »
I don't do matched betting, but it's a quick way to gubsville.

You should be able to make a few quid before the bookies restrict your accounts though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 02:47:01 pm »
I made a few grand with it years ago doing the signup offers and some reloads (I subscribed to two well known matched betting sites at different times).

Recently I made another £450, that was with very few signup offers since I'd done most of them years ago.

There's still money to be made but I found I got bored of it. I wasn't logging in enough to justify the subscription. There's Matched Betting Blog which has free offers though but the odds matchers and additional tools on the pay sites are worth it imo if you're going to put the time in required to make it pay.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 02:55:14 pm »
Anyone have much experience with this?

Gambling doesn't appeal to me at all, but from what I can work out matched betting isn't really gambling at all. As long as you don't get sucked in of course.

I'd never even heard about it until recently. It sounds like you can make a lot of money if you're willing to put time in. To be perfectly honest? I'm not looking to put the time in. I just heard it could be good for an extra hundred quid or so, anything to help out a little with the bills.

You missed the boat about 10 years ago when Bookies weren't overly wise to it. You could make the most of all their offers, sign up multiple accounts with each and make a really good earning from it. They also had more offers back then.

Now, as soon as you show any sign of abusing their offers e.g. only betting with them via a promo, they will restrict your account immediately and/or ban you. Apparently they also have software in place that can tell if you're using their sites at the same time as an exchange or an odds comparison site to help identify those that are matched betting.

You can still make a fair bit from it initially using their sign up bonuses, say £1,000-£2,000 or so. But back in the day you could make around that much every month using reload bonuses, odds boosts and other regular promos. Big events like the World Cup and Wimbledon, or Cheltenham, were an absolute gold mine. No chance of that now.

Also be wary of the less-established bookies that also tend to be the ones with the biggest bonuses. They'll have dodgier T & C's, are difficult to contact if you have an issue and could go bust at any point without paying you out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 02:57:11 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.