Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 1092264 times)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Reply #16000 on: May 5, 2024, 07:09:17 pm »
Could have also played Gakpo through for the open net. Literally any option was better than what he did.

The xStupid is off the scales

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #16001 on: May 5, 2024, 07:09:22 pm »
Feel for Nunez - seems to do most things right until the time to execute comes. Can this even be trained?

A fair proportion of it is just bad luck for me.

If it is a narrow offside then it ends up in the back of the net if he is fractionally onside it goes tits up. Today he has a great assist for Salah and it is offisde.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #16002 on: May 5, 2024, 07:09:57 pm »
The xStupid is off the scales
Certainly is with you
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16003 on: May 5, 2024, 07:11:33 pm »
Another 1 on 1 miss. He clearly has a mental block. If Klopp is unable to coax the best out of him, you wonder who can.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16004 on: May 5, 2024, 07:12:27 pm »
A good performance. And people are talking utter shite about one of our players again.

Shameful
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16005 on: May 5, 2024, 07:18:00 pm »
I thought there was a lot to enjoy about his cameo personally. I'm just happy that he's causing opposition defences problems again because his last few appearances had been uncharacteristically quiet.

The 1v1 is one of them, I'd rather give praise to the keeper for forcing the forward to make a snap decision than to blame the forward, it was far from a sitter. I was more frustrated that he wasn't able to square it to Gravenberch when we were 2v1 with the defender getting a touch on the pass. The offside was incredibly tight, and I thought the run was a good one. Must have been millimetres in it.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #16006 on: May 5, 2024, 07:23:56 pm »
Could have also played Gakpo through for the open net. Literally any option was better than what he did.

He couldn't have played Gakpo in. Gakpo is behind Romero.

He has done okay opened his body up and side-footed it. He hasn't tried to blast it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline DHRED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #16007 on: May 5, 2024, 07:26:52 pm »

He has done okay opened his body up and side-footed it. He hasn't tried to blast it.

He can pass the ball forwards, this isn’t rugby. He could have easily played Gakpo in based on the image in your post.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #16008 on: May 5, 2024, 07:32:32 pm »
He can pass the ball forwards, this isn’t rugby. He could have easily played Gakpo in based on the image in your post.

Romero is ahead of Gakpo though and if Nunez tries to play him in then Romero just goes to ground and slides in.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #16009 on: May 5, 2024, 07:33:27 pm »

Gakpo is cleary running into the space and is faster than Romero, what are you talking about
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16010 on: May 5, 2024, 07:34:11 pm »
Liverpool "fans" absolutely revelling in the fact that he didn't score in a 20 minute cameo stuck out at LW when we'd long lost a grip of the game. Fucking weird behaviour.

Wasn't even our worst miss of the game lol

A large portion of our fans are utter c*nts. They'd rather Nunez missed every chance so they get to berate him and say they were right months ago when they called him shite.

People used to claim we have the best fans in the world. The reality is quite different. Far too many wankers.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16011 on: May 5, 2024, 07:36:05 pm »

I haven’t watched it but surely that is an easy chip into the goal from there? Or even easier pass to Gakpo.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16012 on: May 5, 2024, 07:36:07 pm »
Even when we win, CVNTS.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16013 on: May 5, 2024, 07:36:55 pm »
When he come on for some reason we couldn't hold the ball and Spurs were looking more likely to score

For some reason?

5 touches
0/3 passes
0/1 aerial duels
2 offsides

Might have contributed to it

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #16014 on: May 5, 2024, 07:36:58 pm »
To be fair that was some pretty good goalkeeping as well I thought?

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16015 on: May 5, 2024, 07:37:32 pm »
When he come on for some reason we couldn't hold the ball and Spurs were looking more likely to score

He's a divider that's why. He is completely lacking in the basics.

He is not for purpose for a team who wants to dominate the ball.

Not sure Gakpo is the answer long term but when he is playing out of his skin, we get a glimpse of how good it looks to have a competent footballer in his place. Here is hoping he can keep the quality performances up on a consistent basis.

Rumours Conte is set for Milan. He would absolutely adore him and he would actually fit Conteball. Hope they come in for him but unlikely it would be a serious bid.

One thing about him coming on as a sub of late is that his goals per 90 rate isn't taking a hit. Iheanacho would be proud of his work on that front.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 08:10:10 pm by Andar »

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16016 on: May 5, 2024, 07:39:48 pm »
For some reason?

5 touches
0/3 passes
0/1 aerial duels
2 offsides

So he is the sole reason for our team falling apart, despite those stats showing that he wasn't involved that much.

Wasn't the midfield finding its shape, not the defence getting complacent, no it was down to Nunez, sound

He's a divider that's why. He is completely lacking in the basics.

He is not for purpose for a team who wants to dominate the ball.

Not sure Gakpo is the answer in that role long term but when he is playing out of his skin, we get a glimpse of how good it looks to have a competent footballer as the focal point. Here is hoping he can keep the quality performances up on a consistent basis.

Rumours Conte is set for Milan. Conte would absolutely adore him. He would actually fit Conteball. Hope they come in for him but unlikely it would be a serious bid.

One thing about him coming on as a sub of late is that his goals per 90 rate isn't taking a hit. Iheanacho would be proud of his work on that front.

Sound lad

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #16017 on: May 5, 2024, 07:39:52 pm »
Gakpo is cleary running into the space and is faster than Romero, what are you talking about

Nunez would have to angle the pass to avoid the keeper, play it across Romero who would almost certainly go to ground and get the perfect weight on the pass to give Gakpo any chance of converting the chance. It would have to be one of the passes of the season.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #16018 on: May 5, 2024, 07:40:48 pm »
No issue with him today, came on and was a threat. He hasn't been for a while.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16019 on: May 5, 2024, 07:41:28 pm »
We've won a game, a couple of matches left with Klopp and some people just constantly whinge at individual players.  ???
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16020 on: May 5, 2024, 07:41:53 pm »
i always said that the problem is upstairs with him.

im not sure if you can fix that though.  he isnt tuned in. All the great goal scorers are mentally sharp.

a sign of that is how often he is offside and his slow reactions in the box.

maybe a good sports psychologist could do wonders for him but surely he has access to that already?
« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 07:44:35 pm by darragh85 »

Offline PEG2K

• Could be Stan Boardman. Hates the Germans.
  • Kopite
« Reply #16021 on: May 5, 2024, 07:42:01 pm »
That was good goal keeping. I wouldn't count that as a big chance.

That said he could have done better, either rounding the keeper or squaring it to Gakpo (anyone saying the pass wasn't on is just manipulating facts).

But the bottom line is we shouldn't be discussing the performances of players who came on when we were up 4-0 and had nothing to play for in the season.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #16022 on: May 5, 2024, 07:42:13 pm »
No issue with him today, came on and was a threat. He hasn't been for a while.
What was exactly the threat?

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16023 on: May 5, 2024, 07:42:23 pm »
So he is the sole reason for our team falling apart

No one said that.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16024 on: May 5, 2024, 07:43:48 pm »
For some reason?

5 touches
0/3 passes
0/1 aerial duels
2 offsides

As if to ram home my point.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16025 on: May 5, 2024, 07:44:54 pm »
We've won a game, a couple of matches left with Klopp and some people just constantly whinge at individual players.  ???

Is why I've stopped opening loads of threads, would not be able to help myself.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16026 on: May 5, 2024, 07:44:57 pm »
Lads/lasses, we won and scored 4 goals today. Plenty of time in two weeks time to bicker over Darwin and others. Enjoy the win.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16027 on: May 5, 2024, 07:45:02 pm »
Not really arsed as it was practically a preseason game with no impact on where we finish.

Could he have rounded the GK? Yes
Is it bad luck? Not sure because the sample size is too large now.

He just doesn't score enough big chances and it would have been a surprise if he scored that as him missing big chances is normal now (he misses 8 times out of 10 or 80 times out of 100). I'm just numb to it now.

Next season,  he really has to step up because the £85m is for not for projects (the owners actually put their hands in their pockets to get who we wanted).
« Last Edit: May 5, 2024, 07:47:30 pm by MonsLibpool »

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16028 on: May 5, 2024, 07:46:16 pm »
No one said that.

No but someone is saying "Ah this was the best team for him to play against and he fucked it up"

Avoiding the context that when he comes on we didn't have control of the game as before

And I say in passing "oh for some reason we lost control at the point" and you respond with a pretty snarky comment saying "For some reason? Here is Nunez stats that's your reason"

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16029 on: May 5, 2024, 07:47:08 pm »
I still believe in him. Clearly, he has the talent to become a top striker; a new manager may be good for him. 
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #16030 on: May 5, 2024, 07:47:29 pm »
Is why I've stopped opening loads of threads, would not be able to help myself.

I am an emotional wreck already, heaven only knows how worse I will be at that last game. The best thing to do is just stay away, it's not worth the arguing sadly.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #16031 on: May 5, 2024, 07:47:51 pm »
The reaction in here is a microcosm of what I perceive as the biggest problem Nunez faces.

For as many supporters he has, he has an equal amount of people whose head he has burnt out.

He has a 20 min cameo today that showed the good and bad things about him currently. You see the reaction in here though. I’ve heard the same criticism from mates who were at the game.

Nunez is a player who could really do with the summer. Even if that’s for everyone reactions around him to cool. He needs the polar and visceral reactions about everyone of his performances to subside or he’ll be on a hiding to nothing. Bagging a few goals would help.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16032 on: May 5, 2024, 07:50:46 pm »
Honestly maybe we should sell him.

This incessant, forensic overanalysis of every single touch/shot that doesn't somehow lead to a goal or a chance is one of the most toxic, joyless things I've seen from this fanbase in quite some time.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16033 on: May 5, 2024, 07:51:52 pm »
Have you ever played football? This is not a passing situation. Gakpo is well out of his peripheral vision and the keeper is closing fast. You place it, chip it, or go round him.

Darwin really needs to clean up his act when finishing and also being onside more often but I'm not having this shite. There is no time to look in this situation, only option is putting the ball in the net.

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #16034 on: May 5, 2024, 07:56:39 pm »
Feel for Nunez - seems to do most things right until the time to execute comes. Can this even be trained?
Disagree, that's the problem. His decision making is poor, it needs to improve for him to be a success here. There's a reason he's finished both his season's on the bench, & started this one on it.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16035 on: May 5, 2024, 07:58:23 pm »
Honestly maybe we should sell him.

This incessant, forensic overanalysis of every single touch/shot that doesn't somehow lead to a goal or a chance is one of the most toxic, joyless things I've seen from this fanbase in quite some time.

Said this before myself, if it is some level of confidence thing then the level of criticism he gets from our fans may completely block his progress.

A lot of our fans don't like him, full stop. They don't think he is good enough, never thought he was good enough, and never will.

So maybe it's best for everyone he leaves, probably does brilliantly elsewhere, and we can get a fan approved clever forward to be good or not based on fan vibes

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16036 on: May 5, 2024, 08:07:33 pm »
If I didn’t know better I’d think we’d lost. Jesus fucking Christ, some of you need to get a grip instead of trying to find a negative in everything.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16037 on: May 5, 2024, 08:15:31 pm »
A fair proportion of it is just bad luck for me.

So say all losers.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16038 on: May 5, 2024, 08:23:03 pm »
is he a better or worse finisher than Heskey? reminds me somewhat of him.

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16039 on: May 5, 2024, 08:23:38 pm »
is he a better or worse finisher than Heskey? reminds me somewhat of him.

Much of a muchness but Heskey was a better all round footballer.