Author Topic: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II & Warzone 2  (Read 12853 times)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II & Warzone 2
« Reply #200 on: December 18, 2022, 09:15:29 am »
Bought Modern Warfare the other day and spent 3 hours installing the damn thing and it still doesn't let me play. Keep asking me to install Warzone Caldera or some shit, what do I need to do? Campaign pack is already installed
Yeah you'll have to download Warzone Caldera as well. It's Activision forcing Warzone onto players so it's always there in the start up menu when you want to play MW.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2022, 08:35:59 am »
Yeah you'll have to download Warzone Caldera as well. It's Activision forcing Warzone onto players so it's always there in the start up menu when you want to play MW.
Bit silly of them, just had to download every single DLC for it to let me play campaign. Miss the days you could just pop in a disc and start playing.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2022, 04:53:44 pm »
Xmas themed Shipment is so wholesome. :)
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2022, 09:15:04 am »
I love shipment. Its madness condensed. Like the staircases on metro bf3, or C on Locker bf4. Its what BF2042 lacks. Ive managed to rank so many weapons on shipment, even akimbo'd my pistols. But for a few hours of daftness, shipment is hard to beat.

Of course, all chat is muted. I honestly don't understand why people want to be so toxic. Its a game ffs.

Ive got to do the m13b. Solo in dmz at some point.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2022, 10:43:22 am »
I usually play Shipment on mute with a podcast or music on.  Don't need to hear the chaos and footsteps/enemies are everywhere.

Only downside is you sometimes get surprised when you see a vtol or something. But then my Raal with Incendiary rounds takes it out in about 5 seconds anyway :D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2022, 10:55:59 am »
Last few weeks seen about 5-6 M13's dropped at buy stations in DMZ.

I levelled all the battle rifles on Shipment, Taq V is a ridiculously good gun.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #206 on: December 30, 2022, 12:53:05 pm »
Running around fast on shipment with P890 akimbos fully tweaked should be illegal. Its so damn funny. Ive got to do shotties next...

I'll try that tip. If I live that long.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: January 2, 2023, 08:55:41 am »
I love shipment. Its madness condensed. Like the staircases on metro bf3, or C on Locker bf4. Its what BF2042 lacks. Ive managed to rank so many weapons on shipment, even akimbo'd my pistols. But for a few hours of daftness, shipment is hard to beat.

Of course, all chat is muted. I honestly don't understand why people want to be so toxic. Its a game ffs.

Ive got to do the m13b. Solo in dmz at some point.

Couldn’t agree more! Just wish they do a double xp event again soonish with it absolute bliss of a map to rank up weapons.

Currently trying to go for gold on AR’s at the moment but will move onto using other weapons to rank up.

Oh and for some reason I’m addicted to DMZ as well, didn’t think it would be that addictive to play but find myself being dragged back to it. Great mode

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #208 on: January 3, 2023, 05:07:55 pm »
Can't stand the new war zone. It is incredibly slow and on top of that, the TTK is really low too. Balance feels all wrong.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2023, 11:10:57 am »
I love DMZ. Its ace. Tense and exciting. I managed to get the very last exfill. There was a scrap for it between two teams. One team lost. Just as it was about to depart I rushed it and jumped onto the pontoon where the landing gear are and hid between the windows while the team was inside congratulating themselves. That was very exciting. Next game I was targeted as the the HVT for assasination. I managed to get into a dune buggy and out run the team chasing me for 3 mins all around the map only to die to a stupid mistake when I crashed and the AI got me. The game is so up/down and thats what I love. Its so various.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2023, 01:46:06 pm »
I love DMZ. Its ace. Tense and exciting. I managed to get the very last exfill. There was a scrap for it between two teams. One team lost. Just as it was about to depart I rushed it and jumped onto the pontoon where the landing gear are and hid between the windows while the team was inside congratulating themselves. That was very exciting. Next game I was targeted as the the HVT for assasination. I managed to get into a dune buggy and out run the team chasing me for 3 mins all around the map only to die to a stupid mistake when I crashed and the AI got me. The game is so up/down and thats what I love. Its so various.
I agree, DMZ is brilliant, playing it more than MW2 now.

Love taking hunt contracts and finding operators to get their weapons and loot which seems to be what me and my mates( we are all kitted out in the Konig Biohazard skin ;D ) are doing now and driving around taking contracts or until we hear any engagements and try and kill some Operators, on the DMZ calling card progress i just passed 350 operators killed as well.

It's got a bit monotone doing missions once you have your 2nd insurance slot unlocked, some of the missions are just a ball ache, i'm not bothering with them now, i'm guessing season 2 the insurance slots will get reset and they'll be brand new missions.

Speaking of Guns i'm in love with the supressed Lachmann 556, its an absolute no recoil buttery smooth gun at mid to long range just tapping the trigger like a marksman rifle, it reminds me of the MW3 supressed G36C which was my fav gun in that game, i haven't stopped using it in the last couple of weeks, definitely my go to gun now in Al Mazrah.

Reddit also has a DMZ subreddit i just discovered. https://www.reddit.com/r/DMZ/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 02:22:35 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2023, 11:08:59 am »
I play solo and have been the hunt victim a few times. Ive managed to outrun them for the 3 minutes it needs. Jump in a buggy and go dune hopping. Ive also solo'd the teams chasing me once or twice. I like my Signal 50, if youve only 1 plate then you are a 1 shot.

As Im solo, the missions are still fine for me. But the AI is the more threat than Op's. Im still trying to do M13B ffs.

I only have an hour or so of an evening and none of my mates are gamers, so solo it is for me.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2023, 11:44:25 am »
When you're soloing do you not try and join a squad near the exfil?

Seems to be a good tactic for soli players from what I've read on Reddit.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2023, 02:35:41 pm »
I joined a few randoms once or twice. They were toxic morons and I decided not to bother thereafter. I'm a chilled easy going type. Ive no time for nastiness.

Offline Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2023, 03:03:13 pm »
I joined a few randoms once or twice. They were toxic morons and I decided not to bother thereafter. I'm a chilled easy going type. Ive no time for nastiness.

I haven't got any mates that play so I always join a squad pre game. Never really had any issues as I rarely get team mates that speak, but if they do and they are dickheads I just mute them.

It can be hit and miss on getting team mates that want to do contracts though.

I found spawning solo too frustrating, especially if you've only got a single plate vest as it doesn't take much for the AI to down you and then you're stuffed if you haven't got a selfie.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2023, 05:54:17 pm »
I played a few days ago with randoms who were both mates. Their missions were tier 2 and were identical, one of them said we'll follow you, so I find a helicopter about 500 metres away, fly it to the port, where you have to land it and download data, then flew it to a safe to get money, bought a LTV at the 2nd buy station we landed at and did that mission where you drive to that village and kill 20 enemies then burn it in the marsh, then did a hvt contract mission and exfilled.

Cleared their 3 missions in one deployment, they were so chuffed!! :D

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2023, 08:56:52 am »
Nice Red. :)

I successfully did the chemist. Only for the m13b to glitch into a wall when he dropped it. I cant tell you how frustrating that was after all the attempts Ive made. But, I shall persevere. If you spot bootsam#3368460 looking bereft in game, go easy on him. Im also on discord bootsam#9375.

Hunter, ok I'll try rando's again...but the last guy had a potty mouth and I hate that. Its a game ffs, I'm an amiable guy. I'm 57 been gaming since 93. Used to be decent and competative on CS in teh day. But now, I am slower and more patient.

I dont shoot first. Happy to let others go about their business. Fire at me though and I will return fire and probably kill you. I'm quite a few up on Op kills of those who shoot at me.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2023, 09:08:42 am »
Nice Red. :)

I successfully did the chemist. Only for the m13b to glitch into a wall when he dropped it. I cant tell you how frustrating that was after all the attempts Ive made. But, I shall persevere. If you spot bootsam#3368460 looking bereft in game, go easy on him. Im also on discord bootsam#9375.

Hunter, ok I'll try rando's again...but the last guy had a potty mouth and I hate that. Its a game ffs, I'm an amiable guy. I'm 57 been gaming since 93. Used to be decent and competative on CS in teh day. But now, I am slower and more patient.

I dont shoot first. Happy to let others go about their business. Fire at me though and I will return fire and probably kill you. I'm quite a few up on Op kills of those who shoot at me.
I can give you a M13 if you want.

I'll add you, send a msg whenever you're on. I have a 5 attachment M13 I stole off an operator. If we fail first time exfilling then I'll make a insured one.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2023, 09:32:35 am »
Thats very kind of you Red. Thanks. If you need a weapon, like Chimera, I have that.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2023, 12:54:21 pm »
Thats very kind of you Red. Thanks. If you need a weapon, like Chimera, I have that.
Friend request sent.

I already have the Chimera.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2023, 10:25:43 am »
I had my 1st freindly interaction yesterday. This is in stark contrast to the one the previous day. I was about to contact Red but just had a quick infil before my tea. I was about to exfil after I was unable to find the chemist who was hiding, id eliminated everyone else but ran out of time. I went to exfil, saw someone doing so. Asked if I could share and they agreed, just as I was about to jump on board they gunned me down. They never even looted me, so just for lols. Well, dick move but its a game and alls fair and all that.

So I went in to gear up again, so did a weapons stash mission. As I was doing so I spotted someone else about to muscle in on my mission. I contacted him. he was doing the mission to do the stash without damage, so agreed to join forces and I did all the killing for him whilst he hid. He left me with all the loot and we exfilled. That was a good experience and he was a nice guy, dutch i think. So I got geared again and with two silenced m4s. Result. I'm back in the game.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2023, 12:21:01 pm »
I had my 1st freindly interaction yesterday. This is in stark contrast to the one the previous day. I was about to contact Red but just had a quick infil before my tea. I was about to exfil after I was unable to find the chemist who was hiding, id eliminated everyone else but ran out of time. I went to exfil, saw someone doing so. Asked if I could share and they agreed, just as I was about to jump on board they gunned me down. They never even looted me, so just for lols. Well, dick move but its a game and alls fair and all that.

So I went in to gear up again, so did a weapons stash mission. As I was doing so I spotted someone else about to muscle in on my mission. I contacted him. he was doing the mission to do the stash without damage, so agreed to join forces and I did all the killing for him whilst he hid. He left me with all the loot and we exfilled. That was a good experience and he was a nice guy, dutch i think. So I got geared again and with two silenced m4s. Result. I'm back in the game.
When are you online today?

You can get the M13 off me and then level it up in Shipment that's back again.

Dutch randoms are decent, they always have mics and are sound, one Dutch guy got me like 9 wine bottles for a mission, said "Subutai I have a present for you" and dropped these bottles at a buy station, al saffray bay has a kitchen  loads of fridges with Bottles in them, had to sell them to complete a mission.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 12:26:07 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2023, 12:54:47 pm »
Ill be on circa 7pm tonight Red. Once i get in from work and stuff.

That freaking chemist must have dug a hole and buried himself. I killed everything, but could I find him? I put two shots in his head to kick everything off and he just played hide n seek.

Least Im geared up now. So I will be able to last long enough to kill AI. A 1 plate vest just isnt enough these days.

Glad Shipment is back, its great fun except when ur rifle is Lvl1. :D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2023, 01:26:13 pm »
Ill be on circa 7pm tonight Red. Once i get in from work and stuff.

That freaking chemist must have dug a hole and buried himself. I killed everything, but could I find him? I put two shots in his head to kick everything off and he just played hide n seek.

Least Im geared up now. So I will be able to last long enough to kill AI. A 1 plate vest just isnt enough these days.

Glad Shipment is back, its great fun except when ur rifle is Lvl1. :D
I'll log on at 7pm. :)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2023, 08:18:59 pm »
Damn update when I logged on at 7:30.

Boots i saw you online at 8:15 then you went offline.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2023, 02:45:36 pm »
Hi Red, I was on at 7, I saw you on and invited you but assumed you were busy. I then got called out by my daughter who wanted a lift as she is a lazy bstard.

Im back to nothing again as those damned AI shot me whilst they were hiding under the goddamned map! How they can shoot me from there is anyones guess.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2023, 08:34:35 am »
I got the m13b. I spawned, jumped in a car, drove there, twatted everyone and exfilled in less than 5mins. Like it was the easiest thing in the world. No matter the 20 or so failed attempts prior to this.

I saw you on but you were in a party, so i just jumped in and went on my rampage. That was a most bizarre DMV. Like I had superpowers and my aim was flawless. Weird.

All with a 1 plate vest and mostly no plates.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2023, 09:09:18 am »
I got the m13b. I spawned, jumped in a car, drove there, twatted everyone and exfilled in less than 5mins. Like it was the easiest thing in the world. No matter the 20 or so failed attempts prior to this.

I saw you on but you were in a party, so i just jumped in and went on my rampage. That was a most bizarre DMV. Like I had superpowers and my aim was flawless. Weird.

All with a 1 plate vest and mostly no plates.
Nice one Boots!!! 8)

Season 2 on the 15th, no doubt to ruse new players to DMZ, they'll be a new gun and it will be a beat the Chemist to unlock. :butt

No leaks yet on the new Resurgence map either, DMZ with fewer teams on a smaller map would be amazing as well, which I hope they do.

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2023, 09:36:37 am »
Hope so Red, some PvE incentives would be interesting. I'm just happy to unlock the m13, now I have to do shipment. It always takes me 10 or 15mins to get into the swing of shipment. Then Ive got to do the a couple of battle rifles and the odd marksman and a couple of snipers to rank all my weapons. The m13 was holding my completion ocd back.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: January 26, 2023, 08:07:19 am »
https://www.callofduty.com/blog/2023/01/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-II-warzone-2-0-season-02-community-update?cid=c000157&utm_source=email&utm_medium=MAAD-4091&utm_campaign=CommunityUpdates#DMZ

Probably will be interested in latest blog for MW2 ahead of season 2

Still loving DMZ, have been trying to work my way through some of the tier2/3/4 missions of white mantis, black mantis and legion which are interesting but looking forward to seeing what they do in S2.

Also liking Building 21 the few times I’ve managed to get there as well

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 27, 2023, 09:47:27 am »
CharlieIntel confirms the rumours about DMZ.

Missions, Insurance slots will be reset with new missions coming, and contraband guns and Keys collected will be wiped.

Seems to be loads of outrage, I'm not bothered as it makes the game fresh.

Rumours DMZ could be also played on the Resurgence map, nothing confirmed yet.

Also missions to unlock the 2nd tier will be a lot easier than before.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 12:44:48 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline boots

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #231 on: January 30, 2023, 09:46:28 am »
I'm still on T2 Legion...I spend most of my time playing regain after getting shot in face by a shottie by an AI. One time the bugger was under the map. Another time they were in mid air. Neither time their respective hit markers gave me location hints. Blasted AI. :)

Lost count how may ammo stashes ive done.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 31, 2023, 10:30:43 pm »
Well Infinity Ward tweeted yesterday, no resets, a refresh whatever that means, if you have weapons slots unlocked, they wont be lost in season 2.

Looks like IW saw the angry reaction to a reset and changed to this, some prominent ITKs reported last week everything would be reset.

Yeah I've noticed AI floating in the air the last week or so, it looks funny when you come across it.

I've been using the Vel 46 the last few days and had a couple of squad wipes with it, the gun absolutely melts armour in close range, rarely lose a gunfight against Operators, I think it's going to be my go to SMG in Resurgence.

In MW2 it's not the strongest SMG but against Armoured players it's amazing.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 2, 2023, 01:12:24 pm »
I've always used Assault Rifles, was excited to get my hands on the M16 again but it's not the gun it was in the older MW games. That 3 round burst anywhere above waist height would be enough in the older games but if it's not in the head in this game they don't die. Gone back to the M4.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 2, 2023, 03:24:14 pm »
I've always used Assault Rifles, was excited to get my hands on the M16 again but it's not the gun it was in the older MW games. That 3 round burst anywhere above waist height would be enough in the older games but if it's not in the head in this game they don't die. Gone back to the M4.
Yeah M4 is a do it all gun, range and close up it's super strong and easy to use with no recoil.

Have you tried the Lachmann 556, it's my favourite AR, not as strong close up as the Taq or M4 but at range tapping the trigger it's tight no recoil bullet spread makes it a fast TTK.

That Gun is slept on, playing on DMZ i never see any downed Operators or any of them killing me using it.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #235 on: February 6, 2023, 10:54:22 pm »
Anyone playing Warzone DMZ on PS5? PM your gamer tags and I'll set up a RAWK clan.

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 7, 2023, 07:47:24 am »
Yeah M4 is a do it all gun, range and close up it's super strong and easy to use with no recoil.

Have you tried the Lachmann 556, it's my favourite AR, not as strong close up as the Taq or M4 but at range tapping the trigger it's tight no recoil bullet spread makes it a fast TTK.

That Gun is slept on, playing on DMZ i never see any downed Operators or any of them killing me using it.

Personally a fan of the Chimera AR on DMZ but do agree the M4 is the one which does regularly drop and is super reliable.

However at the moment on sniper rifles trying to do Black Motus T3 roof rat mission…

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 7, 2023, 09:35:49 am »
What are peoples recommendations for ranking up snipers quickly? I'm currently ploughing through Invasion to level up, which is hit or miss and taking a while!

I've tried through regular multiplayer on Shoothouse/Shipment, but I'm not a good quickscoper!
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 7, 2023, 07:35:57 pm »
What are peoples recommendations for ranking up snipers quickly? I'm currently ploughing through Invasion to level up, which is hit or miss and taking a while!

I've tried through regular multiplayer on Shoothouse/Shipment, but I'm not a good quickscoper!
Honestly DMZ lol, the tier 1 and 2 bots are easy, they barely move and when they do they poke the head out behind cover, rack up loads of easy kills with them.

I levelled up the Signal and SP X 80 pretty quick on there, it's a lot easier than MP, got my builds perfected for both Snipers for Resurgence.

I levelled all my Battle rifles and a couple of Marksman Rifles on DMZ as well, long range guns on DMZ with decent optics is easy AF against Bots.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 07:55:41 pm by RedSince86 »

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 8, 2023, 09:02:17 am »
I'll give that a go then! :)
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid