Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho  (Read 130670 times)

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho
« Reply #600 on: December 27, 2022, 02:38:20 pm »
He will have a hard time getting games now..
Not with 5 subs.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #601 on: December 27, 2022, 03:09:02 pm »
He will need to get a lot stronger. He was bullied against City.

Still scored though. I'd compare him to Minamino at the moment. An impact player in the box and good technically but physically slight.

Still very young as well to improve, Minamino's 28 next month.

And he'd have offered more than Ox did last night and exploited the space Villa gave.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: December 30, 2022, 11:35:24 pm »
Is he carrying a knock?  I've not seen anything mentioned but it's odd he's been an unused sub in the past two games when we've been so thin on attacking players.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: December 30, 2022, 11:37:43 pm »
Is he carrying a knock?  I've not seen anything mentioned but it's odd he's been an unused sub in the past two games when we've been so thin on attacking players.
I doubt it. He looked disappointed when they showed the players on the bench in extra time.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: December 31, 2022, 12:40:10 am »

No. After getting pulled at half from the Man City game where he had a very difficult first half (goal aside) - he hasn't sniffed the field these last two games. I think this happens with young players - the ebbs and flows.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: January 2, 2023, 10:27:24 pm »
No. After getting pulled at half from the Man City game where he had a very difficult first half (goal aside) - he hasn't sniffed the field these last two games. I think this happens with young players - the ebbs and flows.

And again. Too bad.

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #606 on: January 3, 2023, 01:03:59 am »
It is a mystery that Klopp keeps starting Elliot who has done nothing while giving 0 minutes to this talented youngster who scores some crucial goals for us.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #607 on: January 3, 2023, 01:31:43 am »
It is a mystery that Klopp keeps starting Elliot who has done nothing while giving 0 minutes to this talented youngster who scores some crucial goals for us.

I don't think it's that much of a mystery. As out of his depth as Harvey is in the RCM role, Fabio seems to be even more so.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: January 3, 2023, 02:23:01 pm »
It's fair to say he has struggled a lot as a starter but when he comes off the bench as one of the attacking 3 he has shown plenty of promise and some end product.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: January 3, 2023, 02:38:56 pm »
Not the answer to anything currently.

Get into the gym and put on some muscle, and we'll see where we are in 12-24 months.

Maybe even send him back to Fulham on loan.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: January 3, 2023, 03:20:19 pm »
Not the answer to anything currently.

Get into the gym and put on some muscle, and we'll see where we are in 12-24 months.

Maybe even send him back to Fulham on loan.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #611 on: January 7, 2023, 10:00:18 pm »
Think he might benefit from a loan right now. Dont think he's quite there to be a starter in the run in and once the forwards start coming back from injuries he will have a hard time getting minutes.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: January 7, 2023, 10:18:08 pm »
Plus - Klopp has lost all faith in him since the Man City game.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #613 on: January 7, 2023, 10:22:50 pm »

No signs of that. We are just not in a situation where we can give young players the minutes they need to develop right now.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #614 on: January 7, 2023, 10:26:38 pm »

If that was the case, he wouldn't have put him on the bench tonight.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #615 on: January 7, 2023, 10:28:22 pm »
No signs of that. We are just not in a situation where we can give young players the minutes they need to develop right now.

*cough* Elliot *cough*

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #616 on: January 7, 2023, 10:40:07 pm »
*cough* Elliot *cough*

*cough* Doak *cough*
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: January 7, 2023, 11:43:02 pm »
If that was the case, he wouldn't have put him on the bench tonight.

He's had him on the bench for numerous games since then. He's not remotely been considered to come in.

Offline Captain Kos

• Main Stander
« Reply #618 on: January 8, 2023, 12:10:36 am »
I'm glad he hasn't played. Why play and become the scapegoat for an awful performance by the seasoned pros
I dream of a team of Daniel Aggers!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: January 8, 2023, 12:11:33 am »
He's had him on the bench for numerous games since then. He's not remotely been considered to come in.

It's amazing how in synch you are with the Boss.I bet you even know what socks he's going to wear before he's even opened the drawer.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: January 8, 2023, 12:22:33 am »
It's amazing how in synch you are with the Boss.I bet you even know what socks he's going to wear before he's even opened the drawer.

It's true. Usually - he prefers the Tanjiro Demon Slayer socks. From time to time - he will change it up and go with the Christmas present socks he got with the image of his dog's face. Quite popular these days.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: January 8, 2023, 07:58:49 am »

This makes little sense. He lost faith in Carvalho yet his faith in Harvey, who is drowning in the deep end twice a week, is still going strong? Not very likely.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #622 on: January 14, 2023, 09:52:13 pm »
What’s happened to him? He’s disappeared off the face of the earth for whatever reason and we’ve got chamberlain starting week in week out?

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: January 14, 2023, 09:59:54 pm »
What’s happened to him? He’s disappeared off the face of the earth for whatever reason and we’ve got chamberlain starting week in week out?

I’m not sure. From what I’ve seen of him, in my opinion, he should be competing with Harvey for the No.10 role. Just a shame we don’t play with one.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #624 on: January 14, 2023, 10:00:51 pm »
I’m not sure. From what I’ve seen of him, in my opinion, he should be competing with Harvey for the No.10 role. Just a shame we don’t play with one.

We did today and klopp decided to play Thiago there for some strange reason

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #625 on: January 14, 2023, 10:49:43 pm »
His signing is similar to that of Harvey Elliots. Both are talented young players with potential high ceilings. But neither suit the system Klopp wants us to play. So unless Klopp changes his system/formation so that these two young lads can finally play in their natural positions, both signings will have to go in the poor recruitment folder.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: January 14, 2023, 11:29:40 pm »
Harvey had no trouble slotting in,was probably our best player for a few games until he got injured.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #627 on: January 15, 2023, 09:59:24 am »
His signing is similar to that of Harvey Elliots. Both are talented young players with potential high ceilings. But neither suit the system Klopp wants us to play. So unless Klopp changes his system/formation so that these two young lads can finally play in their natural positions, both signings will have to go in the poor recruitment folder.

We really wanted Carvalho so what did we have in mind for him? He was signed to play in the first team straight away, not just make us Brewster/Solanke money down the line.

The lad has a goal in him, so you may as well have had Gakpo down the left yesterday and him through the middle. Not that it would have made much difference to the outcome of the match but it's odd he's been basically thrown under the bus since the City game. Someone as shot as Ox is has started the last 4 league games over him and he's not getting on the pitch.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: January 16, 2023, 09:36:18 am »
Feel a bit sorry for the lad, he has shown he can be influential and he gets goals. Play him while we have forwards out so he can get used to the system and raise his confidence

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: January 16, 2023, 09:40:41 am »
Not been at all impressed in all honesty. Lightweight, no pace, neat and tidy but not exactly eye catching on the ball, doesn't seem to suit any particular role etc

Only young and needs more time but I'm already looking at him wondering what can he actually be?

That said, surely more value in giving him game time than playing fucking Ox left wing.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: January 16, 2023, 09:41:50 am »
When he is ready he will be played.

A few of the players we sign have had to go through a period of adjustment before cementing their places in the first team.

Fabio is young so he has plenty of time

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #631 on: January 16, 2023, 09:49:47 am »
Not been at all impressed in all honesty. Lightweight, no pace, neat and tidy but not exactly eye catching on the ball, doesn't seem to suit any particular role etc

Only young and needs more time but I'm already looking at him wondering what can he actually be?

That said, surely more value in giving him game time than playing fucking Ox left wing.

He's a 10 who plays quick, give and go football off a target man.  He's nimble, technically good and can finish.  He doesn't really have the raw speed to play wide in our setup, nor the physical power to play as an 8.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: January 16, 2023, 09:59:21 am »

Remember Luis Garcia?

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: January 16, 2023, 11:18:36 am »
I do like Carvalho. Early in the season he was reminding me a bit of Coutinho. He’s good on the ball, just a bit lightweight which will change in time I’m guessing? Not easy for a young kid to come into a struggling team and make a difference.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: January 16, 2023, 11:39:43 am »

He does have pace - but not Salah / Mane pace which is what everyone expects these days.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: January 16, 2023, 11:47:09 am »
Surprised he's never been tried as Bobby's replacement as that false 9, looks more suited to that than anywhere else really.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #636 on: January 16, 2023, 11:48:21 am »
Surprised he's never been tried as Bobby's replacement as that false 9, looks more suited to that than anywhere else really.

No way, he doesn't have the strength or aerial ability of Firmino.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: January 16, 2023, 12:08:40 pm »
He does have pace - but not Salah / Mane pace which is what everyone expects these days.

I don't expect Mane or Salah pace from him.

I've not seen him go past an opposition player once in any of his games so far.

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #638 on: January 16, 2023, 01:14:28 pm »
He's a young cheap player who's played mainly as a sub, shown glimpses of quality and scored a few goals, despite playing in a system that doesn't really suit him.
What exactly did people expect of him? And if he needs more coaching to adapt to how we play then how would a loan help?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: January 18, 2023, 01:59:16 pm »
He's bloody good.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422