Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 vs 0 Everton Robbo 62’ Origi (man, myth, legend’) 83’  (Read 48061 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I genuinely find it baffling that no one mentions a similar incident on Origi when mentioning the penalty incident during the game.

What is amazing is that Everton fans feel there is a clear bias in the media when everyone is talking about one and ignoring the other.
Q. Does the Origi incident fit the poor, badly-done-to Everton narrative?

A. ❌
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan

A. ❌
It isn't just Everton fans though. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Even on Dale Johnson's review of the weekend's incidents, it isn't mentioned.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
It isn't just Everton fans though. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

Even on Dale Johnson's review of the weekend's incidents, it isn't mentioned.
That's what I'm saying though. The narrative of the game has been set by idiots like Carragher and the whinging, whining BS. Anything not fitting that narrative now is throw out and ignored.

We never made a fuss of the Origi one, but they haven't stopped bleating since Sunday.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Funny thing is The Pigeon is literally trying to grab his shoulder  when Fabinho flicks his hand back. I didn't realise "he fouled me before I could foul him" was a card worthy offence!
I wonder what our Brazilians make of that horrible shithouse when on international duty. Must be hard for them having to be in the same squad after all his shithouse antics in derby games. Same with the English players with Pickford.
The sooner we are rid of these the better.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
Funny thing is The Pigeon is literally trying to grab his shoulder  when Fabinho flicks his hand back. I didn't realise "he fouled me before I could foul him" was a card worthy offence!
Richie didn't even stay on his feet long enough to have a swipe at Fab's leg, Doucoure on the other hand...

Yanks arm, kicks leg and swears at ref. One card for the price of three. :(

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
Richie didn't even stay on his feet long enough to have a swipe at Fab's leg, Doucoure on the other hand...

Yanks arm, kicks leg and swears at ref. One card for the price of three. :(

Ball is gone.
So the kick should be treated as violent conduct.
Red card.

Not even counting the tug before and the swearing after.
Not even counting the shove (and little kick?) at Henderson when he was on the ground, floored by the studs of Richie La, the diver in the prior incident, and also, predictably, on the ground in both cases.  On that note, owners of mattress companies should maybe be kind and provide a sponsorship deal to Richie La? At least, make his stay on the ground comfortable. Would not want him to get a bad back by sleeping on uneven grassy surfaces.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline KloppRoy

• Main Stander
I am sad how far Everton have fallen. in the 80s me and my mates would go to to Anfield and go to Goodison the next week. the rivalry was great. the games and respect was mutual. Now i dislike Everton more than any club including the mancs. I think it would be a good thing if they went down. Maybe they can have a re think and look at themselves. Its the worst game of the season when we play this lot.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
That's what I'm saying though. The narrative of the game has been set by idiots like Carragher and the whinging, whining BS. Anything not fitting that narrative now is throw out and ignored.

We never made a fuss of the Origi one, but they haven't stopped bleating since Sunday.

If any dedicated red is up to it, would be nice to make a nice compilation of Allan´s swipe at Mane (before the latter retaliated), The Origi pen (which was more of a pen than Diver Gordon´s) and all the violent conduct of the Doucoure and Richie La due. And of course, all the diving and shithousery of the latter, of course. Make it a DVD, to commemorate the occasion.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
^

Leave that crap to them.  3 points in the bag,  we move on.

Offline Mohsosa

• Main Stander
Absolutely sublime

I'm trying this the next time I play football
Our fantastic keeper, striker and comedian - you could feel the tension release.

https://i.imgur.com/Iv9L3Qt.gif

They can waste as much time as they want in the lower leagues...

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
Nothing beats sitting in the Sky studios, glassy-eyed, mouthing rationalizations for that steaming pile of bovine evacuation served up by Everton on Sunday?  Money for nothing, really.

Although Carragher was straining hard there. And he sounds like goat being strangled at the best of times.

By the way, if you subtract Pickford's belly flops onto the ball, followed by his Jack-Nicholson-in-the-Shining grin, what was the real possession stat?  10%?

« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 06:54:43 pm by FLRed67 »

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
I am sad how far Everton have fallen. in the 80s me and my mates would go to to Anfield and go to Goodison the next week. the rivalry was great. the games and respect was mutual. Now i dislike Everton more than any club including the mancs. I think it would be a good thing if they went down. Maybe they can have a re think and look at themselves. Its the worst game of the season when we play this lot.

Do you genuinely believe they will take some time to self reflect? If anything, I predict a stint in the championship will have them even worse than they are now. Who are you shouts at goal kicks wont be far off. Full small club syndrome that Rafa referenced will be in full effect.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Moving along Lads an Lassies, this is so last week.

Just another 2-0 win, let them bitter.

Online RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan

A. ❌
Exactly. That's the world we live in. If someone loses, it must be because they were hard done by, unfairly treated. No one should take responsibility for their own failings.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
It´s funny because I was watching it with my Bluenose mate here in Barcelona but with Spanish coms, another Spanish mate and two South Americans.

He was obviously shouting for their penalty claim. He gave me a sly look when Origi was brought down in their box knowing they got away with one there. Obviously he knew they were shithousing but was happy to take it (and quite frankly, although it had me feeewming, so was I considering the respective position of the two teams and the fact we sent them to bed anyway). We shook hands after. He very begrudgingly said best team won (whether or not he actually meant it). We went for a bevvy all in good faith.

Amazing what being disassociated from whatever drivel they come out with in the English coms and whatever pundit narrative they are trying to push can do to people´s impressions of a match.

As always, best thing to do is just tune it out. Let the internet and whoever else mindlessly follows the media narrative stew in it. Save yourselves some heartache.

P.S. That did not stop him going on a small rant about how Anfield is full of tourists and Liverpool is predominantly followed by tourists and foreigners - which is funny because he´s a Southerner (albiet with a Scouse dad), and I was the only person in the room actually from the city. You can only smile and laugh in that situation!!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 08:12:02 am by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
Do you genuinely believe they will take some time to self reflect? If anything, I predict a stint in the championship will have them even worse than they are now. Who are you shouts at goal kicks wont be far off. Full small club syndrome that Rafa referenced will be in full effect.

I genuinely believe they can fall down to League One. If they get relegated, some shite teams in the Prem will take a gamble on players like Pickford, Doucoure, Richarlison, etc. I've seen comments from them saying they'd come straight back up as champions. I think the reality is actually a lot more bleak for them.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
I genuinely believe they can fall down to League One. If they get relegated, some shite teams in the Prem will take a gamble on players like Pickford, Doucoure, Richarlison, etc. I've seen comments from them saying they'd come straight back up as champions. I think the reality is actually a lot more bleak for them.
I'm not sure what they think distinguishes them from Sunderland.  Moshiri's tenure has no lasting legacy as is stands, he's burned money on the playing squad to go backwards but BMD still looks like a pipe dream.  Finch Farm is as it was and still owned by the council.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
Exactly mate. Last season they were going to challenge for the league and secure top 4, now they're fighting relegation this season.  ;D

Offline KloppRoy

• Main Stander
The way they set upto play and their toxic Fan base its probably best they are removed from our league for a while. maybe a good while. Not often i prefer playing Burnley or their fans.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
95 completed passed by Everton.  Can anyone find out what the lowest on record is?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
They love a 95...

Since 1995... ;D
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for the perfect warm up game for our CL Semi Final :wave
Jurgen YNWA