Author Topic: PL Relegation Fight - 21/22  (Read 14411 times)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL Relegation Fight - 21/22
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2022, 03:53:24 pm »
Leeds will go if Biesla remains in charge.  I get that Leeds fans love him, but he’s tactically inflexible, far too open at the back and haven’t got the players to solidify defensively.

I want them to stay up, but theyre in free fall.  Despite the score, I think Burnley might escape (unfortunately).  Norwich, Watford and Leeds.  Our illustrious neighbours just escaping.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 03:56:27 pm by Hedley Lamarr »

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2022, 03:54:44 pm »
Newcastle will be up to 14th before the day is out.  Probably.
How it stands as I type this out.   :P

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2022, 03:55:21 pm »
Leeds have Villa and Norwich at home to come. I do think they'll pick up wins in games like that if they stick with Bielsa.

Rumour has it that they're lining up Jesse March as a replacement, which I think would be insane. If they do have a change, they absolutely have to bring in a defensively minded manager, even if just until the end of the season.

I think Marsch would be a good appointment in the summer if the stay up, but bringing him in now would be utter chaos. What's Slaven Bilic up to these days?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2022, 04:27:06 pm »
Leeds have Villa and Norwich at home to come. I do think they'll pick up wins in games like that if they stick with Bielsa.

Rumour has it that they're lining up Jesse March as a replacement, which I think would be insane. If they do have a change, they absolutely have to bring in a defensively minded manager, even if just until the end of the season.

Marsch was apparently the favoured candidate to replace him in the summer. Sounds like Leeds may pull the trigger now though, The Athletic says his position is under threat. Agree that Marsch is a risk, especially now that other clubs are gathering steam like Newcastle and Burnley.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: March 5, 2022, 07:43:58 pm »
Leeds fixture is not that bad but their form has been horrendous. They win against Villa at home then Norwich, they will be perfectly fine.
I hope Burnley keeps fighting as they are facing City at home in 2 weeks.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 6, 2022, 05:26:57 am »
So far only Norwich are going down 100%, there's no way they can stay up.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2022, 10:52:24 am »
Bit of a shit night last night for any hope of the Bitters being flushed

Clearly six teams involved now, the journalist murderers are out of it unfortunately.

15 Brentford    Played 28     27 points
16 Leeds         Played 28     23 points
17 Everton      Played 25     22 points
18 Burnley      Played 26     21 points
19 Watford     Played 28     19 points
20 Norwich     Played 28     17 points

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2022, 10:58:48 am »
So far only Norwich are going down 100%, there's no way they can stay up.

I disagree, likely they do, but their remainign fixtures are ones they could easily get some points from.

3 wins MIGHT just be enough, and they have shown they can throw a decent result in. If they fail to get anything in their next 2 against Leeds and Brighton, I'd probably say they are fucked for sure.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2022, 11:03:25 am »
That bottom five in particular are all in shocking, shocking form. Norwich have lost five in a row, Watford 3 losses and a draw in their last four, Burnley two losses and a draw, Everton four losses and a win in their last five and Leeds five in a row. Ideal results this weekend would be Brentford, Leeds, Watford and Wolves all win but I suspect the bitters have got enough to get out of it sadly
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2022, 11:39:44 am »
Seen a few in the media talk about Everton's games in hand, that's never as good as points on the board. Hell, I'm nervous about our game in hand next week Vs Arsenal and we're in great form. In the form the blues are in, 2 more games (might even be home games) is just more chances for the pressure to kick in and nerves around Goodison to crank up. We've seen how that team reacts to real pressure, they disintegrate like tissue in a snot party.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2022, 12:40:36 pm »
The last thing this is, is a fight. Its more like a who can be the shittest competition
Jurgen YNWA

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2022, 12:58:53 pm »
Seen a few in the media talk about Everton's games in hand, that's never as good as points on the board. Hell, I'm nervous about our game in hand next week Vs Arsenal and we're in great form. In the form the blues are in, 2 more games (might even be home games) is just more chances for the pressure to kick in and nerves around Goodison to crank up. We've seen how that team reacts to real pressure, they disintegrate like tissue in a snot party.

They've got 4 games to fit in somewhere, Burnley away and Leicester home were postponed in December and haven't been rescheduled yet, they have the rescheduled Newcastle game next week sandwiched between Wolves at home and Palace away in the cup, they should've been playing Watford away on the QF weekend so that needs to be rescheduled and they have Palace at home on the semi weekend but one of them is guaranteed to have a semi, semi weekend Burnley, Watford & Leicester are all playing teams already out of the cup so no chance of arranging one of them for that weekend

Really good chance those postponements come back to bite them on the arse, I can see them losing the next 2 which will crank up the pressure, especially for the 2 relegation 6 pointers away from the pit

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2022, 01:49:53 pm »
With the despot club being safe, they could actually finish in the top half. Outside the top 8, most teams are really shit, there's just some teams that are shitter than others.

You can get them at 15/2 to finish top half.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2022, 02:27:44 pm »
Really need Leeds to start picking up some points.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2022, 03:06:44 pm »
Really need Leeds to start picking up some points.

Next four (Norwich, Wolves, Southampton and Watford) are crucial for them, considering they have a stretch after that in which three of the next four are against Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2022, 08:51:44 am »
Bamford out for six weeks, ruptured something in his foot. Getting to the point in the year where six weeks is basically a season-ender, so looks like Leeds will be without him in the run-in. Might be alright considering their recent wins, but could see them get sucked back into things, even if they're probably safe with two more wins. 

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2022, 07:42:05 pm »
Bamford out for six weeks, ruptured something in his foot. Getting to the point in the year where six weeks is basically a season-ender, so looks like Leeds will be without him in the run-in. Might be alright considering their recent wins, but could see them get sucked back into things, even if they're probably safe with two more wins. 

I think that they've been missing Phillips more than Bamford. Their attack is not that bad (12th in the league), but their defence is shocking ...

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 2, 2022, 05:18:33 pm »
Brentford effectively safe after that big win over Chelsea. Leeds will be disappointed not to win but a point is better than nothing.

Still struggling to see a scenario where it's not Norwich, Watford and Burnley who go down. Obviously things could change if West Ham beat Everton tomorrow and then Burnley turn the Ev over on Wednesday (although Everton would still be a point ahead in that scenario).

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: April 6, 2022, 10:27:07 pm »
weekend games
Everton v  Man U
Watford v Leeds
Norwich v Burnley

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: April 6, 2022, 10:30:28 pm »
We all joke about Everton going down but with a pinch of salt, no joke now, they are in serious trouble, will do well to take any points in their next 5 games, 7 out of 9 all tough, looking bleak.
Man U away
Leicester home
Liverpool away
Chelsea home
Leicester away
« Last Edit: April 6, 2022, 10:34:39 pm by oldfordie »
@David__Osland
Leaving the European Union has completely destroyed the Conservative Party. If that doesn't qualify as a concrete Brexit benefit, what does?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 6, 2022, 10:50:35 pm »
Not many people have been saying it as a joke. It's been a real possibility for months. Now it is moving on from a real possibility to pretty likely. If Watford and Burnley pick up wins at the weekend it goes from pretty likely to probably.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 6, 2022, 10:54:01 pm »
We all joke about Everton going down but with a pinch of salt, no joke now, they are in serious trouble, will do well to take any points in their next 5 games, 7 out of 9 all tough, looking bleak.
Man U away
Leicester home

Liverpool away
Chelsea home
Leicester away

They could get 3-5 points in those 3. United are shite. Everton need something in that game, although so do United. Leicester aren't as good as they used to be, and could possibly be distracted with the Europa, as they've nothing to play for in the league.

Other than that, it's only Brentford, Palace and Watford I could see them getting anything if things go right for them. Can't lose that watford game.

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #103 on: April 7, 2022, 12:27:34 am »
Hopefully be out of site before they play Watford. Man U despite being absolute shite will probably get a reaction after their recent performance.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #104 on: April 7, 2022, 08:49:26 am »
Everton just played themselves into a real relegation scrap.

Out of that great generation of midfielders, Vieira and Gerrard looks promising as football managers. Lampard, no. Even Arteta is better than Lampard.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: April 7, 2022, 09:40:02 am »
weekend games
Everton v  Man U
Watford v Leeds
Norwich v Burnley

They could be 3rd bottom this weekend, level on pts with Watford. Watford can stay up and will be looking at overtaking both the shite and Burnley.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #106 on: April 7, 2022, 11:00:13 am »
weekend games
Everton v  Man U
Watford v Leeds
Norwich v Burnley

Ouch (for the Toffees). 3 points apiece for United, Watford, and Burnley... :-X

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: April 9, 2022, 03:53:33 pm »
Well....

Good for Burnley so far....

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 9, 2022, 05:05:06 pm »
They could get 3-5 points in those 3. United are shite. Everton need something in that game, although so do United. Leicester aren't as good as they used to be, and could possibly be distracted with the Europa, as they've nothing to play for in the league.

Other than that, it's only Brentford, Palace and Watford I could see them getting anything if things go right for them. Can't lose that watford game.

Theyll get 2-3 points of Leicester and another 3-5 elsewhere which will keep them
Up, sadly.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #109 on: April 10, 2022, 03:59:52 pm »
The bottom 3 are as good as flushed now.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 10, 2022, 04:09:31 pm »
Ouch (for the Toffees). 3 points apiece for United, Watford, and Burnley... :-X

I hope you didn’t predict we win…

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: April 10, 2022, 04:13:39 pm »
Id love Norwich to go on a run now and relegate the 3 of them
Jurgen YNWA

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2022, 04:14:18 pm »
Burnley, the turd that won't flush, finally about to go perhaps.

It really is fucking dire stuff they play, and they are a primary reason why English football has been in the doledrums for so long as shite like that precipitates the English obsession of 'brute strength' and 'brawn' over creativity and artistry in the game.

I'm sensing a sea change in the culture of English football where guys like Graham Potter and co are coming up from the lower leagues doing things in a more sophisticated manner which might bode well for the future.

But all that Allardyce/Pulis-ball atrocious stuff? Good riddance when it goes.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2022, 09:17:35 pm »
I hope you didn’t predict we win…

Came on to react to exactly the same post!

Surprised at Norwich though to be fair. Burnley are gone.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2022, 09:43:12 pm »
16    Leeds   32   8   9   15   38   68   -30   33   
17    Everton 31   8   5   18   34   53   -19   29   
18    Burnley 32   5   13 14   28   45   -17   28

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2022, 09:43:40 pm »
Burnley, Everton or Leeds?

Burnley or Everton imo.

Can't see both of them surpassing Leeds' 33 points. Saying that I didn't think either of them would hit 30 points a couple of weeks ago but they look like they might now, so you never know.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2022, 10:02:27 pm »
Good for us that Leeds aren’t quite out of the woods yet.

And Everton have had so many games in recent weeks where they could have ended in the bottom 3. Need Burnley to do their bit on Sunday but if they do then wouldn’t it be great to put them in there ourselves.

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2022, 10:05:35 pm »
We can't be far off mathematical Roy Hodgson Relegation Day?

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2022, 10:06:59 pm »
Watford will be winning this weekend, so maybe next weekend.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2022, 10:08:02 pm »

It'd be Utopia if he wins the next one. After that I think they'll be gone.