Author Topic: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)  (Read 436261 times)

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)
« Reply #4480 on: April 24, 2024, 09:50:45 pm »
Until he gets in front of goal
Only player on the pitch who can hold his head up.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4481 on: April 24, 2024, 09:54:11 pm »
He’s been carrying our attack since Jan. He misses some easy chances but our season would’ve been over long ago if not for him.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4482 on: April 24, 2024, 09:54:32 pm »
Class tonight, fair play.

Offline tunred

• Main Stander
  • ici c'est liverpool
« Reply #4483 on: April 24, 2024, 09:56:52 pm »
I’d give him the armband. Only one showing a bit of desire

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #4484 on: April 24, 2024, 09:57:46 pm »
The only attacker who’s close to being world-class. And that’s quite worrying moving forward.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4485 on: April 24, 2024, 09:57:54 pm »
I’d give him the armband. Only one showing a bit of desire

Yep and Quansah/Elliott.

Dom needs dropping how he starts over Elliott is beyond me

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #4486 on: April 24, 2024, 09:58:59 pm »
Well done lad its a pity the other two didn't turn up.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4487 on: April 24, 2024, 09:59:52 pm »
Wouldn’t be surprised if Barca come in for him and he will go.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4488 on: April 24, 2024, 09:59:54 pm »
Missed his fair share but without him there would be no questions asked of their defence all night.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4489 on: April 24, 2024, 09:59:57 pm »
He tried, but his output is far from good enough.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4490 on: April 24, 2024, 09:59:59 pm »
An absolute warrior this lad. Balls and skill in equal quantity.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4491 on: April 24, 2024, 10:00:08 pm »
Only one worth keeping.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #4492 on: April 24, 2024, 10:00:27 pm »
Only one that can walk off with his head up, battled for everything and was the only way we were getting anything.
AHA!

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #4493 on: April 24, 2024, 10:00:48 pm »
Can’t fault him tonight. Kept going, kept asking for the ball and trying things.
The only one who looked remotely arsed.
(Quansah was also ok when he came on)

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4494 on: April 24, 2024, 10:01:15 pm »
Good player. He needs more goals around him though as he is never going to be a big scorer. Him and Jota are the only two of our forwards I'd be comfortable starting with next season.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4495 on: April 24, 2024, 10:01:51 pm »
All flash and no substance at the moment. He and the rest of the forwards playing today lack BMT.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4496 on: April 24, 2024, 10:03:54 pm »
The only one who performed well today!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #4497 on: April 24, 2024, 10:04:59 pm »
Well played Luis.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4498 on: April 24, 2024, 10:05:37 pm »
The only one with any fight. Shame about the finishing but he fucking tries and works his bollocks off.

Offline elkun

• Kopite
« Reply #4499 on: April 24, 2024, 10:05:48 pm »
Class player and the only one who has really tried anything tonight

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4500 on: April 24, 2024, 10:06:30 pm »
Aye, well done (again) Luis. What spirit. What skill. Liverpool's player of the season.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4501 on: April 24, 2024, 10:06:39 pm »
He’s been carrying our attack since Jan. He misses some easy chances but our season would’ve been over long ago if not for him.

Sorry, but I disagree.  If you criticise Nunez, someone who scores a decent number of goals, whilst missing easy chances (and creating loads); but then on the other hand priase Diaz who doesn't score a decent number of goals, whilst missing easy chances (and creating not as much) - then how is that fair.  Diaz, before today, in 25 full 90s, had 8 goals (from >10.6 xG, so underperforming his xG by 24.6% - and 4 assists (from 4.2 xA).  Nunez, from 4 games fewer (21 full 90s), had 11 goals (from 14.2 nPxG, so underperforming by 22.% - LESS than Diaz has this season!), and 8 assists (from 5.6 xA).  Nunez is 3 years younger lets not forget - Diaz is at an age where he should be at his prime, and not developing, whereas Nunez is only 24. 

Just seems really unfair to criticise Nunez, who has underperforming his xG by *LESS* than Diaz, whilst creating more, and being 3 years younger as someone who many on here seem to want to get rid of; but then having people claim his been carrying our attack, and been brilliant, whilst underperforming Nunez on all metrics.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4502 on: April 24, 2024, 10:07:53 pm »
If only we had another 5 players on the pitch with his attitude…..
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4503 on: April 24, 2024, 10:11:05 pm »
Sorry, but I disagree.  If you criticise Nunez, someone who scores a decent number of goals, whilst missing easy chances (and creating loads); but then on the other hand priase Diaz who doesn't score a decent number of goals, whilst missing easy chances (and creating not as much) - then how is that fair.  Diaz, before today, in 25 full 90s, had 8 goals (from >10.6 xG, so underperforming his xG by 24.6% - and 4 assists (from 4.2 xA).  Nunez, from 4 games fewer (21 full 90s), had 11 goals (from 14.2 nPxG, so underperforming by 22.% - LESS than Diaz has this season!), and 8 assists (from 5.6 xA).  Nunez is 3 years younger lets not forget - Diaz is at an age where he should be at his prime, and not developing, whereas Nunez is only 24. 

Just seems really unfair to criticise Nunez, who has underperforming his xG by *LESS* than Diaz, whilst creating more, and being 3 years younger as someone who many on here seem to want to get rid of; but then having people claim his been carrying our attack, and been brilliant, whilst underperforming Nunez on all metrics.

Watch football.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4504 on: April 24, 2024, 10:13:32 pm »

Your talking utter shite. What does the fucking data say about Luis's heart, desire, attitude, fight and commitment? Nunez and Salah havent been able to trap a fucking ball in the last month. Diaz has been our best forward by miles since the turn of the year

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4505 on: April 24, 2024, 10:13:54 pm »

I'm not sure this is right. Diaz is part of the problem with our attack - he always looks busy, but does not produce enough.

Offline DarkOfTheManatee

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4506 on: April 24, 2024, 10:14:11 pm »
If he can manage a Suarez-esque step up in finishing ability, he'll be one of the best attackers in the world. Has the passion, the determination and the skill, just needs to translate it into more goals/assists.

Makes it actually more frustrating because none of our attackers are clear-cut losses that we can easily say "they're not good enough". But none are consistent star performers either.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4507 on: April 24, 2024, 10:14:43 pm »
I'm not sure this is right. Diaz is part of the problem with our attack - he always looks busy, but does not produce enough.

Yep, where can we find a player with his energy but better in the final third in terms of passing and scoring?

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4508 on: April 24, 2024, 10:16:31 pm »

He’s always producing lol we would have zero threat in attack if he wasn’t on the pitch. He could be more productive for sure in terms of goals and assists but we have no chemistry without him.

If we took him out of the team you’d see how shit our attack would’ve been over the last few months. That’s not to say he’s irreplaceable. Some things you have to use your eyes to see rather than rely on stats like XG.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4509 on: April 24, 2024, 10:17:20 pm »
Watch football.

To be fair when I watch football Diaz is very good up until the final shot/ pass. Which is what the stats show.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4510 on: April 24, 2024, 10:19:38 pm »

It baffles me that people hate Nunez and can't wait for him to miss a chance so they can get into his thread and slate him yet give Diaz a free pass to run around aimlessly most of the time.

Some of the posters on here are an embarrassment and are the reason a lot of very good posters are binning the site off.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4511 on: April 24, 2024, 10:20:29 pm »
Yep, where can we find a player with his energy but better in the final third in terms of passing and scoring?

I think that's the tough thing isn't it?  His desire and work rate is amazing.  But he isn't quite Sadio at his peak, and it's an unfair comparison (as Sadio is one of the best wingers the club has ever had) in some ways, but that's the level we hope we can see with Diaz - the work rate and desire with more end product.  But obviously that's a lot, and if Nunez/Salah/Gakpo were more productive, his play would be more lauded (less pressure on him to score).  Nevertheless, that's the dream - a player like Diaz with more composure in the final third, but obviously those don't grow on trees, and Diaz is more than good enough for a role in the future team as of now.
King Kenny.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4512 on: April 24, 2024, 10:21:49 pm »
the only player that seemed to care.

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4513 on: April 24, 2024, 10:22:39 pm »
It baffles me that people hate Nunez and can't wait for him to miss a chance so they can get into his thread and slate him yet give Diaz a free pass to run around aimlessly most of the time.

Some of the posters on here are an embarrassment and are the reason a lot of very good posters are binning the site off.

Run around aimlessly? The lad was the only bright spark in this game.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4514 on: April 24, 2024, 10:22:56 pm »
To be fair when I watch football Diaz is very good up until the final shot/ pass. Which is what the stats show.

I agree but he’s been better than both Nunez and Salah these past few weeks regardless of what stats anyone wants to bring up.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #4515 on: April 24, 2024, 10:23:36 pm »
Only forward who gave a shite.

Offline Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4516 on: April 24, 2024, 10:23:55 pm »

I don’t get posts like these, rightly defend Nunez then go to bash Diaz as if they both aren’t Liverpool players?  ;D

The irony..

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4517 on: April 24, 2024, 10:25:01 pm »
It's not his job to score goals and he's not a big money number 9.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4518 on: April 24, 2024, 10:25:25 pm »

Blah blah blah de blah. Diaz got a difficult volley on target and hit the woodwork from outside the box after going past two players. He was doing that all match, dribbling past defenders, making quick one-touch passes.

Nunez's main contributions were to slip over when he got his first chance and to knock the ball right at the keeper when he was clean through. I mean, you love Nunez, fair enough. But don't try and throw cold water on our best player tonight just to defend someone who's done barely anything for weeks.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4519 on: April 24, 2024, 10:26:21 pm »

lol he’s running around aimlessly is he?