Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Get out of our country yer gang of fucking bellends. TORIES OUT!  (Read 1338235 times)

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Why do the Conservative Party hate the UK and it's people so much?
« Reply #21000 on: December 25, 2022, 11:23:49 pm »
Literally the first time he’s spoken to a homeless person in his life. Hadn’t a clue

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21001 on: December 25, 2022, 11:32:33 pm »
Just want these bastards out as soon as possible.

Offline Armchair expert

• Almost makes you agree with Gove
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meet the new boss.....same as the old boss
Re: The Conservative Party. Have actually wrecked the country and everything in it
« Reply #21002 on: December 26, 2022, 03:20:59 pm »
'Sunak asks a homeless man in a homeless shelter whether he "works in business", then proceeds to talk about the financial services industry. Utterly bizarre':-

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1606600685855903744 - a 90 second video from ITV News; Sunak doing a press op thing serving food to people at a foodbank.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21003 on: December 26, 2022, 03:51:40 pm »
^ ^ ^

boss that :)

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Tories. Shambles.
« Reply #21005 on: December 29, 2022, 01:12:57 am »
And many many people will still vote for these Tory animals because some desperate people are crossing the channel in flimsy dinghies and ice cold seas

An investigation by Politico earlier this month claimed that one former Conservative MP asked where the nearest brothel was when he visited a country in south-east Asia, and that a former minister stayed on after official trips to pursue his “interest in women”... MPs were reportedly met by sex workers in their hotel rooms and engaged in raucous drinking while on parliamentary trips abroad

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #21006 on: December 29, 2022, 09:02:43 am »
Shambles …that’s the correct word ….
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21007 on: December 29, 2022, 09:19:23 am »
Omni-shambles.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #21008 on: December 29, 2022, 09:24:15 am »
I too was thinking of a word starting “Sh…
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #21009 on: December 29, 2022, 07:35:22 pm »
Mate of mine, who's dad who is in his 90s had a fall the other day, just taken him 48 hours to get into a ward with proper bed after being admitted to hospital, apparently Arrowe Park is in chaos right now.
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #21010 on: December 30, 2022, 04:53:58 am »
One of the polls has the Tories polling on less than 20% :lmao

Britain Elects
@BritainElects
·
Follow
Westminster voting intention:

LAB: 45% (-1)
CON: 19% (-3)
GRN: 9% (+3)
LDEM: 8% (-)
REF: 8% (-)

via @PeoplePolling, 28 Dec
#Sausages

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21011 on: December 30, 2022, 06:16:37 am »
One of the polls has the Tories polling on less than 20% :lmao

Britain Elects
@BritainElects
·
Follow
Westminster voting intention:

LAB: 45% (-1)
CON: 19% (-3)
GRN: 9% (+3)
LDEM: 8% (-)
REF: 8% (-)

via @PeoplePolling, 28 Dec

They will be wiped out.     It will be amazing,  they are on a scorched earth policy at the moment.    They will do as much damage as they possibly can

Online bakleth

• Kemlynite
« Reply #21012 on: December 30, 2022, 07:22:09 am »
My father who has cancer caught bad flu over christmas, boxing day came back from the shops and found that he was so weezy and weak he couldn't stand. me and my sister thought he was on the way out.
Phoned 111, which took 1hr30m, they wanted to get an ambulence out, took 2-3hrs for them to call only to be told that it would take another few hours as there were no ambulances.

So me and sister struggled to get him to the car and drive to hospital, when there it was 1hr to see a triange, 6hrs to see a doctor and 29hrs for a bed on a ward. 

Point being its breaking at the seams, I don't blame the staff, its down to the complete crap running of the country by the tories, you see it here and it loads of other things.  Since they have been in power nothing has got better, just worse.

If they don't get destroyed and humiliated at the next election anyone who still votes for them deserve everything they get.  I really do despise them and I am starting to think that way about anyone who votes for them as well.  I never used to want to think this way about people, but how anyone could still vote for them just blows my mind.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21013 on: December 30, 2022, 08:07:49 am »
My father who has cancer caught bad flu over christmas, boxing day came back from the shops and found that he was so weezy and weak he couldn't stand. me and my sister thought he was on the way out.
Phoned 111, which took 1hr30m, they wanted to get an ambulence out, took 2-3hrs for them to call only to be told that it would take another few hours as there were no ambulances.

So me and sister struggled to get him to the car and drive to hospital, when there it was 1hr to see a triange, 6hrs to see a doctor and 29hrs for a bed on a ward. 

Point being its breaking at the seams, I don't blame the staff, its down to the complete crap running of the country by the tories, you see it here and it loads of other things.  Since they have been in power nothing has got better, just worse.

If they don't get destroyed and humiliated at the next election anyone who still votes for them deserve everything they get.  I really do despise them and I am starting to think that way about anyone who votes for them as well.  I never used to want to think this way about people, but how anyone could still vote for them just blows my mind.

Traditionally the Tories were known as a ‘low tax’ party, ie less revenue diluted funding available for essential services.  They can’t even hide behind that one any longer.

https://www.politics.co.uk/news/2022/11/17/hunt-increases-tax-burden-rises-to-the-highest-level-since-world-war-ii/

So crap services but paying high tax anyway.  A reasonable question to ask is where is all the money going because it doesn’t appear to be going directly into service provision.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #21014 on: December 30, 2022, 08:17:00 am »
I never used to want to think this way about people, but how anyone could still vote for them just blows my mind.

I was just too young to remember the Thatcher/Major years (turned 16 in '97) but I do remember people joking in the aftermath that you couldn't find anyone who admitted to ever voting Tory and giving them those majorities.

Bit more obvious this time, you'll only need to check if they've ever been social media cheerleaders for Brexit or Boris etc.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #21015 on: December 30, 2022, 09:44:32 am »
I was just too young to remember the Thatcher/Major years (turned 16 in '97) but I do remember people joking in the aftermath that you couldn't find anyone who admitted to ever voting Tory and giving them those majorities.

Bit more obvious this time, you'll only need to check if they've ever been social media cheerleaders for Brexit or Boris etc.

Luckily I have long since culled everyone. You are spot on; Anyone going on about Brexit or refugees or the Tories are people you really don't want to associate with and I've been happier since they have gone.

When I went on holiday, I'd discuss stuff with people having opposing views, but they all parrot the same things now - there is no variety of thought - they seem to just have it drip fed and parrot whatever the current 'outrage' is.

Always reminds me of that scene in 1984 by George Orwell (The two minutes hate) which is far too long to post here. But to sum up, there is an 'enemy' for all to have - Goldstein - which whips all the party members up to a crescendo of white-hot anger - they are all united in hate and they are all united in love for 'Big Brother' and the state that keeps them captive.

There is another scene where Orwell talks about the Proles and giving them such things as ale and football to keep them blind and helpless.

You can also see evidence of 'double-speak' by Conservative and Brexit politicians. Their insidious drip-drip-drip of false and conflicting information and the mindless repeating of it looks a bit like what you'd think 'double-think' would look like.

Happily, we still live in a world where different views can still be found and Orwell's nightmare scenario hopefully can't ever really be fully realised (Well in the UK anyway - North Korea, China and some other areas might be examples where this might still be happening today)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #21016 on: December 30, 2022, 09:47:50 am »
I was entering the job market at the end of the thatcher years. It felt like the economy was doing well and there was plenty of money about. At that age though you don't generally think about or notice what the NHS is like, or education or policing.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21017 on: December 30, 2022, 11:42:10 am »
Sad news….

It seems millennials are not following the trend of becoming conservative as they get older…

Although, I suspect that the numbers are on the verge of going up, there’s such a long way to go that they won’t make it (and there’s a good chance it won’t go up either)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21018 on: December 30, 2022, 11:46:19 am »
Sad news….

It seems millennials are not following the trend of becoming conservative as they get older…

Although, I suspect that the numbers are on the verge of going up, there’s such a long way to go that they won’t make it (and there’s a good chance it won’t go up either)

I've made this point before but I think the causation is more likely to be asset wealth rather than age. As in previous generations have started accumulating assets like property and savings at millenial age and as a result started becoming more conservative.

Millenials are far less likely to own property than previous generations at the same age, or stuck in zero hour contract jobs without pensions etc.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21019 on: December 30, 2022, 11:52:45 am »
I've made this point before but I think the causation is more likely to be asset wealth rather than age. As in previous generations have started accumulating assets like property and savings at millenial age and as a result started becoming more conservative.

Millenials are far less likely to own property than previous generations at the same age, or stuck in zero hour contract jobs without pensions etc.
yes, I suspect you are 100% correct here….
W

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21020 on: December 30, 2022, 11:53:26 am »
Sad news….

As Elmo says, I suspect the underlying driver here is asset wealth.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21021 on: December 30, 2022, 11:57:44 am »

Wonder what role the general shift to the right has made. Maybe millenials only seem left-leaning because the average has shifted right. They are maybe still to the right of the left-leaning older generations.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21022 on: December 30, 2022, 12:08:55 pm »
Who are millennials and gen x?

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21023 on: December 30, 2022, 12:16:12 pm »
Who are millennials and gen x?

Generation X, a term typically used to describe the generation of Americans born between 1965 and 1980, although some sources used slightly different ranges. It has sometimes been called the “middle child” generation, as it follows the well-known baby boomer generation and precedes the millennial generation. It has fewer members than either of those groups, which is one of the reasons that Generation X is considered to be forgotten or overlooked when the generations are discussed.

Members of Generation X, or Gen Xers, grew up in a time when there were more dual-income families, single-parent households, and children of divorce than when boomers were growing up. Consequently, many Gen Xers were latchkey kids, spending part of the day without adult supervision, as when they got home from school while their parents were still away at work. Gen Xers were the first generation to grow up with personal computers to some extent, thus becoming tech-savvy. They also experienced shaky economic times as children and young adults in the 1980s and ’90s. Gen Xers are typically described as being resourceful, independent, and keen on maintaining work-life balance. They tend to be more liberal on social issues and more ethnically diverse than boomers. Gen Xers were sometimes described as slackers or whiners, particularly in the 1990s, although those descriptions have been contested.

The use of the term “Generation X” to describe this generational cohort was popularized by Douglas Coupland, a Canadian journalist and novelist. An article that he wrote in 1987 for Vancouver Magazine used the term. He later said that he had taken it from a book—Class: A Guide Through the American Status System (1983) by Paul Fussell—that used “X” to refer to a group of people who did not wish to concern themselves with societal pressures, money, and status. The term was further popularized by Coupland’s 1991 novel, Generation X: Tales for an Accelerated Culture.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Generation-X

Millennials, also known as Generation Y or Gen Y, are the Western demographic cohort following Generation X and preceding Generation Z. Researchers and popular media use the early 1980s as starting birth years and the mid-1990s to early 2000s as ending birth years, with the generation typically being defined as people born from 1981 to 1996.[1] Most millennials are the children of baby boomers and older Generation X;[2] millennials are often the parents of Generation Alpha.[3]

Across the globe, young people have postponed marriage.[4] Millennials were born at a time of declining fertility rates around the world,[5] and are having fewer children than their predecessors.[6][7][8][9] Those in developing nations will continue to constitute the bulk of global population growth.[10] In the developed world, young people of the 2010s were less inclined to have sexual intercourse compared to their predecessors when they were at the same age.[11] In the West, they are less likely to be religious than their predecessors, but they may identify as spiritual.[12][5]

Millennials have been described as the first global generation and the first generation that grew up in the Internet age.[13] The generation is generally marked by elevated usage of and familiarity with the Internet, mobile devices, and social media,[14] which is why they are sometimes termed digital natives.[15] Between the 1990s and the 2010s, people from the developing world became increasingly well educated, a factor that boosted economic growth in these countries.[16] Millennials across the world have suffered significant economic disruption since starting their working lives; many faced high levels of youth unemployment during their early years in the labour market in the wake of the Great Recession, and suffered another recession in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.[17][18]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 12:18:01 pm by Red-Soldier »

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21024 on: December 30, 2022, 12:29:16 pm »
^^

Thanks mate.

So I'm an 'older gen x' and my kids are millennials.

Strange as I always thought my kids were gen x and grandkids the millennials and I was a nothing as we didn't have that crap when we grew up 😂😂

No surprise it's an American thing though, they seem to love labels.

Is this a similar thing to the alphetical demographics thing they use for disposable incomes?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21025 on: December 30, 2022, 12:31:21 pm »
In the early 90s, generation x were described as ‘generation extremely fucking stupid’….

The young are always derided!
W

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21026 on: December 30, 2022, 12:39:40 pm »

I just don't get how they can. I'm 56 now, grew up poor, now we own our own house, work in IT and haulage, 3 holidays a year, but I still will never ever vote Tory, as I will never forget that they spend their time screwing over the majority of the people. They didn't help me get where I am, Thatcher was destroying the UK when I was 15/16, I couldn't get the apprenticeship I wanted due to her cuts, I luckily got taken on by the Corpy, I'll never forget that.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #21027 on: December 30, 2022, 12:40:51 pm »

sorry to hear this, had a similar experience with my father in law a couple of weeks ago and now my Mam who's in hospital, although only had a 15 minute wait for 111. Didn't bother with the ambulance, took her straight to A&E.

Fortunately, in a way, she was CoVid positive on admission so they processed her quickly as her heart rate was rapid due to the infection so she was spared all of the triage and waiting around but my bro and I did spend about 30 minutes in the waiting room which was full to bursting with people of all ages, some elderly and in wheelchairs. Fortunately Mam is on the mend now but still in hospital.

Whilst there we counted at least 15 ambulances parked up outside with patients in the back, unable to unload them. The hospitals are woefully understaffed and it will get worse this year.

These fuckers need removing one way or another. I fucking hate them and everyone who enabled them, they are all wankers
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #21028 on: December 30, 2022, 12:46:32 pm »
I just don't get how they can. I'm 56 now, grew up poor, now we own our own house, work in IT and haulage, 3 holidays a year, but I still will never ever vote Tory, as I will never forget that they spend their time screwing over the majority of the people. They didn't help me get where I am, Thatcher was destroying the UK when I was 15/16, I couldn't get the apprenticeship I wanted due to her cuts, I luckily got taken on by the Corpy, I'll never forget that.
Thatcher pretty much did away with apprenticeships, brought in the YTS scheme, paying kids £29.50 per week, also kids were forced to do it from the late 1980s as 16/17 year olds were not allowed to claim Supplementary Benefit so it was either YTS or no money!

Some YTS schemes led to jobs at the end but many would just keep them for two years and then get another once their time was up.

Tories are Tories, they will never change, anyone who has voted for them or even considered voting for them should be thoroughly ashamed but they probably don't give a fuck as they are Tories

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21029 on: December 30, 2022, 12:56:31 pm »
I always doubted the theory that people would naturally vote Tory the older they got. Its key to remember that there was a time that voting Tory was seen quite popular in younger people, probably around the Thatcher 'Yuppy' era.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #21030 on: December 30, 2022, 02:07:13 pm »
I always doubted the theory that people would naturally vote Tory the older they got. Its key to remember that there was a time that voting Tory was seen quite popular in younger people, probably around the Thatcher 'Yuppy' era.

Yeah me too.

I've definately headed further 'left' as I got older.

Most of that is due to the unfairness of the current UK and the absolute lack of anything regarding compassion or decency from the Conservative Party and it's voters.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #21031 on: December 30, 2022, 02:35:18 pm »
This is very Tory from the BBC :  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64116796

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21032 on: December 30, 2022, 07:47:32 pm »
Another aspect that I think will be stopping younger generations turning Tory is that they have been much more exposed to diversity than those that are older. Generally I think that makes them (including myself) much more positive toward immigration and associated factors.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 07:50:11 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #21033 on: December 30, 2022, 11:17:31 pm »

Why is it ‘very Tory’?

All previous government’s papers are released and trawled through. Surely transparency isn’t a bad thing?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21034 on: December 31, 2022, 04:41:02 am »
Had to take my child to the hospital yesterday to be told I had a 11 hour wait to see a doctor. Reckon I would have seen a Doctor quicker but you do get taken aback when you get told that. Thankfully then I phoned The GP and they organised an appointment rapidly.

Whilst in the queue I was speaking to a mum who was in her early 40’s and she said that back in the late 90’s her, her brother and her mum and dad had visited India and when they returned all became unwell with heavy bouts of coughs and temperature. They basically all went to the hospital and the NHS kept all four of them in overnight.

Its pretty much amazing how much capacity there was and how much these Tory scum have fucked the NHS ever since. I would absolutely love to see a grim ending for George Osbourne and David Cameron. Them two are the absolute root of this problem.

I rarely agree with Peter Hitchens but about the nurses pay he said on Question Time that the state of the NHS and a few other things (i.e. Brexit) just highlight as to how he has to go down as our worst PM.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 04:43:04 am by killer-heels »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21035 on: December 31, 2022, 07:12:52 am »

Latest Tory u-turn now at the top of its online news (well after new years honours story)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64130655

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #21036 on: December 31, 2022, 07:41:59 am »
Why is it ‘very Tory’?

All previous government’s papers are released and trawled through. Surely transparency isn’t a bad thing?
Highlighting what a war mongerer Tony was? 😃

@kh congrats on the child .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #21037 on: December 31, 2022, 09:06:29 am »
Why is it ‘very Tory’?

Well I'd say that if the BBC was run by a board of Tories and the Conservative Party were doing very badly then bringing something up about Russia and Putin now (21 years after it happened) looks to me like an effort to have a go at Labour and help the Tories.

For balance, they could mention the Russian report and the Current and past recent Tory leaders and MPs, but I suspect that for 'some reason' they won't.

(This one - https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/russia-report-explained-boris-johnson_uk_5f101b9ec5b6d14c33634b8d - did that ever get released?)

Online Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #21038 on: December 31, 2022, 02:34:46 pm »
Well I'd say that if the BBC was run by a board of Tories and the Conservative Party were doing very badly then bringing something up about Russia and Putin now (21 years after it happened) looks to me like an effort to have a go at Labour and help the Tories.

For balance, they could mention the Russian report and the Current and past recent Tory leaders and MPs, but I suspect that for 'some reason' they won't.

(This one - https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/russia-report-explained-boris-johnson_uk_5f101b9ec5b6d14c33634b8d - did that ever get released?)

not sure what was actually wrong in working closer with Putin back then anyway. Had he been kept close instead of alienating him he might not have gone rogue.

This country is crying out for a PM with the vision of Tony Blair

Edit - forgot all about that Russian report, was it ever released?

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #21039 on: December 31, 2022, 04:17:35 pm »
I've tried to stay away from UK politics over Christmas, but seen this linked around the place today, from last week. Maybe it was posted in here and I missed it, but it's an incredible piece from Mordaunt imagining the horrors of Labour being in power since 2015:

https://conservativehome.com/2022/12/23/penny-mordaunt-britain-would-have-paid-a-high-price-for-choosing-chaos-with-ed-miliband/

The whole piece is nonsense, basically saying that nothing the Tories have "achieved" would have happened (because I guess mirror-universe Milliband just sat twiddling his thumbs for 7 years), but it has the raging audacity to end with:

"The point I am making is that every time the Conservatives have come to power our nation is improved. Every time Labour come to power the nation declines. There may have been other things we could have done, but our record is solid. We should remember that."

The comments surprised me given it's on ConservativeHome, as they seem to be calling her out for chatting crap. I don't know if site membership is vetted though.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?