Author Topic: All Time PL Draft - With a Twist! (Discussion Thread & Sign up)  (Read 25330 times)

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: All Time PL Draft - With a Twist! (Discussion Thread & Sign up)
« Reply #760 on: December 9, 2021, 01:35:11 pm »
I needed him badly. He is a perfect Left Wingback for my system.

You don't even know how desperate my backup options were.
you're lucky I plumped for Finnan as my Fulham pick

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #761 on: December 9, 2021, 01:35:59 pm »
Who's doing the vote threads?
I guess we can always ask Elzar, he's always game for that even if he's not participating in the actual draft. He's the real philanthropist.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #762 on: December 9, 2021, 01:37:05 pm »
Fitting that Lman picked the Irish Aurelio, good player.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #763 on: December 9, 2021, 01:39:00 pm »
I needed him badly. He is a perfect Left Wingback for my system.

You don't even know how desperate my backup options were.

I’m only messing mate and I feel ya! ;D

I’ve enjoyed the challenge of the route we’ve been going down! Only a couple of us left now though lol
JFT97

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #764 on: December 9, 2021, 01:39:02 pm »
Alisson

Dixon Vidic van Dijk LB

Jorginho Barry

Kanchelskis Lampard Tevez

L Ferdinand

Rather happy with it, not sure if all these players will have the recognition they deserve but with a defence like this + Jorginho and Lampard involved I'm sure it can go toe to toe with any other team in the draft. Especially considering I have three goal threats up front. The problem I think is that I have five players either playing for the Mancs or Roman's Chelsea so that's a concern for the vote ;D
Linudden.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #765 on: December 9, 2021, 01:43:38 pm »
Alisson

Dixon Vidic van Dijk LB

Jorginho Barry

Kanchelskis Lampard Tevez

L Ferdinand

Rather happy with it, not sure if all these players will have the recognition they deserve but with a defence like this + Jorginho and Lampard involved I'm sure it can go toe to toe with any other team in the draft. Especially considering I have three goal threats up front. The problem I think is that I have five players either playing for the Mancs or Roman's Chelsea so that's a concern for the vote ;D

You probably have the best defence in the draft. The attack is good too.

But I think Jorginho + Barry midfield is a bit lacking in mobility and ball-winning department. I think someone like Ramires rather than Jorginho would have complimented Barry more.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #766 on: December 9, 2021, 01:47:28 pm »
I contemplated Riise at Fulham but felt a bit of a piss take in the imaginary ‘don’t take the piss’ scale. :D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #767 on: December 9, 2021, 01:48:28 pm »
I have very much just taken the piss then.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #768 on: December 9, 2021, 01:48:39 pm »
I might still throw a hail mary and play Gazza Bazza at left back since that's where he started his career. I still remember him winning a penalty at Anfield in 2003 as a left wing back. The game ended 1-1 after they equalized from the spot. Ultimately that probably would've been his best position considering his stamina and left foot for crossing. Will need to consult a physician about it :wave

I don't really like what I'm seeing after Riise and Harte got snagged and I can't go for Winterburn now (Dixon was better anyway).
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 01:50:56 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: December 9, 2021, 01:51:05 pm »
Gareth Barry was at his best as a left back, then as a proper box to box midfielder for Villa.

He got his first England call ups based on being a left back, he’s just not as presently recognisable there.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #770 on: December 9, 2021, 01:51:20 pm »
I might still throw a hail mary and play Gazza Bazza at left back since that's where he started his career. I still remember him winning a penalty at Anfield in 2003 as a left wing back. The game ended 1-1 after they equalized from the spot. Ultimately that probably would've been his best position considering his stamina and left foot for crossing. Will need to consult a physician about it :wave

Some as good as Carrick, shoe horned in as a full back?!

DS has a point to be fair. Think he started out aged 17 as a centre back at Villa in a back three which is pretty impressive.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: December 9, 2021, 01:55:32 pm »
I contemplated Riise at Fulham but felt a bit of a piss take in the imaginary ‘don’t take the piss’ scale. :D

I have been holding my piss the whole draft. Nothing but legit picks. But sometimes you have to take the piss, its good for your bladder and kidneys and such.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #772 on: December 9, 2021, 01:56:54 pm »
I have very much just taken the piss then.

Wait til Elmo finds out he only played 9 PL games at Bolton :lmao
JFT97

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #773 on: December 9, 2021, 01:57:04 pm »
Some as good as Carrick, shoe horned in as a full back?!

DS has a point to be fair. Think he started out aged 17 as a centre back at Villa in a back three which is pretty impressive.

Since when is being able to play left back an insult? ;D He was a really good one there until they moved into the middle. I think Carrick would've done fine at right back and might have been an England started in that position but never got to play there. He had all the skills for that particular job, however. The differences in what you do between a full back and a deep-lying playmaker/ball winner are actually rather small. Just look at Lahm and Alaba.
Linudden.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #774 on: December 9, 2021, 01:58:50 pm »
Since when is being able to play left back an insult? ;D He was a really good one there until they moved into the middle. I think Carrick would've done fine at right back and might have been an England started in that position but never got to play there. He had all the skills for that particular job, however. The differences in what you do between a full back and a deep-lying playmaker/ball winner are actually rather small. Just look at Lahm and Alaba.

Carrick definitely didn’t. I’m not knocking Barry at LB, I had forgotten he started out there in his earlier days.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #775 on: December 9, 2021, 02:06:20 pm »
Carrick definitely didn’t. I’m not knocking Barry at LB, I had forgotten he started out there in his earlier days.

He got way too tied to the idea of himself as a CM. I read an interview with him researching his left back credentials that one of the reasons he got cold feet on the Liverpool move was that Rafa spoke highly of his ability as a left back and wanted none of the risk of being put there again.

If Rafa had been able to keep Xabi for that season and Gazza Bazza being left back instead of Insúa that might actually have made those extra five points possible. Who knows? The left back stuck out like a sore thumb in that team the 80 % of any given year Aurélio was on rehab. At least that probably would've meant no Dossena and then there might have been a chance to have both Alonso and Barry at once.
Linudden.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: December 9, 2021, 02:09:31 pm »
::) a truly dispicable human being. Marcus Alonso too!! :P

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #777 on: December 9, 2021, 02:10:12 pm »
::) a truly dispicable human being. Marcus Alonso too!! :P

:D

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: December 9, 2021, 02:11:03 pm »
I checked, 35 PL starts  ;D

Finished off my picks with a world class keeper but my team may be somewhat incoherent. I’m glad I got Fab, because there’s gonna be a lot of defensive work needed from the deep midfielder.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #779 on: December 9, 2021, 02:13:13 pm »

Finished off my picks with a world class keeper but my team may be somewhat incoherent. I’m glad I got Fab, because there’s gonna be a lot of defensive work needed from the deep midfielder.

26 of those Bolton appearances were in the Championship ;D
JFT97

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #780 on: December 9, 2021, 02:13:19 pm »

26 Coca Cola starts you mean? ;D
Linudden.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #781 on: December 9, 2021, 02:19:44 pm »
Picks:

Players:

Lastrador Salah, Hazard, Stam, van Persie, McAllister, B Silva, Vertonghen, Berg, Bridge, Hamann, Friedel

Drinks Sangria Henry, Fabinho, Rio Ferdinand, King, Lukaku, Zabaleta, Payet, Mata, Lallana, M. Alonso, Reina

Lawnmowerman Suárez, Cantona, McGrath, Gilberto, Robben, Tugay, Sané, Finnan, Albert, Harte, Lloris

Max_Powers Shearer, Vardy, Woodgate, Okocha, Fernindinho, Kyle Walker, Hyypiä, Ballack, Adams, Riise, P. Schmeichel

Hazell Modric, Yaya Touré, Rooney, Henderson, Ginola, Baines, Kolo Touré, Rüdiger, G. Kelly, Shaqiri, David James

Big Dick Nick Agüero, Fàbregas, Mascherano, Desailly, Kewell, Duff, G. Johnson, Carrick, Chilwell, Jääskeläinen

vivabobbygraham Gerrard, Drogba, Pirès, Kompany, Grealish, T. Cahill, Pearce, Waddle, Trippier, Pallister

Linudden van Dijk, Lampard, Vidic, Tevez, Barry, Les Ferdinand, Alisson, Jorginho, Kanchelskis, Dixon

Tubby Kanté, Xabi Alonso, Zola, Campbell, Petrescu, Van Nistelrooy, Le Saux, A. Sánchez, Bellamy, Laporte

Sheer Magnetism Vieira, Kane, Terry, Beardsley, Alderweireld, Beckham, Coutinho, Ince, Cancelo, Martyn

XabiArt Roy Keane, Ronaldo, Carvalho, Ashely Cole, Eriksen, Speed, Torres, R. Dias, Carr, K. Schmeichel

Adz LFC Fowler, De Bruyne, Son, Ljunberg, Radebe, Irwin, Diop, Cech, Hendry, Ndidi

Fucking Appalled Bergkamp, Mané, Sterling, Essien, Milner, Robertson, Jota, Carragher, Henchoz, R. Pereira

JordanTre Bale, Mahrez

Sarge Makelélé, David Silva, Scholes, Andy Cole, Alexander-Arnold, Overmars, Staunton, van der Sar, Des Walker, Hasselbaink

Philanthropist  Le Tissier, Juninho

Teams:

Lastrador Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Leeds, Man City, Tottenham, Blackburn, Southampton, Newcastle, Aston Villa

Drinks Sangria Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United, Tottenham, Everton, Man City, West Ham, Chelsea, Southampton, Bolton, Aston Villa

Lawnmowerman Liverpool, Man United, Aston Villa, Arsenal, Chelsea, Blackburn, Man City, Fulham, Newcastle, Leeds, Tottenham

Max_Powers Blackburn, Leicester, Leeds, Bolton, Man City, Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Fulham, Man United

Hazell Tottenham, Man City, Man United, Liverpool, Newcastle, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds, Stoke, Portsmouth

Big Dick Nick Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds, Blackburn, Portsmouth, Man United, Leicester, Bolton

vivabobbygraham Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Aston Villa, Everton, Nottm Forest, Sheff Wed, Tottenham, Man United

Linudden Southampton, West Ham, Man United, Man City, Aston Villa, QPR, Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton, Arsenal

Tubby Leicester, Liverpool, Chelsea, Portsmouth, Sheff Wed, Man United, Blackburn, Arsenal, Newcastle, Man City

Sheer Magnetism Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Newcastle, Southampton, Man United, Liverpool, Middlesbrough, Man City, Crystal Palace

XabiArt Nottm Forest, Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham, Everton, Liverpool, Man City, Newcastle, Leicester

Adz LFC Liverpool, Man City, Tottenham, Arsenal, Leeds, Man United, Fulham, Chelsea, Blackburn, Leicester

Fucking Appalled Arsenal, Southampton, Man City, Chelsea, Aston Villa, Hull, Wolverhampton, Liverpool, Blackburn, Leicester

JordanTre Tottenham, Leicester

Sarge Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Newcastle, Liverpool, Arsenal, Aston Villa, Fulham, Sheff Wed, Leeds

Philanthropist Southampton, Middlesbrough
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 06:48:00 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #782 on: December 9, 2021, 02:20:23 pm »
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 03:46:51 pm by Lastrador »

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #783 on: December 9, 2021, 03:15:41 pm »
You've drafted Mata for Chelsea, Sangria, so can't select Courtois I'm afraid :-[
Linudden.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: December 9, 2021, 03:20:41 pm »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: December 9, 2021, 04:48:36 pm »
Sorry was in a meeting. I'll pick later on once I've decided who the last worst keeper left is.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #787 on: December 9, 2021, 05:22:40 pm »
Got one player to pick. Attacking mid/winger

Unless I go classic prem 442 and play

Ronaldo Keane Eriksen Speed

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: December 9, 2021, 05:25:01 pm »
You've drafted Mata for Chelsea, Sangria, so can't select Courtois I'm afraid :-[
Oh shit, so I have.

Just give me Pepe Reina, Aston Villa.

Changed it to my second cheesy pick. If anyone has a problem with Marcos Alonso at Bolton, I can change it to Sunderland where he did have around 15 - 20 appearances, or I can sit here and do nothing, as he represented Bolton in the PL but won't be judged on that spell.

Or will he?

My team is weak anyway, I look forward to the wives carrying me through two rounds before I get my rightful comeuppance.
« Last Edit: December 9, 2021, 05:28:38 pm by Drinks Sangria »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: December 9, 2021, 05:29:57 pm »
Got one player to pick. Attacking mid/winger

Unless I go classic prem 442 and play

Ronaldo Keane Eriksen Speed
Diamond if you're going to do that, Keane holding, Eriksen an 8/10. Eriksen would get shredded in a two in my opinion, I'd draft another midfielder.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #790 on: December 9, 2021, 05:49:46 pm »
Just a CB left for me to pick. Will be delighted with my team when i get him.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: December 9, 2021, 06:00:46 pm »
https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/61b243a4d998900ebe446a4a

Once more, I am asking for assistance in making the above. I like my front three and in all honesty that's about it. Not too sure about Lallana as a pivot but it was too late before I realised I'd picked too many strikers for my initially intended 4-2-3-1.

As it is, I repurposed Payet a touch higher up the pitch and put Henry into the role he actually operated on the pitch, as opposed to where he started on paper.

The defence is actually decent but Ferdinand aside lacks star names. The midfield three has Fab as an incredible anchor but the other two aren't exactly going to help him out massively. This is a you-score-5-we'll-score-6 team.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #792 on: December 9, 2021, 06:02:34 pm »
Sangria's team:

« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 05:34:27 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #793 on: December 9, 2021, 06:03:27 pm »
Reina the Villa legend. :D

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #794 on: December 9, 2021, 06:04:44 pm »
Reina the Villa legend. :D

You can pick now mate!

Also no club names in brackets means our man Adz will be 'suspicious' ;D
Linudden.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #795 on: December 9, 2021, 06:06:37 pm »
You can pick now mate!

Also no club names in brackets means our man Adz will be 'suspicious' ;D

Which club was Anton Ferdinand selected for?
JFT97

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #796 on: December 9, 2021, 06:10:25 pm »
I'm last to go but will be out until about 8 or so, everyone i think knows the CB i want anyway  ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Linudden

• Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #797 on: December 9, 2021, 06:11:57 pm »
I'm last to go but will be out until about 8 or so, everyone i think knows the CB i want anyway  ;D

Do you want me to pick Harry boy for you in the meantime? ;D
Linudden.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #798 on: December 9, 2021, 06:13:50 pm »
Do you want me to pick Harry boy for you in the meantime? ;D

;D

No!!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #799 on: December 9, 2021, 06:26:20 pm »
Just for the record - I would have been all in on shithouse moves like Fowler at Blackburn (I didn’t even remember that myself!) but once Lastrador had? to change Salah from Chelsea to Liverpool the game changed imo. What’s done is done now though anyway and like I said earlier I’ve enjoyed the challenge of sticking to this route myself. I do think it would be better if teams were posted with clubs next to them and then everyone could judge for themselves if a pick was a pisstake, but as Linudden would say - y’all got a free choice to do what y’all want ;D
JFT97