Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 590889 times)

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
No disrespect to Gakpo, but the difference between having one of Diaz, Jota, or Nunez come off the bench would be massive if we need a goal or to put a game to bed.

This aged well.  ;)

I hear you though, sooner we get Jota back the better it will be for all of us.
We are Liverpool!

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
So glad to see Jones back! Hopefully the rest of Alison, Jota and TAA would be back soon!
Believer

Online Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
I must have missed it - what's the word on Endo's injury?  Is it  serious, or just being cautious resting him tonight?

I reckon it was one of those "He's two yellow cards away from a two game ban and the cut off is in 3 games time so we're going to rest him for a game he isn't needed for" type injuries.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
How far off is trent?

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
How far off is trent?

Parts of team training next week I think. Could imagine the second leg vs Atlanta the week after might be a realistic return game for him.

Offline Heritage

• Main Stander
  • Boot Room Fanatic
Anyone have any resources to closely monitor injury & training status for players? Is there a website or some dude on twitter or anything like that
🔥97🔥

🏆 x 42

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
How far off is trent?

I think probably 10 days or 2 weeks until you see him in the bench.

Maybe  closer to the end of the month before he’s starting games regularly though. Think last 3-4 league games and Europa semis (if we get through) are likely to be what Trent and Jota are targeting to be fully fit for.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen

Maybe  closer to the end of the month before he’s starting games regularly though. Think last 3-4 league games and Europa semis (if we get through) are likely to be what Trent and Jota are targeting to be fully fit for.

Depends on what training they are involved in this week.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red

We might have to gamble on their fitness and bring them in a week or two early…we need 7 wins from 7 in the league don’t think we can now afford to wait until the end of the month especially with Jota as Salah and Nunez are both off form.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
We might have to gamble on their fitness and bring them in a week or two early…we need 7 wins from 7 in the league don’t think we can now afford to wait until the end of the month especially with Jota as Salah and Nunez are both off form.

We wont gamble any of their fitness. Its unlikely that Jota, Alisson or Trent play much of a significant role in the run in now.

Offline Heritage

• Main Stander
  • Boot Room Fanatic
From what I can tell we will be very lucky to have any of Konate (this one's iffy, he should be fully fit before the others), Ali, Trent, Jota in the starting XI before the West Ham game
🔥97🔥

🏆 x 42

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Konate is already fit, no? I did wonder whether there was any significance to the fact he was selected for a night game (Sheff U) and left out of an afternoon game (MU) during Ramadan. Eid starts Tuesday night so this is one less thing to worry about from now on.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
We need Jota back so badly, his finishing is what we have been missing lately.
Believer

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
How far off are we from having Diogo back?

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
How far off are we from having Diogo back?

Three weeks at the very earliest.
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
Three weeks at the very earliest.
Where are you getting 3 weeks from?
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
Where are you getting 3 weeks from?

Nowhere. Jota, Alisson and Trent are expected to join team training this week. We're not going to hold them back an additional two weeks. They'll likely start getting minutes by the weekend if they remain on track.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Nowhere. Jota, Alisson and Trent are expected to join team training this week. We're not going to hold them back an additional two weeks. They'll likely start getting minutes by the weekend if they remain on track.

We should know more Wednesday.

We will need them for the run of 4 aways staying with Atalanta. I think it’s five if we make EL semi final.
« Last Edit: April 8, 2024, 10:16:51 am by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Whatever happened to that Brazilian lad who used to play in goal?....he was good him
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Jota and Trent hopefully in team training this week, meaning they could be involved at on Thursday but more likely the weekend. Alisson maybe the weekend or if not next week. Thiago ins 2027. Is that about right ?

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Whatever happened to that Brazilian lad who used to play in goal?....he was good him

You're thinking that keeper Doni we had on the books for a bit back in 2012ish. 

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
Jota and Trent hopefully in team training this week, meaning they could be involved at on Thursday but more likely the weekend. Alisson maybe the weekend or if not next week. Thiago ins 2027. Is that about right ?

Klopp said parts of team training this week, not full team training. I reckon if we're being realistic they could potentially be on the bench for the 2nd leg against Atalanta on the 18th, if not, they will most certainly be on the bench against Fulham on the 21st. I think expecting them to be back for the Palace game this weekend is unrealistic.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
You're thinking that keeper Doni we had on the books for a bit back in 2012ish. 

I think he means Pitaluga. Out on loan in the Irish league.

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was anything mentioned about Konate not playing in the game against United?

If he was fit and we elected to play Quansah regardless, that's a pretty mad decision to play your stronger defender at home against Sheff United and your weaker one away against Man Utd.

If the twisted knee against Sheffield United was giving Konate some trouble then fair enough but if not, it was a strange decision.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Was anything mentioned about Konate not playing in the game against United?

If he was fit and we elected to play Quansah regardless, that's a pretty mad decision to play your stronger defender at home against Sheff United and your weaker one away against Man Utd.

If the twisted knee against Sheffield United was giving Konate some trouble then fair enough but if not, it was a strange decision.

Didn't train all week.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

“Ibou was an extra rest day [on Thursday], nothing else."

Suggests he wasn't particularly in bad shape.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
see note below.

Just going by what the Boss said before K-off.

Also, that post you .adam quoted was from the 29th  ;D
« Last Edit: April 8, 2024, 04:20:22 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just going by what the Boss said before K-off.

Also, that post you quoted was from the 29th  ;D
oh good point!!

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
Suggests he wasn't particularly in bad shape.

No but may not have been Klopps call if advised not to start him.

Missing one game is better than getting a knock and missing 6-7.

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
No but may not have been Klopps call if advised not to start him.

Missing one game is better than getting a knock and missing 6-7.

Exactly. People seem to think it is all down to Klopp. If It was up to Klopp he would probably love to play Konate more often than he does. The reality is we use sport science to help inform our decision making, therefore, if the data is showing it's not advisable to start Konate, who are we to question why he started on the bench?
« Last Edit: April 8, 2024, 05:13:59 pm by HardworkDedication »

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
The 'big guns' are probably coming back a few games too late to keep the league in our own hands, we can of course still win it, but i think we have an extra 4 points if they had all been fit

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Exactly. People seem to think it is all down to Klopp. If It was up to Klopp he would probably love to play Konate more often than he does. The reality is we use sport science to help inform our decision making, therefore, if the data is showing it's not advisable to start Konate, who are we to question why he started on the bench?

You're all commenting on a quote from before the Brighton game.

• Legacy Fan
You're all commenting on a quote from before the Brighton game.

I'm not commenting on any quote.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
This is what Klopp said before Sheffield United.

"Curtis Jones is in training, is in contention," Klopp said. "Yes, that is it pretty much. The boys are doing well, Diogo and Trent are together in a group but it just looks like next week hopefully in parts of team training. No Alisson, he looks good but in his mind as well, next week he will be part of team training."

If its part of team training this week, then its unlikely they play against Palace or are on the bench. Maybe they make the bench against Fulham. But thats it and then we have Everton and West Ham that week, not much time for them to start and be influential.

Ultimately their influence may tell from Spurs. So only the final three league games.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Trent, Jota, Bajcetic doing some team training. Alisson tying his shoes
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1777694201758859668?t=84kVRTI6Lt2fGTQEMmYKOg&s=19

Offline F.O.A.R.

• Boys Pen
Trent, Jota, Bajcetic doing some team training. Alisson tying his shoes
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1777694201758859668?t=84kVRTI6Lt2fGTQEMmYKOg&s=19

Last part of the clip, Ali is kicking the ball in a team session, I think

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Avengers assemble...

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Will be a massive boost if we can have them all back for the Fulham, Everton and West Ham week.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT