Author Topic: Champions League - Europa League/Conference Match Day 1  (Read 23297 times)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Champions League - Europa League/Conference Match Day 1
« Reply #560 on: September 16, 2021, 10:05:21 pm »
I always kind of enjoy when smaller teams get into Europe and find out how picky the refs can be. God forbid, could you imagine if Burnley managed to get into Europe, they'd have no players left after 20 mins.

Not sure what Brendan's issue is with Europe, can't quite seem to crack it yet. Hopefully he gets there in the end.

A draw against Napoli is not a bad result.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #561 on: September 16, 2021, 10:05:46 pm »
Booing your team off the pitch on a European night against a decent Italian side.... Meh. Leicester fans need to wise up. A point each was fair result all round.

Well done to the Napoli fans who showed up to support. Not easy in these times. Fair play to their players as well; they didn't disappoint.

Pretty poor from the fans when Leicester played their heart out.

If only Ashley Barnes weren’t so injury prone, i would have like us to go for him.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #562 on: September 16, 2021, 10:08:08 pm »
You’ve shifted those goal posts.

And you're being too picky on the post for the sake of it. You even included Awoniyi ffs.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #563 on: September 16, 2021, 10:08:44 pm »
Pretty poor from the fans when Leicester played their heart out.

If only Ashley Barnes weren’t so injury prone, i would have like us to go for him.

You mean Harvey Barnes?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #564 on: September 16, 2021, 10:09:03 pm »
Booing your team off the pitch on a European night against a decent Italian side.... Meh. Leicester fans need to wise up. A point each was fair result all round.

Well done to the Napoli fans who showed up to support. Not easy in these times. Fair play to their players as well; they didn't disappoint.
I thought they were booing the referee?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #565 on: September 16, 2021, 10:11:14 pm »

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #566 on: September 16, 2021, 10:20:54 pm »
Osimhen was definitely an overpay by Napoli but they had somehow sold Allan and a bunch of no names for ~€100m in the same window so that tends to happen when you have a bunch of money burning a hole in your pocket.  And he might be as good as what they paid for him.  He's still just 22 and profiles as a pretty elite attacker, 3.5 shots a game with a .57 non-penalty Xg last season is huge.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #567 on: September 16, 2021, 10:40:13 pm »
Even COVID couldn’t stop the Napoli ultras turning up with their belts.  ;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #568 on: September 16, 2021, 10:44:26 pm »
Wish I'd watched the Leicester game now, I switched off at 1 nil. Any links to the goals?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: September 16, 2021, 11:27:48 pm »
Even COVID couldn’t stop the Napoli ultras turning up with their belts.  ;D

Horrible c*nts, Napoli.

There was a video of them getting dropped outside B&Q to tool up.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #570 on: September 16, 2021, 11:28:52 pm »
Horrible c*nts, Napoli.

There was a video of them getting dropped outside B&Q to tool up.

Have you got a link?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: September 16, 2021, 11:31:04 pm »
I genuinely can't believe how Soyuncu keeps getting games for Leicester. He's either always making comical errors or at fault for a goal. When he's not getting sent off of course.

I wonder if Brendan is going to update his envelopes.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #572 on: September 17, 2021, 12:13:29 am »
I still do not know what the Europa conference is for, the Europa league was so bottom drawer I did not think it possible for another competition to limbo underneath, I had to seriously look for the score before as I had no idea what to look for. Hopefully Everton (which would be success for them) or United to be in it next year.
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #573 on: September 17, 2021, 01:04:34 am »
I had them in a BTTS acca. Good lads.
Nice ;D

I thought they were booing the referee?
Really? Ref didn't have a bad game from what I remember. The fans started booing loud well after Napoli got the equaliser and then it crescendo'd at FT.  Plus, even if they're booing the referee the players won't know that. Brilliant game. They were treated to a good European night. Just enjoy the moment and cheer your team till the end. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 01:12:24 am by Morgana »

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #574 on: September 17, 2021, 01:13:42 am »
Have you got a link?
Nothing to see really.

https://twitter.com/danyoung_uk/status/1438497657509621763

It kicked off in the ground after the game. The usual Naples shithouses lashing out with a belt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gq2f3cQASE
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 01:23:51 am by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: September 17, 2021, 02:29:51 am »
I still do not know what the Europa conference is for, the Europa league was so bottom drawer I did not think it possible for another competition to limbo underneath, I had to seriously look for the score before as I had no idea what to look for. Hopefully Everton (which would be success for them) or United to be in it next year.
Same here.
Believer

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #576 on: September 17, 2021, 06:11:47 am »
There is a section of leicester fans that seems to have wanted the fights. An apparent scrap between the Napoli fans and Leicesters ‘Baby Squad’ before the match, then the fans staying back to encourage a kick off.

Tempting them and making themselves targets is going to make the away journey horrific for the normal fans, and it probably wasn’t going to be that nice anyway…
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: September 17, 2021, 07:18:28 am »
There is a section of leicester fans that seems to have wanted the fights. An apparent scrap between the Napoli fans and Leicesters ‘Baby Squad’ before the match, then the fans staying back to encourage a kick off.

Tempting them and making themselves targets is going to make the away journey horrific for the normal fans, and it probably wasn’t going to be that nice anyway…

They had to check in with their nan before kicking things off.

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: September 17, 2021, 07:31:12 am »

You mean ask their nan if she wants to take the lead? A forearm smash from her would silence any ultra.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #579 on: September 17, 2021, 07:52:40 am »

What happened to that thread?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #581 on: September 17, 2021, 08:40:03 am »
Nice ;DReally? Ref didn't have a bad game from what I remember. The fans started booing loud well after Napoli got the equaliser and then it crescendo'd at FT.  Plus, even if they're booing the referee the players won't know that. Brilliant game. They were treated to a good European night. Just enjoy the moment and cheer your team till the end.
Again I thought the fans were getting more and more worked up by the referee, he gave a lot of decisions Napoli's way and there were a few challenges on Leicester players that he let go. The foul count was 14 - 7 to Leicester at the end, when he did give a free-kick to Leicester they were cheering ironically.

They were singing 'the referee's a w**ker' and other songs towards the end of the second half.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: September 17, 2021, 09:01:38 am »
Rodgers talking about his "young team".  Except that the youngest players they had were 22-year olds Soumare and Daka and at the other end of the spectrum they started three 30+ year olds (Schmeichel, Evans and Bertrand) and brought on another in Vardy.

I like Rodgers and he's doing well - just as he did for us until the disastrous transfer window - but his interviews are always cringeworthy.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #584 on: September 17, 2021, 09:19:24 am »

I've always admired the size of vivabobbygrahams biceps in this picture, and how devoted a grandson Samie seems.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: September 17, 2021, 10:05:17 am »
Nothing to see really.

https://twitter.com/danyoung_uk/status/1438497657509621763

Some great comments in that thread!

Seen one putting a shelf up in the away toilets

Maybe the misses ask them to pick up some wall paper samples while they was out

Am I being naive or have they not just been dropped at a trading estate? Leicester's ground is pretty much surrounded by them! Would most Italians even have a clue what B&Q is anyway?!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #586 on: September 17, 2021, 10:11:07 am »

Am I being naive or have they not just been dropped at a trading estate? Leicester's ground is pretty much surrounded by them! Would most Italians even have a clue what B&Q is anyway?!

Nah thats a good 3 miles away from the stadium
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: September 17, 2021, 10:25:05 am »
I've always admired the size of vivabobbygrahams biceps in this picture, and how devoted a grandson Samie seems.

;D

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: September 17, 2021, 10:35:18 am »
Nah thats a good 3 miles away from the stadium

They should try being stuck on a sweaty bus in Rome while the driver takes you on a trip of the ring road for a few hours before dumping you somewhere, a trading estate in Leicester looks a delight in comparison ;D

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: September 17, 2021, 10:49:50 am »

It's a very random place to stop the bus.  It really is just an industrial estate - not even a pub or a McDonald's anywhere nearby - and the ground isn't really walkable from there.