Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3143447 times)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #36080 on: August 18, 2022, 01:21:40 pm »
If Real Madrid are losing Casemiro,  they gonna go all out for Jude which is worrying.
Tchouameni is his replacement.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36081 on: August 18, 2022, 01:22:06 pm »
Keita out, Fabian Ruiz in who says no?
PSG.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36082 on: August 18, 2022, 01:23:07 pm »
If Real Madrid are losing Casemiro,  they gonna go all out for Jude which is worrying.

Worrying times (TM)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #36083 on: August 18, 2022, 01:23:37 pm »
Are you reliable?

Comes and goes to be fair

All I’m saying is I think all remember that time I was convinced Thiago was coming after Klopp didn’t deny it.
And Im pretty sure you’ll have noticed he didn’t deny signing Laimer this window

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #36084 on: August 18, 2022, 01:28:46 pm »
Only an opposition fan would be worried about Man United spending so much on Casemiro. Their midfield is absolutely stacked. They’ve got Modric, Kroos, Camavinga, Valverde and Tchouameni. You think they’re going to commit another huge amount on one? You should watch Casemiro YouTube videos to try and justify being worried.

Isn't Valverde more of a wide player? At least that's how Ancelloti uses him. Then Jude becomes an option for them. They have more money than sense anyway.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36085 on: August 18, 2022, 01:30:55 pm »
Comes and goes to be fair

All I’m saying is I think all remember that time I was convinced Thiago was coming after Klopp didn’t deny it.
And Im pretty sure you’ll have noticed he didn’t deny signing Laimer this window

He was also suspiciously quiet about Sander Berge so I think you might be onto something.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36086 on: August 18, 2022, 02:14:31 pm »
noc@nocturnalibpool·15h
A glimmer of hope for you boys & girls, I’ve heard we’re looking a lot at the French league recently. “Don’t kill the messenger” etc.

Vague tweet to say the least.

We have a good relationship with Monaco.

So either Ward fancies a holiday in the French Riviera or we might be looking over there.

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36087 on: August 18, 2022, 02:39:12 pm »
So anyway targets for this window as opposed to promises for next ... feels like Laimer would fit the bill

https://fbref.com/en/players/c1b7847c/Konrad-Laimer

Had a bad injury last year but was a break so not a long term concern and he came back the same player
Pressing monster whose really versatile and good on the ball, peak age - not on silly wages
Last year of his contract I think and we have good relations with RB .. apparently Bayern wanted him but wouldn't pay the 30 million (or something) RB wanted - exactly the sort of opportunity we like
Feels ideal, and he's versatile enough that it wouldn't affect whoever you wanted to go and get next year

As transfer news go, rarely have I seen a link that was Laimer

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #36088 on: August 18, 2022, 02:43:38 pm »
As transfer news go, rarely have I seen a link that was Laimer
I'd say that your attempt at this is Laimer than my earlier one, but at least yours got a response - even if it's only me

:)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36089 on: August 18, 2022, 04:00:43 pm »
I thought he wanted Bayern?

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #36090 on: August 18, 2022, 04:00:45 pm »

As Stevie Wonder sang "Don't You Worry 'bout a Thing" on his 1973 album  Innervisions

The song's lyrics convey a positive message, focusing on taking things in one's stride and accentuating the positive and the big positive with Jude is that he will be a
 Liverpool player . It's not in doubt . 

Also worth remembering that  In 1992, British band Incognito had a European hit with their cover of the song.
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36091 on: August 18, 2022, 04:43:19 pm »
I thought he wanted Bayern?

Me too til all these rumors started

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36092 on: August 18, 2022, 04:46:50 pm »
FFS are we doing transfer target profile pictures now? I wonder how many are still rocking a Micky Ryan or a Konopolyakna profile picture.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #36093 on: August 18, 2022, 04:51:23 pm »
Two things are true at once - the German league is weaker than before, there’s talent in the German league

Talent that you would pay market rates for? I'd say no. Konate was below market rate and also a defender.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36094 on: August 18, 2022, 05:00:11 pm »
Talent that you would pay market rates for? I'd say no. Konate was below market rate and also a defender.
Absolute bargain.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36095 on: August 18, 2022, 05:05:57 pm »
We should by Wirtz if we want to raid German  next batch of stars.  ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36096 on: August 18, 2022, 05:12:10 pm »
Didn't he suffer an ACL injury?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #36097 on: August 18, 2022, 05:12:37 pm »
Keep well away from Wirtz till he proves he’s ok after that horrible injury!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36098 on: August 18, 2022, 05:19:33 pm »
He's young enough to come back and shine again and will be under the radar because he got injured.  ;D

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36099 on: August 18, 2022, 06:51:41 pm »
He's young enough to come back and shine again and will be under the radar because he got injured.  ;D

He will hopefully get fit but no one is going to sign him for at least one full season after he returns

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36100 on: August 18, 2022, 07:04:15 pm »

I don't know what you're arguing for or against here? Or what market rate you mean? .. I'd rather pay the current Bundesliga market rates than the Premier League, and I'd probably rather pay La Liga prices than either.

You're trying to evaluate individual players and then their price and wages not entire leagues
So I'd pay 25 million plus affordable wages for Laimer this summer if that's the question

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36101 on: August 18, 2022, 07:10:32 pm »

Always looks impressive on the ball but frighteningly slow every time i've seem him play.

Online Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36102 on: August 18, 2022, 11:55:38 pm »
I'd say that your attempt at this is Laimer than my earlier one, but at least yours got a response - even if it's only me

:)

I must admit that I missed yours. I tend to skip through this as it is generally a cess-pit of extremely petty point scoring bickering.
If I wanted that, I'd go work in Westminster ;D

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36103 on: August 19, 2022, 10:47:10 am »
Keep well away from Wirtz till he proves he’s ok after that horrible injury!
Nothing Wirtz than signing an injury prone player.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #36104 on: August 19, 2022, 12:06:04 pm »
Always looks impressive on the ball but frighteningly slow every time i've seem him play.

Wirtz the matter with you, hey? Shaddapa your face.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36105 on: August 19, 2022, 12:19:14 pm »

Going to do very little for us now which is our immediate need.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Rawkybalboa

• "I wouldn't have a clue..."
  • No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • somebody puts his hand on u, send him2the grave
« Reply #36106 on: August 19, 2022, 01:00:19 pm »
If we somehow lose to that laughing stock banter club Utd on Monday. We could well be bottom of the league.
I hope not but I will be fuming.
I dont buy that nonsense lets wait another year for Bellingham. Dont tell me theres no one we can buy to improve that midfield or squad.
And we should have plenty of money too. Klopp has to play along cause he has to work with what hes got hes hardly gonna say anything to affect his team.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #36107 on: August 19, 2022, 01:36:13 pm »
Extremely underwhelming window so far. We've lost arguably our best player and replaced him with a player who looks like he will need a lot of work on his discipline (twitter incident and  red card on his home debut).
We've bought 2 kids, one from the championship and one from the Scottish league. Definitely neither will be an upgrade to our starting XI this season.
Compare that to what City, Chelsea, Spurs, United (with Casemiro and Antony looking very likely now) and even Arsenal bought and it's looking likely that we've gone backwards instead of strengthening.
Klopp is working a miracle here with this kind of board that has very little interest in winning.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #36108 on: August 19, 2022, 01:42:31 pm »
Extremely underwhelming window so far. We've lost arguably our best player and replaced him with a player who looks like he will need a lot of work on his discipline (twitter incident and  red card on his home debut).
We've bought 2 kids, one from the championship and one from the Scottish league. Definitely neither will be an upgrade to our starting XI this season.
Compare that to what City, Chelsea, Spurs, United (with Casemiro and Antony looking very likely now) and even Arsenal bought and it's looking likely that we've gone backwards instead of strengthening.
Klopp is working a miracle here with this kind of board that has very little interest in winning.
:lmao

Biggest pile of crap I’ve read in ages.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36109 on: August 19, 2022, 01:53:47 pm »

If we finished below anyone bar City then he would have underachieved with this side. We have the best squad in the league and not Zinchenko, Cucurella, Jesus or Djed Spence makes those sides better than us. Dont even get me started on Utd.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 01:55:23 pm by killer-heels »

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36110 on: August 19, 2022, 01:53:50 pm »
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #36111 on: August 19, 2022, 02:19:14 pm »
Lets not kid ourselves. Jesus is a very good player as is Cucurella. If however we find ourselves bottom of league on Monday , the table doesnt lie. Just my opinion Im dissapointed to say the least.

The table doesn't lie in the very unlikely event we lost to Man Utd, Everton and West Ham win and 5 other teams gain at least a point, so we'd then be in danger of a relegation battle after being the worst team in the league 3 games in?

Of course the table lies after 3 games. It's not like everyone has played the same fixtures to give it any sort of balance.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #36112 on: August 19, 2022, 02:20:41 pm »
I am loving how Mane became ‘our best player’ now he’s left, after being on the decline and past his best about 18 months ago  ;D

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36113 on: August 19, 2022, 02:27:42 pm »
I am loving how Mane became ‘our best player’ now he’s left, after being on the decline and past his best about 18 months ago  ;D

It is understandable that rival fans make that sort of claim about him in an attempt to score bantz points, but nfi why some of our own fans would make such a spurious argument.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36114 on: August 19, 2022, 02:40:09 pm »
Lets not kid ourselves. Jesus is a very good player as is Cucurella. If however we find ourselves bottom of league on Monday , the table doesnt lie. Just my opinion Im dissapointed to say the least.

The great news for you is we can’t find ourselves bottom, even if we lose to United and they go above us. Couple  of fixtures taking place between sides below us so they can’t both win. So that’s something.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #36115 on: August 19, 2022, 02:42:25 pm »
The great news for you is we can’t find ourselves bottom, even if we lose to United and they go above us. Couple  of fixtures taking place between sides below us so they can’t both win. So that’s something.

Only delaying the inevitable though. If we wanted to avoid relegation we should have spent a bit more like Nottingham Forest. The table doesn't lie.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #36116 on: August 19, 2022, 02:43:31 pm »

I preferred Samie's version.
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #36117 on: August 19, 2022, 02:44:59 pm »
I preferred Samie's version.

:D

Firs time for everything.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36118 on: August 19, 2022, 02:56:29 pm »
If you guys don't delete your flirtatious messages to each other, the thread'll get locked

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #36119 on: August 19, 2022, 02:57:11 pm »
Only delaying the inevitable though. If we wanted to avoid relegation we should have spent a bit more like Nottingham Forest. The table doesn't lie.
First 10 games don't count Jason, surely you knew that.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close