Author Topic: VR Consoles - Are they any good and which one?  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
VR Consoles - Are they any good and which one?
« on: July 31, 2021, 06:13:35 pm »
I’m a fan of really immersive experiences and I’d imagine that, done well, you’re not likely to get much more immersive than playing a game in VR.

I’ve been looking lately and have settled on either the Occulus 2 or the Playsation VR.

The occulus is obviously newer, but the battery life is apparently only around 2 hours whereas it isn’t an issue for the PlayStation VR as it’s plugged in(which obviously comes with its own hinderances.)

I’m aware that a new PlayStation VR is being developed but I don’t think I want to wait that long to get one as it’s likely to be a couple years off yet from what I understand (so if that’s the case and it’s decent I’d be happy to buy it when it does come out despite already owning one.)

I just wondered what people’s experiences with them were, as I said above I’m after immersive experiences that trick the brain into sort of thinking you’re actually there, rather than it just being a really intense way of viewing a video game if that makes sense.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
Re: VR Consoles - Are they any good and which one?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 06:50:19 pm »
I've only used PSVR. My experience is that the software is surprisingly good. My main issue is I can't play them for long, hour here and there. The likes of AstroBot, Thumper, Rez, Ace Combat, Resi 7 are truly thrilling though and just give a whole new level of immersion so there's not a shortage of quality titles.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 10:46:15 pm »
I've had a PSVR for a few years now, and in all honesty it's not much more than a game that gets brought out when friends are over.

Don't mistake that for it not being good when the software is there to work with it - Resident Evil for example is nothing short of terrifying using VR and a brilliant example of the hardware enhancing the gaming experience. Other than that though, I've struggled to get into hit. Superhot VR was good, but most others have had the feelings of tech demos.

I think longterm it's definitely going to have its place, but it needs real software support and for anything where your chars yer is expected to move around there's a real 'locomotion' problem to be solved.

Flying games, though the ones I've played have been simplistic/short are a brilliant medium.

Bit of a jumble of thoughts above, but hopefully paints a bit of a picture for you.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 1, 2021, 12:58:02 am »
All the complaints in Wige's post above are valid when it comes to the current state of VR.

However, don't let it put you off. VR in it's current form is all but 6 years old. That's it. Yet when it comes to how its evolved in that time, it's come on massively and we're still in the stage where it has to find it's middle ground on what is regarded as 'standard' both in software and its hardware. Some of the aspects have already gotten there. We know that inside-out tracking is the overall best solution, and we know that wireless is the way forward for all VR. Hence the recent iteration of VR in the form of the Quest, which is just a little over 2 years old. The VR landscape is constantly evolving, and is likely to shift again.

The two headsets you mention, one is early VR, meaning that its tracking solution and hardware limitations like resolution are already outdated and a limitation, especially when it comes to its controllers. I'm talking about the PSVR here, which is now already archaic. Still, as I said before, don't let that put you off. The thing PSVR has going for it is on the side of its software. There's a lot there to still make it a viable option, and something like RE7 in VR pays for the thing alone, because as good as horror games are on a TV, they can't compete with them in VR. It's one of those things where it can even be too intense for some people to play. I couldn't do some parts of RE7 in the headset and had to progress via the TV. That's not hyperbole. Still, as good as RE7 is in VR, it's showing its age when it comes to how VR has progressed software wise. You've no physical hands, and you can't interact they way you want to, or expect to. A game like Saints and Sinners shows what's possible for VR to be, as it's made from the ground up to take advantage of what's possible, and only possible, in the VR space; and again, that only came out last year, so the games are still evolving beyond the state of what would otherwise feel like a tech demo.

So, for you, if you're looking an entry level into VR, both Quest and PSVR are decent options. If you've a PC, the Quest can be used on it. The fact that it's wireless is a huge deal, and don't be put off by the battery life, as you can play it tethered too. The cons are that it's limited in power. Games won't look as good as they would on PSVR, despite the image being more clear. The FOV (your field of view) is a tad smaller, and comfort is an issue from what I hear. Meanwhile the PSVR is comfortable to wear, has better lenses, and an OLED screen, so the image can look better contrast and colour wise, but can also be blurry due to its lower resolution. The set up is a massive pain in the balls, and has a limited tracking space due to needing a camera to be able to see you. You'll also need Move controllers, and those don't have analogue sticks, so some games suffer as a result in terms of control method.

My advice would be to see if you can get a used PSVR for cheap to try it if you've already a PS4. The PSVR2 is already confirmed and will rectify and update to the "standard" of modern VR, and might even bring it forward, so that's just around the corner.

One last thing to add as a caveat, because you're not used to VR, expect it to make you feel a bit sick the first few times you try it. This isn't a specific headset issue, it's a human anatomy one. Your brain will be tricked into thinking you're there, so when you move and your legs don't, its like having an outer body experience and it fucks with your inner ear. It can take a bit of time to adjust to, so just be aware of this. Try games where you are not moving or seated at first and go from there. In either case, despite all the flaws in current VR, you'll still be mind blown by what's possible with it.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2021, 01:01:14 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 1, 2021, 07:32:10 am »
All the Occulous Quest2 headsets have been recalled, as the sponge around the eye pieces was causing irritation in some people. My lad wants one and they are just not available anywhere.

He can't stand still as it is when playing games, I dread to think of what will happen when he gets a VR headset and starts playing ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5 on: August 1, 2021, 12:00:31 pm »
Macphisto has covered it better than I can be bothered to ;D but I'll run through my 'journey', so to speak.

PSVR is extremely comfortable with a great (albeit) low res screen. The controls and general setup are so very frustrating though, I remember first trying it years ago and all I could think was "this is amazing but it's still not there yet". It's still a great entry point if you can get it cheap.

I ended up buying the original Quest but at the time the games were quite limited and it was extremely uncomfortable headset by comparison, so I sold it and got an Oculus Rift S on PC. If you don't have a gaming PC its a bit of a moot point but the library is fantastic across Steam and Oculus.

I've now sold my Rift S and got a Quest 2, it's more comfortable than the Quest due to the weight but you really need to spend money to get an alternative headstrap of some kind. It's incredibly horrible out of the box, so be prepared to pay £20-150 on top of the cost of the headset. This includes using a powerbank as a counter weight which will easily triple your battery life and make the headset much more comfortable. Mine looks something like this:

There's now huge library on the Quest 2 and Wireless VR is absolutely incredible compared to being tethered, I use it wirelessly for my PCVR too. Just note that the cheap list price is because Facebook are using you a data farm and it all but requires additional investment if you don't want to feel like you have daggers strapped to your face ;D

« Last Edit: August 1, 2021, 12:03:01 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #6 on: August 1, 2021, 03:33:40 pm »
I have a CV1 and Quest 2. The CV1 (Oculus) is great for hardware heavy games like Alyx, find the Quest 2 won't really run it as well either wireless or wired. The Quest 2 is great though, especially on PC where you can spend hours in Google Earth and Unreal making your own stuff, I'm biased of course but anything on the PC is going to have huge modding support as well. Skyrim and Fallout 4 VR for example have countless mods.

As for the recall, mine hasn't been but you can get a free Face/Eye, cover thingy

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #7 on: August 1, 2021, 03:36:33 pm »
I've got the HP reverb 2, It's good for DCS what I use it for but games like Phasmaphobia, Onward, the forest and all that are mad. The immersion into games like that are on another level. I did get motion sickness until I was used to them though so be careful.
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 2, 2021, 02:23:00 am »
All the Occulous Quest2 headsets have been recalled, as the sponge around the eye pieces was causing irritation in some people. My lad wants one and they are just not available anywhere.

He can't stand still as it is when playing games, I dread to think of what will happen when he gets a VR headset and starts playing ;D
The Quest has a clever little safety feature called a Guardian, which lets you set up your physical boundary via the passthrough camera. Basically you can see your environment in the headset and it lets you walk around and trace an invisible line, so if you approach it, a grid pops up when you're in game when you are playing and you start to see the real world through it. It lets you know your bearings in case you bump into a wall or worse. I recently got shown a picture on whatsapp of a mate's mate who was trying VR for the first time, but ended up with a 9 inch gash starting from his forehead up to the middle of his head. Bit too much immersion for him, but just goes to show you really need to be careful and use a mat or something to give you an idea of how far you're drifting from your starting point. The amazing thing about Quest is that it has world scale tracking, meaning that you can take it to a beach or a football pitch and run around it instead of using the stick for locomotion. No motion sickness doing that.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2021, 02:25:14 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #9 on: August 2, 2021, 05:46:51 am »
I've also done a very initial bit of reading into it. .

It seems like there are a number of quite good games now available in VR but still not so many that it's worthwhile shelling out for it, unless you want to use it for other apps.

Unless you're really desperate to play Half-Life: Alyx, or Flight Simulator, it seems like it's probably worth waiting for the next generation, where I expect there will be significant progress again.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #10 on: August 2, 2021, 04:05:17 pm »
The Quest has a clever little safety feature called a Guardian, which lets you set up your physical boundary via the passthrough camera. Basically you can see your environment in the headset and it lets you walk around and trace an invisible line, so if you approach it, a grid pops up when you're in game when you are playing and you start to see the real world through it. It lets you know your bearings in case you bump into a wall or worse. I recently got shown a picture on whatsapp of a mate's mate who was trying VR for the first time, but ended up with a 9 inch gash starting from his forehead up to the middle of his head. Bit too much immersion for him, but just goes to show you really need to be careful and use a mat or something to give you an idea of how far you're drifting from your starting point. The amazing thing about Quest is that it has world scale tracking, meaning that you can take it to a beach or a football pitch and run around it instead of using the stick for locomotion. No motion sickness doing that.

Do not take/use your Quest 2 outside. You will break it !

https://support.oculus.com/articles/headsets-and-accessories/product-care-and-best-practices/avoiding-sunlight-damage/?locale=en_GB

Great piece of kit. Finally got around to Lone echo and its great.

If you sail the seven seas of piracy, rclone browser/side quest and a telegram group will get you all the content you desire. At the risk of being banned of course.

HTH
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #11 on: August 2, 2021, 05:51:16 pm »
I've also done a very initial bit of reading into it. .

It seems like there are a number of quite good games now available in VR but still not so many that it's worthwhile shelling out for it, unless you want to use it for other apps.

Unless you're really desperate to play Half-Life: Alyx, or Flight Simulator, it seems like it's probably worth waiting for the next generation, where I expect there will be significant progress again.

I think that's a bit debatable now depending on platform. On PC you have both Oculus and Steam store-fronts with enough quality titles from 'AAA' to Indy:

Half Life: Alyx
Stormland
Star Wars: Squadrons
Boneworks
Skyrim VR
Lone Echo
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
Superhot VR
Pistol Whip
Beat Sabre
Asgard’s Wrath
Moss
Pavlov
Arizona Sunshine

PSVR actually has a great selection of games but it hampered by controls. PSVR2 should be knocking it out of the park next year (assuming its out then).

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 2, 2021, 06:41:13 pm »
I think that's a bit debatable now depending on platform.

The other thing that needs taken into consideration is that VR is very, very different to traditional gaming, even when it comes to smaller indy type games that would just be completely shit in flat mode, VR makes the concept very compelling and you'd find yourself spending hours inside the headset with. The price of these games reflect this. Most are very cheap, and you get more than your money's worth out of them if they're decent or well executed. For example, a fishing game like Catch and Release. You wouldn't play it outside of VR because it would get boring fast; but in VR you're there on a relaxing lake and it feels like fishing. Your real outside environment just gets forgotten. And it's always a plus to see just what a game looks like when you put the headset on. The novelty of that never wears off. I find myself playing flat games these days and wondering what it would look like in VR, but it's never the case when playing a VR game do I wonder what it would be like on a TV.

Do not take/use your Quest 2 outside. You will break it !

https://support.oculus.com/articles/headsets-and-accessories/product-care-and-best-practices/avoiding-sunlight-damage/?locale=en_GB

Great piece of kit. Finally got around to Lone echo and its great.

If you sail the seven seas of piracy, rclone browser/side quest and a telegram group will get you all the content you desire. At the risk of being banned of course.

HTH
It's just the lenses being exposed to direct sunlight. It's fine if its overcast or if you're careful when putting it on or taking it off. It's the same with any of the headsets, really, even if they're indoor.
« Last Edit: August 2, 2021, 06:49:16 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #13 on: August 3, 2021, 12:06:07 am »
The other thing that needs taken into consideration is that VR is very, very different to traditional gaming, even when it comes to smaller indy type games that would just be completely shit in flat mode, VR makes the concept very compelling and you'd find yourself spending hours inside the headset with. The price of these games reflect this. Most are very cheap, and you get more than your money's worth out of them if they're decent or well executed. For example, a fishing game like Catch and Release. You wouldn't play it outside of VR because it would get boring fast; but in VR you're there on a relaxing lake and it feels like fishing. Your real outside environment just gets forgotten. And it's always a plus to see just what a game looks like when you put the headset on. The novelty of that never wears off. I find myself playing flat games these days and wondering what it would look like in VR, but it's never the case when playing a VR game do I wonder what it would be like on a TV.

I'm with you for the most part, but there's quite a bit of repetition within the VR game pool. Rail shooters, rythm games, wave shooters etc. It's something that's improved a lot in the last year or so though so it's not a massive complaint.

On wanting to see games in VR, you're on the money. I've been toying with the idea of buying vorpX for a long time now but it's quite steep. I'd love to walk around the Wither 3 world, albeit not in true 6 degrees of freedom.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 3, 2021, 06:58:11 am »
Each to their own, but personally I don't fancy Witcher 3 in VR.  Even as a third person game the lod pop-in can be jarring which seems an issue in RE3 in general, so I don't feel I'd enjoy it.

Mainly I use VR for racing sims, which is wonderful. Was looking at getting into DCS too, but I'm probably going to spunk all of my 'fun money' on  DD wheel instead now.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 07:02:46 am by Darren G »

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #15 on: August 3, 2021, 11:10:51 am »
Each to their own, but personally I don't fancy Witcher 3 in VR.  Even as a third person game the lod pop-in can be jarring which seems an issue in RE3 in general, so I don't feel I'd enjoy it.

Mainly I use VR for racing sims, which is wonderful. Was looking at getting into DCS too, but I'm probably going to spunk all of my 'fun money' on  DD wheel instead now.

I never really noticed LOD pop-in issue on PC, I remember the consoles had it really bad. Though now you've mentioned it my brain is going to actively look for it ;D

My housemate gave me his spare X52 HOTAS, have delved into Squadrons in VR which is fantastic when it works. Never used a flight stick before to it's a steep learning curve. Dabbled a bit in MFS 2020 flatscreen too, almost feel there's too many controls for a decent VR experience but will work up to it. How much is a direct drive wheel setup going to set you back?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #16 on: August 3, 2021, 11:15:06 am »

The headsets haven't been recalled, it's just a replacement eyepiece. Has nothing to do with the unavailability

Which is, well, all tech really is like that lately.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 3, 2021, 06:07:23 pm »
I never really noticed LOD pop-in issue on PC, I remember the consoles had it really bad. Though now you've mentioned it my brain is going to actively look for it ;D

My housemate gave me his spare X52 HOTAS, have delved into Squadrons in VR which is fantastic when it works. Never used a flight stick before to it's a steep learning curve. Dabbled a bit in MFS 2020 flatscreen too, almost feel there's too many controls for a decent VR experience but will work up to it. How much is a direct drive wheel setup going to set you back?

I'll be the first to admit that I'm personally very sensitive to pop-in (both texture pop in and LOD switching), stuttering and the like.  That said, the crappy LOD in TW3 was a common complaint from PC gamers.  Cyberpunk has the same issues, which haven't been helped by CDPR making the LOD switching more aggressive with the recent patches to aid performance rather than actually optimizing the game properly.  There are a few mods that try to fix it, but they cause more problems than they solve, at least on my system.

As for the flight sim thing, I'll probably still get into it at some point as it does interest me.  Kev_goss was very helpful to me in that regard and would be able to answer any questions regarding VR in flight sims far better than me.  In terms of cost for the wheel, I'll be looking at around 3K AUD for the wheel and pedals combined.  It's a fair chunk of money for peripherals and I have questioned my own sanity, but I should get a good number of years out of it.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 06:15:02 pm by Darren G »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 4, 2021, 11:18:55 am »
Ordered the BOBOVR M2 for my Quest 2 as I've heard great things

Anyway the Quest 2 will start selling again end of this month

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #19 on: August 4, 2021, 11:23:59 am »
Ordered the BOBOVR M2 for my Quest 2 as I've heard great things

Anyway the Quest 2 will start selling again end of this month

I've had the BOBOVR M2 sitting in a box for the past month ;D Was too cheap not to get (£20 delivered from China). I'll try getting round to it this week but my VIVE Deluxe Stap is a c*nt to remove.

Really love the PSVR and Rift S (which is licensed from Sony) Halo Staps, wish all headsets used this.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #20 on: August 4, 2021, 12:36:11 pm »
PSVR2 details, very tasty

PSVR without Parole, a well known name in the PSVR community just dropped a video outlining details from a summit Sony held with developers regarding the next PSVR.

I highly recommend checking out the video for more details at: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MnAOWbzBEco
Some of the things that were mentioned:

• Referred to as NGVR by Sony (next gen PSVR) - not PSVR 2
  • Will use Fresnel OLED screens with a 2000x2040 resolution per eye
  • HDR display
  • FOV is 110 degrees
  • Uses Flexible Scaling Resolution in addition to Foveated Rendering which used in conjunction conjunction eye tracking both which aims to scale resolution based upon the user's concentrated view and reduces the strains on PS5 resources
  • Haptics are planned for the headset itself to reduce motion sickness and improve immersion
  • The new controllers which don't have a name yet will be packaged with every new NGVR headset at launch.
  • The controllers will include capacitive touch sensors, which are analogue based and can track the distance between your fingers and thumb. This is in addition to haptics and adaptive triggers which have already been announced
  • Sony want to move away from "VR experiences" and concentrate on AAA games with an aim to make hybrid games that are playable in both flat screen and VR. When those titles launch you can even select which version you want to download.
  • Nothing was mentioned regarding BC for PSVR1 but there is a push to remaster some PSVR1 games
  • The headset itself wasn't shown and release date wasn't mentioned but launch plans will be revealed in early 2022.

https://old.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/oxp5ep/new_details_about_the_next_gen_psvr/

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 4, 2021, 12:39:15 pm »
Oooofff. I reckon a late 2022 release.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 4, 2021, 06:06:26 pm »
HDR in the display is a big deal. It's something that I've often wondered why it hasn't been pushed in VR HMD's already. Especially given it's an OLED. The image quality in this headset is going to be amazing. The haptics in the headset is also something I've been hearing about since the early days of VR to try to mitigate motion sickness by sending a faint signal from behind the ear to trick the inner ear into thinking you're moving. It'll be interesting to see how effective that is, as it's a potential game changer to bringing VR into the mainstream eventually. Not just VR, but for people who suffer from motion sickness in general.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #23 on: August 4, 2021, 08:28:00 pm »
Most headsets aren't even OLED which is a bit of a piss take. PSVR and Quest 1 screens were amazing.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2021, 01:01:11 pm »
Got the lad an Oculous2 for Christmas, had a right laugh with it yesterday. I look a right soft twat on the video they took of me, punching the shit out of fresh air in the living room and ducking and kneeling shooting things ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2021, 04:00:25 pm »
oculus 2 all the way

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2021, 07:37:14 pm »
I've enjoyed the PSVR. I've played enough games on it, combined with the overall experience, to make it worth the outlay, just about.

Superhot was brilliant, Moss was great (and I'm surprised there haven't been more like it), Beat Sabre is good fun, Budget Cuts is good. Astro Bot is amazing and even the stuff in VR Worlds is entertaining.

As others have said, it doesn't feel like a normal gaming experience. I can't spend too long playing it without feeling a bit uncomfortable, but it makes a nice change.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2021, 09:39:08 pm »
I'm undecided whether to get one, or wait for PSVR2.

Can they both play the same games?

No, which is the reason why I don’t have one yet as I’m desperate to play Resident Evil 7 in VR. I get the impression that the PSVR games are better but the Occulus 2 tech is significantly better, hence why I’m tempted to wait for the PS VR 2 unless I can get a good PSVR deal in the meantime.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2021, 12:10:47 pm »
Bought my son PSVR for xmas and it's very good fun.

Does put me off seeing the grainy screen/low res screen though and even the pixels and colours around white text.  But tried out Thumper, Astro Bot, Walking Dead and they are all so immersive once you're in.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 5, 2022, 09:57:08 am »
Further announcement/update made today on PSVR2 which can be found here;

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/04/playstation-vr2-and-playstation-vr2-sense-controller-the-next-generation-of-vr-gaming-on-ps5/amp/

Probably the highlight of all of that is that it has provided confirmation that a new Horizon game, ‘Horizon Call of the Mountain’ is being designed exclusively for PSVR2, teaser trailer here;

https://youtu.be/AUYNuryoav8

Looks great.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 5, 2022, 10:13:18 am »
Further announcement/update made today on PSVR2 which can be found here;

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/04/playstation-vr2-and-playstation-vr2-sense-controller-the-next-generation-of-vr-gaming-on-ps5/amp/

Probably the highlight of all of that is that it has provided confirmation that a new Horizon game, ‘Horizon Call of the Mountain’ is being designed exclusively for PSVR2, teaser trailer here;

https://youtu.be/AUYNuryoav8

Looks great.

That sounds amazing. The fact that it will just be a single cable to the PS5 to set it up is a game changer for me as the hassle of the mini box thing and setting it up is the reason I can't be bothered going on the PSVR most of the time.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #31 on: January 5, 2022, 11:33:02 am »
Hope it doesn't get sold out immediately as well
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 5, 2022, 12:49:19 pm »
Hopefully I'll be able to grab one at launch. I did like the PSVR and was happy with the library but the set up was a hassle.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 5, 2022, 02:10:33 pm »
Do we think PSVR games will work on PSVR2 by any chance? I still have a few in my library I need to complete.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 5, 2022, 02:24:31 pm »
Do we think PSVR games will work on PSVR2 by any chance? I still have a few in my library I need to complete.

If be stunned if they didn’t as they’ve been giving them away with the PS Plus subscription, surely the catalogue  of VR games is t large enough to justify no reverse comparability at this stage.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 5, 2022, 02:26:30 pm »
If be stunned if they didn’t as they’ve been giving them away with the PS Plus subscription, surely the catalogue  of VR games is t large enough to justify no reverse comparability at this stage.

That's what I'm thinking too. I might try and flog my PSVR now while the price is still decent and try and pre order this when I can as I hardly use mine now.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 5, 2022, 06:19:56 pm »
I’ve had a look further into if PSVR2 will play PSVR games and a lot of people are suggesting they don’t think it will but obviously nothing is confirmed yet. That would be a shame.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #37 on: January 6, 2022, 01:52:06 pm »
It looks (sounds) incredible.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 6, 2022, 05:12:46 pm »
Sold my PSVR today with 2 games for £200 to CEX. Not bad at all.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #39 on: January 6, 2022, 05:22:25 pm »
That's a really good.

I bought a PSVR 2nd version, boxed and with 2 move controllers for £160 for my lad's Christmas pressie.