Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2256193 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #32680 on: June 9, 2023, 06:33:52 pm »
Signing for Portland Timbers

Really?
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32681 on: June 9, 2023, 06:45:03 pm »

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #32682 on: June 9, 2023, 07:04:20 pm »
Funnily enough, the rumour is that Davies is gonna bail…

If he has even the slightest thing about him surely he does? Thing is even if you looked at the sides hoping to gain promotion from the Championship, I don't think he's good enough to play regularly at that level. It really is remarkable that he's 25 and still there  ;D

There was talk about Rangers signing him on a free, would be the best realistic move for him that. Look at how Todd Cantwell has gone over and started contributing in the first team. Plenty of football available against quite poor sides and even a chance to play some minutes in whatever European competition they're in. Might as well go for that if it's on the table but if there's a good wage there (and there will be) to sit around and do nothing then there's worse ways to make a living. That's a real lot of shit clothes available.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #32683 on: June 10, 2023, 10:09:06 pm »
Fucking fireworks going off in the city centre :lmao

Absolute fucking helmets.
AHA!

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32684 on: June 10, 2023, 10:54:27 pm »

Can't be bitters, especially after Kenwright jibbed Abu Dodgy off before they bought City.
Bitter? Not me.

Grey pyabs though.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #32685 on: June 10, 2023, 11:19:17 pm »

It was celebrating Mo's new hat and the arrival of rain after the dry spell.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #32686 on: June 10, 2023, 11:39:59 pm »
If he has even the slightest thing about him surely he does? Thing is even if you looked at the sides hoping to gain promotion from the Championship, I don't think he's good enough to play regularly at that level. It really is remarkable that he's 25 and still there  ;D

There was talk about Rangers signing him on a free, would be the best realistic move for him that. Look at how Todd Cantwell has gone over and started contributing in the first team. Plenty of football available against quite poor sides and even a chance to play some minutes in whatever European competition they're in. Might as well go for that if it's on the table but if there's a good wage there (and there will be) to sit around and do nothing then there's worse ways to make a living. That's a real lot of shit clothes available.

The melt would get the fuck kicked out of him in the Scottish league.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32687 on: June 11, 2023, 04:10:15 am »

:lmao
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32688 on: June 11, 2023, 07:31:19 am »

Saddest gang of c**** going. :lmao
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32689 on: June 11, 2023, 07:44:11 am »

I will never understand scousers wanting a Manc team to win. Red/Blue, I don’t understand why they’d want them to win.

I seen lots of evertonians buzzing about it, why?

We’re not remotely bothered, we’ve got 6, I’ve seen us win 2, my dad seen us with all 6.

Why do the bitters think the way they do? Warped.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32690 on: June 11, 2023, 07:48:23 am »
I will never understand scousers wanting a Manc team to win. Red/Blue, I don’t understand why they’d want them to win.

We’re not remotely bothered, we’ve got 6, I’ve seen us win 2, my dad seen us with all 6.

They need some joy in their life, the only other thing they have to enjoy right now is the end of season pitch invasion after avoiding being flushed yet again

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32691 on: June 11, 2023, 07:48:46 am »
There is going to be some epic crying when this lot and their manc chums finally get punished for breaking the rules. We always have the last laugh, being a blue they should know this by now.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #32692 on: June 11, 2023, 08:26:24 am »

They do it because they know it winds the reds up. Simple. And it seems like it's working.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #32693 on: June 11, 2023, 08:33:30 am »
I’ll be setting off rockets too when these eventually get relegated .

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32694 on: June 11, 2023, 08:39:22 am »
Just enjoy the free firework display

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32695 on: June 11, 2023, 11:56:31 am »
...Why do the bitters think the way they do? Warped.
Simply put, their own club is a shite, embarrassing, shambolic mess, so they have no choice but to live vicariously.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline jillc

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #32696 on: June 11, 2023, 11:58:07 am »
Someone was setting off fireworks in New Brighton as well after the final. I keep hoping it was just someone's birthday, but who knows?  :-\
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #32697 on: June 11, 2023, 12:01:26 pm »
He's done well to free himself of the stigma attached with managing the Shite and the Manc Shite.

Who said you can't reinvent yourself?
I don't think Moyes has entirely shaken off his cautious approach to games i.e. focus on not getting beaten rather than aiming for a win. It suited the mid-table mediocrity mindset that set in across the Park during his tenure there (albeit I think many Blues would bite your hand off for that approach now) and I've heard one or two West Ham fans complain about it. It was one of the reasons why I could never imagine him being a success at United. The "previous Scot" always threw caution to the wind in an attempt to get 3 points at the risk of conceding. Sadly for us it was a gamble that generally paid off  :(
I'll confess I was in 2 minds who to support the other night. On the one hand it's good to see a serial loser get some silverware and the celebrations with his Dad were lovely. On the other hand he often comes across as a bit "up himself". Once the game started however it was no contest. The dark arts on display from Fiorentina - especially the constant rolling around on the floor - got right up my nose and I was delighted with that last minute winner.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #32698 on: June 11, 2023, 12:22:07 pm »
Because they're too thick to realise that City's presence in the upper echelons of the league has, on occasions, denied them European football and that the presence of a state backed clubs inflates the transfer market and makes it harder for the likes of Everton to compete for players. Despite routinely maintaining a holier-than-though attitude, they're also perfectly happy to look the other way in the face of blatant sportswashing of human rights abuses but hypocrisy has always been rife across the Park.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32699 on: June 11, 2023, 12:39:01 pm »
I’ll be setting off rockets too when these eventually get relegated .

We should parade a blue coffin around the the city, like they did when we last got relegated. See how they like it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32700 on: June 11, 2023, 02:12:33 pm »
We should parade a blue coffin around the the city, like they did when we last got relegated. See how they like it.

Crazy thing is that they would actually expect us to do that as they think their obsession is mutual, when the reality is that we find them annoying due to the bile and vitriol that comes from their side, a hazard to our players due to their approach to derbies etc. but we simply don't find them important enough to hate, we'd just prefer them gone for the previously mentioned hate and injury potential reasons.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32701 on: June 11, 2023, 02:16:26 pm »
Crazy thing is that they would actually expect us to do that as they think their obsession is mutual, when the reality is that we find them annoying due to the bile and vitriol that comes from their side, a hazard to our players due to their approach to derbies etc. but we simply don't find them important enough to hate, we'd just prefer them gone for the previously mentioned hate and injury potential reasons.

We had a blue coffin ready to be paraded around the city back in 1994, to be fair. Thanks, Hans Segars, you bung-taking twat!.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #32702 on: June 11, 2023, 02:17:44 pm »
It's going to be a bit of fun when a year from now they're ready to move into their new "iconic" stadium down at BMD, when they are relegated from the League. Finally flushed by the sewage works. Karma...
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #32703 on: June 11, 2023, 02:18:16 pm »
Because they're too thick to realise that City's presence in the upper echelons of the league has, on occasions, denied them European football and that the presence of a state backed clubs inflates the transfer market and makes it harder for the likes of Everton to compete for players. Despite routinely maintaining a holier-than-though attitude, they're also perfectly happy to look the other way in the face of blatant sportswashing of human rights abuses but hypocrisy has always been rife across the Park.

The main difference is that we know we had a bad season by our standards and, hopefully, are taking the right steps to rectify the problem for the future.

One for the oldies - they sold League winner Alan Ball and went into decline for 15 years, around the time we signed Keegan - and the rest is history. Everton that.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32704 on: June 11, 2023, 02:23:08 pm »
League Cup semi final when Sterling crossed when the ball was about a foot over the line.
Bitter? Not me.

Grey pyabs though.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #32705 on: June 11, 2023, 02:58:20 pm »
The main difference is that we know we had a bad season by our standards and, hopefully, are taking the right steps to rectify the problem for the future.

One for the oldies - they sold League winner Alan Ball and went into decline for 15 years, around the time we signed Keegan - and the rest is history. Everton that.

Didn't we get the blame for that as well?

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32706 on: June 11, 2023, 03:07:59 pm »
Just been by Bramley Moore, coming along very well and will look the part when finished. Anyway, Covid has goosed my sense of smell so laughed my head off when the missus said "Oh My God, it stinks of shit!"
Bitter? Not me.

Grey pyabs though.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32707 on: June 11, 2023, 06:55:50 pm »
Someone was setting off fireworks in New Brighton as well after the final. I keep hoping it was just someone's birthday, but who knows?  :-\
I wouldn't read too much into it. We see fireworks going off virtually every night across the city. Weddings, parties, birthdays etc...

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32708 on: June 11, 2023, 07:00:58 pm »
Just been by Bramley Moore, coming along very well and will look the part when finished. Anyway, Covid has goosed my sense of smell so laughed my head off when the missus said "Oh My God, it stinks of shit!"
We drove past there before, and it really did stink.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #32709 on: June 11, 2023, 07:05:54 pm »
This from the Esk… I perhaps hadn’t realised just how bad things still were

We are nearly two weeks on from the Bournemouth game. A game in which as we all know, we faced potential relegation which may have brought to reality the existential threat talked of by Farhad Moshiri.
In reality the threats facing the club prior to that momentous day were numerous. Relegation would have triggered many of the individual threats which combined, may have provided a greater threat and carried far more serious consequences than having to play an Ipswich Town or Plymouth Argyle (with great respect to both historic clubs) away on a wet Friday evening.
Yet in the lead up, and subsequent to, not a word from the owner or the hierarchy. Journalistic endeavour and notices on Company House have told the fans more about what is or may be happening than any individual at the club. What state is this club in when fans have to decipher complex legal documents on Companies House rather than be informed by a club official of the status of the club?
So, a review of where we are, and what is likely to happen in the near future.

Premier League Status
Our Premier League status is secure for another year. The on-going investigation, examination and determination of alleged breaches of Premier League financial regulations by an independent commission will, whatever the outcome, not affect our status as one of twenty clubs starting the new Premier League season on the weekend of 12 August 2023 – the glorious 12th, although whether we will be the hunter or hunted subsequent to the commission’s findings remains to be seen.

The Board
Everton’s articles of association require a minimum of three board members at all times. Everton’s current board membership is nominally four. Four individuals who have under the 2006 Companies Act a number of legal duties as follows:
A duty to promote the success of the company. A director of a company must act in the way he or she considers, in good faith, would be most likely to promote the success of the company for the benefit of its members as a whole, and in doing so have regard (amongst other matters) to

the likely consequences of any decision in the long term,
the interests of the company’s employees,
the need to foster the company’s business relationships with suppliers, customers and others,
the impact of the company’s operations on the community and the environment,
the desirability of the company maintaining a reputation for high standards of business conduct, and
the need to act fairly as between members of the company
The evidence that directors of Everton have performed the above has been scant for some time, indeed for some directors, Evertonians would question if this was ever thus.
Undeniably, from my perspective at least, Everton’s directors since mid January have failed in their duties as per above. No doubt critical functions such as finance have continued to be performed, but the absence of communication post the end of the season to address the club’s future, its ownership, financing of the stadium and its ability to compete in next year’s Premier League are a dereliction of duty from which there is no recovery. The change of ownership (below) and the introduction of new investors/ finance providers must immediately, if not sooner lead to the removal and replacement of the Chairman, CEO and current non-executive director. For stability purposes in the short term, the continuation of the finance director is probably sensible.
The current board made their position untenable in January, and frankly have more than doubled down on that with their dereliction of duties post season end. Whatever the change of ownership outcome is, this is an issue that needs addressing immediately. New investors reading this should be under no illusions as to the complete unacceptability of their continued tenure.

Finances

Transfer spending: At the time of writing the new transfer window opens in 5 days. Given the weaknesses and lack of balance in the current squad, in normal circumstances Evertonians should be anticipating an exciting summer of new arrivals, permanently signed or on loan.
Unfortunately that is not going to happen. The impact of years of accumulated losses, potential non-compliance with profitability and sustainability rules and perhaps most critically of all a lack of cash means that incoming players will depend upon who is sold and what is available in the loan market. Another summer when most likely an early sale (before 30 June 2023) and late purchases and loan transactions. An unenviable set of circumstances under which Kevin Thelwell and Sean Dyche will have to operate – driven by the poor decision making of many years and the chronic financial situation of the club.
The prospect of significant spending to alleviate our squad weaknesses and thereby improve the prospects of not having another fight against relegation remain negligible at best.

Stadium Funding: It has become very apparent in recent months, Moshiri’s need to find urgent, alternative sources of capital to meet his obligations to Laing O’Rourke. His once broad boast of money never being a problem whilst he was here, no longer carries any credence. It’s also become apparent his unwillingness to dispose of the club or sell equity to provide a solution.
His preferred method has been to seek further debt. This in a business that has £450 million of outstanding shareholder loans (not anticipated to be repaid) and likely in excess of £220 million of debt to Rights and Media Funding and Metro Bank.
Based on information provided to Matt Slater of the Athletic, the future funding shortfall is as high as £360 million.

Working Capital: Such is the lack of information, the lack of engagement and accountability from the board to minority shareholders, it’s impossible to put a figure on what Everton’s working capital requirements are. However, it’s not difficult to calculate in the absence of further player disposals the club is in dire need of further capital injections – even if the actual figure cannot be readily predicted.

Partial solutions and what is likely to happen in the future
On 23rd May, an entry appeared on the company records relating to Everton Stadium Development Holding Company, the wholly owned subsidiary of Everton Football Club. It contained details of a charge (security) against the leasehold of the land upon which the stadium sits in favour of Blythe Capital.
Blythe Capital is a company owned by Andrew Bell and his family. Andrew is a successful local businessman who also happens to be a life-long blue. Founder and former CEO of AJ Bell, he maintains an approximate 22% interest in the FTSE 250 company worth at current market price £280 million. Andrew Bell has additional business interests in his portfolio.
The charge confirms that Andrew Bell has provided funding to the stadium development company. It is thought that the funding amounts to £40 million. This is money already received by Everton.
Since the now infamous game against Southampton in mid January, a US investment company MSP have entered the public domain as potential investors in Everton Football Club. As is well documented they have interests in several European clubs plus other sporting enterprises. Despite interest from other US based investors including 777 partners, MSP were granted a period of exclusivity to examine the books and conclude a funding deal centred on the immediate funding requirements for the stadium.
This funding is thought to be in the order of £100 million. It will achieve two objectives – repay the AJ Bell short term loan (and any other possible short term loans including potentially George Downing) and provide funding to meet near term obligations to Laing O’Rourke. The deal will be structured as a debt deal with warrants attached. At £100 million it would suggest a future equity stake of 25%, rising if Everton’s funding requirements increase. Again, from Matt Slater, this may increase beyond £150 million.
Moshiri believes this funding arrangement will allow him to conclude a construction loan through JP Morgan and the Japanese MUFG bank which would complete the stadium financing and allow him to retain a majority position in Everton. I have to say that appears at best, optimistic thinking and falls in line with other optimistic but ultimately unsuccessful prospective funding announcements made by his people. JP Morgan and MUFG have been unsuccessful in raising finance since 2019 – given Everton’s circumstances and no immediate prospect of improvement, why should a relatively small capital injection by MSP change their view?
I have stated on Twitter that Moshiri will cede his majority position, and I maintain that. It is inconceivable that so much debt funding could be placed on Everton whilst still maintaining the economic advantages of a new stadium.

Control of Everton
Significant minority investors will always seek additional powers beyond the power of their shareholding. They will seek board positions to ensure oversight, scrutiny and a degree of control. More importantly they will seek control over reserved matters, specifically relating to finance but also possibly over board composition particularly in the key Chair and CFO roles. No investor coming into a company in Everton’s circumstances would permit the existing management team to continue, nor would they forgo their demand for board positions.
It is thought Andrew Bell and perhaps George Downing (a successful property investor originally from Liverpool) will form part of a new Everton board, post repayment of any short term loans, thereby negating any governance issues of having minority shareholder and creditors as directors of the company.
Although it is impossible to get anyone to confirm on the record, the current Chair and CEO must be removed to allow for cultural change, new strategic planning but most critically corporate and senior personnel restructuring.

Not out of the woods
We are not out of the woods by a long way. The immediate funding requirement for Bramley Moore ought to be met. Board changes should improve governance and corporate performance as well as materially altering the corporate culture (one hopes).
None of the above provides a funding solution for Kevin Thelwell and Sean Dyche. It won’t immediately solve the structural issues regarding the imbalance not only within the squad but that of income and expenditure across the business (although that is improving).
It will, though, provide evidence of change, it should weaken the chaotic influence of Farhad Moshiri and his footballing advisors. It will lead to the removal of the key decision makers of recent and many years. It will most likely lead to a loss of Moshiri’s majority shareholding. It should lead to better decision making, better governance, and please God, a return to more normal relationships between the ever loyal fans and errant, wholly unsuitable directors and our majority owner.
Anything less than the above is just a further kick of a heavily dented can down an extremely rocky road. This is the challenge facing incoming investors and business leaders.

https://theesk.org/2023/06/10/summary-of-evertons-current-position-not-out-of-the-woods/
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32710 on: June 11, 2023, 07:12:31 pm »
Penned by my AI - you're welcome :)

In the land of ice and snow,
Where the bitter winds do blow,
There lived a creature, feared and known,
Whose head was like a melon, grown.

The Esk, they called this beast of might,
Whose head was such an awesome sight,
For it was large and round and green,
The biggest head that you have seen.

It towered high above the crowd,
And all who saw it would be wowed,
For it was said that in its mind,
The Esk had secrets undefined.

With eyes that glowed like embers bright,
And teeth that gleamed like stars at night,
The Esk was feared both far and wide,
By all who dared to cross its side.

But there was one who dared to try,
To face the Esk, and not to shy,
A hero bold, with sword in hand,
To save his people and his land.

He faced the Esk with fearless might,
And in a flash, he did ignite,
His sword, ablaze with holy fire,
To strike the Esk and not to tire.

The battle raged for many days,
As both sides fought in countless ways,
But in the end, the hero won,
And the Esk was vanquished, undone.

And so the hero saved his land,
With sword in hand and courage grand,
And though the Esk was feared before,
Its reign of terror was no more.

And now, the story's often told,
Of the hero brave and bold,
Who faced the Esk with head so big,
And saved his people from the rig.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32711 on: June 11, 2023, 08:09:41 pm »
Penned by my AI - you're welcome :)

In the land of ice and snow,
Where the bitter winds do blow,
There lived a creature, feared and known,
Whose head was like a melon, grown.

The Esk, they called this beast of might,
Whose head was such an awesome sight,
For it was large and round and green,
The biggest head that you have seen.

It towered high above the crowd,
And all who saw it would be wowed,
For it was said that in its mind,
The Esk had secrets undefined.

With eyes that glowed like embers bright,
And teeth that gleamed like stars at night,
The Esk was feared both far and wide,
By all who dared to cross its side.

But there was one who dared to try,
To face the Esk, and not to shy,
A hero bold, with sword in hand,
To save his people and his land.

He faced the Esk with fearless might,
And in a flash, he did ignite,
His sword, ablaze with holy fire,
To strike the Esk and not to tire.

The battle raged for many days,
As both sides fought in countless ways,
But in the end, the hero won,
And the Esk was vanquished, undone.

And so the hero saved his land,
With sword in hand and courage grand,
And though the Esk was feared before,
Its reign of terror was no more.

And now, the story's often told,
Of the hero brave and bold,
Who faced the Esk with head so big,
And saved his people from the rig.

A good AI would've got "usual caveats" in there

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32712 on: June 11, 2023, 09:28:31 pm »
The blues default about the premier league's investigation is " We have cooperated with them" which is all well and good but if they have found out you have been lying, well he'll hath no fury like a corrupt regime supporting organisation.
Bitter? Not me.

Grey pyabs though.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32713 on: June 11, 2023, 09:42:31 pm »
The blues default about the premier league's investigation is " We have cooperated with them" which is all well and good but if they have found out you have been lying, well he'll hath no fury like a corrupt regime supporting organisation.
which is essentially meaningless.  are they expecting an award for cooperating ffs?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #32714 on: June 11, 2023, 09:45:11 pm »
One fucking goal.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32715 on: June 11, 2023, 09:48:10 pm »
Shite

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32716 on: June 11, 2023, 09:51:37 pm »
which is essentially meaningless.  are they expecting an award for cooperating ffs?
Another first
Bitter? Not me.

Grey pyabs though.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #32717 on: June 12, 2023, 12:37:21 am »
They never co-operated with my hopes and expectations this year did they?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #32718 on: June 12, 2023, 03:10:37 pm »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32719 on: June 12, 2023, 03:17:06 pm »
Do they owe him money?

Where's Ancelotti's general commercial contracts and arrangements money, Bill?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art