Author Topic: Inter Miami? Who are they? Exactly…  (Read 4189 times)

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Inter Miami? Who are they? Exactly…
« Reply #40 on: June 2, 2023, 08:21:00 am »
For reasons unknown, I watched an Inter Miami game on telly a while back, they were bloody awful. Much like Fat Frank, Phil Neville’s managerial career has been due to his name rather than his aptitude for the job. Like Lampard, we have not seen the last of him as a manager.
Justice for the 96!

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: June 2, 2023, 08:37:25 am »
The only thing surprising me about his sacking is that I genuinely thought he must have already got the boot two years ago.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #42 on: June 2, 2023, 08:43:30 am »
Is Beckham still involved there? Please tell me he was the one to fire him.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #43 on: June 2, 2023, 08:46:55 am »
Don’t forget he’s an Everton legend.

Red Sean had better watch out.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: June 2, 2023, 10:13:02 am »
Is Beckham still involved there? Please tell me he was the one to fire him.
Yes and probably yes

Sometimes in this game we have to make the toughest decisions," said the club's co-owner David Beckham.

"Sadly we feel the time is right to make a change. I want to personally thank Phil for his hard work, his passion for our club and for his integrity as a person."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65784220

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: June 2, 2023, 10:36:10 am »
Wally is sacked.

And Beckham acting all corporate chairman with his formal statements.

This is what can happen when high profile ex footballers get money and status. Makes you cringe. But it’s car crash entertainment.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: June 2, 2023, 01:23:17 pm »
He'll worm his way into a job in English Football with ease due to the rewarding failure mantra the Chairman here follow.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: June 2, 2023, 03:16:31 pm »
They might end up with a talented manager now instead of one of Beckham's mates.  It was funny reading Beckham trying to come across like a serious businessman.

Is England an outlier in that none of the "golden generation" of players has cut it as a manager?  Gerrard probably has one more shot at it and Carrick seems to be doing OK at Middlesbrough.  That's about it though really with Fowler, Campbell, both Nevilles, Scholes and Lampard all pretty much bombing as managers.  Considering the doors opened by being a former England international I'd have expected some to have made it as managers.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: June 2, 2023, 04:45:42 pm »
They might end up with a talented manager now instead of one of Beckham's mates.  It was funny reading Beckham trying to come across like a serious businessman.

Is England an outlier in that none of the "golden generation" of players has cut it as a manager?  Gerrard probably has one more shot at it and Carrick seems to be doing OK at Middlesbrough.  That's about it though really with Fowler, Campbell, both Nevilles, Scholes and Lampard all pretty much bombing as managers.  Considering the doors opened by being a former England international I'd have expected some to have made it as managers.

Proof, if ever we needed it, that playing and managing are extremely different skill sets. In fact, being a top player almost seems a hinderance for most.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #49 on: June 3, 2023, 12:11:32 am »
Manchester United have quite a track record of producing ex players who could not manage that well, Giggs, Scholes, Nevilles, Charlton, Solskjaer, Bruce , Fegruson Jnr, Keane, Hughes, Robson, Ince, Webb, Phelan, Forlan, Rooney

Carrick is doing a decent job though as is Robins, Strachan did ok
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #50 on: June 3, 2023, 07:27:35 am »
Manchester United have quite a track record of producing ex players who could not manage that well, Giggs, Scholes, Nevilles, Charlton, Solskjaer, Bruce , Fegruson Jnr, Keane, Hughes, Robson, Ince, Webb, Phelan, Forlan, Rooney

I'd argue that Oleh did a cracking job ;D

Offline Mahern

• Kopite
« Reply #51 on: June 3, 2023, 11:23:30 am »
Manchester United have quite a track record of producing ex players who could not manage that well, Giggs, Scholes, Nevilles, Charlton, Solskjaer, Bruce , Fegruson Jnr, Keane, Hughes, Robson, Ince, Webb , Phelan, Forlan, Rooney

Worse PGMOL manager than Riley

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #52 on: June 3, 2023, 01:37:31 pm »
He'll worm his way into a job in English Football with ease due to the rewarding failure mantra the Chairman here follow.

Unless it’s Salford, I doubt it. He did a poor job by all accounts with England and has had a shocked in the US

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #53 on: June 3, 2023, 03:58:56 pm »
To be fair Phil Neville never looked like the sharpest tool in the shed anway