Author Topic: Anfield Set For 12 Month Rail Seating Trial  (Read 16807 times)

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Anfield Set For 12 Month Rail Seating Trial
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2021, 03:48:29 pm »
Haven't we already started? Or does this mean something different?

I imagine this is legally allowing standing in the stadium rather than sticking in rail seating and turning a blind eye to it.

It's all a bit cart before the horse, but seems an inevitable end result. Finally, thankfully.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2021, 04:42:28 pm »
I imagine this is legally allowing standing in the stadium rather than sticking in rail seating and turning a blind eye to it.

It's all a bit cart before the horse, but seems an inevitable end result. Finally, thankfully.

Ah yes, I see - ours was touted as being done for safety reasons but in theory still not allowing standing while knowing it went on.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2021, 04:57:55 pm »
Haven't we already started? Or does this mean something different?

We aren’t allowing standing even though we’ve put rail seats in. This is to specifically allow standing during matches.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2021, 04:59:02 pm »
We aren’t allowing standing even though we’ve put rail seats in. This is to specifically allow standing during matches.

:thumbup
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TAA66

• Anny Roader
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #84 on: October 1, 2021, 01:10:36 pm »
Any news on whether the club has applied for safe standing?

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 1, 2021, 05:52:02 pm »
Any news on whether the club has applied for safe standing?

I think in the Times it said we weren’t expected to.

Offline red number 9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Moses said "come forth" but we came first
« Reply #86 on: October 7, 2021, 12:42:27 pm »
Only 6, currently unnamed, clubs across Premier League & Championship have applied.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58829384

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 26, 2021, 04:20:21 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/447413-railed-seating-trial-starts-in-anfield-road-stand

Railed seating has been installed in the lower Anfield Road Stand as part of the season-long trial at Anfield.

This follows the 1,800 seats already installed at the back of the Kop at the start of the campaign, which have received positive feedback from supporters.

The trial is separate from the Anfield Road expansion work and will be updating 6,000 seats in the lower tier for home and away fans into railed seating. Changes will be staggered at intervals in home matches or international breaks, with approximately 1,900 seats on the back 10 rows expected to be updated for the fixture with Brighton & Hove Albion on Saturday.

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2021, 11:27:53 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/447413-railed-seating-trial-starts-in-anfield-road-stand

All for the rail seating but the back ten rows of the lower Anfield Road is an area of the ground you should want people to sit down - can't see anything if people stand up!  Only slightly better if people are sitting down

Offline kopdude81

• Main Stander
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2021, 06:17:53 pm »
All for the rail seating but the back ten rows of the lower Anfield Road is an area of the ground you should want people to sit down - can't see anything if people stand up!  Only slightly better if people are sitting down

Yeah I thought they'd start at the bottom by the pitch side and work up to avoid the issue of worsening the limited view under the second tier overhang. But then if you implemented it this way you would have people standing up persistently in front of people sitting so not sure what the answer is really.

Is 6,000 seats the entire lower tier of the ARE btw?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 06:21:30 pm by kopdude81 »
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2021, 07:48:45 am »
Yeah I thought they'd start at the bottom by the pitch side and work up to avoid the issue of worsening the limited view under the second tier overhang. But then if you implemented it this way you would have people standing up persistently in front of people sitting so not sure what the answer is really.

Is 6,000 seats the entire lower tier of the ARE btw?

Yes

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2021, 10:08:29 am »
Yes

I appreciate the need to go carefully but note this at the end of the link:

"Supporters attending matches are reminded that Anfield is still an all-seater stadium and should remain seated when possible. Liverpool FC will not be requesting an expression of interest to pilot safe standing areas this season."

Still. Good Luck with that I suppose.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2021, 10:26:03 am »
I appreciate the need to go carefully but note this at the end of the link:

"Supporters attending matches are reminded that Anfield is still an all-seater stadium and should remain seated when possible. Liverpool FC will not be requesting an expression of interest to pilot safe standing areas this season."

Still. Good Luck with that I suppose.

Still much safer even in seated areas. I am surprised they have done it the entire Annie lower, the away section definitely needed doing to make it safer for fans.

Offline reddazforever

• Main Stander
« Reply #94 on: November 11, 2021, 07:50:49 am »
I don’t get why we’re actively installing over 7000 rail seats ( and far more than the other clubs) if we never planned to apply to be part of the safe standing pilot.  We know from the Spirit of shankly survey a few years back that the vast majority of supporters back safe standing so why not be part of the pilot? 
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #95 on: November 11, 2021, 11:57:54 am »
The club is doing its own trial of them in use as things currently are, and will likely then request to be part of a full season trial next year if they feel that they have been an improvement upon standard seats.