Author Topic: Things you find..weird  (Read 68492 times)

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
Re: Things you find..weird
« Reply #360 on: January 4, 2023, 03:13:58 pm »
What I find really weird (and really annoying) is this sudden trend of people calling themselves 'auditors' and going to police stations, factories, places of work, and filming. Its all to get a reaction but its everywhere lately. They speak to people like shit, have a terrible attitude and poke a camera in their face.

I just can't get me head around why you'd do that?
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: January 4, 2023, 03:20:26 pm »
^^

You're not allowed to give a bad reference but you can refuse to give one entirely so it's very rare or totally stupid to give an ex employer as a character reference if they were sacked.

Most ex employer references are usually just to confirm they worked for or with you, that the dates and timescale of the employment is correct and their job title/role is correct.

You absolutely are as long as it is accurate.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: January 4, 2023, 03:21:17 pm »
What I find really weird (and really annoying) is this sudden trend of people calling themselves 'auditors' and going to police stations, factories, places of work, and filming. Its all to get a reaction but its everywhere lately. They speak to people like shit, have a terrible attitude and poke a camera in their face.

They're just absolute bellends that can't get a real job and have no social life.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #363 on: January 4, 2023, 03:23:07 pm »
They're just absolute bellends that can't get a real job and have no social life.

Barney is aware of these facts through auditing the individuals concerned...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: January 4, 2023, 03:45:17 pm »

Do we still have GDPR? Pretty sure you can sue them, if they publish thwir videos of you without your explicit consent.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #365 on: January 4, 2023, 03:56:41 pm »
Barney is aware of these facts through auditing the individuals concerned...
;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: January 4, 2023, 04:42:57 pm »

This is a thing? Take the camera off them, turn it off, then kick fuck out of them.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #367 on: January 4, 2023, 06:08:26 pm »
This is a thing? Take the camera off them, turn it off, then kick fuck out of them.

I fear its becoming the latest craze for the bellends in life, I watched one the other night, they were at the new police HQ in town, literally deserve a running kick up the arse.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #368 on: January 4, 2023, 06:18:05 pm »
is that some kind of TikTok bullshit?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: January 4, 2023, 06:38:26 pm »
I fear its becoming the latest craze for the bellends in life, I watched one the other night, they were at the new police HQ in town, literally deserve a running kick up the arse.

Would love an Armed Response officer to mistake them for a terrorist and shoot the c*nt ;D

A customer was rude as fuck with our kid once at work in the pub, talked to him like a piece of shit. When our kid was off duty, the fella ended up lying on the floor in the bogs with a bust nose and covered in his own piss.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: January 4, 2023, 08:26:50 pm »
It would be easier to list things I don't think are weird.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: January 6, 2023, 08:25:46 am »
That's exactly what would have happened back in the 70's and 80's.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: January 11, 2023, 08:28:48 am »
Christmas morning, parents are shouting at my brother through the bathroom door because the boiler is fired up but shouldn't have been at that hour - it's assumed my brother is taking a second unnecessary and expense shower. Turns out he was in fact brushing his teeth with hot water. Says he always does it. Says it supposed to be done with hot water. Weirdo.

It has been weeks since this happened but it still keep coming to mind because I can no longer pick up my own toothbrush without thinking about it.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: January 11, 2023, 08:22:30 pm »
Christmas morning, parents are shouting at my brother through the bathroom door because the boiler is fired up but shouldn't have been at that hour - it's assumed my brother is taking a second unnecessary and expense shower. Turns out he was in fact brushing his teeth with hot water. Says he always does it. Says it supposed to be done with hot water. Weirdo.

It has been weeks since this happened but it still keep coming to mind because I can no longer pick up my own toothbrush without thinking about it.

Hmm, i thought everyone used warm water to brush their teeth(when available).That's weird.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: January 11, 2023, 09:34:17 pm »

Hmm, i thought everyone used warm water to brush their teeth(when available).That's weird.

Never heard of anyone using warm water.

You shouldn't use water anyway, you should just brush then spit the toothpaste out
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #375 on: January 11, 2023, 10:42:40 pm »
Never heard of anyone using warm water.

You shouldn't use water anyway, you should just brush then spit the toothpaste out
Yep, I brush without water, then spit the paste before rinsing with cold water.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #376 on: January 11, 2023, 10:46:45 pm »
My missus wets her toothbrush before adding the toothpaste, then the toothpaste is wet if I use it after her, which always freaks me out a tiny bit.  It's mad, though, it's going to get wet in your mouth anyway but it still feels wrong.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #377 on: January 12, 2023, 12:31:01 am »
My missus wets her toothbrush before adding the toothpaste, then the toothpaste is wet if I use it after her, which always freaks me out a tiny bit.  It's mad, though, it's going to get wet in your mouth anyway but it still feels wrong.

I do that as well, I don't even know why any more, I've just always done it. I think it probably makes me gag a bit without it, like it's too dry with just the paste on it.

Makes me heave when people swallow the dirty toothpaste instead of spitting as well, although I'm sure there's a sign in my dentists telling you it's better to to do that now. Why would you want to swallow all the yack you've just cleaned off your teeth?  :puke2
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #378 on: January 12, 2023, 03:19:42 pm »

It's been happening in the US for years, but I've noticed UK ones popping up on Youtube this last year. A lot of it seems linked to the 'Sovereign Citizen' type of person, who naturally assumes that all organisations and institutions are corrupt and often have it out for them, personally. Maybe they think they'll catch some evidence of misdeeds by hanging around with a camera?

I have no idea what leads these people to do this, but they come up with important sounding channel names that often have 'news' in them. Lots of videos of them getting arrested though, but I guess as it's only trespassing they aren't held for long and have nothing else going on so carry on doing it.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: January 12, 2023, 03:57:03 pm »

I do that. Suppose it just rinses off any dust that has settled on it or whatever. No idea really.

I don't rinse my mouth out after spitting the toothpaste out. Dentist years ago said not to as the toothpaste is still working away after you have finished brushing.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #380 on: January 12, 2023, 04:42:53 pm »
Fellow toothbrush wetter here too. Why wouldn’t you?

Also give it a little splash of water once the toothpaste has been applied to. I like it moist.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: January 12, 2023, 04:44:18 pm »

Also give it a little splash of water once the toothpaste has been applied to. I like it moist.

Yes I do that as well, it hadn't even occurred to me until you said it, it's like an automatic reaction.

One of my friends used to walk around with her brush in her mouth for ages when we were younger, just watching her do it made me gag. How could you keep brushing like that with no water?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 04:46:04 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: January 12, 2023, 04:47:50 pm »
Another who wets the toothbrush. Been doing it since I was a kid. One thing my missus beat out of me when I moved in with her was leaving the tap running while I was brushing my teeth.
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #383 on: January 12, 2023, 04:48:59 pm »
Another who wets the toothbrush. Been doing it since I was a kid. One thing my missus beat out of me when I moved in with her was leaving the tap running while I was brushing my teeth.

Mancunians know what a rare and precious commodity water is.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: January 12, 2023, 04:50:29 pm »

me too.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2023, 04:51:51 pm »
Mancunians know what a rare and precious commodity water is.
seriously though, leaving it running is really wasteful.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2023, 04:56:59 pm »

I'm dreadful for that, but we've just had water meters fitted so that might make me more careful now!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2023, 04:57:54 pm »

I know. Just wanted a Manchester/rain jibe.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2023, 05:41:30 pm »
I know. Just wanted a Manchester/rain jibe.
oh god -- I didn't even make that connection.  :)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2023, 05:55:14 pm »

haha. Yeah, that little splash on top of the toothpaste ensures an optimum brushing experience . :)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2023, 06:01:23 pm »
I'm dreadful for that, but we've just had water meters fitted so that might make me more careful now!

She'd had a meter fitted not long after she bought the house.

You never think of that as kids and then it just became a bad habit
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: January 12, 2023, 06:19:35 pm »
She'd had a meter fitted not long after she bought the house.

You never think of that as kids and then it just became a bad habit

I've been doing it most of my adult life, and still forget about it more often than not.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: January 12, 2023, 06:57:18 pm »
I'm obviously very weird then as I don't use water before or after the toothpaste and I spend the 5-10mins brushing checking out the garden from various upstairs windows 😂

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2023, 06:59:37 pm »
I'm obviously very weird then as I don't use water before or after the toothpaste and I spend the 5-10mins brushing checking out the garden from various upstairs windows 😂
You definitely are Charlie Dimmock, aren't you?  :D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: January 12, 2023, 07:05:37 pm »
You definitely are Charlie Dimmock, aren't you?  :D

There's so much happening at this time of year though.  Birds noseying in the nest boxes, new birds arriving at the feeders and the ewe's are about to start lambing. 

It beats checking out the neighbours mate ☺️

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: January 12, 2023, 07:17:33 pm »
There's so much happening at this time of year though.  Birds noseying in the nest boxes, new birds arriving at the feeders and the ewe's are about to start lambing. 

I'm just pulling your leg.  ;D

If I lived where you do I'd be the same.

Online reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #396 on: January 12, 2023, 07:38:58 pm »
I'm just pulling your leg.  ;D

If I lived where you do I'd be the same.

👍

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: January 12, 2023, 07:43:23 pm »

He only does that on his walks  ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: January 12, 2023, 07:46:42 pm »
He only does that on his walks  ;)
RAWK has the memory of an elephant.

That was four years ago, for goodness sake.  ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: January 12, 2023, 07:48:21 pm »
RAWK has the memory of an elephant.

That was four years ago, for goodness sake.  ;D

Never forget ;D
Jurgen YNWA