Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 275182 times)

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Konate signs
« Reply #560 on: July 14, 2021, 01:27:12 pm »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #561 on: July 14, 2021, 01:45:58 pm »
We had this conversation before. We don't have any other decent RB except Trent, so i expect Gomez to play quite a bit as RB in Cup games.

We'll play a kid there in cup games before we play Gomez imo.

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #562 on: July 14, 2021, 03:18:28 pm »
He looks like a 12 year old in a titan's body in that pic. I bet there was a coach holding his seat and running behind him just out of shot shouting "keep going, you can do it on your own!"
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: July 14, 2021, 04:05:29 pm »
He looks like a 12 year old in a titan's body in that pic. I bet there was a coach holding his seat and running behind him just out of shot shouting "keep going, you can do it on your own!"

Should have done his helmet straps up for him too.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: July 15, 2021, 02:40:23 pm »
He's done his first interview with us. If you can be bothered to pay 8 quid it's on LFCTV Go...or just wait for the youtube video done by some mug.  ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #565 on: July 15, 2021, 02:42:01 pm »
He's done his first interview with us. If you can be bothered to pay 8 quid it's on LFCTV Go...or just wait for the youtube video done by some mug.  ;D

There'd better be a ton of anime references in there.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: July 15, 2021, 02:56:15 pm »
There'd better be a ton of anime references in there.

It's worth it just to see him transform to super saiyan 2

Offline BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #567 on: July 15, 2021, 05:04:37 pm »
Let's hope he didn't eat Maguire to get his defensive Titan powers.  :lmao
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: July 15, 2021, 05:14:31 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/437998-ibrahima-konate-i-m-very-happy-but-there-is-a-lot-of-work-for-me-to-do

Ibrahima Konate is relishing the chance to get his Liverpool career up and running at the club's Austria training base, but admits there's plenty of hard work to be done in the coming weeks.

After completing his switch from RB Leipzig on July 1, the 22-year-old linked up with his new teammates for the first time on Monday as the Reds’ camp in Salzburg got under way.

And speaking for the first time as a Liverpool player, Konate detailed why he is aiming to use the time to make improvements to his game.

I am very happy to be here with the team,” the centre-back told Liverpoolfc.com in an interview LFCTV GO subscribers can watch in full above, or by tapping here for app users. “My first impressions, I am very happy because I work with great players and I know I will [improve] here and I will be better with time.

“I’m very happy because we work together, everybody is happy and this is good.

“Of course, I will learn [from] these players, but not just with these players, with every player on this team. It’s just the start and with time it will be [a lot] better.

“Yes, I know I am very young but this is not important – I have to improve on the pitch and to work. If I am good, for the rest it is not important.”

Konate has inherited the No.5 jersey at Anfield, taking over from Georginio Wijnaldum following his departure earlier this summer.

“I think it’s an important number for this club,” he explained. “A great player had this number before me. I have not pressure but a little bit of pressure because I have to improve for the future. I hope I will do great things with this number.”

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #569 on: July 15, 2021, 05:19:04 pm »
Weird how pleased I am that he's picked a proper number for a centre back.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #570 on: July 15, 2021, 05:25:44 pm »
Yeah, I know the game has moved on, but I'm a bit nostalgic about the old use of numbers too.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #571 on: July 15, 2021, 05:42:34 pm »

I know what you mean. But Liverpool's centre backs were, for many years, numbers 4 and 6. Number 5 was reserved for left midfield - Peter Cormack to Ray Kennedy to Ronnie Whelan. A little eccentric, but very Liverpool.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: July 15, 2021, 05:47:40 pm »
I think Baros tried to set a new trend for Liverpool no. 5's but it never caught on.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #573 on: July 15, 2021, 06:05:14 pm »
I know what you mean. But Liverpool's centre backs were, for many years, numbers 4 and 6. Number 5 was reserved for left midfield - Peter Cormack to Ray Kennedy to Ronnie Whelan. A little eccentric, but very Liverpool.

Weird how it changes through the years, I've always liked 4 for the holding mid but now everyone refers to it as the 6.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: July 15, 2021, 06:28:25 pm »
Weird how it changes through the years, I've always liked 4 for the holding mid but now everyone refers to it as the 6.

I used to play centre back and every team I played for I rejected the no. 5 jersey for either 4 or 6. Number 5 is midfield I'd say. I even took the no. 11 at one point because Jocky spent a few months wearing it. (I think for a while there used to be a principle at Anfield that you took the number of the player who got injured, so infrequent were the changes to the first team).
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: July 15, 2021, 06:37:47 pm »
The traditional WM formation was always like this ...

11 - 9 - 7
10 - 8
6 - 4
3 - 5 - 2

The changes came later ...

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: July 15, 2021, 07:38:48 pm »
Where are the good Inside Forwards these days Mac and Yorky?  ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #577 on: July 15, 2021, 08:19:12 pm »
Where are the good Inside Forwards these days Mac and Yorky?  ;D

Was Gordon Milne an inside right or a right sided midfielders?

A subject for debate. ;D

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #578 on: July 15, 2021, 09:24:23 pm »

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #579 on: July 16, 2021, 09:27:47 pm »
Wait, did he just get done by Matip who went on to score? SELL HIM!!!!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #580 on: July 16, 2021, 09:36:05 pm »
I used to play centre back and every team I played for I rejected the no. 5 jersey for either 4 or 6. Number 5 is midfield I'd say. I even took the no. 11 at one point because Jocky spent a few months wearing it. (I think for a while there used to be a principle at Anfield that you took the number of the player who got injured, so infrequent were the changes to the first team).

4 makes me think of Nicol. Hansen 6 and Gillespie 2 or 3 I think?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: July 16, 2021, 09:39:04 pm »
Pep talking about Ibou in his diary:

Defensively, he is strong and it is something we wanted because we play high – our centre-halves and full-backs need to be able to catch players when they break because when you play so offensively, when players slip through we do, of course, have Ali but we firstly want to catch them with our legs – solve the problem with legs. One thing Ibou has his legs!

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: July 16, 2021, 10:02:15 pm »
The traditional WM formation was always like this ...

11 - 9 - 7
10 - 8
6 - 4
3 - 5 - 2

The changes came later ...

And the first use of numbers was for 2-3-5.

2-3
4-5-6
7-8-9-10-11
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: July 17, 2021, 12:57:22 am »
And the first use of numbers was for 2-3-5.

2-3
4-5-6
7-8-9-10-11

I am too young to remember the 2-3-5  ;D

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #584 on: July 17, 2021, 03:53:56 am »
We should play the 2-3-5 and see if it works  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #585 on: July 17, 2021, 05:48:26 am »
We should play the 2-3-5 and see if it works  ;D
We pretty much do when Trent and Robbo are in the mood
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: July 17, 2021, 10:59:13 am »

That is actually true. With Van Dijk and Gomez back, and with Konate signing, we will see a lot of 2-3-5 in the attacking phase next season  ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: July 17, 2021, 11:51:58 am »

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: July 17, 2021, 12:16:10 pm »
Ooh look lots of cocky mancs taking the piss.  Bring it on!!

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: July 17, 2021, 01:34:43 pm »

We do as well. Often wonder how we get away with it sometimes. Klopp and his boys are ballsy, we play our footy in their half.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 01:39:16 pm by red1977 »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #590 on: July 17, 2021, 01:52:30 pm »
;D

https://twitter.com/EricNjiiru/status/1416091056534347777?
I like the way he’s slightly pissed off at first, looks round, sees it’s big Virj and he’s fine ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: July 17, 2021, 05:35:58 pm »
That is actually true. With Van Dijk and Gomez back, and with Konate signing, we will see a lot of 2-3-5 in the attacking phase next season  ;D

That was the problem when we had Nat + ANO, we didn't have the speed or the anticipation to play the 2/5/3 and it really cost us.  You just couldn't have both full backs bombing on and the midfield was always conscious of the need to protect the centre backs. It's amazing that Jurgen and the players were abe to adapt and haul us to third place, no mean achievement. Really looking forward to seeing us play again with the attacking verve two top centre backs bring.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: July 17, 2021, 10:27:16 pm »
;D

https://twitter.com/EricNjiiru/status/1416091056534347777?

Virg making it clear early on that not to get too excited as he's still the boss around here...

;)
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #593 on: July 17, 2021, 10:35:21 pm »

Konate's old school Yorky
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: July 17, 2021, 10:58:46 pm »

Konate's old school Yorky

What a picture that is!

Little and Large and two of the hardest footballers who ever played the game. 

Old school indeed but I love how Shanks's last great innovation was to say "I want two converted midfielders as my joint centre halves in future". And to drive the point home proceeded to throw the old-school centre-half's number 5 shirt at Peter Cormack.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 11:02:14 pm by Yorkykopite »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: July 17, 2021, 11:03:03 pm »
What a picture that is!

Little and Large and two of the hardest footballers who ever played the game.

Boss isn't it, mate. Always loved Rowdy. My favourite number 5? Gotta be Ray Kennedy

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: July 17, 2021, 11:05:41 pm »
Boss isn't it, mate. Always loved Rowdy. My favourite number 5? Gotta be Ray Kennedy

I lean ever so slightly towards Ronnie Whelan, but Ray was so often the man for the big moment.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: July 17, 2021, 11:17:24 pm »
I lean ever so slightly towards Ronnie Whelan, but Ray was so often the man for the big moment.

Aye, Ronnie was class and so underrated outside Anfield. He scored big goals too. The genius of Bob to turn Ray into the perfect left sided midfielder should never be forgotten. I digress....

Like the cut of Ibou's jib. I believe we've bought Virgil 2.0

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: July 18, 2021, 02:43:00 pm »
Kloppo confirms Ibou is making his debut in one of the games on Tuesday.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/438226-ibrahima-konate-to-make-liverpool-debut

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #599 on: July 18, 2021, 06:29:40 pm »
Can't wait for this thread to be renamed "The indomitable Ibou"
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."